Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is This Our Farewell? [Kära Vi'dreya / Darth Kyros]

Jedi Temple
Coruscant

Upon hearing the news that his friend was leaving the Jedi, Thurion was heartbroken; his life was plagued with people abandoning him or becoming casualties to fate. His parents, his brother, and now one of his closest friends. Part of him believed he had wronged her in some manner, since he was the one person she would spend her time with, mostly. Was it something he'd said, or done? It perplexed him greatly, yet even more so it made him become disgusted with himself. What if he was the reason people would leave him? This thought often collided with the fact that Kitty and Asha were still with him, and showed no signs of leaving or discomfort around him - quite the opposite. He wanted nothing more than ask his friend why she had to leave, yet he could not bring himself to do so; he believed in and trusted her to do what she thought she had to do, as all true friends should. But that said, he kept wanting to keep her with him - to have her all to himself - and such thoughts disgusted him. The world was not a perfect place, he of all people would know that by now, yet because of all that has happened he believed himself to be worthy of some sort of respite from the hard facts of life; that few things ever turn out the way you meant them to, or wished them to.

There was still time. Tomorrow she would be gone, probably before he could wake up to see her off. With that in mind, he had arranged for their last time together. One last meeting before she would be gone forever, hopefully to last them both until the end of their days. Master Asha had allowed him access to the gardens in which he had first demonstrated his gifts in the Force under the guiding hand of his master. He was bringing with him a picnic basket filled to the brim with various foods, fruits, and of course, his beloved blue milk. The tiny child wandered solemnly through the huge hallways leading to the room Kära had been given during her stay, or imprisonment depending on who you ask. Stopping to make sure he'd packed everything he needed, he made a weak knock onto her door, as he did not wish for her to be awakened should she be asleep, still. If she were, he would remain outside her quarters until she'd awoken. "Kära...?" he whispered through the tiny crack between door and frame, his small fingers clutching the handle of the basket he'd brought with him.

OOC: This is a past RP. All events and characters within this thread have taken place in the past, some 10 years ago.

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

Stark white walls stared back at the child who sat perched on the edge of a study bed, a simple set of faded grey robes upon her lap and a blood red crystal wrapped within, all that remained of her former life, the hardships she had faced, and the destination she knew she would inevitably end up within once more. She had asserted to Syn and Thurion that it was not her intention to return to the Sith, and while that was true she also knew that fate had a way of messing with her; the Force had its own plans for her, and she knew that they had to be followed through… At least until she was strong enough pave her own path. In that regard she hadn’t told a lie, in fact she had been the most honest she had ever been by admitting to them that she could not remain. It had broken Thurion’s heart, she saw, and she had disappointed Syn, but what else could she do? Lie to herself for the rest of her life?

With a heavy sigh she looked up to the sound of knocking. Settling the robes and the crystal down to one side she rose up from the bed and pattered across to the door, unlocking it manually. “Thurion?” she whispered through the miniature crack she had allowed, before the door opened fully upon seeing him sat out there. Her eyes darted left and right down the corridor before she gestured him in, wary that more Jedi would come to convince her to stay, or worse. Lowering her gaze to the floor she waited for him to enter before closing and locking the door. She had dark rings under her eyes, and her fatigue was obvious. Walking across to the bed she slumped back down upon it before picking the robes and crystal back up and settling them back to her lap, gesturing for him to join her.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Looking up to his side at Kära's face peeking through the now open door, a slight smile made its way to him, almost on reflex. Her pale, skinny frame made her seem so cold and unfeeling, far from the truth in Thurion's eyes; she was a person with emotions and thoughts, and she trusted him enough to show them. She was his friend. She might have been Sith once, but he knew better. The world was not black and white, light and dark; she was proof of that, proof that there are no defined heroes or villains, but only different opinions and outlooks on life, hence the conflict going on between the Jedi and the Sith. Neither could deem themself right over the other, because they both were in their own eyes. All these thoughts went on inside him as he rose to his feet as she bid him to enter the room. At first he followed her immidiately, like a dog on a leash, before realising he'd left the basket of food out in the corridor, thus poking his head out to hastily bring it with him into the room as well. She gestured for him to join her on her bed, where she was sat with a set of ashen robes in her lap. Were those the robes given to her before coming here? They looked like it, what with the torn and worn nature they possessed.

Settling the large basket down onto the floor at the foot of the bed, he crossed his legs once sitting comfortably by her side. He looked at her distant face, weary and lifeless, and proceeded to subconciously examine her features; her icy blue eyes, her cute button nose and delicate lips, all contributing to her inward beauty. She would not deem herself such, but Thurion had a way of knowing a person just from looking at them, and she was just as beautiful a person as anyone else he'd known. Reaching for her hand, he carefully grasped it and felt it warming up to his touch. "You're always so cold, Kära. Were you raised on Hoth, or what?" His clumsy attempt at a joke made him blush slightly while making a somewhat goofy grin. He did not wish for their last time together to be one of sadness and regret, but of hope and happiness. He could tell she was in no mood for jokes, however, and instead wrapped an arm around her and brought her close, allowing her to rest her head against his shoulder should she wish to. "I was thinking, that we could do something special for today. Master Asha has allowed us to visit a very special place that I hold very dear, and I'd like to show it to you." His thumb caressed the back of her hand as he held it within his, all while his other hand was gently stroking her white hair. They were of the same age, yet she remained much smaller in overall size, making her look like a younger sister in the care of her older brother. Such thoughts would always make him think of Thyrian...

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

Why was he here? – That was a stupid question to think, of course she knew why. Her departure was imminent, and even with the little feral child he had she knew he would not find it easy to let her go. His reaction within the meeting room had shown his attachment and affection. Part of the girl was grateful that Syn was nowhere to be found, and yet at the same time… At the same time she wanted a true farewell from him too. But she was too tired to seek him out, too worn out and worn down. Settling the robes to the bed she was about to curl up, trusting Thurion enough to do so, but he did not give her chance. Instead she found herself pulled into his embrace, one of the rare moments in her life where such happened, where someone cared enough to do so. Her head nestled into his shoulder, and she breathed a soft sigh. “I’m sorry” she whispered, unable to find any joy or humour in his joke. “I’m sorry I’m leaving, I’m sorry” she said again, unable to get over the knowledge herself. But she could not remain here. It was not her place. It never would be. After a few moments she settled down, her head resting against his leg, enjoying the feeling of his hand within her hair.

Where do you wish to go?” she whispered, “and am I even allowed to roam the Temple anymore?” she wasn’t certain how the rest of the Jedi had taken her decision to leave – she knew many had failed to trust her from the beginning, how would they feel? She wanted to go with Thurion to wherever he had planned, but she doubted she even had the strength enough to do so. Maybe it would be good for her to get out of her room for a while…

When his dearest friend apologised for what she was about to do, Thurion could only do what his heart commanded him to do in that situation. As she put her head down to rest in his lap, the boy gently caressed her hair, wrapping his fingers through her white strands, as pure as snow. "It's okay, my Snowflake. It's okay." One might argue that it was a lie, for everything was not okay. Thurion wished she would change her mind, but he would not make her do so himself. He respected and cared for her too much to blame her for following her heart, something he liked to think he held true to himself. He leaned in to kiss her cheek. "You're allowed to because I say so. If anyone says otherwise, they'll have to go through me first!" he proudly proclaimed, as silly as it might seem to anyone listening to the eight-year-old, but it was true. "When I was new to this place, Master Asha took me to this beautiful garden-place. We played hide-and-seek, and I stubbed my toe, and I climbed a tree, and I save a bird's egg from falling to the ground, and I... hit my toe in the fountain. I hurt alot. But now I'm better!" The more he talked about the gardens he got more and more excited, and he couldn't wait to show Kära the wonderful colours and scents the place offered. He was practically bouncing on the bed.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

She reached up a hand to wipe at her eyes. His words were funny but even they could not bring a smile to the little girl's face. "Are... Are you sure?" she asked, with a trembling voice. Slowly she sat upright, and looked across to him. Her eyes were wide with amazement; wherever it was, it sounded lovely! "I... I'd like to visit there" she admitted, reaching out to grab one of the blankets from the side of the bed. Wrapping them around her shivering form she made to stand up, turning her gaze back to Thurion. "I don't want you in trouble..." she confessed. "Will your Master mind you taking me there?"

"Oh, she won't mind, Kära. Come on..." he replied while gently grabbing her delicate hand with his own and leading her out the room. The large picnic basket stood where he had left it and so he whisked it up from the floor as they made their way through the corridor and down the main staircase towards the entrance of the temple. The sun beamed brightly atop the sky as the two little ones stepped outside, with young Thurion leading the way with a steady pace while of course making sure his friend kept up with him. "It's not much further now, Kära. It's just around the next corner." The area was all but void of people, making the tiny pitter patter of their little feet the only sound. Once they reached the corner, the two children now stood before a large gate made up of metal bars. It was not locked, but the fact that it was shut gave Thurion the impression that nobody was inside at the moment, meaning they would have the whole place to themselves. Stepping inside, the two would find themselves amidst a lush garden full of chirping birds and running creeks, creating a feast for the eyes as well as the ears. "Look, Kära! This is where I first learnt to see using the Force. I stubbed my toe at this exact- Ow!" He was rudely interrupted by him hitting the very same toe against the solid stone fountain. He did his best to cover up the fact, however.

@[member="Lady Kyros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom