Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Rules Update

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
88fcba407f15901a2da596ca2ddba525.jpg

The attitude of some while beating a dead horse in this thread (discussing stampeding) is honestly kit and kaboodle in why I avoid invasions like the plague as a general rule. When writing becomes a task and job, i'm out. And some of ya'll are nitpicking a concept about attitude and not being an arse, trying to make it mathematical when there's no way to. Language does not follow a numerical syntax when you put it to creative purposes, and trying to doesn't work.

Want to judge if you are stampeding? Ask yourself 'If the other side made these posts, and this many posts, this fast, would I feel it is fair that i've not had the opportunity to respond?' If you even hesitate for a fraction of a second, stop and let them get their licks in. Problem solved. If you even have to ask if you are, just take a breather to be safe. Because, like some smart people said in this thread - Invasions should be about story . Period. Nothing more or less. If you hesitate to reign yourself in, whether you are or aren't close to stampeding, because you might lose an invasion, you've lost the plot so to speak.

Though the 48 hr bit is new to me. I'd always heard 24 and done. Really, communication and cooperation are the biggest things that were lacking when I joined, that put me off invasions so hard. Stressing them by rule and expectation is a good thing.

Now, all that done...? Some of these rules changes, and the comments made in regards/support to & of them, have me wondering if I might not break my own rule and join in these Invasion things more regularly. Kudos to staff for remaining focused on the actual goal and trying to deliver a solid product without DLC or patch fixes built in just to get it out fast. Can someone alert EA?

Greed's Prodigy said:
[member="Darth Kentarch"]

I had this discussion earlier. Say one faction has 20 members eager to post and write for the invasion. That is cool and all, but say the other team has 7. Well, let's just let ALL 20 of those people post before the 7, it's stampeding. To me stampeding is also not based on the number of the faction or team being stampeding against. Pace your invasions and guage a good flow of posts, don't just let your members all post at once because it LOOKS like stampeding. Perception is reality.
This is a level of organisation that goes above and beyond an invasion being fun.

"Right guys, team A can post now, but team B have to wait."

As long as you're not completely stampeding the other side it should be fine. If you can't gather a suitable number of members to defend your worlds you shouldn't be rewarded. I'm sure the judges are capable of seeing what is and is not stampeding. The rule is there to prevent a larger/more active faction from preventing the other side taking part.

If people have forgotten the stampeding rule was created to deal with invasions like this: Alderaan

That's 200 posts in ONE NIGHT. It wasn't made for posting a little bit more promptly than the other side.

I believe moving the invasion criteria to be more story focused is a positive step.

Stampeding: You know it when you see it.

It's shouldn't be a matter of defining it because rp encroaching rulesets that delve into technicalities can literally ruin sites. So, you can avoid it by simply being reasonable writers that communicate with one another.

Re-working the proposed invasion judging criteria to be focused around the personal stories being crafted is a fantastic and positive change worthy of praise, I loathe the idea of a larger or more organised army ICly just winning invasions because their amorphous fictional army is bigger and more disciplined than their opposition rather than the individual stories being woven by the writers involved.

Well done indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom