Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is The Dark Side Stronger?

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
mg4Ak68.jpg

AVALONIA
Dosuun, First Order Space

Once a world belonging to the Republic, Dosuun was now in the hands of a stronger, more fearsome power – the First Order. Risen from the ashes of the Galactic Empire, continuing a legacy laid by the fearsome Emperor Sheev Palpatine and Sith Lord Darth Vader himself, the First Order and the mysterious Knights Of Ren held everything in the palm of their hand – power, fear and ruthlessness.

Stephanie Swail was in uncertain territory, and she was going to be frowned upon for even stepping foot off the transport ship into the capital city of Avalonia. But, she wasn’t here as a Jedi – she wasn’t even a Jedi at all. She was here to see for herself what the First Order were really like and what forces they had.

The city was sprawling, and in parts it reminded her of Coruscant. Tall buildings, deep spaceports, low-flying ships and bustling streets. Flags flew, speeders zipped by and white armoured Stormtroopers marches their route, standing on guard outside certain buildings and making sure their inimitable unified fighting force was nothing but intimidating.

Stephanie, with her shield strapped to her back and satchel over her shoulder, walked the route from the spaceport and out into the main plaza.

Her dark hair was tied back and her clothing – a loose fitting tan top, shawl and a flowing cream-coloured skirt – was as neutral as they come. Strappy sandals protected her feet, and wisps of hair blew from behind her ears as she looked around, nodding to herself and feeling like a little fish in a very big, dangerous pond.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

tumblr_nd3tuldXCd1qa4gi0o2_1280.jpg
Avalonia, Dosuun
Kyrel Ren overlooked the city from atop his apartment on one of the cities sprawling skyscrapers. Things had changed much since the First Order arrived so many years ago. Once there was only a few buildings with the sick, poor, and desperate everywhere. Now there was peace, prosperity, and security to the world that was once a world belonging to the Imperial Remnant centuries ago. Now skyscrapers were everywhere, First Order Flags reigned through the surrounding area, and the people did not have to worry about crime, disease, nor even poverty. It was truly a time to be an Imperial especially after the recent victories on Kaeshana and Mustafar in the war against the Galactic Alliance and their misguided Jedi, and thus far both battles that the dark side enforcer of the Supreme Leader had fought in.

But somehow Kyrel did not always feel at ease. His transition to Darth Vader's armor was successful thanks to the help of Moff Teigra. But still Kyrel could still feel the aura of sadness, self loathing, and hatred that was still ever so prevalent within the armor. "Is this what Vader felt?" He thought to himself questionably. He had doubts about the armor even though it was the thing he desired most, something that was able to sate his obsession with the former Dark Lord, but than he shook it off letting the aura of Vader's emotions fuel the power of the dark side, still he couldn't have asked for anything less, He was the heir to Vader's Legacy and so that would do.

He looked out to the spaceport, the hud of his helmet getting every reading of his surroundings, he studied it closely, and than felt a force signature. He couldn't tell if it was light or dark, but he watched intently into the horizon, the rasp of the suit the only sound being made. He walked out of the apartment, and within twenty minutes took a transport there to investigate this signature that he had felt.

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Stephanie Swail

Where to even start.

Stephanie had no objective in mind. She wasn’t here to spy, loot or pillage or any of that nonsense. She was here as an innocent traveller wanting to understand. Understand a group that had risen from the ashes of one of the most feared, most ruthless and most dangerous Empires in galactic history.

Her eyes looked to the horizon, seeing large destroyers moving off into orbit. They looked tiny from here, but she could only imagine the monstrous size of them up close. Tightening her fingers around the strap of her satchel, she walked on, hair and skirt blowing gently as she did.

There was always the niggling feeling she was being watched, and it probably didn’t help she carried a shield bearing old New Republic colours. That should have been a factor to take into consideration, but she didn’t hide it, and it was probably a strange sightseeing this woman wandering around carrying a shield.

After all, it had caused a little fuss on Commenor.

Stephanie turned and looked up to the skyscrapers surrounding her current location. She didn’t know what she was looking for, but something was there. It niggled her.

She carried on walking, deciding to get close to the nearest First Order building adorned with black and red flags.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

The Ren that was clad in the shell of one of the most fearsome Dark Lords of all time, was determined to hunt down the signature that had attracted his presence. All that could be heard as the speeder rolled by was the rasp of his breathing, that came from the air pump and ventilator to help with his damaged lungs. He did not care as he was only concerned with the new comer. He than quickly came to a halt at the space port, and so walked out, the intimidating figure of the armor made everyone stare in a mixture of awe, confusion and fear. He approached the customs official as he spoke with a commanding baritone getting close to him to make him uncomfortable. "You there... Did you notice anyone strange step off." The officer gulped before answering in a fearful reply, as if the wrong answer would kill him at this very moment. "Y-Yes Sir. I had recently cleared a young woman with a most strange shield on her back. She went that way." He pointed his index finger at one of the building adorning a Imperial flag of the First Order. Kyrel nodded as he stepped back, and walked away, as the customs officer nearly passed out.

Kyrel quickened his haste towards the building that he was directed to, he thought to himself cautiously. 'Is this a Jedi, a Sith. Who exactly is this girl?' He thought as he carefully stepped along the pavement, he had grown accustomed to the pain his Life Support Suit carried, but this one was different as it carried a tremendous dark side aura, and it felt like he could feel the emotions of the former dark lord himself within the suit, it was both exhilarating and haunting just the same. No matter the galaxy would fear the armor with a different wearer to carry on the legacy that is Darth Vader no matter what. As he stepped inside he saw the girl a few feet from him, his breathing already notifying her of his arrival. He said in a deep baritone. "I wouldn't take another step if I were you, now who are you?" He asked pointing his index finger at her, his anger nothing but a mere simmer that was slowly rising, as he was determined to get the answers he needed one way or the other.

Stephanie Swail

Looking up at the billowing flags that seemed to mean so much to so many, Stephanie felt nauseous all of a sudden. Like a pit had opened in her gut, and under her feet. She went light-headed, and had to look back down. Blinking, she felt warm all of a sudden and heard something…a noise…a machine….?

The Dark Side was swarming – the Dark Side was near.

She stumbled a little, as if the floor was wobbling, and turned to face a figure out of her studies. A figure that was no longer real.

The Sith Lord Darth Vader.

The twisted face-plate, the black robes, the armour – the…the Dark Side was playing tricks on her mind. The Sith were full of figures who lived on in the hearts and minds of others for generations, and the Sith Lord Darth Vader of the Galactic Empire was one, and it was clear now this image had come to haunt Stephanie in the nexus of a world supported by Dark Side followers.

She found it hard to swallow as she looked at the imposing Dark Lord feet from her, blocking the way back into the fresh air.

"Leave…leave me alone..." she gasped, holding her chest,"…I can’t breathe…"

She moved forward, aiming to get past this menace, this inhumane vision and get into the light, in more ways than one.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

He looked at her unfazed by the act that she was putting on, he had wanted to know who this girl was, and he would get the answers that he desired. He looked at her and said. "What's the matter girl?" He said through the familiar vocabulater that was within the armor giving his damaged vocal chords a deep, intimidating, cold metallic baritone. The constant sound of the rasp of his breathing was heard, as he placed a gloved hand on the girl not allowing her to pass and for safe measure added pressure of his cybernetic grip to her. The people stopped and looked at him. He said to the people gathering around. "Imperial Business, nothing of concern here." He said waiting what would happen with this girl, as he mentally laughed finding it funny that she found him to be Darth Vader himself, of if she only knew who was really behind the armor.

Stephanie Swail

As the imposing figure prevented her from passing and touched her, Stephanie’s reflexes kicked in as he made light of the situation to those watching. She had done nothing wrong – she was not to be made out to be some laughing stock for the First Order!

Her hand came up to pull back on his, and she ducked and span under to twist his arm with a push into his ribs, something to throw the balance and to help give her a few seconds.

"Leave me alone!"

She gasped and ran forward into the outside light. The warmth hit her as she leapt down the stone stairs to the pavement below, two at a time.

She was not going to be intimidated, or bullied, by a vision of the past.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

He sighed through the rasp of his breathing as he walked forward, he thought to himself 'This girl is being quite irritating' He said walking forward, the pain still prevalent in his suit with each step, but such things did not matter to him. He followed her out rather quickly then she left, and so slowly approached from behind, his armor weave cape flowing with the breeze. His rasp was the only sound made for a moment as he watched, her and then approached placing a gloved hand on her shoulder. "You think of me as some Spector girl, I assure you I am no such thing. Now tell me who are you now or do I have to force you?" He said coldly with a hint of a threat with what he had said, eager to get answers.

Stephanie Swail

As she flattered with a strong hand on her shoulder, she knotted her brow and felt…anger at the bullying tactics of this Dark Sider. So he wasn’t a vision? He was a fanatic. She span around to face the black-clad terror.

"My name is Stephanie Swail and I will not be bullied by you, the First Order or any Dark Side fanatic such as YOU."

She shrugged off his gloved hand.

"I am causing no harm and doing nothing wrong being here – so you think twice before touching me again." She squared up to him. "And just who do you think you are, trying to replicate a figure from the past. That’s nothing but obsessive and dangerous."

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom