Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Fatigue Was Already Solved

From the Flashpoint ruleset, a small meta change was added that fundamentally changed how Invasions could be percieved:

• Hexes invaded further than five hexes away from a Major Faction's borders will not increase a Major Faction's Influence Cloud. Hexes gained in this manner will be given in accordance to the path of least of resistance to the targeted hex from the closest point of the attacking Major Faction's influence cloud.

2 small changes to the rules.

Just standardize it as 3 hexes and move it to the actual Invasion rules.

Not a Charles Dickens novel.

2 small changes.

Don't DM me feet pics if you agree Invasions hitting harder = less invasions = higher risks/higher excitement = less Invasion fatigue.

Also, this makes factions like AOC still viable but not as enticing as other factions, as Agents of Chaos was created solely to upset the map game because nobody else was doing it.

AOC being a nuisance to your factions is a symptom of the problem, not the problem. The problem was map stagnation and the general lack of excitement that followed, which you, the community, let happen. AOC just seized on the opportunity. The minute we can start talking about this openly and honestly, the better we'll all feel.

NIO, please stop sending me feet pics.

HOcE2Hm.png

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
Once is an anomaly, twos a trend.
My personal favorite quote from SW: Republic Commando. One of the rules of being an RC, a set rules formed by the Mandalorians. Speaking about a one-time thing...

The AoC wins one invasion against the CIS. Everyone loses their karking mind. I mean whats going on here. I can't speak on what happened in the second invasion, but so far they chalked up one win. On July 6th Ra Vizsla Ra Vizsla posted a thread, jokingly restricting suggestion to threes days. Since then there has been like 20+ suggestions/Feedback/whatever on reforming, editing, rethinking invasion or map game rules, and everything in between.

Only July 5th I was playing Axis & Allies World 1942 second edition. My side in the first round lost the first four major battles to poor planning and bad rolls. My opponent saw that I was behind on divisions due to heavy losses and initiated an IPM strategy. By the logic of chaos, I should have stopped right there and written 20 letters to larry harris and Avalon hill suggesting why their rules were wrong and what they needed to change. But no I pressed on. Late in the game, he swung the American Fleet out towards Japan. In a last desperate defense, I swung in my own fleet. Four battleships, tons of subs and destroyers, cruisers, over half a dozen tops loaded with fighters. I sank his American navy to the bottom of the East China Sea. And no, I lost the game after the end of the round, conceding defeat and shaking my opponents hand.

By hey I'm just rambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom