Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship INV 'Silencer', Conqueror-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Caalgen

T
maxresdefault.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Image Credit: Wookieepedia
Intent: To set in stone Caalgen's flagship.
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: The Galactic Empire
Model: Conqueror-class Star Destroyer (Prototype)
Affiliation: The Core Imperial Confederation, [member="Travis Caalgen"]
Modularity: N/A
Production: Unique
Material: Alusteel Hull with Turadium Internal Reinforcement, Carbon-Nanofilament Armor Plating, Glassteel and Transparisteel where appropriate. Internal AR-03 Damage Reduction Component plating.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Star Destroyer
Role: Prototype Star Destroyer/Mobile Research Base
Length: 1,600 m
Width: 900 m
Height: 400 m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: ISD 6th-Generation Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 0.75
Minimum Crew: 6,126
Optimal Crew: 24,504
Passenger Capacity: 6,470
Consumables: 4 years
Speed Rating: Average
Manoeuvrability Rating: Low

ARMAMENT
Armament Rating: Extreme

• 1 x Concave Dish Heavy Composite Proton-Beam Cannon

• 2 x Octuple-Barbette Heavy Megamaser Batteries

• 50 x Megamaser Batteries

• 30 x Heavy Megamaser Batteries

• 20 x Heavy Ion Cannons

• 30 x Variable Warhead Launchers (PRO|A.CON|FLE|D.BOR|CLU)

• 80 x Point Defense Maser Cannons

• 40 x Flak Cannons
Defence Rating: Moderate
HANGAR: Low

• 3 x Squadrons of strike craft

• 2.5 x Squadrons of support craft
STANDARD FEATURES

[*]
Standard Electronics Warfare/Countermeasure Package

[*]
Internal Defenses

• Defensive Autoblasters

• Labyrinth Interior with natural chokepoints

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:

• Fear Will Keep The Local Star Systems In Line - Featuring several dozen megamaser batteries of various size and function, as well as miscellaneous ion cannons and point defence weaponry. The Silencer excels at ship-to-ship combat, being capable of overpowering a handful of frigates at once. It also serves as a perfect tool for coordinated orbital bombardments of celestial bodies, its megamasers able to vaporize buildings. But the primary aspect of the Silencer, as well as other Conqueror-class Star Destroyers, is its proton beam cannon, while incapable of destroying celestial bodies, the proton beam can heavily damage other capital ships with several shots depending on the size of the vessel and intensity of the beam, with cruisers able to be destroyed in a single, full-powered blast.

• Fear Of This Star Destroyer - The shielding itself is standard in the terms of capacity and energy/projectile absorption, but this individual ship differs slightly from others in its class in the fact that it has molecular shielding; meaning most weapons fire is absorbed in an effort to shorten the recharging process of the weapon.
Weaknesses:

• Reduced Capacity - In an effort to make room for the concave dish that that proton beam projectors are mounted on, a rather large sliver of the star destroyer's fore section was removed; Along with it a good portion of passenger, cargo, and even starfighter capacity as the primary and attack hangar bays were removed in exchange for the Weapon's inner workings.

• Power Hungry - When preparing to fire the axial-mounted laser, the Silencer is at its weakest. The massive array can easily draw power from other systems including but not limited to weapons, shields, and engines; possibly leaving the ship exposed after firing at its full potential.

• Firing Rate - The Silencer shares the same firing rate of its proton beam cannon as its ship class: a two minute charging period for a 'single reactor ignition' in which the blast is the equivalent of a very strong hypervelocity gun, up to a 'full power ignition' (technically five reactor ignitions) for a ten minute charging period on par with a nuclear weapon that can vaporize a cruiser. During this time, the crew can acquire a precise lock on the target area, be it a starship or a planetary position to commence bombardment upon.

• Aft Weaponry - Always commonplace with Imperial starships; the entirety of the aft section of the starship has been dedicated to the engines and the command tower, with minimal offensive armament present. This can be a crippling weakness combined with its lack of manoeuvrability, whereas an enemy can position itself behind the ship and face minimal retribution.

• Low Maneuverability - A feature ships created by both this era's variant of the Galactic Empire, its ancestor, as well as other powers in the Galaxy: The Silencer prototype destroyer has below-average manoeuvrability, slow even compared to ships of the same class.
DESCRIPTION
During the infancy of the Imperial Remnant, the descendants of the Galactic Empire united by then-First Order Admiral Tanomas Graf, the newly-appointed Military Director of Advanced Weapons Research, Travis Caalgen, delved through the amassed Imperial archives in an effort to scour the data for a weapon that could give the Imperials an edge in their oncoming expansion as well as for the War on the horizon. While researching the Death Star, and after realizing that a battle-station of the sort would be an impossibility for the fledging power and their limited fiefdom to construct, he came across a specific Imperial II-class Star Destroyer called the Conqueror. Armed with a smaller version of the Death Star's superlaser, the Conqueror finished its trial run by destroying a small planetoid before being destroyed itself by the Rebel Alliance.

Encouraged both by this revelation and his sense of duty to the Imperial Remnant, Director Caalgen went about to make the Conqueror a reality. The base model itself was easy, constructing a standard star destroyer with much of its fore section missing, with a concave dish marking the centre of the starship. But the difficult part was attempting to build a superlaser with the resources at his disposal. After trial and error, the Weapon was created with enough kyber crystals to produce a capital-busting laser array. Thus the prototype ship was born, the Silencer, which commenced its first test in the Rishi system by eradicating a tibanna gas mining colony in an asteroid field with a single, low powered blast.

Adopted by the Director as the command ship and mobile research headquarters of the Advanced Weapons Research Division, the Silencer would serve as the progenitor of the entire Conqueror-class Star Destroyer line, and as the largest achievement, even after the Empire's super star destroyer, in the man's career.
With the rise of the Core Imperial Confederation, the Silencer has been retrofitted with several new additions to allow it to catch up to more contemporary ships of the same class and size, much to the delight of its captain.

NOTE: PCs may decide if the Conqueror blast hits their ships, and may also decide the extent of the damage. I want the weapon to be powerful but fair in RP so people cannot complain about it being overpowered.

[member="Travis Caalgen"] - Having thoroughly read your submission and the attached Faction thread, I have some questions, alongside a few clarifications, and issues I must address; as the ship, as it stands, is heavily unbalanced.

The first and the most important issue here is your primary armament for this vessel. With having Eight heavy projectors, I feel that we’re stepping into borderline superlaser territory where the ‘Silencer’ would be akin to a watered down Eclipse or Sovereign Class SSD’s in a bite-sized package. So, I’d like to see that number cut in half, to Four projectors. Also, I feel like it would be better that the terminology is expanded to describe what the dish has and how it operates, accurately. A - Heavy Composite Proton Beam Cannon. (I’d also like for this to be hyperlinked to the Wookieepedia Article for an easy frame of reference, and I am very aware that the composite portion is mentioned in your strengths.)

Overall, I’m uncomfortable with the notion of having a Star Destroyer that can “One-shot” other vessels, especially when the threshold isn’t listed. So, with the suggestion in play, I’d like to see that limit explicitly fleshed out in your strengths section.

With your listed defences, I’ve noted something that’s a bit superfluous. Having both the Standard and Redundant shielding systems in play, the former portion isn’t actually required. With the use of term Redundant and your further expansion in the strengths section, it’ll be okay without it.

Next, we come to your Hyperdrive rating. As it’s edging towards the Very Fast rating, I’m going to need you to drop another one of your ratings to balance this portion of your submission out. Personally, I’d recommend dropping your Defences to Average. However, the choice is ultimately yours.

Your strengths are okay, and before the edits have come into play, there’s nothing that needs to be linked in this section. However, I feel you need another Weakness or Two to balance out the Extreme rating of your armament. Going back to your breakdown of weapons and the like, I’d recommend that the lack of weapons at the rear of the vessel, and on the ventral surface of the Destroyer would be suitable for a single weakness. The second is the Fire Rate of your primary weapon. I’d like this fleshed out as a weakness as I don’t think you’ll be treating this as a pulsar weapon firing every second. Feel free to include the target acquisition phase, and the cycling to full power, etc.

That’s all I have for you at the moment; please feel free to make any comments, questions or concerns and @mention me when you’ve completed the myriad edits.

Travis Caalgen

T
Change Log -
  • Updated overall format to coincide with new changes
  • Changed Imperial IV to Imperial V in 'Primary Sources'
  • Changed affiliation from 'First Order Security Bureau' to 'Core Imperial Confederation'
  • Changed materials
  • Changed overall armament (turbolasers to megamasers, added launchers)
  • Changed defence rating
  • Removed one squadron of fighters and added support craft
  • Completely revamped special features
  • Added molecular shielding and carbon durasteel armour under advanced systems
  • Replaced the second strength
  • Added another sentence at the bottom of the description

Ready to be sent back to the Factory, [member="Srina Talon"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom