Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's been a long time, my old friend.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia turned full to face Siobhan now, her flippant tone stirring a little anger. So she may have been slightly self absorbed at this point in time and had forgotten in the heat of the moment to ask how Siobhan had been but there was punishment enough without the cold reminder that she'd been a crappy friend. She did not, however, voice any of this, blowing a sigh out of her nose instead and regarded her sister with a steady gaze.

"What happened to your leg?"

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Siobhan felt the anger stir inside her sister, but met the gaze, turning her eyes away from the blue orb that was Tygara. These days, she seldom went planetside. If the Eldorai wanted anything, the knife-ears could come to her in supplication. She had been deeply hurt by the betrayals.

"Roof dropped on it. Well, part of one. That was when I killed the Sith who spaced me. For the record, I made the bastard hurt. Thanks for...holding vigil when I was in coma, by the way," she responded. Her doctors had advised her to get some proper treatment. They'd advised many things. As had a certain Jedi healer. Her grip around her cane tightened as she felt a sudden wave of dizziness overcome her. It was gone like a fly buzzing by, but left her a bit unsteady. At least it was just momentary dizziness instead of chest pains. "Let's sit down," she said.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia's arms dropped as she noticed Siobhan's eyes slide out of focus for a brief second, she almost moved to support her, the slight twitch in her arms might have given her away. But she and Siobhan had something in common. Neither of them liked to receive help uninvited, and both were stubborn to the point of stupidity.

"That seems like a lifetime ago." she said quietly, follwing Siobhan and settling on the couch, keeping a closer eye on her. "Most things before Coruscant are...hazy. Like those memories aren't a part of me either..." she trailed off, quiet for a moment before continuing "I'm glad he's dead. One more piece of freedom for yourself. How's Galina and Tegea?"

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Siobhan sat down on the couch. She tried to cross her legs, but instantly regretted this and gave up on this posture when her bad leg acted up again. Stupid leg. It ought to do as it was told. There was a flicker of something on her face when Mia spoke of Coruscant - and what she'd lost. It looked like regret. I should have been there. So many regrets, so many I should haves, so many what ifs. It was fruitless to brood on them. Nonetheless, she did not prod.

"Galina's alright. She's a good, smart girl...but naive. She's become fixated on returning to her homeworld and liberating it from the evil tyrants who turned it into a hellhole. Apparently her ancestors used to be the 'good kings' before being toppled and now some so-called 'loyalists' supposedly want her to be queen. Ridiculous." Suffice to say Siobhan was not a fan of 'Return of the Queen'. The fact that Galina did not care about the throne and was more interested in simply helping her people was besides the point. She's still turned out better than the rest, Siobhan thought bitterly. Not setting the bar that high.

"Tegs is fine. She stepped down as joint CEO recently to run a division dedicated to exploration. We've had our ups and downs, but we've always pulled through in the end. We have a connection, and that's what matters. We got two little ones in the house."

Mia Monroe

M
"Yes," said Mia, slightly amused. "Because nobility is such a ridiculous concept." she smirked. "You never know, she might do some good with a crown on her head." She leaned back against the cushions, allowing for a brief moment for her tiredness to wash over her eyes sliding shut for a moment. The journey had been long and sleepless. Nothing created insomnia than the imagining of what your sister might do when you rock up after being presumed dead.

Eyes snapped open again. "Two little ones?" she enquired. "Yours?" There was a hint of nervousness in her voice.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"She might, but if she wants a crown, she must earn it on her own merit. Instead of Mummy placing it on her head. At any rate, she took an important step towards growing up by spending some time as a common soldier among the Angelii. Gave her a taste of what disciplined military life is like. She even saw action in the field." As she spoke, Miai seemed to drift off, but then her eyes suddenly snapped open at the mention of little ones. The nervousness in the other woman's tone did not escape Siobhan.

"No, not mine. I'm just their guardian. Their mother is not with us anymore. She was a very brave woman. An acolyte of mine. They don't really remember her. To them, I'm their Auntie Sio." All this was the truth, but not the whole story. One could say that it was true from a certain point of view.

She snapped her finger to get the attention of a Qadiri servant girl who happened to be passing by. "Get us something to drink please." The clock was ticking. The hour was not quite up, but they were getting there.

Mia Monroe

M
"Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la."

The words slipped from her lips, alien to her ears yet familiar on her tongue. "I'm sorry." she said sitting forward. From the half truths she was getting out of Siobhan, it seemed that hell and high water had come at her sister, and Mia had failed to be there. Not for the first time either. "I should have been here." she said softly.

Pushing herself to her feet she moved back to the window behind them, anger at herself swirling up inside her. If she had not had part of Velok swimming round in her head, perhaps she'd have seen the more important thing n her life. Perhaps she would have been able to work at them. She would now, but could she do it with Velok still there?

She blew out a heavy sigh, turning her back to he window to look at Siobhan.

"Get him out."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Siobhan's expression made it difficult to discern whether she was surprised by Mia's choice or had expected it. Slowly, she got up, nodding. Did she think that erasing Velok's memories would suddenly wipe the slate clean and make everything alright again? No. It could be a start in a new direction, but in the end that depended on Mia.

"Ok. I'll call Chesna and tell her to come over and assist," she said. While Siobhan could manipulate memories, she was not a good mentalist. So it was best to have someone else assist who knew the craft better than she did and possessed more finesse. Before she deleted something she should have kept or made a different mistake.

Taking her cane, she limped out of the living room, but before she crossed the threshold, she turned to look upon the Liberator. "Sister, thank you," she said feelingly, then departed for her study to make the call. In the meantime, a servant girl would come to offer Mia something to drink.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia didn't say anything in response to Siobhan's gratitude. For one, she didn't deserve it, for another, she wasn't truly doing it for Siobhan. She bowed her head all the same watching her limp away. There were some things better left unsaid. A servant appeared at her elbow and Mia asked for water, turning her attention back to the surface of Tygara.

A hand moved slowly to her abdomen where something fluttered. Her heart lurched and she closed her eyes, biting her lip and fighting against tears as a torrent of what ifs rolled over her. What if she was a terrible mother and she raised a monster? Or worse, what if she was so terrible the child died? What if Rel never resurfaced? What if he did and wanted nothing to do with the child or her? What if the mandalorians came for her? Would they kill the child too? Or leave it as an orphan?

There were a hundred things that could go wrong, a thousand things she didn't know the answer too. Like what to call it? Or how the hell you change a diaper? Each one more terrifying than the last. She swayed slightly, and felt a gentle hand on her arm. Her eyes snapped open, the servant girl was looking at her with concern, a glass of water held in her hand.

"Are you alright Mistress?"

No.

"I'm fine, thank you." she took the water. "Leave me."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Let's hope I'm not making another stupid mistake by aiding you. I care too much sometimes, Siobhan thought while she made a call in her study. It would have been easier and more consisent with her principles tell Mia to go and cast her out. Siobhan was not sure if she would have acted the same way if the dar'manda had not been with child. That said, it would be a lie if she claimed that she was solely acting out concern for Mia and her unborn kid. She is good in a fight. The clouds were darkening and Firemane had many enemies.

Eventually, the holoterminal was answered and a holographic projection of Chesna Chinue materialised. The elf woman was wearing a light robe and from the looks of it nothing else underneath. "Well, hello there, Mistress Earthshaker. Wait...was I supposed to be over there tonight or tomorrow? Right...tomorrow. So, what's this, booty call?" she asked. "As it was, I was just finishing up with my 'friend' if you need a friend tonight." After all, why else would Siobhan call her? She opened her robe slightly, offering a generous dose of PG-13 exposure. Alas, more was not allowed because otherwise the censors would get the pitch forks.

"This isn't a booty call, Chesna," Siobhan replied sternly.

Chesna pouted. "You don't want me to serve tea and recite poetry, right? That's what Companions are for!" A proper courtesan had her standards, after all. Then she decided to stop trolling. "Alright, you got that real serious look on your face. So what's up?"

"Mia showed up."

"Oh, you don't sound too happy."

Oh, I'm thrilled that she did not bother with me for ages, then showed up, told me she wiped out Mandalore for insane Social Darwinist reasons, then said she needed my help, Siobhan thought to herself with some bitterness. "Long, awkward, unpleasant story. One that I won't discuss over a holoterminal while there are prying ears. All you need to know is that I'm going to flush Velok's memories from her mind. You're going to help and make sure I don't accidentally cause brain damage in the process," she said bluntly.

"Oh, ok. That's...a surprise. She's consented to this, right?

"Yes. Be here in ten minutes," Siobhan ordered gruffly and terminated the call without waiting for a response. A little while later Chesna arrived. The guards let her in with knowing smirks. It wasn't like her presence was unusual. She was actually wearing clothes though, if an extremely low cut blouse, an indecently short skirt and no underwear counted.

Mia Monroe

M
By the time Chesna and Siobhan entered the living space, Mia had regained full control of her wavering emotions. She was a mask again, settled on the edge of the sofa, she looked up, eyes raking over the low cut blouse, short skirt and general slutty air of the elf who entered. Mia wasn't exactly surprised, she knew Siobhan's appetite for women had never quite been satisfied by her own wife but still.

She arched an eyebrow at Siobhan. "Really, Legs?" she asked, not expecting an answer.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Ironically, Siobhan had been introduced to Chesna by her wife during their honeymoon. Their marriage was...a little strange. Chesna took the opportunity to model slightly, her short skirt flapping up as she spun to reveal non-PG-13 things. Not enough to make the censors murderous, fortunately.

"My legs are great, thank you for noticing. Do you like my skirt? Only 199 Dati, though I'm pretty sure I could have acieved the same thing with some cheesecloth and a pair of scissors." She looked at Siobhan, and then Mia again. "I guess you already know, but Mistress kind of had the hots for you. But you're not into girls, right? Straight women are like an exotic species for Mistress," at this moment Siobhan had enough and gripped Chesna's sensitive ear hard.

"Chesna, focus and do your job. Or you will be left untouched, unpunished and with only droids for company." To the unitiated observer this would seem like a very strange punishment, but conventional ones did not work on the empathic, slutty elf.

Chesna looked horrified, as if her Mistress had threatened her with the worst cruel and unusual punishment. "Mistress is very cruel...and powerful and imposing. Anyway, let's get down to business. Now, don't worry, despite my deceptively seductive looks and phenomenal massage skills, I am the best mentalist on this planet. Well, on this station anyway." Modesty, thy name was not Chesna.

"Then you could down on the bragging and we can get to work," Siobhan said sternly, and glanced towards Mia. "As much as she does not seem like that right now and is being a pain in the arse, Chesna is actually a good mentalist." Once upon a time, she'd been a despotic Eldorai Demigoddess who ruled her people with an iron fist. These days, she caused far less misery. At most, she'd broken up a few marriages.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia closed her eyes as the skirt rose, a sigh blowing out of her nose. For a woman who found hugging as an invasion of her personal space, Chesna's attitude was way beyond her comfort level, as was Siobhan's handling of her. She opened her eyes, and passed a hand over her face.

"Manda,save me." she breathed before getting to her feet.

"Firstly," she began addressing Chesna ad ignoring Siobhan's reassurances. "Legs, is her nickname." she jabbed a finger at the elves 'Mistress'. "Secondly, I am aware of her attractions. Thirdly, I find your flaunting and boasting sickly, you will stop. And finally," she flicked her gaze to Siobhan ever so briefly before continuing. "If you kark this up in anyway, I shall leave your remains scattered across the galaxy so finely that no one will ever remember how pretty you are. Do I make myself clear?"

She looked now at Siobhan, eyes blazing. "You could do better." she commented, on her taste, not on her choice of mentalist. "Talk me through the process, please."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"If you want someone to help you, it's best not to queen about them. She didn't mean anything by it," Siobhan replied flatly. On the one hand she could understand Mia's reaction, but she was also a little hurt by it. However, she sighed and nodded towards Chesna. "Cut the bimbo act and outline the plan," she ordered.

"My dear, Mia, if I kark up your brain will be dripping out of your ears and you will no more be able to filet me than you can fix your own problems right now," Chesna said softly, intently. There was something beneath the vapid, slutty hedonist who spent most of her time acting like a ditzy, oversexed airhead. It was someone whose power was carefully concealed both mentally and physically. However, she smiled again.

"Message taken though. Rest assured Siobhan wouldn't have called me if she thought I'd kark up. This process is incredibly difficult, but very simple. Your mind and your memoris are more than the grey matter in your skull. Or a flash a drive. Your spirit, your Sciia, show the mark of an alien presence. Finding what Velok left behind in your mind is simple, disentangling it without snapping something is not easy. However, this will not be painful for you personally. I will put you into a deep sleep, and when you awake it will be flushed out. Since I imagine you're more comfortable with her than with a stranger, Siobhan will help. I shall guide her hand."

Mia Monroe

M
Mia raised an eyebrow at Siobhan's sharp response, but did pursue it, partly because shse did not want to argue with her, secondly because Chesna's piped up with snark and Mia gave her a hard look. If her brain leaked out of her ears, it mean she was dead, and if she was dead she would come back and then filet Chesna. She felt however, under Siobhan's glare, this was perhaps not the best response, so it was with great difficulty she restrained herself.

She nodded once, letting her eyes fall down to her hands, interested for a moment in her nails. "Will you see everything?" she asked finally looking up at Siobhan. She trusted Siobhan, immensely, but what Mia had seen and done would hurt her even more if she witnessed it from Mia's perspective. Besides, there were certain memories tied around Velok's that were explicitly for her and Rel.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Yes, I will." Siobhan said seriously, meeting Mia's gaze. There was a probably thoroughly unnecessary pause before she continued. "But I will see everything at once. So in actual terms I will only be able to process very little. Like watching a holovid in fast forward." Sounded like that would induce a bad headache.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia's eyes narrowed at the pause, knowing full well that Siobhan was winding her up. She just hoped whatever Siobhan was able to process was the less incriminating or personal things. She drew in a deep breath and closed her eyes, exhaling slowly.

"Alright, lets get it over and done with." she moved back to the couch and sat down, least then when Chesna did put her to sleep, she'd have less distance to fall.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Welcome to Awkward City. Present population: Three inhabitants.

In all fairness Siobhan did not want get a front view of Mia's personal affairs either. That would be...awkward on many levels. Regardless, the couch Mia was sitting on was quite comfortable. There were nice embroidered cushions on it. Perfect place to take a nap on.

Anyhow, Siobhan gave Chesna a nod. Pulling at the tangled web of power that was the Force, the primeval Eldorai moved her lips. At first it was a whisper, but it soon grew into a chant. The incantation was in ancient Eldarai. As the mentalist touched her mind, Mia would feel a weariness overcome her. Gradually, she would probably find it more difficult to resist the pull of Morpheus and doze off. Whether she'd have sweet dreams - or any dreams at all - is beyond the ability of this one to determine. Siobhan's own dreams tended to be more than a little bizarre.

Mia Monroe

M
The dream, for the most part, was the same as it had been for months. Since before Manda'yaim's destruction, a dream that she could not decipher and had stopped trying to. She stood alone on a mountain top, a great green valley stretched out before her, dark clouds rolling in from the east, thunder rumbling its inevitable arrival. A breeze rustled clothes and hair and she felt someone come to stand next to her.

This was normal. She knew, before she even looked at him, that Velok, tall and silent as ever, was at her side. "I wonder if you'll go with the memories. Or if you'll be here always, standing next to me and watching the storm get closer." He never spoke, why would he, he wasn't even an echo of the Sith Lord, he was something her mind had constructed to deal with...well, everything, really.

Lightening skittered across the dark clouds, illuminating the forest beneath, giving light and shape to unseen enemies. Mia crouched, elbows resting on her knees, hands clasped. "I though this storm was the burning of Manda'yaim, but I was wrong..." she tilted her head, thoughtful. "Or maybe I wasn't, perhaps it was. Perhaps the storm keeps coming, until it consumes me."

An icy breeze shifted across them again, giving life to the still Velok as it stirred the fur that clung to his fading frame. Dirt crunched under a boot on her other side and the hairs on Mia's neck stood on end a shiver of fear and uncertainty rippling through her. She stood slowly, unsure of this new addition. Last time, it had been Ember Rekali, and he'd thrown her off the mountain top. She turned slowly, and felt her breath catch in her throat.

Rel Connory stood before her, his eyes void of the light she'd first known him for. They were cold and hard, their entwining lives had done that to him. Had taken the light from the man who'd loved her so deeply, and who she had thrown back again and again. She wasn't all at fault though, he'd done much the same to her. She took a step towards him, but a large hand closed about her upper arm. She swung her eyes round to find Velok's face close to hers, eyes blazing. He didn't speak, but the message was clear.

He wasn't letting her go without a fight.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

This was not the first time Siobhan had taken a trip through another's mind. But the circumstances had been different. More to the point, every person's mind was different. The best analogy Siobhan could come up with as she slipped into Mia's mind was a storm tide.

It certainly fit with how she felt when the tornado of memories swept towards her, threatening to blow her away or bury her beneath them. On the bright side, this meant she would not be able to process much of anything that Mia might be uncomfortable with her seeing.

Chesna was her guide, helping her navigate the storm and guide her hand as she went about their task. Through ethereal eyes, Velok was like a serpent coiled around Mia's mind and soul. He would not give way easily. So they began to prune.

Then Siobhan's mind suddenly reeled. She could not discern what for a dream Mia was having, but she could guess it was nothing good. Especially given the strong resistance they were meeting whilst slowly but surely exorcising Velok's presence with ethereal scalpels.

"You felt it, too?"

"Mia needs my help. Carry on. You know what to do.

"Sio, wait." It was probably not rocket science to figure out that Sio did not wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom