Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Wayland OOC Discussion

[member=Azrael Asura"] - hello my friend - I may take you up on the offer, simply because what would be better than Azrael facing Azrael? However I cannot post until I get off work tomorrow night, so don't hold out for me if you find a more interesting dance partner.

Zola

Knight of the Obsidian Order
Conner Garon said:
[member="Jemmila Kyrgen"]

you-just-know-ve-been-celebrating-ever-since.gif
More like...

OyEPaKW.gif

Allies: [member="Nandiach_Ankah"] | [member="Graad Hokan"] | [member="Darth Wyrrlok VI"] | [member="Verz Horak"] | [member="Briika Detta"] | [member="Chaos Maxtor"] | [member="A'den Shereshoy"]
Enemies: [member="Laguz Vald"] | [member="Ebenezer"] | [member="Jun Nez"] | [member="Token Waters"]

Just a heads up, I'll be leaving this afternoon to head down for some pre-wedding stuff. My sister is getting married tomorrow. I am going to try and post later tonight. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I'll be able to post until tomorrow evening.

Arrbi Betna said:
[member="Boo Chiyo"]
Just a head's up, you're using a Tenloss DXR-6 disruptor rifle right? You know that only has a range of 20m, right? Figured I'd make sure before anything happened.
That depends on what we're accepting as canon. To quote Wookieepedia (which I hate doing, because it pulls from multiple sources even when those sources contradict each other...)

There are major differences in this weapon's range presented in The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Saga Edition role-playing game supplement that differ from the range as listed in the The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology. Instead of an optimum and maximum range of 10 and 20 meters respectively, The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide treats the DXR-6 disruptor rifle as a standard rifle, giving it an optimum and maximum range 45 and 450 meters respectively. This is probably due to the fact that the role-playing game data is heavily simplified and modified for ease of play.
So it's 20 meters in one book, 450 meters in another. If it is a sniper rile, 450 makes more sense. If it's maximum range is 20 meters, then it isn't a sniper rifle (which means I've been incorrectly using it in all my posts).

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][member="Jemmila Kyrgen"] | [member="Perla Pirjo"] | [member="Anija Ordo"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Ja, I wasn’t planning on engaging dem people. I just tagged Jem cause she is my apprentice and Perla ‘cause Vheis got history with her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]I am gonna be rumbling with [member="Nolan Detta"] :)[/SIZE]

Boo Chiyo said:
So it's 20 meters in one book, 450 meters in another. If it is a sniper rile, 450 makes more sense. If it's maximum range is 20 meters, then it isn't a sniper rifle (which means I've been incorrectly using it in all my posts).
It lists 45 as optimum (being effective) and 450 as being maximum, as in where the disruptor shot fades away and no longer can hit anything. This means the optimal range for precision/accuracy is 45 meters. This is a rifle meant for assassinations due to its nature of entirely vaporizing the people it hits, not for its distance.

To compare, in a factory submission where you would be placing the Effective Range (as per the template), that is where the optimum range (as listed by your TFU source) would be put.

Arrbi Betna said:
[member="Boo Chiyo"]
The wook link does clarify it as 20m in the stats, though. Sometimes wook pages do that.
I ignore those stats often where they don't match other published material. The citation to 20 meters is contradicted by the other source, also used by Wookieepedia, that says the optimum range is 45 meters. Which, contradicts the idea of this rifle as a sniper rifle. So what you're getting at, I assume, is that I should have picked a different weapon. But I assume I'm stuck with it since it's already in my posts.

I appreciate that, [member="Arrbi Betna"]

Though this discussion highlights everything I dislike about Wookieepedia. It's confusing to try and understand what the stats or range of this weapon ought to be. I'll see if someone more familiar with the armory can give me some good tips or advice on selecting a more clearly defined weapon.

[member="Boo Chiyo"]

Also, it's 1,000 meters from the treeline to the outpost.
800 meters from the treeline to thr energy fence.
650 meters from the treeline to the bunkers.
620 meters from the treeline to the Myrkavas.
150 meters from the treeline to the first part of the minefield.
135 meters from the treeline to the first baracade.

Even if the effective range were 450 meters, you'd have to be neck-deep in a minefield to use it.

[member="Olivia Dem'adas"]

I appreciate the breakdown on those numbers. I'm not familiar with much of the practical physics that go into military engagements, so I'm forced to make it up as I go. It's helpful to have the battlefield put into perspective like that.

I want to fight someone in hand to hand combat.

I think it'd be neat - Don't see many duels or fights like that.

I might go tango with a Rancor? Anyone got anymore Rancors roaming around?

*prepares to flip a table*

Allies: [member="Nandiach_Ankah"] | [member="Graad Hokan"] | [member="Darth Wyrrlok VI"] | [member="Verz Horak"] | [member="Briika Detta"] | [member="Chaos Maxtor"] | [member="A'den Shereshoy"]
Enemies: [member="Laguz Vald"] | [member="Ebenezer"] | [member="Jun Nez"] | [member="Token Waters"]

Just a reminder, there is no PVP on Objective 3.... so if you see Prime, or they see us, don't start shooting. Kay? Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom