Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's A Jungle Out There (TSA Tournament: Krest vs Selene)

krestvsselene_zpsdlv0kskx.png
| [member="Krest"] | [member="Selene"] |​
Haruun Kal, Al'har System

A world where the jungle was at least as dangerous as those that inhabited it, Haruun Kal was not known to be a pleasant place. Wild, untameable, there was little about it that spoke of warmth or comfort. Every breath was another spent trying to survive: to live with the jungle, a constant war that never truly ended. You could not defeat the Jungle: you might only batter it into a temporary submission, but it would always come back for another round. Though there were some areas of civilisation, it was not a planet that gave itself to modern life: rather, it took such things and made them another enemy, something more that had to be fought.

Technology itself struggled to function: the fungi in the air was corrosive. No weapon untreated with portaak amber would find itself active for long, malfunctioning dangerously, or ceasing to work entirely. Such had ensured that the population was forced to seek other means of survival: hard work and sheer tenacity in the war against the Jungle. But there were dangers beyond the things that could not be seen: ferocious Akk Dogs, communicating to each other through the Force; Vine Cats that would hunt in packs and pounce on unsuspecting prey; Fever Wasps that would inject a person, their eggs hatching within the victim's brain, leaving them agonised and delusional until they finally died. The plants might grasp at you, slowly squeezing the life from your veins and gourging on your blood. Brassvine Thorns might stab at you, sharper than any surgeon's scalpel.

On Haruun Kal, the entire planet was your enemy.

Those convicted of crimes by the natives faced Tan Pel'trokal: Jungle Justice, where they might be sent into the depths of the jungle, away from civilisation and the safety of the herd, with nothing but the clothes on their back. No weapons, no technology, nothing but their wits and the will to survive. If terror did not kill them, if the Jungle did not corrode their very selves, and if the numerous dangers did not force them to succumb, perhaps survival was a possibility.

These were the terms of the duel. Both set down on the planet, both equipped with only the clothes on their back - armour permitted, though such was as much a danger as an advantage - each required to survive as best they might. Their enemies were certainly each other, but not that alone: the Jungle stirred, and would have its fill of blood before the end. Only one when had finally submitted to the other, through death or cowardly surrender, would the battle be over. If neither survived, so be it.

Those were the terms of the Jungle.

You've got to be kidding me.

The ramp opened to reveal the lush jungle world of.. What was it called? Haruun Kal? Great. In his line of work, with his cybernetics, it was important to know what worlds simply wouldn't do for him. This planet was one of the big ones. As he stepped off the shuttle dressed in thin clothing meant to keep his body breathing in this moist heat, he could already feel the whole reason he wanted to avoid this place taking effect.

Acid eating at his arm.

It wasn't too drastic that his arm was melting away before his eyes, but the sizzling sound coming from the exposed metal wasn't something he could just ignore. And sadly, he didn't know too much about the jungle world before him. What he did know was that his opponent would be dropped off close enough to hunt, and that upon their defeat he would be able to get off world before his arm melted.

What he didn't know, was who it was he was to kill.

Or if he'd find them. As he stepped through the thick underbrush he immediately became aware of something else already hunting him. The Force whispered in his ears not a present threat, but the same whispers the beasts behind him were sending to one another. Hunters, primal, and force sensitive. He kept on his pace, never looking behind him to the growing pack of dogs following him, their jaws dripping with saliva.

They wanted to eat him, but why did he get the feeling they weren't the only ones?

[member="Selene"] [member="Tirdarius"]

Dropped off in a shuttle, I knew this punishment was to test those who had felt pain before. This planet was damaging. This planet could be considered hell. Or at least until you perished.

I was not allowed to carry any of my coveted weapons. Why? Well because they would either malfunction, or be eaten away by the toxic atmosphere. However, I was still quite armed. My vong biots were not really technology. They were bodily functions that I could do. Much like breathing, or eating. It was here that I knew it might give me an advantage over the other person. I knew I would be fighting someone who was just as much, or even more powerful than myself. If we were stuck to hand to hand combat, then I would have a slight advantage.

I prepared myself for who I may feast upon today. Maybe, just maybe I could take a bite or two out of them as they still breathed. Oh would that be delectable.

Walking off of the craft, I stepped into the forest. Knowing that this planet was as deadly as the person I may face. Creatures here could kill me just as easily as breathing. It was in their nature. But it was mine as well.

I had killed to survive, to eat, and to continue. I would not be stopped here. My skin felt itchy as I walked on. Only wearing a pair of pants, and a tank top. I couldn't wear my black kama due to the plants tugging on it, and I didn't need to wear fine silk on a planet like this. Rubbing my arms, I looked behind me as the ship left. Rising up, I could feel the eyes of many on me already.

Animals moved through the trees, and creep along the ground. Looking to where this being may be, I moved onward.

[member="Krest"], [member="Tirdarius"],

Akk Dogs.

The Zabrak could see them out of the corner of his eye now. The hounds of this jungle world have been following him for some time now, waiting to strike. But, they were smart. They could feel him just as much as he could they, and they were afraid. Fear kept them from attacking the lone man, which didn't bother Krest too much. When they attacked, if they did, he was more than prepared. Though, perhaps it would be best if he struck first.

So he stopped to stare over his shoulder to them. They had stopped themselves and bared their fangs, ready to pounce. Blue eyes turned red as the Zabrak gazed to each of them. Four in total, with an alpha at the lead. The Alpha stood a good foot taller than the rest, it's head low as if ready to charge. He was strong in appearance. Perhaps.. Krest smiled wide as he stared at the beast.

He rushed forward, bringing his around his hands to grasp the two on the farther side. They squealed in pain as the Force crushed down around their chests, breaking ribs in a mere moment. They slammed into the third right behind the alpha, and a final yelp came from the beast as it too broke. The three now broken dogs laid behind the alpha, whimpering in pain.

The Zabrak had reached the Alpha by this point, but he would not harm him. Instead, his hands reached out and the Force would slam into him, forcing him from his legs to his stomach.

"You will serve me."

[member="Selene"] [member="Tirdarius"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom