Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iris Arani: Looking For Knighthood

Living In Color
Codex Judge
Hey ya'll been a while since I wrote one. For Iris specifically anyway, and I used to do em monthly. Crazy how time changes over the years. That's right, it's been closing in on three years (or has already?) I've had her as a character. She started as literally a "hey give me an alien race" to a friend, noticed the Keshain could see extra colors, and bam. Iris, lost in color.

She's been a blast to write and develop from the head in the clouds kinda idiot trying to learn what it means to be a person. She's made tons of friends, enemies, even family. Faced some of the darkest folks out there and survived just running away. But every story's gotta keep evolving, right?

So imma just use this to snag story beats. Iris will eventually end up a Jedi Knight. I'm in no hurry or such, but I'm more curious what folks think she needs to do before she ends up one. What should she work on? What challenges should she face? You bet I'm outsourcing for ideas. So hit me with some.

Or y'know, just gimme feedback on her anyway. That's cool too.

I haven't followed your story close enough to say whether or not you've done this, but regardless of the character type I think independence is the biggest tell on if they are ready or now.

Even if the character is blithe with their head in the clouds, they can be competent enough to stand on their own in complex situations. Is Iris at a place where she doesn't need anyone to break out of trouble? Can she problem solve and show courage without outside help? She doesn't have to fight to resolve issues, either! Might be a fun arc to work through.

Quirky yet competent helpers-- they really are compelling in a story.

Hey ya'll been a while since I wrote one. For Iris specifically anyway, and I used to do em monthly. Crazy how time changes over the years. That's right, it's been closing in on three years (or has already?) I've had her as a character. She started as literally a "hey give me an alien race" to a friend, noticed the Keshain could see extra colors, and bam. Iris, lost in color.

She's been a blast to write and develop from the head in the clouds kinda idiot trying to learn what it means to be a person. She's made tons of friends, enemies, even family. Faced some of the darkest folks out there and survived just running away. But every story's gotta keep evolving, right?

So imma just use this to snag story beats. Iris will eventually end up a Jedi Knight. I'm in no hurry or such, but I'm more curious what folks think she needs to do before she ends up one. What should she work on? What challenges should she face? You bet I'm outsourcing for ideas. So hit me with some.

Or y'know, just gimme feedback on her anyway. That's cool too.
She needs to be tested on how she does when out of her comfort zone. For example, her paint is taken for a few months and she needs to prove that she can focus on the force and that alone. Doesn't have to be that of course, just something that proves she doesn't need things she regularly does to keep going.

Iris has come far from when Viera brought her to the Jedi.

But yeah, I'd pretty much second what the others have already said. She started as someone who knew very little, learned a lot and has experienced quite a lot too. Whatever means it's through, independency is an important part of being a Knight. She needs to learn to consistantly fly without the support of her Master and others.

That and prepare for the dreaded day when Iris takes on a Padawan of her own.

Dreidi is in a similar boat to Iris at the moment. Not super close to being a Knight but finding her place in the Jedi and building the skills to where she is ready to do the trials necessary to be a Knight.

Also, Dreidi being a warrior while Iris is a healer is a fun contrast if you ever wanted to write some story together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom