Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Elrood OOC

So on Friday the 9th, the Moross Crusade will be launching an invasion of Elrood. Rather than take to the fields themselves, they've puppeteered a horde of Vong to strike the planet.

Some things to keep in mind;

• This will be strictly OP vs MC. No allies.
  • Elrood has a law of no weapons or armor on the planet. We arranged for some planetary garrisons and defenses, but the planet does not have the sort of ground-based defenses a planet of similar rating might have. It does possess above-average orbital defenses though.
  • The Leviathan and Spirit of Druckenwell won't be showing up. This is a surprise attack.
  • While the Crusade will be behind the Vong attack, we don't know that. They're going to also be there fighting Vong and attempted to persuade the inhabitants that they'd be safer within the Crusade than the Protectorate.
Our relations with the Crusade have been minimal. Neither faction has a particularly strong feeling for the other. This could end with us as allies (even if we don't know that they were behind the original attack), or we could end up at war.

I do -NOT- want there to accusations of metagaming with this. If you think you can legitimately prove a connection between the Vong attack and the Crusade, do so. But you absolutely must work for it.

Please remember that this is not something worth slinging mud over. We're part of the same community and I've spoken with the Crusade leadership. I trust them implicitly to make this an interesting and fair story, and I want us to return that favor.

Whatever happens, win or lose, that's what this is all about; telling a story with friends.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
There isn't much I can add over what Ayden already said, obviously this won't be a standard dominion as rather than defeating Moross in a fight we win this by keeping the inhabitants on our side by defending them from the Vong properly and convincing them Moross gods are false tricksters and there is only one true Protectorate, this Protectorate, or by proving the Moross are behind the Vong attack, as far as their relations with Horde go we do know that Moross and Horde went to war as HK himself took part in it during Silken Asteroids, helping the Moross, and we do know Moross wiped the Horde out taking over their capital of Yuuzhantar, I believe our intelligence is good enough to notice such. Of course whether we would know how much Horde remained after that is questionable.

Also, should we loose Elrood, we will also loose the few planets on the hyperroute below it.

Why are we going to be invaded, lose planets, and then sign a treaty? I do not agree with this. I like to influence my Invasions, not have them determined in advance. According to these logs, that's what it is looking like. If this is the case (and I suspect it is, no matter how much any of you protest otherwise) why are we even bothering? There are plenty of other ways to drum up activity besides Invasions.

HK-36

I apologize for the logs Delila mentioned, I jumped the gun on them,

While in them it did look like the outcome is determined, it's not, we can still fight, we can still influence how the story goes, the way of going about it I listed in my first post.

This invasion will be only predetermined if we let it be.

The premise is rather flawed.

For one Horde - the only Vong group in the south that would have been positioned to launch such an attack - was never even remotely relevant and is dead anyway. They did not put up a fight when Moross (with support from HK and Sio) beat them up at the Silken Asteroids, Moross razed their homeworld Yuuzhantar and just now took Aurum. It makes little sense for OP to suddenly think they'd launch an attack. Any Vong of quality would go join the OS.

So frankly as a false flag op it's very obvious. OP might not have interacted with Moross, at least on officials levels, but you'd think they'd keep watch on it. For one it's an expasionist religious theocracy whose leaders claim they're gods, it has Sith in its ranks and is allied with Fringe...a nation with whom the Protectorate has oftentimes had a rather rocky relationship, as shown by the battles of Kayri and Eriadu. So OP has little reason to be particularly trusting.

Never mind the fact that foreign troops crossing your border without permission - and then proclaiming the planet they appeared on is their territory - is an act of war. Thus making a scenario where OP suddenly decides to ally with Moross nonsensical. Same really applied to Elrood having no arms.

so many space marines

warhammer-40-000-45997.jpg

The fight is -not- premeditated. This is something I've discussed at length with the Crusade.

And as far as the idea of what happens afterwards; yes, there are a lot of things that can happen between the start of the thread and its end that would create a number of VERY different conclusions. This has also been discussed.

Are there suspicious circumstances? Sure. But we have to pick up on that, and it needs to been done purely at the IC level.

S'kay

Icly, Elrood is heavy OP happy due to the Dark Harvest events where we protected them from the Horde of zombies what not to begin with.

That was the reason we won the planet to afterall.

Having the population suddenly decide some other zealots of religion will be their go to savior is unlikely xD

Just roleplay that and we are fine. After all, Elrood is a major trade world, and the MC's format is that everything is nationalized.

Don't think the population would really like to change that so easily and readily when they have had their freedom in OP.

Either way, should be a fun shin-dig.

Just keep posting.. just keep posting..

HK-36

Me and [member="Ayden Cater"] just spoke with the Moross leadership, due to their leader going on a Semi-LOA the Invasion is canceled.

Instead we will be moving to diplomatic negotiations and establishing official contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom