Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Iscariot | Armor of Cairyn Midore

Status
Not open for further replies.
O R B A L I S K
b4f23dd22a78facd2ac33503bc8915a1.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A personal armor for Cairyn Midore.
  • Image Source: Original art by Sui Ishida, particular version of the image here
  • Canon Link: Orbalisk Armor
  • Restricted Missions: Here
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Cairyn Midore
  • Model: Mk. I
  • Affiliation: Personal
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Orbalisk
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: 10 kilograms
  • Resistances:
Blasters: Moderate
Kinetic: Moderate
Lightsabers: Extreme

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Defensive resistances, adrenaline boost, menacing silhouette.
STRENGTHS
  • +5 Armor Class: Orbalisks are excessively resilient creatures that can withstand a myriad of weaponry with ease.
  • Overdrive: Orbalisks possess the ability to pump adrenaline directly into the bodies of their host. Should the user manage to exert control over the parasites, this ability can be utilized as a boon to their combat effectiveness. The flood of adrenaline can increase their reflexes, dull pain receptors, and push them to keep fighting despite injury.
WEAKNESSES
  • Overdose: However, careless application of adrenaline to the body can and will cause excessive damage to the body. In particular, heart attack, stroke, or sudden death are the most common results of oversaturation.
  • Stealth: Orbalisks are very noticeable, both at a glance and through the Force.
  • Electricity: Excessive amounts of electricity can prove fatal to an Orbalisk.
  • Toxin: In the event that an Orbalisk is killed, it injects a deadly toxin into the host that can kill them in mere days.
  • Spread: Unless donned with additional forms of protection (i.e. helmet/gauntlets) the Orbalisks will eventually spread and overtake the host's body completely.
DESCRIPTION

On one fateful day, a young man invited beasts upon flesh.

The Orbalisk infestation occurring upon Cairyn Midore is a voluntary state of being. In the pursuit of strength were the Dxun-native parasites allowed to occupy the overwhelming majority of his body. From thenceforth, the creatures feed upon the Dark Side within him - but offer a symbiotic relationship in return. Their bodies are near indestructible and provide exceptional protection against the blades of lightsabers or blaster bolts. What's more, they possess the ability to pump adrenaline into the veins of the young man; thereby increasing his combat effectiveness.

However, as with all infestations, there are nasty downsides.

Should any of the Orbalisks fall victim to electricity - one of the few things that can prove fatal - they will attempt to take their host with them. A toxin is directly injected into the body upon their demise, which will kill the host unless grievous healing is provided. What's more, the boon that they offer can also cause an untimely demise. An overdose of adrenaline into the body can cause heart attacks, stroke, or outright death. Yet, these are all consequences that the Gamemaster is more than willing to face.

For his madness knows no bounds.

D I S C L A I M E R

As Cairyn Midore (unfortunately) is not Darth Bane, utilizing Orbalisk Armor to become an "unstoppable force" as described on Wookiepedia does not, and will not, apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom