Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Iron Giant's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: The Intent for this armor is to build an adaptable piece of equipment for the Resu Mercenary/Pilot, Iron Giant.
Manufacturer: Iron Giant with South Systems Syndicate technical help
Model: Quad-layered Resu power armor
Affiliation: Iron Giant
Modularity: No (Swim layer: Ranged weapon, Speed layer:
Production: Unique
Material: Mostly durasteel, and a bunch of electronics.
Description: Iron Giant's life support suit is more than an out-of water suit, as she is a Mercenary now, and as such requires more than the basic atmospheric suit she had been utilizing before becoming affiliated with the South Systems Syndicate. This means that depending on the situation, she needed a different suit. These suits included four classes: Swim, Speed, Firepower, and Flight. These suits though are not separate, each layer only adds to the previous one. They flawlessly connect together. The Swim class inside the Speed class, while that layer is inside the Firepower class, and the Flight class envelopes them all in one.

Swim Layer
Classification: Made for when swimming is necessary
Weight: 20 Kilograms
Quality: Grade 3
Other Features(s): Seeming as the subsequent classes have no effective way of swimming, Iron Giant is forced to wear constantly a mesh that offers little protection, but allows her to breathe in foreign water, which has a lack of life supporting hydrogen. Thus, she has the customary battle Tusks of her people, modified around her mouth with a rebreather, and a tank of hydrogen to use for breathing. In addition, around her body is weak armor, but it is sharpened all around and to a point at the tail, in order for her to utilize her whole body as a weapon.

Key weaknesses: It's armor rating is very weak, and because of this any damage taken to the suit has a high probability of causing injury and damaging equipment. It possesses no ranged weaponry to speak of, and none can really be applied. It is however modifiable should a gun be needed, but it comes at the expense of extra weight that can slow her down. Also, because of the low armor rating, the tanks of hydrogen that allow her to breathe in foreign waters can be easily exploited by an intelligent enemy.

Speed Layer
Classification: Made for allowing more speedily travel on land.
Weight: Additional 100 kilograms
Quality: Class 6
Other Feature(s): The Speed layer is the second lightest of the four, and is to be considered a relaxed state. Though its armor is doubly as thick as normal power armor, it is comparatively lighter than the other classes within this segmented suit. It possesses hydraulics to move, and the subsequent layers improve upon this. For weaponry, it holds only a basic blaster rifle, and whatever else it can grab to utilize in a fight. It has advanced Hydraulics in order to allow hasty travel across land.

Key weaknesses: Though it is named the 'speed' layer, it doesn't actually allow her to move much faster than a human sprint, and although this isn’t necessarily a weakness it is partially a misnomer. In addition to the name confusion, a weakness it has is a lack of modularity, beyond allowing the previous modifying of the Swim layer to be applicable in the introduction of the next layer (as in, holding the gun added on the previous layer). Additionally, it requires a fairly heavy battery pack that can be exploited by an intelligent enemy. If this is taken out, there is an emergency battery the powers only mobility for an additional 20 minutes after losing power; this though possess significant dangers to a fish out of water. Lastly, as mentioned from the layer previous, the hydrogen distilled water tanks are susceptible to attack that would be lethal should it be lost.

Firepower Layer
Classification: Made for holding multiple weapons at once.
Weight: Additional 100 kilograms
Quality: Class 8
Other Feature(s): The Firepower Layer adds a significant amount of weight to the Speed layer, though still lighter than the Flight layer. This layer is when Iron Giant means real business. This massive hulk is about three times thicker than the Speed layer, and possess three modules for weaponization on each arm, which may include rocket launchers, miniguns, grenade launchers, and various other options. The right arm is already an auto-canon. It also requires more Hydraulics to move. It has the advantage of being modifiable in the weapon systems.

Key weaknesses: In the firepower layer, other weakness's that were concerns before are now less of a worry with such a high armor rating, easily protecting the Hydrogen distilled water tanks from most attacks, and protecting the battery more effectively. However, at this rate the total weight of the suit significantly weighs down Iron Giant to a crawl, despite the fire power capabilities. Also, weak joints in the armor can be exploited more easily due to the low speed.

The Flight Layer
Classification: Grants flight and extra firepower
Weight: Additional 200 Kilograms
Quality: Class 10
Other Feature(s): The Flight layer pretty much exceeds the line between personal armor and personal vehicle, as this massive layer descends from the sky and wraps around the Firepower layer, like the second layer does for the first. When in the flight layer, many more attacks are completely defended against through superior armor plating, and the fire power is increased with the greater area in which to weaponize. It utilizes the six modules assumingly already installed on the firepower layer, along with 6 more modules under the wings, as well as a radar system. To fly, it utilizes repulsor thrusters as well as jets for faster speed when not in stationary relaxed flight above ground.

Key Weaknesses: Because this is a flight model, the most obvious weakness to this layer would be its flying mechanism, as in the thrusters that allow it to fly. Also, the battery for this fairly vehicular armor is gigantic, almost dwarfing the others. Though it is well protected, this layer is far more susceptible to electrical attack, as it goes beyond and exceeds the electrical capacity the Resu can produce, thus above the point electrical components can fail. Additionally, high explosive weapons can damage this layer far more easily than an ordinary vehicle, and due to its size it has a high probability of being able to be target locked. Finally, though it has the advantage of larger tanks for storing Hydrogen distilled water, it also makes them bigger and easier to be targeted and damaged.

Roleplay: Fish Hell

So your character is going to be dragging around 420 kilograms worth of suit..? Good luck, you won't be any better off than me I suppose. (I'm a Hutt)

Well the fish is already 100 Kilograms, and all the variants include hydraulics in order to create movement. It's all powered. Also, the Flight layer is.... well, flying. Thus weight doesn't matter as much. It's less than a 1000 pounds.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I've been guilty of this as well, but I'd like to see a clear assessment of the weaknesses of each stage of the armor. At this point it looks like you're trying to stack layers of awesome.

What I was about to say. Labeling weaknesses for your suit will probably get you a better chance of having it approved. :)
Your character might have layers of awesome,... but mine has layers of fat! XD

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing how this project develops.

One thing that Spencer had me do for one of my proposals -- and I think this makes a lot of sense -- is to do an RP that involves researching and creating the thing, before it goes for approval. Of course, it needs to have some kind of actual plot and such, or it'll feel like wasted effort if it gets rejected.

I'm going to change this to 'Work in Progress', pending the weaknesses and some good RP (a solid thread or two, please, for something this grand), that involves the creation of this armor. It's an ambitious project, and I see you're willing to work for it. Keep at it and we'll see.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
All right, then. :D Like I said (or implied), this isn't a conditional yes. The final submission will be judged on its merits, and I'm certain a lot of us judges will be watching this closely. I won't lie: this IS an ambitious project, and it still might very well get rejected for being over the top. But, again, like I said, work for it and make it make sense, and that'll be taken into account.

Hello!

I was asked by Ashin to weigh in on this, and so I reviewed your entry. However, quite honestly, I believe the armor is very well balanced. I wasn't able to identify any outstanding issues or anything I'd ask you to revise. This is especially true given that you are actively RPing the development of the armor, as any RP (in my mind) lends greater credence to a design submission.

Nice job. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom