Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Ord Mirit OOC [GR vs. OS]

Vrag said:
  • I don't think confusion should be a big issue on B, seeing as it'll be just PvP; my preference here is to leave it up to individual duelists to decide what their environment is like.
I guess that works well enough! ^_^

Vrag said:
  • As established, this is our territory, so it'll be the OS hashing out the territory of C once the invasion happens.
That's exactly what I was expecting, was for your guys to invent the details. But we would appreciate getting that information sooner than the moment the invasion goes live. The terrain will dictate what forces we select and the composition for those forces. It's unfairly crippling to us in that way. Your writers already have in mind what they're going to design, and going in blind is simply not a fair option.

We will need to either run a quick RP In Character to determine the layout of the terrain (which can still be detailed by yourselves), or we'll need those details Out of Character so we can finish preparing for the invasion.

Vrag said:
The last remark was directed at Draco, not yourself. :)
Clearly, I was offering to vouch for him as the one running the GR forces for the main ground battle.

Ugh......

First of all, to gather intel on the layout would require a RP thread stating so. However, to do a RP thread gathering intel would involve OS members attempting to counter such an action, to do so without our presence shows it to be one-sided and unfair. To be fair, one doesn't simply stroll into another's territory without thinking they will draw attention. So in other words, that sounds like a Skirmish to me....and since the invasion is 4 days away, it is not entirely possible to complete a skirmish and determine the layout of our territory.

As for B, it is pvp and the map provided is a layout of the depot. It's not complicated and it is easy to follow. Just like Telti, people would need to move from one section to another. Since it is pvp, there is no risk of npc forces hiding about....you walk in....and fight to take it or defend (in our case).

Darth Venefica said:
First of all, to gather intel on the layout would require a RP thread stating so. However, to do a RP thread gathering intel would involve OS members attempting to counter such an action, to do so without our presence shows it to be one-sided and unfair. To be fair, one doesn't simply stroll into another's territory without thinking they will draw attention. So in other words, that sounds like a Skirmish to me....and since the invasion is 4 days away, it is not entirely possible to complete a skirmish and determine the layout of our territory.

Scratch anything mentioned about an IC RP recce thread. I offered to do one because Vrag mentioned it, that's all. It's clearly too late for something like that.

But when I engage with another writer in IC conflict, we detail the battlefield so we both know what it looks like, and can plan our tactics and provisions accordingly.

That is what I'm asking for. Plain and simple: OOCly, what does the battlefield look like?

Oh, I suppose I should have said that I'm seeking a dance partner. I may consider two. We'll see.

As I said on my alt, [member="Tes Dralyn"], I am an entirely reasonable and pleasant opponent. Expect that I will be communicating with you for the duration of our encounter. :)

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Creativity......the battlefield is how you want it to be....with consideration of what wookiepedia has to offer. In the past invasions, writers wrote on the go, adding details along the way. If you are worried there are hidden mines laying about....no, the FA on both sides discussed that. If your worried about other surprises.....no, there are none. :)

Actually, I have a solution that might work out fine.

It was brought to my attention that Ord Mirit is a former GR world, of which I was unaware. It stands to reason, ICly, that we would already have details on the battlefield, though would lack any information about defensive emplacements, etc that the OS have allocated to the world since taking ownership of it.

In that case, it would be perfect for both sides if we could hash out those details with a pair of your writers! We can just have a quick PM discussion on terrain types and some specific features, and I can even make a Hex Map for everyone, making it much easier to track the battle. ^_^

Darth Venefica said:
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Creativity......the battlefield is how you want it to be....with consideration of what wookiepedia has to offer. In the past invasions, writers wrote on the go, adding details along the way. If you are worried their are hidden mines laying about....no, the FA on both sides discussed that. If your worried about other surprises.....no, there are none. :)
We're not talking about creativity, we're talking about timing. Two different things. We'll have creativity either way.

You say no surprises, and yet the surprises are things like, "Well we didn't bother packing any amphibious vehicles, and omg is that a huge kriffing river?"

Understand what I'm getting at? It's simple logic that we have an idea of the environment before we get started. I'm not asking you guys to name the streets, I'm asking you to give us a general description of the battelfield.

I feel as if I'm facing more resistance than I deserve on this issue.

Tes Dralyn

T
[member="Andras Garon"]

Pray you have good aim with such a non-aerodynamic and weighty object, because I'm not stupid enough to so easily give you an opportunity to simply bash my brains out.

Darth Venefica said:
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Using old or outdated information to determine the layout is fine with me.
As long as that information is accepted as fact and there are no attempts to change it once it's established.

And if that is the term you're accepting, then I would like to reach out to two writers of your choosing to discuss the matter with.

*scratches head*

This isn't something really worth arguing about. We will get the layout of the battlefield and provide it. It won't be tonight, but we will get it as soon as possible.

Edit: Former Intel, unless backed up by rp, shouldn't hold value, just as non existent defenses won't be valued if they weren't rped before a specific date. Unless the writing is there, we won't persist on assumptions.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

timing....there is no timing involved. The GR invaded....we are prepared to defend.

We don't spring surprises on people during invasions.....if you want to take that route, we can discuss all the surprises the GR birthed during the Kashyyyk invasion and yet, we rolled with it and still won. If a river shows up, work through it. If a mountain crops up, climb over it. I'm not trying to give you resistance, I'm trying to explain to you that the battlefield layout is how you make it. If YOU decided to create a river.....we will work through it. this is what we work with it, Ord Mirit and you should to. There is no info on the planet.....so it's a surprise to both of us.

Darth Venefica said:
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

timing....there is no timing involved. The GR invaded....we are prepared to defend.

We don't spring surprises on people during invasions.....if you want to take that route, we can discuss all the surprises the GR birthed during the Kashyyyk invasion and yet, we rolled with it and still won. If a river shows up, work through it. If a mountain crops up, climb over it. I'm not trying to give you resistance, I'm trying to explain to you that the battlefield layout is how you make it. If YOU decided to create a river.....we will work through it. this is what we work with it, Ord Mirit and you should to. There is no info on the planet.....so it's a surprise to both of us.
I was neither involved in those situations, nor do I participate in any sort of OOC-shadiness. I do not support it, especially amongst writers on "my" side. That's why I was trying to set things clear here, before we all got invested.

Reverance said:
*scratches head*

This isn't something really worth arguing about. We will get the layout of the battlefield and provide it. It won't be tonight, but we will get it as soon as possible.

Edit: Former Intel, unless backed up by rp, shouldn't hold value, just as non existent defenses won't be valued if they weren't rped before a specific date. Unless the writing is there, we won't persist on assumptions.
Thank you, Reverance. I look forward to it!

Former intel: You're right, I'll take your point on that one and rely on what you provide us then. Again, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom