Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's been a long time, my old friend.

Mia Monroe

M
The Liberty's Veil reverted into realspace above Tygara, its sleek angled nose turning towards Ashira's Light. Reversion alarms trilled through the ship, forcing Mia out of her sleep. She lay still for a long moment, assessing her surrounding, assuring herself she was safe before rolling from her bunk and dressing.

Heavy boots echoed off the corridor walls as she made her way to the ships epicenter where the controls lay. She flicked the auto-pilot off and bringing the ship out of stealth, taking the controls in hand and guiding the ship into the station. She'd contemplated sending a message ahead, pre-warn an old friend of her arrival, but contemplating it was as far as she had gotten.

The fall of the clans had taken longer to reach her then she had anticipated, she'd have come sooner if she could have. She might have even tried hard to reach out to Rel Connory, but he had slipped from the radar as deeply as she had. She hoped, in time, she'd make her presence known enough to draw him out. First, she needed somewhere to stay.

She locked down the Veil, checked the stations directory and caught a speeder over to Siobhan's homestead. Eyes constantly moving over others in the station, looking for familiar or unfamiliar faces that might be a threat. It didn't matter how unlikely it was, old habits died hard. And she was no longer looking after herself alone. She rang the buzzer, standing sidewards to the door, preventing any surprises that might come from behind.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

A few moments after Mia rang the bell, the door to the elegantly furnished suite was opened. A very pretty, black skinned woman with more curves than a scenic highway and a shapely face opened the door. Her name was Harmony and she was one of Lady Kerrigan's assistants. In more ways than one.

She looked a bit surprised when she saw Monroe. "Ms Monroe? Mia...Lady Kerrigan thought you were dead! Does she know you're here? Never mind, she's at home. I imagine you want to see her," the Dahomian looked a little flustered, as if she'd just run into a ghost.

"Word of warning, she will be very cross with you," Harmony cautioned the former Mand'alor, for she knew her Lady's moods well. There was a note of reproach in her tone. Admittedly the attendant was terrible at looking stern, but nonetheless. "She was very hurt by you vanishing without calling her."

Mia Monroe

M
Mia followed Dahomian inside eyes flicking over the decor with a slight smile. Ever the extravagant. Her smile faltered at Harmony's words of warning, though utterly unaffected by her stern gaze.

"I'd have thought she'd be used to it by now." She muttered. "Don't worry, I'm well prepared, it's not my first time coming back from the dead. Don't tell her it's me when you fetch her. I'd rather she didn't have something ready to throw at me."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Harmony rolled her eyes. "I hope you two don't demolish the place. There are children here," she pointed out. "She'll be cross because she cares," she added, giving the Liberator a pat on the shoulder, "even though you do your best to push people away." Having said her piece, she turned around. She had a very nice butt. "Lady Mistress, there's a visitor for you in the reception," she called as she went to fetch her boss.

It took a bit, then the Lady herself emerged. How long had been since Mia had last seen her? Before the Kaeshana Exodus. A great deal had happened. There had been victories, but also setbacks and outright defeats. Personal successes and tragedies.

Siobhan had acquired a few more scars in the interim. Her limp was more pronounced, despite her best attempts to hide it. She wore her red hair long and was beautifully dressed as usual. "Mia?!" she exclaimed when she beheld her visitor. "What the hell? I thought you died on Mandalore! You just ran off!"

"Lady Mistress," Harmony tried to interject to calm her boss down, but Siobhan was not having any of it.

"Again! Not a word, no message, nothing! Did it never enter your mind that I might be worried?!" Finally, she gave Mia a smack.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia scowled at Harmony's retreating back. There's was a good reason she pushed people away, it was for there sake more than her own. She was ready for the whirlwind, limp or no limp, scars or no scars, Siobhan was a terror to behold when she was angry.

"Siobhan..." she said weakly, Harmony's efforts to calm her down falling on deaf ears. The redhead advanced, all her anger was behind the hand that struck across Mia's cheek, cutting the inside into her teeth. She foot tooth and claw against the instinct to hit her back. Hand touched the raw skin and she drew back again. That would be the only free hit Siobhan would get.

"Go, Harmony. I've got this." she warned the curvy woman, before turning her eyes back onto Siobhan. "First of all, don't hit me. Secondly, I had a damn good reason for not contacting anyone!"

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Harmony quickly hastened away. She loved her mistress - and her money! - but sometimes wished she could be a bit less...temperamental. Hopefully the roof would remain intact. "I'll go see to the kids," she said as she vacated the scene.

Realising that they were making a lot of noise, Siobhan made a gesture and the door closed behind Mia. There was a deep scowl on her face as her eyes focused on Mia. There was anger written across her attractive yet scarred features, but also strong, profound hurt. "I bet. Care to explain what that reason was, sis?!"

Mia Monroe

M
Mia let out a heavy sigh, still staying out of arm's reach.

"Ijaat Mereel did not act alone." She let the words hang in the air for a moment, she expected guilt to wash over her. He had paid the highest price for his crimes and she had let him. But she felt nothing, no remorse, not for his death or for any of the others. It had been a necessary move. "I had to be sure the coast was clear, I couldn't risk the mandalorians knowing what I'd done. What I'd convinced him to do."

Ijaat Mereel did not act alone, these words were like the stab of an icy knife to the gut. Truth be told, Ijaat meant very little to Siobhan. He made nice weapons, but she'd never met the man. Mia, on the other hand, meant something to her. Or had, at any rate.

Siobhan stared at the woman. Her cold, piercing eyes narrowed. "Why, Mia, why? What could possibly possess you to do such a thing? Spent too much time listening to Velok?" she spoke softly, intently.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Mia Monroe

M
The softness in Siobhan's voice did not make Mia feel better. In fact she had preferred it when she'd been shouting. She had given anything to go back to that. Then she slipped that name in the mix of it all.

She blinked. "I did what was necessary for the long term survival of my people. And yes, it's quite possible that walking round with the memories of a Sith can somewhat alter your perception of the value of life when you are looking atvthe greater picture. Millions die everyday in war and that was a war against the rot that had infested the clans. The mandalorians will be reborn, and they will be far greater than before."

She took a step forward, bringing herself back within arms reach. "I don't want forgiveness, nor do I expect you to understand. What I need, now more tha ever Siobhan, is my sister."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

It was easy to give into her anger and shout and yell. That would have probably also been easier for Mia to deal with. If someone shouted at you, your natural reaction was to push back. Siobhan did not give her that luxury.

"You need your sister. Until you decide the 'big picture' demands you turn on me, too?" she asked rhetorically. Paranoid? Quite possibly, though Siobhan was increasingly leaning towards paranoia since post-Kaeshana.

"They were your people. How on earth did you think that would help them? Look at the Mandalorians. They're more broken, weak and in the grip of the Sith than ever. You did not cut out the rot, you strengthened it. You did not punish the guilty, you butchered scores of innocent. You could've taken the reins of power and purged those corrupting the Mandalorians. I would've helped you. Or, hell, just blow up the clowns on the council. But not this."

Not once did she raise her voice while she spoke. She retained the same soft, intense tone in her voice. She was not just angry she was disappointed and horrified. It would be easier if she did not consider Mia family, but she did.

She had long realised that family can hurt you the most. Very briefly, her thoughts drifted to Natoline. The brave, spirited girl had succumbed to madness, and Siobhan had been powerless to stop it. She'd failed as a mother, perhaps she'd failed as a sister as well. But she'd tried.

Her Force Senses prickled. "You're pregnant." The irony was tremendous.

Mia Monroe

M
Her words were like a battering ram, mowing down the mantra she had uttered over and over again It was necessary. . She'd taken on so much of his callous nature, that even if Siobhan's word undid her reasoning she could not bring herself to truly care. She could not feel regret nor pain.

Those last three syllables, shook Mia to her core. She'd not heard them said out loud before and hearing them, made her more terrified than she'd ever been before. Give her a horde of a thousand revenge seeking mandalorians over motherhood anyway of the week.

She closed her eyes, swaying dangerously on the spot. Tears leaked from behind her lashes and she opened them again, a desperate plea in her visage.

"Help me." She choked.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"It's scary, isn't it? Being responsible for a little one. It's something you cannot run from. You're terrified. You should be. Imagine your kid being blown to bits before it gets to say its first word because someone thought it was acceptable damage. Or it finding out what its mother did." Not once did she raise her voice, but it remained firm.

"Rel's the father, isn't he? I imagine you haven't had a medical checkup yet. If the Mandalorians come gunning for you, I cannot protect you. I will not let you drag my family down." There was a pause. No matter what she did, she would be betraying one of her principles. It would be easier if she was made of stone and did not care, yet she did.

"But I will help you. Under one condition." Totally not trying to build suspense.

Mia Monroe

M
The thought of losing the child to a catastrophe like she had caused wasn't half as terrifying as what the child might end up like. She wasn't exactly mother material and Rel was no better. "Yes, he is. And he's gone. I don't know where. Maybe he'll come back, maybe he won't. I don't know." She wiped the test from her face, forcing herself back into the facade she wore so well. Unfeeling, uncaring. A soldier.

"I don't need protecting, never have, never will. I promise you that if they get wind of me being here I'll go. What's the condition?"

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Velok's memories must go. They twisted you. You don't want your child to turn out the same, right? Chesna and I can painlessly and safely erase them from your mind." The talking Warthog's knowledge had been both a gift and a curse. It had probably enabled Mia return from the dead after she was slain on Coruscant. But it had also corrupted her.

In the end, Mia had made the choice to set Mandalore ablaze. She had done so of her own free will. Would she have also done it without carrying the memories of a Sith Lord in her head? It was too late to find out either way. Removing his memories was no magic wand. It would not suddenly turn her back. But it was necessary to Siobhan. She did not want to look into her sister's eyes and see the mirror of the monster she'd fought on Metalorn.

Mia Monroe

M
Mia blinked.

Lose Velok's memories? Lose the knowledge she had gained from them? She owed her life to those memories. In factor truth be told, she owed a great deal of her strength to more than just one Sith. But Velok's memories had made her.

"Velok's memories are the reason I was able to come back, Siobhan. His knowledge has..." She stopped. Had what? Strengthened her? Yes it had. But at what cost? She shook her head. Not at Siobhan but at herself, all these things she had thought, seemed alien spoken aloud.

Maybe it was time to let go. "Can you give me time?"

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Siobhan stepped aside and pointed to the elegantly furnished living room. There were fancy couches and artworks. A massive transparisteel window offered a magnificient view of the planet below. She seldom went planetside these days.

"I can give you an hour to decide. I'm not demanding this to weaken you, but because I love you as a sister. Think of the price you paid. Think of your kid," she said. Her tone was soft, but resolute and unyielding. "I already lost you once because of a Sith."

Mia Monroe

M
Siobhan had also had her back because of a sith, but Mia felt like this was a poor time to point this fact out to her. With a curt nod of her head she went where she was directed, glancing round unseeing at Siobhan's endlessly lavish taste in furnishings. Her feet took her to the transparisteel window that granted her a view of the Tygara.

She'd never been a great one to handle emotional problems, preferring to handle things wit logic and the impassioned manner of the soldier she was. More often than not, emotions clouded things, especially now. Now when everything was illogical and ridiculously complex. Perhaps she should have simply rid herself of the child when sh'd first found out, she remember considering it and looking back, at the time she couldn't work out why she didn't. Now however she knew. This was about clinging on to something she'd lost. Even before the burning of Manda'yaim, Rel had been distant, unable to cope with her continuous inability to function like a normal person.

Or so she assumed.

Logic told her that losing Velok's knowledge was a potential mistake. There were still plenty of circumstances that may present themselves where his knowledge would become of use. She began to pace across the view, brow creased in thought. Could she pinpoint those situations? Not really. Could she pinpoint any situation where her own knowledge wouldn't be of use? Not especially, but then what was hers and what was Velok's? The line had become dangerously blurred and people had suffered because of it. So was she holding on to them now because she was afraid of what she'd be left with?

The stopped her mid way through her steps and she looked up. "Huh." she mused aloud. "I never thought I'd be afraid to loose a Sith."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

To a degree, Siobhan was being a hypocrite. After all, she'd learned from Sith. Not by being appropriated as a flash drive by a Sith Lord with a tendency to come back from the dead, but the case still stood. She'd been forged in battle against them and had appropriated many of their techniques. She had not parted with the holocron of Xerexes, the monstrous father of Elpsis.

Perhaps it was easier for Siobhan to pin at least some of the blame for Mia's actions on the disembodied memories of a long-dead Whiphid. Perhaps she simply could not fully trust Mia while a Sith's memories ghosted around in her mind. Not after Mandalore. Family was not supposed to hurt, but it had hurt her many times. Mia was not one for heart-to-hearts, and for a change Siobhan actually appreciated that.

"For the record, I defeated the Sith in question once," Siobhan commented. Yes, Sio, we know. Didn't stop him from raiding Jedi and Sith archives later. She limped towards the massive window, clearly favouring one leg over the other. Her breathing was a little strained. "So, your kid. Is it gonna be a boy or a girl?" The dice knows.

Mia Monroe

M
"Yes, I know." she said giving her sister a sidelong glance over her shoulder and tapping her head. "I remember it."

Arms folded across her chest as she stared out at the blue hued Tygara, chewing the inside of her cheek in thought. She'd gotten a lot of information down on data slates in the early days, splitting it between locations, people and other things of interest. It'd been one of the first things she'd done with Rel after leaving the role of Mand'alor. A better way to manage and understand things so she wouldn't be entirely without them...and then there was the mind spear locked in a chest with the blood of her original form. Hidden from all.

Her insurance plan. Even if she agreed to this now, she could still retrieve the memories later if it was necessary. She looked round slowly as Siobhan asked her about the baby. "I don't know, and nor do I want to. Bad enough as it is without me having to worry about the details."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Fair enough. It's your kid," Siobhan replied, shrugging. She was not inclined to play psychologist. "My life's been swell. Went to war against fascist, imperialist aggressors. That didn't go well for me, though I got to pull an SD down with some help and Kaine ran away from me. Proceeded to execute a duchess in front of the Eldorai noble council for stabbing me in the back and to teach the pompous harpies a lesson. On the positive side, I'm still married and Galina's less terrified of space travel," she said flippantly in a dry tone. That was one way to sum up the last couple years. She made no mention of her health issues. Or her own bad luck with some of her children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom