Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Invasive Species

<Yeah.>

When one heard the term "private dock", the luxurious came to mind. Kai was not a billionaire, and the shabbiness of the location was apparent even at a glance, with its scuffed runway charred by thruster heat and run-down appearance. But it was private, and it held a single ship, a light freighter he had dubbed the Survivor.

He got out of the speeder and headed around the back, starting to pick up the creature - only for it to leap out of his grasp and free of the net, which had apparently come loose during the ride. The beast landed on its feet with a snarl, drool dribbling from its mouth as it bared its teeth at him.

<Stay inside!> he warned Amani, looking around for a way to lure the creature into his ship without getting eaten.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani blinked, not even realizing all that had happened until the beast was already out, “Woah!” Stubbornly she stepped out in spite of Kai’s warning. “And let this thing take a bite out of you? No thanks.” Think of the mess she’d have to clean up.

Reaching back into the speeder, Amani pulled out a metal rod. She took position across from Kai, and twisted the rod’s end segment which then extended it into a full length staff. With that, she could keep some distance, and begin goading the Sithspawn in their desired direction.

“You got a plan?”

<I don't taste that good, don't worry.> But she was already exiting the vehicle, armed with a staff.

She asked him if he had a plan. <Not really,> he admitted sheepishly. <I can't stun it with the Force again. So should we just work together to get it aboard my ship?>

He maneuvered himself accordingly, standing so that the beast was wedged between him and the loading ramp of the freighter. It was pawing at the ground, clearly preparing to pounce.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Well, if that's all we got," Amani came in to tighten the wedge, prodding the beast once to try and force it up the ramp.

"Careful, we've got it cornered," From the extended end of Amani's staff, a beam of searing white burst forth, revealing its full nature as a lightsaber pike. The blade hummed with energy, a warning to dissuade any sudden attacks. If it did however, she made sure to put the blade on a training setting, only capable of hurting the Sithspawn.

<Is that a lightspear?> Kai's curiosity about the unusual weapon overrode his concern about the beast attacking him.

Not good—a second later, his danger sense flared. Rather than leaping at them, the creature spat a wad of something at them. Kai instinctively caught it with the Force, but droplets fell to the ground, where they burned and hissed against the duracrete.

<I guess it can spit acid,> he noted. What Sithspawn species could do that?

She shot Kai a puzzled stare. Here they were trying to wrangle a hell beast, and he was more curious about the stick she was holding.

And to top things off, now it was spitting acid at them.

"You guess?" she scoffed. Perhaps it needed a little more direct encouragement. Amani whacked at it with the saber, delivering a shocking spike of pain to the Sithspawn. "Just make this easy for us all, ya little-"

The creature gave a yelp of pain, then skittered up the ramp and into the ship to hide. Kai blinked, then hurried up the ramp.

He found the beast skittering about, claws scratching as it skidded across the floor. Thinking fast, Kai used the Force to cause objects to fall in the Sithspawn's path, effectively forcing it toward one particular door. Once the beast was inside, he quickly sealed it off with a sweep of his hand.

<That turned out better than I hoped,> Kai said. Turning back to find Amani, he added, <Thanks for your help.>

Amani extinguished the blade and collapsed her staff back into a more portable state.That was better than you hoped?” She laughed. In any case, the creature was now sealed off and no one was hurt, so as far as end results go it was more or less the ideal.

“Sure.” There was an awkward pause where Amani didn't quite know what to do with herself, ”Sooo, where’s this guy getting taken?”

As ideas wandered toward other planets, the thought process brought her back around to the more interesting point, “For that matter, what’s a Sithspawn doing in the Coruscant undercity?”

Amani looked at Kai expectantly, seeing as he was the one who had been handling the creature.

Kai cast a furrowed glance Amani's way. He quickly deduced she must have been away from Coruscant for quite a while.

<There was an invasion. Coruscant was attacked by the Brotherhood of the Maw. They released Sithspawn into the underworld, to terrorize civilians. Most of them have been killed by now, but some remain, surviving in the shadows.>

“...Ah.” That’ll do it. Amani’s face burned a slightly darker shade of green. Seemed like kind of a big thing to not be aware of but whatever, “...News updates can be a little spotty in the Outer Rim.” She shrugged.

“So now one guy spends his time trying to wrangle them all up, so he can send them to live somewhere else?” The way it was phrased seemed prying, but she followed up differently, “Is there anything else I can do to help?” She had shit else to do right now. Might as well help save an animal if she was still needed.

“Aaalrighty,” Underwhelming but more or less expected. She pulled out an old personal communicator for his contact.

“Welp, in that case I guess I’ll see you around. If I find any, that is. If not, then uh, probably not. Good luck,” Amani finished her rambling farewell with a lazy wave, then spun on her heel and off the way she came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom