Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Invasions: Capital Hex Suggestion

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter | Tefka Tefka

That is why its not just one thread, but multiple smaller simultaneously occurring threads that better represent the scale of the warfare. And like I said, it doesn't have to be that small it could be a set amount. My point is, if numbers don't matter don't make the entry optional to all. You can have a set amount that fits both, and not everything wants to be in an Invasion. This means, those Factions that want to go all out with a 15v15 can, but those that can't facilitate don't have to.

Additionally, multiple threads with smaller groups fighting over multiple hexes would me a more organised and well-paced way of representing full on factional warfare. Just because you have a lot of people in a thread doesn't make it war, having massive armies and planet-scale conflict does.

Not to mention the idea of a Sector Campaign also means nobody has to get left out as their are more than one threads on going.

We'll discuss it. Staff team has a huge list in front of us of items to discuss, but rule changes are the last item that's going to be altered. We're still waiting for the forum to get adjusted to all the changes that've happened and are happening.

We still have a huge laundry list from last fall that has yet to be voted on because of the upgrade. I'm holding us back from turning on the firehose on the community right now, there's already so much to adjust to.

I imagine in the next following months or so, you'll see a few announcements pointed towards amendments, but it's still too soon.

The last time a Major Faction lost its Capital hex, the Admins at that time either had that Faction select a new Capital World/Hex or chose one for them. For those that don't know, I'm speaking of the One Sith after the Galactic Alliance invaded their Capital of Coruscant. If that still stands with the present team of Admins, all I see happening with this suggestion is that the invaded Major Faction would have a chance to move their Capital Hex towards the centre of their "cloud." Which would ultimately do nothing but benefit the invaded Faction, rather than tearing that group off the map like some folk(s) in this thread have implied.

It's an admirable thought, severing the head of a snake to watch the body wither and die, but I just don't see this providing any tangible benefit to Factions on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom