Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It lies below

It was hard to find ruins that hadn't been picked clean these days, specifically ruins related to use of the force. It had taken a while, using connections and contacts. Eventually, Edaline found a lead. Though, of all places. this ruin was on the sandball known as tatooine. Edaline hated tatooine, but they loved treasure and the idea of a chance at regaining what they lost even more. Thus, they would deal with the copious amounts of sand. For now. These ruins tended to be dangerous places, and Edaline was not as powerful as they once were. Luckily, a few fish bit the job hook they threw out. When they accepted the job, Edaline set up a meeting point on Tatooine, the good old Mos Isley cantina. It's where everyone tended to meet, most likely because it was the only place on the planet to have passable food. Just passable though. Edaline had definitely eaten better in the glory days.

As usual, the cantina was full, yet weirdly empty in a way. Full of whispered voices and plotting minds originating from those who sit in those darkened booths at the edge of the building's inside. Spacers and moisture farmers alike are at the counter, idly chatting about their relatively mundane lives. Amongst them, server droids scuttle about, handing out drinks and meals, speaking in their robotic voices and beeps.

Amongst it all was Edaline, sitting in one of the booths in the corner of the room, fingers idly curled around the mug of whiskey they had been given. Hopefully those they had found for the job would show up. Otherwise this expedition wouldn't go well. Long treks in the desert alone weren't exactly wise, They sip from the mug, eyes drifting about the room, observing the crowd. Mostly aliens today, though that suited the mikkian just fine. Humans and the sheer amount of them got annoying amongst the sith empire, specifically with how superior they always seemed to believe themselves to be in comparison to aliens. The mikkian was able to sense better than most in the bar, those tendrils atop their head swaying about, taking in all the information. Sound, light, vibrations. Nothint went unnoticed. It's why no one ever snuck up on the mikkian.

The mikkian themselves were dressed for a desert voyage, dressed lighter than usual. A simple short sleeved dark brown crop top that shows off their stomach, with a light brown denim jacket and a pair of light brown skinny cargo pants that are tucked into a pair of dark brown leather boots. A satchel was slung over their shoulder. Edaline leans back in their seat with a sigh, waiting for their current job partners to arrive.

Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Tenebra Erys Tenebra Erys

What did god need with a treasure hunt? Amusement, of course.

Tenebra Erys was the embodiment of grace, the vessel of knowledge, and the harbinger of death - and life - and death.

A little stroll through the dusty ruins of Tattooine in a place some dared call a city -- even outpost would be a stretch -- had her in a radiant mood. Then again, the pale woman with bright eyes always seemed strangely cheerful. Today was especially delightful, however. She had a little excursion planned, and there were so many new faces for her to mentally map out a wide array of ways she could kill each and every one of them. Some slow. Some fast. All quite dead.

Why? Because she could, of course.

Could people tell such dark thoughts occupied her mind as she stepped into the cantina? Surely her wide smile and energetic gaze only promised the gentlest, most wholesome of interactions. The thought they might find her enthusiasm 'excessive' and 'frightening' never occurred to her. Never did. Never would. Tenebra was, after all, the sanest person in the galaxy.

"Liquor." Tenebra dropped credits atop the bar as she drew up along side it. Her yellow eyes swung to latch onto those of the bartender. "I have a discerning tongue. Your finest only. You wouldn't want to see me disappointed." A soft giggle danced behind her lips as the drink was poured. Yes, watered down drink would be a poor way to start the adventure; she'd be forced to make sure such a travesty was never done again in this fine, rotten establishment.

Drink in hand, she turn in place until her eyes found Edaline in one of the booths. Tenebra stood there a moment enjoying the first drink before she started toward the booth.

What a curious species the Mikkian were. Under different circumstances the Doctor would happily dissect such a person to better understand them. Perhaps later. There was always later.

"You're not drinking alone, are you? I hate drinking alone. So boring. Why don't I share this table with you," Tenebra invited herself to sit, "and we can discuss how to make today memorable together?"

Tag:
Edaline Black Edaline Black | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Entering the Cantina Diocletian shook off the sand that had accumulated on his clothing and helmet, which leaves several small piles at his feet. Mos Isley Cantina hasn't changed much, although there are more bloodstains than usual, not that that surprised him, no, it is the sheer amount of patrons milling around. Some of which he had encountered at different Space Ports during his travels across the Outer Rim. Most encounters end in bloodshed. Occasionally they don't.

It looked like the place is going through a revival. The last time he was here, the place was very much dead, well, barely clinging on. Diocletian shoved his way to the bar, using his elbows to move those who were not quick enough out of the way. A few disgruntled protests erupted here and there as he finally reached the bar. The barkeep rolled his eyes and shook his head, but said nothing, why say anything at all.

The Ubese paid for a strong drink well, that's what Cantinas are for, that and to meet up with clients or partners in whatever shady business they have planned. Since Droids were allowed in, the turnover was a lot better than what it was. Centuries ago, they were deeply unwelcome.

There wasn't a Human in sight, good, he never liked them. They were like sand, irritating. Not to mention they are absolutely everywhere, he can't go anywhere without seeing a crowd of them blocking exits, entrances and the streets if they were being particularly bothersome.

Two Duros were fighting over some drinks and boundaries until suddenly, a glass goes flying across the room as the darker one stomped off and out the door.

Several Weequays were playing an intense game of Sabacc in the corner. From what he can see from where he was standing, no one seems to be winning.

Diocletian admitted to himself that he missed the sheer randomness of the place. There is a discreet air of bubbling tenseness that stretches and yet, never breaks. At least, not until something really kicks off. Eventually, something does and he'll certainly get his hands bloody in the resulting fight.

Now then, back to business, he was supposed to meet someone here, a Mikkian named Edaline. They had a job for him. Something about ruins of some kind which had piqued his interest. So much so that he had responded to the advertisement and agreed to meet them here.

At last, he spotted Edaline in one of the booths and walked over, elbowing a Zeltron out of the way. He made sure to avoid the Gen'Dai. Even he is not stupid enough to try to shove one out of the way. Once he reached the Booth, he sat down, not bothering to ask.

<"Now, what's this about ruins?"> He asks, getting straight to the point of why they are here.

Their blue eyes instantly follow the girl who enters. It was hard not to notice them. They walked with a grace that few had on this planet. Though the most eye catching thing was those distinctive golden eyes. Not because of the color, no. Edaline had spent their whole life amongst sith, even been one for a good while. The being before them was not a sith, this much they could tell, but being around sith teaches one to sense certain things without the force. One of those things is crazy, and the pale skinned female she was watching had it in droves within those eyes. Edaline found themselves internally pleading that the crazy lass not make her way over. Sadly, the universe was not a kind place. Before they knew it, the crazy was sitting before them.

"If my source is right, it'll be memorable whether we discuss it or not." Edaline responds, taking a sip of their drink. "I take it you're here for the job? Name's Edaline. Go ahead and tell me about yourself while we wait on our other team member to get here." They gesture for Tenebris to begin speaking. Crazies usually had inflated egos, so Edaline figured the best move was to get the girl talking about herself, and pick up some info along the way. It always paid to know info on people. Something that might be of interest to Erys, Edaline has no presence in the force, whatsover. Almost as if they were dead.

Edaline's head tendrils instantly lean in the direction of a glass shattering, and they raise a brow slightly. "Hmph. We should probably go. Hope our third gets here soon. I suppose we'll get some entertainment in the meantime." It's then that someone spoke up, causing them to instantly turn their gaze to the new arrival. They put a finger over their lips before whispering to Diocletian. "Listen here. We'll talk outside. Away from here. Ruins contain things that could get us competition. I do NOT want competition. Got that?" With that, they speak at normal volume once again, looking between the two. "Now, both of you introduce yourselves and drink your fill. We have a long trip through the sand ahead of us, so if you need to stock up on last minute supplies, do it now."

Tenebra Erys Tenebra Erys Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Tenebra smiled as the ever so curious creature spoke. Yes talking about things wouldn't get them any richer or change what wealth did or did not exist in the ruins, but it did convey valuable information and entertainment. Of course, she could just devour this cute little devil and pick their mind that way, only... The pale woman leaned in closer to Edaline. Bright, unblinking eyes sought to penetrate beyond the flesh for a few seconds. Well, this one wouldn't make for an appetizer let alone a meal. Now that was frustrating. Such creatures often perished without providing her any enduring company if she tried draining them. So discussing vital matters became all the more important -- to Tenebra, anyway.

"Me?" The pale sat back up straight again giving Edaline their personal space back. "I'm Doctor Tenebra Erys. Galaxy-renown for my analytic skills and way with a scalpel. You'd be surprised what solid biological information can prove useful exploring old tombs. Not to mention patching up all those wounds from tripping over an ancient trap." Edaline wasn't wrong to think Erys would regale them with all sorts of information. Though she wasn't a dysfunctional psychotic woman. Secrets had a way of not making it past her lips unless she wanted them to. More importantly, not everything she said was necessarily true. Not because Tenebra didn't occupy the same level of reality as everyone else, but because she enjoyed screwing with people.

Well, 'enjoyed' was overstating it.

"Go?" Tenebra blinked with a slight fall to her smile and an arch of her brow. Why should they go? Was the glass breaking some sort of covert signal? It was a mystery, because Erys wasn't the least bit concerned about a brawl possibly breaking out or someone coming back with a repeater.

The pale woman watched and listened as Edaline greeted their new friend. How thoughtful, they'd hired someone to snack on if she got peckish. Would she? Maybe. Could she? Almost certainly. Just knowing it was an option brightened her smile. "Doctor Tenebra Erys. Exobiologist. Exobotanist. If it lives, I can tell you about it. If you live, I can heal you. Isn't that grand?"

Tag:
Edaline Black Edaline Black Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Moments seem to pass at a snail's pace as the remaining Duros sits back down, if his friend wants to not act his age then that's on him. Soon a Rodian takes the vacant seat and they quickly began to make small talk.

The patrons doubled in number outside their small bubble as it is nearing the peak time for boozing. Diocletian hated it when it got crowded because it meant Patron Jams, that's when no one can move in any direction and is stuck for ages as it slowly clears.

Everything went back into a tense calm, which made it even more likely something is going to burst the uneasy calm. The Gen'Dai moved to a booth as to not block the way for other patrons. The Weequays were still playing in the corner. Still, no one seems to be winning. This means tempers are beginning to frazzle out. Stalemate sometimes equals a fistfight over cheating accusations. It is usually when things get interesting and messy.

Back at their table, Diocletian held his hands up at that. Competition is often good it keeps it interesting. But, seeing as this was now between the three of them, and the Mikkan wanted to keep it that way, he said no more about it. While he was seated he kept tabs on what's going on around him and on his two new partners, a healthy bit of paranoid wariness is normal.

He never actually thought it necessary to talk about himself all that much. But seeing as this mission requires some form of cohesion he'll give out the basics.

<"Diocletian Kahmen’’a, Assasin and Bounty Hunter, want a job done? I'm your man."> He says, conveniently leaving out information that he feels they shouldn't know about him, particularly what he does outside his contract work. It keeps things simple and uncomplicated.

He took a quick swig of his drink, apparently, they still haven't removed that vile aftertaste. It tasted like metal and cough syrup all mashed together. It could easily be because of that brawl yesterday and he's still tasting blood from that. Either way, he continued to drink it as he needed to drink something as he went without a drink while he made the flight to Tatooine.

<"Yes very grand,"> he answers, giving Enrys a wary side-eye, which no one can see with his helmet in the way.

Edaline, seeming to not fear the being before them, did not lean back as Tenebra invaded their personal space simply arching a brow instead. They weren't going to say it, but they knew this look. This expression of confusion. A force user finding something the force did not exist inside of. At least, that's what Edaline guessed. They had to admit, not being able to be sensed by force users was quite the advantage to have in regards to being force dead. But it paled in comparison to the feeling of lightning leaving one's fingertips. Finally, the odd being decided to move back to her own seat, and Edaline lets out a sigh. "So we have a doctor. Good to know. It's a pleasure to have you here on the expedition." They grin, showing off those sharp rows of teeth.

They nod in affirmation. "yes, go. Bar brawls are nice, but we're on a timeframe and getting into a braw would throw us off track." Edaline was far from cowardly. They could likely take any of the drunks in this bar with ease. It was just that time was of the essence.

Those blue eyes now focus on Diocletian, and they rub their chin thoughtfully. "Hm, are you experienced in delving through old ruins? Or am I the only one who has such experience? I know how old traps are made. I can identify them decently, but having more than one opinion is always nice. One misstep is enough to end up dead after all."

Now that the two have introduced eachother, they introduce themselves to Diocletian. "Name's Edaline. I'm a merchant...of sorts." They shrug. "I don't deal in typical junk. Now..." They stand up. "Since it seems we're ready, shall we get going?" They question, slinging the satchel of supplies over their shoulder. They gesture for the other two to follow as they make their way towards the exit. Best to flee before the crowding gets too intense.

Tenebra Erys Tenebra Erys Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Tenebra reached up to lightly cradle her face in one hand as her yellow eyes stared at Edaline. After a moment the pale woman shrugged with a soft chuckle. "I wouldn't be so concerned about a brawl. I'll make sure you get out in one piece and on time." She didn't bother to elaborate on how or why. Neither did Erys make an effort to changing their mind. If it was time to go, it was time to go. She could respect someone that held firm to their decisions.

So, at Eladine's prompting, she stood from the seat she'd claimed. Better places to be. She'd been in a cantina before. Nice play for a snack, but the meals were always out in the wilderness. "Are we all riding in the same vehicle? Mine's parked outside. I can grab my things on the way." Some of her gear wasn't appropriate for such a fine and outstanding establishment as this drunk house. Well, it was appropriate, but it drew so much attention that Edaline wouldn't have appreciated.

There was one, last thing a woman of her moral character had to do as they left, however. Nothing important. A trifle, as they said, but wouldn't Tenebra be remiss not to set things in motion? As she strode toward the exit with her eyes forward, the Lady of Grace simply lifted her hand and with the slightest of shoves to a man's lower back sent them spilling a drink onto undoubtedly some stranger. Someone that didn't appreciate their new wet and cold existence. Tenebra's smile widened, but no sound issued from her lips. The beginnings of a sweet symphony left in her wake just brought a little extra peace to her galaxy.

As for her gear, well Tenebra did have a medical pack full of all kinds of salves, bandages, and vials of fluorescent substances. What would draw attention though was the BAW-63 Heavy Rotary Blaster Cannon that was retrieved out of the trunk of the vehicle she'd borrowed from a local. All perfectly legal. The vehicle that was. Not the murder that precipitated its acquisition. Oh, details. With the cannon shouldered, Tenebra smiled at her companions. "Ready when you are, boys."

Tag:
Edaline Black Edaline Black Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Diocletian also rose from his seat, as the meet and greet had essentially ended, well mostly. As for supplies, he had what he carried with him along with any weapons, because one cannot survive the Galaxy without them. He did have a heavy Carbine stored on his new ship, his old starfighter was stolen on a Bounty mission. He never found the toerag who pilfered it. Oh well, The Hornet was cramped and only held a small number of supplies in it. So in a way, the thief did him a favour. An infuriating favour he might add with a flash of annoyance.

Diocletian considered Edaline's question thoughtfully, he's been to ruins before, but that was quite a while ago, a Bounty ran into some and he had to go in and get them out. An arrow in the thigh was not fun, in fact, it ruined his day and a perfectly good pair of Shata leather pants and left a scarred hole in his leg and his Bounty with an arrow through her skull. He did get paid though.

<"Yes, a few years back on a hunt, only sprung one of the traps there, avoided the rest."> He shrugged as he followed them out, he ducked as the tense calm of the Cantina go up in an explosion of booze, glass and fists. He caught a stray glass and placed it on the table closest to him and ducked a chair flying in from his left.

A table suddenly careened overhead and nailed the Gen'Dai right in the back of his head. Diocletian quickened his pace as all seven hells broke loose. Well, he did have to threaten someone with his Scimitar when they refused to let him leave the establishment, this was that Rodian's lucky day as the Ubese declined to remove the other man's head from his shoulders.

<"Vampire is nearby, it could be an effective transport to get us to our destination unless we are going there by foot?" He offers helpfully. It had room for a few people to ride in. But it is up to Edaline to decide how they are going to get there.

Sounds like someone's just died, judging by the wet crunching noises emanating out the door of the Cantina.

"I'm the only tomb explorer on this crew. Noted." They state. Edaline would have to babysit them when it came to traps, it seems. Which was fine, not everyone was a master of environment traps. These two would be useful in the event of other things. Ancient droid guardians, looters, anything that shoot and fights back. The mikkian could fight, but they were nothing like what they used to be. Not to mention they preferred not to make use of their lightsaber. When using that. peopled tended to start thinking one was more than just a run of the mill merchant, which was something Edaline didn't want.

As they made it outside, Edaline responds to Tenebra's query. "I rented three speeders. They look kinda rugged, but they'll get the job done. We don't want to drive around anything fancy. Having people think we've got money is the last thing we want on this sandball." They state. Ancient ruins could be dangerous enough. Bandits on top of that would be annoying as all hell. Edaline takes out a cigarette of some sort as they turn a corner. By the time the other two turn the corner, the Mikkian is leaning on a standard issue galactic empire speeder, the strange cigarette lit between their teeth. The smoke is green, so whatever herb it is, it isn't a deathstick. The speeder Edaline is leaning on is one of three. "Go on. Get on." Lifting up a leg, they place themselves on the speeder seat and press a button to start the ignition.

Once the others are on their speeders, Edaline speaks up over the roar of the engines. "Southwest! Follow me." They state as they start the speeder straight into a drift that turns it around before it blasts off through town, leaving a sand trail behind it in the air as the mikkian shreds the Tatooine desert below them.

You know the best thing about Diocletian and Edaline? Yes, the audience existing outside this plane of the galaxy whom Tenebra knew intimately -- you. Well, the best thing was they didn't complain. Not a word about the little sea of chaos they left behind egged on by an innocent bump. More of a shove, really, but only just. Obviously these sentients were of high society to appreciate such art.

Though the good Doctor did turn to regard their helmet friend. "Vampire? I do hope you'll tell me all about 'Vampire.'" It was such a nice word. Like Sanguine. Not that you'd find Tenebra nibbling on someone's neck like in a fairy tale! No such ridiculousness to be found here. Now, there might be a little empirical siphoning of the life-generating and sustaining Force energy that 'bound the universe together,' but that was entirely scientific in nature. Besides, Tenebra enjoyed the company of the souls she collected. Provided her a little company on otherwise long and silent roads.

The expedition's lead was a little less colorful in describing their transportation. Not their fault. Hard to compare anything to a valiant steed called 'Vampire.' Chariot of Woe was a mouthful by comparison. Vampire was like a haiku -- short, sweet, and conveyed so much more than should normally be possible.

"You seem to be adverse to confrontation," Tenebra observed aloud. "It isn't healthy. Look at all the blood being spilled throughout the galaxy -- a healthy soul needs to rend their enemies limb from limb... from time to time." A quiet chuckle rumbled within the pale woman. Let bandits think they were wealth -- they could use a few playthings on the road.

Despite the utilitarian nature of their means of transportation, however, the Doctor mounted one of the speeders as prompted. You could only provide a patient their medicine, you couldn't make them take it. Well, obviously that wasn't true. Not if you followed your patient until they recognized it was far, far better if they followed your advice. They lived longer. Might even see the next dawn.

Tag: Edaline Black Edaline Black | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

The fighting spilt out behind them like a cascade, well, the explosion was there Tenebra only had to press the button to set it all into the explosion of violence and fists. This was actually a good thing as the tension had up until that point been slowly wearing thin. He liked her, well as much as he could like someone.

<"Later, now is not the time."> Diocletian replied to Tenebra, his tone flat. He's like this to everyone.

It seemed like they were indeed not going to use a ship for this venture, which is logical considering where they were and who rocks up planetside on the regular, all kinds of villainy, himself included. A shuttle would indeed stick out and make it easy for someone to follow their movements and trajectory.

Many beings would want to be in on the action if they knew exactly where the three of them were going. Which means precious time would be wasted dealing with the unwelcomed guests. He'll probably enjoy the resulting violence anyway regardless of who started it.

That's why he took up Bounty Hunting in the first place so that he can both earn his way through the Galaxy and indulge his violent streak simultaneously without much reproach or revulsion.

Diocletian had taken the third and final Speeder which is rather spartan in appearance but, the Ubese didn't mind one bit, he is used to going bare-bones on hunts. Which meant less hassle. The vehicle burst into life as he switched the engine on, the guttural sound filling the air. Diocletian revved it slightly before he too sped off through town, not really caring if he ran someone over or not, it is after all not his problem if someone got hurt.

Soon the whole chasing of Jawas lost its appeal and Diocletian returned to the main path through and out of the town and into the desert, the vast empty desert where no one lives apart from the aforementioned Jawas and the territorially bloodthirsty Tusken Raiders. Hopefully, they won't run into them or walk into an ambush as those can get messy very, very quickly.

Edaline grew up in a galaxy of chaos and madness, hell, they used to run a business of causing chaos and madness. A simple barfight was like simple white noise to them. They did not care if those idiots within caved eachother's skulls in. They had more interesting things to deal with. Edaline was nowhere near as interested in this 'vampire' as Tenebra was. Edaline hated that word. With a passion. They lost everything to that word, and they were still trying to get it all back.

The mikkian cackles slightly when Tenebra brings up a fear of confrontation. "The time will come for confrontation and blood spill. Lots of it. Someday." they say cryptically as they get onto their speeder. Hopefully these two would be alright. They needed the help, and the meatshields if push came to shove. The mikkian was far from the glorious warrior they used to be.

Speeders always annoyed the mikkian. They messed with their sensative tentacles something fierce. the wind literally making what they use for ears flap around in the wind. It was like dealing with a concussion grenade when first starting up the vehicle, and it took a little bit to get used to. At least the goggles they put on kept sand out of their eyes so they could properly see.

It's about thirty minutes until Edaline suddenly stops in the middle of open desert, the speeder drifting a bit in the sand as it slows down. They slide off of the speeder, head tendrils rapidly stretching and squiggling about to recover from flapping in the wind for such an extended period. They wet the tip of their finger with their tongue, and proceed to hold it up in the air, feeling the wind's angle. "Mhm....yep." They look to the other two as they get off their bikes. "We're here. Just...give me a minute..."

They take a few steps, holding their hands out to form a frame as if observing a certain angle at the sky, one eye shut for maximum accuracy. Out of nowhere, they stop and crouch to the ground. They reach into the sand, brushing it aside until a small grey stone hole is revealed under their hand. Edaline pulls some sort of rhombus shaped stone out of the ground, and shoves it into the hole. The moment they do that, the ground begins to shake as the ground in front of them begins to start descending downwards, opening an ancient passages as stone ruins sink downwards, each stopping at a certain point to form perfect stairs ascending down into an abyss. The mikkian smirks. "First try. Damn I'm good."

As amusing as running over Jawas could be, Tenebra didn't engage in the sport herself along side Diocletian. Just because she was eccentric didn't mean everyone that fell under her gaze needed to die. Not all at once anyway, and not by running them over. Jawas were travel-sized meals, and they were so plentiful where they were needed most on Tatooine -- in the middle of nowhere.

Regarding their generous lead's remarks about spilling blood, that was just Good News. A pleasant surprise to find the creature had plans of some kind. One should always have a plan. Even if that plan was to betray Tenebra, stab her in the heart, and leave her to die. Just because it was a bad plan didn't make it any less worthy of someone holding it close to their heart. Without any direction at all a soul just wasted away. The most delicious of people were the kind full of potential being realized. The ones news lamented about being 'cut short in their prime.' Exquisite.

Tenebra found the ride into the wilderness about as enjoyable as Edaline. For different reasons. It was a barren, dead world tantamount to a living hell. Despite the existence of Jawa and Sand People, this planet was a terrible place for an Energy Vampire. A thriving ecosystem was far more enjoyable. It was just a certain 'feeling' one got surrounded by so much life. A Jedi or Sith would probably prattle on about their mystic energy field -- The Force. Whatever it was called, Tenebra enjoyed basking in it. And this desert planet's "aura" was about as invigorating as its hellscape.

While the trip was short, Tenebra was grateful it was over so she could occupy herself with new sights and knowledge. Provided this entire endeavor wasn't a complete waste of time -- which only meant she'd drain her companions dry to make up for the loss. The first sight was their lead taking a holo-film approach to studying the barren rock. They must have been looking for the right geographic features to pinpoint where they needed to stand. Somehow that image had fallen into their possession.

"Well, now that no one's around, perhaps you could fill us in on what you're looking for?"
Tenebra asked as the entrance to the dungeon were made known. An entertaining sight, but an analytical mind needed information not spectacle. At least they knew Edaline hadn't made the entire thing up, now. Maybe some of it, but not all of it.

Tag: Edaline Black Edaline Black | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

<"Feh."> The Ubese grumbled inaudibly under his breath as the sea of sand zoomed by in a monotonous precession.

To Diocletian, many things could be deemed more interesting than the endless sea of sandy nothing, Dentistry, watching paint dry, listening to a monotone clock all day, or watching flies gather on some dead animal. But sand is just that sand, and there is an infuriatingly large amount of it. No matter, it can be brushed away soon enough. There is also the curious case of the Ruins, what exactly will they find in the vast expanse of nothing? He had wondered if some Tusken Raiders are lurking out there, waiting for an ambush. There would probably be a few and they are well hidden.

Judging by his HUD display the temperature increased a few notches. This won't be a huge problem, as he is used to working in different environments harsh and tame. But still, no one liked sand, no one liked it getting into places it really did not belong in. The last time he took a job here he found the stuff colonising the inside of his helmet.

Diocletian had wondered how would that be possible, it was sealed tight. But alas, it was sand, and it gets into anywhere. He by this point got pretty sick of seeing it zoom by in clumps and dunes.

Then after a short, while they stopped. Their journey ends here, but he knew that it's only beginning because it wouldn't be much of an adventure if it ended with a sudden abruptness. The Ubese figured it wasn't as the Mikkan knew what they were doing at least that is what it looked like. Diocletian got off his vehicle and shouldered both his rifle and cantine of water, both essential for missions such as this one. He watched as Edaline stepped forward a few meters before crouching down, they are on to something.

They did say they were an expert and he certainly knew nothing about ruins except their traps hurt when set off, that and not to be careless while doing anything dangerous. He feared very little and lived for Chaos and bloodshed. He peered down at the newly formed entrance, eyebrow raised in suspicious curiosity. The hole is dark, foreboding and equally enticing. But first, he needed some answers that he couldn't get at the Cantina.

<"So now we are here and the entrance is open, mind telling what it is that you couldn't tell us earlier?"> He asks Edaline, tone light and conversational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom