Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Discussion

So after a chat with Ayden, it's been decided that sometime in the near future, TGE will be taking a stab at claiming the manufacturing world of Giju from the Omega Protectorate.

The concept for this invasion is as follows. The Imperial fleet will be moving into the system to help secure it against possible Fringe aggression. Of course, the easiest way to keep this system secure is to annex it. The thread is intended to have a low intensity/special operations sort of vibe. Rather than a mass movement of troops, it's an attempt to contain and control the world without causing excessive damage to infrastructure while the local OP forces attempt to break out and alert the rest of their nation as to what we're up to before it's too late.

Objectives are up for discussion. We would like to see 2-3 active objectives for both sides to pursue. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome, and we can present our conclusions here to Ayden and the rest of OP to get the thread started with.

Moira shall be there. Possibly with her good friend Maelion Liates in tow.

I assume this will have a fleeting element? Then a logical objective is for OP forces to try and break out an Imperial blockade.

Another Imperial objective might be to take over a major military spaceport or communications centre (thus preventing Fondor from being alerted). Or an important munitions factory, since it's a manufacturing world.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I would say that destruction of the enemy fleet would be a high priority, both to eliminate military assets and to try and keep the invasion quiet as long as possible.

On the same note, preserving industrial facilties would be a goal, so for the OP they could try and scorched earth the stuff. But from a fleeting perspective my main mission would be to wipe out the enemy fleet and then besiege the planet.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I would love to conduct an invasion on a strategic level. Like if I were going after the Protectorate, Fondor wouldn't even be a target. The goal would be to isolate strongholds and key planets and starve them of resources, communications, and resupply while gradually tightening a noose around the capital. The Enclosure stratagem as perfected by Bel Riose, if you're familiar with the Foundation books. It would be tricky to pull off against the Protectorate, since they have much more territory than we do, but doable.

I've no idea how I'd go about doing that, though. A limitation of a post-by-post roleplay, perhaps. Or potentially my imagination.

The idea is that we're not ATTACKING the Protectorate, we're SAVING them. From the Fringe. And themselves who cannot protect themselves from the Fringe. Hence the focus on smaller more elite groups. Ideally an overwhelming Imperial fleet (lead by Cyrus if you're interested) would have already blockaded the planet by the time the thread starts. What we need are objectives for what happens after the blockade. Think battle of Naboo.

Possible objective: OP tries to seize control of a major broadcasting station. We need this station to continue broadcasting false traffic making it seem like the system is not occupied, they want to use it to call for reinforcements.

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
Lets Assume the Battle starts with a flat out blockade, and we want to take the planet via special and covert operations. We want to take the most logical steps to ensure a complete military takeover with no little damage or fatalities to the planet.
The first thing you want to do is knock out the power, the electricity that is. With no power comes no communication, no defense systems, no utilities, no lighting, and oh yes my personal favorite no flush toilets. Then you want secure local political leadership to ensure the takeover has legitimacy. Finally you want take down their defense and communication mainframe so what defenses they do have can't coordinate. After this is done what choice would the planet have but to Surrender to Admiral Tregessar?

Amon Garrith

A
Should we really be looking at OP yet? Perhaps we should enlighten our wayward neighbors to the north before tackling a larger power?

OP has large territory but has been decimated manpower-wise. They would lose against one invasion - and Fringe is going to attack them at Eriadu soon.

Shame really. I had fun back with them, conquered most of their territory with another char of mine, but they've been a paper tiger for ages.

OP stands alone. The Republic is busy fighting the Sith (though they will assuredly attack Fringe soon). If I were them I'd join in on the scramble and seize Corellia.

TGE needs to get active and expand - and OP has a number of prize worlds.

Amon Garrith

A
Hmm. I've been away for a while, still catching up on Galactic politics.

Good. Let's destroy their people and burn their worlds in the name of order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom