Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion cancelled

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A heads-up. I know plenty of you were looking forward to this, but plenty more of you weren't. The Republic's leadership has undergone a major change. They've begged for peace, and hashed out a treaty with us with three hours to spare. Terms include, for example-

• No invasions on either side
  • They immediately withdraw from O'reen (which they were losing anyway), make a public apology for it, and pay reparations for the people they killed
  • They CANNOT scream that the treaty got broken if a little fight breaks out. This means that skirmishes, fights, small fleet battles, are all JUST fine. We're entering a period of TOR-style Cold War so we can focus on the event.
  • Dominion races won't end with invasions.
  • They stay the feth out of Dahrtag and that area in general.
  • They stay the feth out of any fight we get into with OP - a couple helpers, no ten-Master dogpiles or fleet aid.
  • If we help our allies in an invasion, that doesn't break the treaty, and vice versa. If other people decide to tackle the Republic, we can back'em up like crazy.

SO. Go out. Have fun. TOR-style cold war begins now. We got everything we needed to ensure that they leave us the FETH alone.

And on that note, I'm gonna take a couple days off. Man, am I tired.

Very anti climatic. I don't blame you Ashin for signing the treaty, but it rubs off that the Fringe's win was imminent and this treaty was made to prevent a collapse of the Republic. This may be something to remember when they recover and try and gank us, and they will: Its only a matter of time.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Well, that's what it'll look like on the surface, and there's no getting around that. But considering we just spurred a major regime change to beat and defuse the Republic's imperialism, not to mention basically saved the event, I ain't complaining. Between O'reen and this, this is what victory looks like in the real world, not storming a world to put a target on our backs forever.

*toddles off*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom