Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introductions Fondor

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lobby of a Skyscraper
Fondor
Omega Space

Karen Roberts sat in the lobby of a grand skyscraper building on Fondor. The Micheal Travor Building. A tall silver spire resting among all the other tall silver spires. Situated right in the middle of the busy financial district of the big capital city. Cars and taxis could be seen outside the glittering glass windows as the early morning rush began anew. It was the sights and sounds of a metropolis.

Roberts had invited a new recruit to meet her here. A one Master [member="Jyfo Draav"]. So she was keen this morning to see if he showed up. Karen wore her black operation's body glove with a brown leather jacket. Casual. The blue-haired woman relaxed on the lobby couches and read a good book. She was waiting for her guest to arrive.

Jyfo

A lost past, an unknown future
Jyfo took a deep breath. This is it. I'm finally going to be trained. The journey to Fondor seemed to fly by, as he spent the entire trip pondering what training would be like, how he would fare, if he would be accepted at all, etc. But now, standing in front of the impressively large building that stood before him, all other thoughts fled. He was here to be trained, not to be ruled by fear.

Jyfo walked through the entrance and took a look around, noting the ornate decorations that filled the lobby. I was told to meet my potential Master here. He scanned the room, noting several humans and other species in different positions around the room. Then, his eyes fell on the blue-haired woman sitting down, reading a book calmly. He felt something as he saw her. This has to be her.

He walked over to her, and, bowing slightly, offered a polite "Hello, my lady, are you perhaps the Master I was informed about? My name is Jyfo Draav."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Roberts smiled and stood up. Placing her book inside her leather jacket. She gave a short bow in returned and smiled broadly,

"Welcome to Fondor, Master Jyfo Draav. I do hope your journey was comfortable."

She motioned for a chair,

"Please sit."

Roberts sat down across from the newcomer and crossed her legs.

"I understand you a new recruit amongst The Jedi Academy network. So let me be the first to welcome you as our newest Padawan and Apprentice. I am Force Master Karen Roberts. Formerly of Corellia. ...And I had hoped to begin your Jedi training very soon. However, before we begin. I'd like to ask you a few questions and get to know you better. Very standard procedure, I assure you."

It was custom for accepting a new Apprentice. That before they would begin training they would talk and get to know each other.

"So. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself. Why do you want to become a Jedi Knight, hm? What drew you to the Jedi in the first place?"

___

*ooc: You can click the @Mention buttion just below my Avatar to 'mention' me. This will bring up a notification on my HUD that you have replied and are seeking my attention. Just like this: [member="Jyfo Draav"]. Give it a try when you reply. Cheers.

Jyfo

Jyfo sat down in the comfortable chair as he had been told. When asked why he wanted to become a Jedi Knight, he had to wait a moment before responding. I have to make sure to word this correctly, he thought to himself. He took a deep breath in and faced [member="Karen Roberts"].

"Growing up on my home planet of Jakku, I saw a despairingly large proportion of the population living in squalor and poverty. Crime lords controlled much of the area. As much as my family would try to help the poor people, it was never enough." He paused, then continued. "There wasn't much I could do alone. And I kept having problems with the Force. It keeps coming to me in bursts, sometimes violently so, and I seek to be able to enhance, but first control, my abilities. I wish to become a Jedi Knight to protect myself and those close to me, and then to aid the poor and fight against tyranny."

As Jyfo looked across to the Master, he studied her face for reactions. Did I say the right thing? The wrong thing? It is the truth, after all...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smiled and nodded. Through the Force she could tell he was sincere.

"My senses tell me that you are indeed sincere Apprentice Draav. And I feel that this desire will be a great strength unto you as we begin your training."

She touched her chin and thought carefully,

"What expectations do you have of the Jedi Knights, Jyfo? There are many sects and many Jedi Orders these days. Each and every one with their own creeds and customs. I wonder what kind of Jedi you will choose to be? Will you be a warrior? ...A healer? ...A wanderer? ...Or perhaps a noble consular?"

She smiled and shrugged. There were many paths to tread.

"Yes. Tell me. What do you believe a Jedi Knight truly is? At his very core."

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

Jyfo had not known that the Jedi order was so complex, with different classes and such. He leaned back in his chair. "I feel I would be best suited as a warrior, or perhaps just a wanderer, even. I will admit I do not know the intricacies of the Jedi order, though I am, of course, open to learn." He stopped there and formulated his words for how he thought jedi Knights truly were.

"I would say that, despite the apparent differences between Jedi sects, they share the desire to learn more about the Force and to keep the darkness at bay. He or she views the Force as an ally, but also a weapon which must be used with caution." Jyfo did know that the Sith were much more eager to use and often abuse the Force, usually for selfish gain. He had no interest in power-hungry maniacs, often the ones who ruled over the poor with an iron fist.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
She nodded and continued,

"I see. That is a wise answer. It will suffice."

Karen was slowly beginning to learn what kind of Jedi Jyfo wanted to be. That was good. Then she could teach to his strengths. A symbol of the great man he would eventually become.

"To help me better understand were you are as a beginner? Why don't you tell me everything you know about the Force? I would hate to have to cover old ground in your teachings, after all."

She nodded with a passing wave,

"This will be your last question. After that, we will move this session upstairs. There is a private dojo on the 49th floor I have rented out for our use. A fine studio to begin your training."

Karen smiled and awaited his answers.

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

This was the part of his background Jyfo felt was lesser than most young Jedi. He sighed, knowing he should not lie or conceal anything from his new master. "My own relationship with the Force is a bit complex. When I focus, using all of my concentration, I can feel it, but I cannot... grasp it so to speak. However, when I become enraged for whatever reason, it surges through me and I feel like I can do anything. But it's so hard to control, and I feel as if I could hurt someone unintentionally. It's just... frustrating." He felt ashamed, even though he knew he needed to leave that behind him. He was ready to control his temper.

"My parents were scared of my abilities at first, so while they did hire a tutor to teach me some saber techniques, most of my Force practice was done on my own, in secret. I have much to learn." He bowed his head, showing he was ready to be taught.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ah. A natural connection to his rage and emotions. That was good. As long as you could control it. Many Jedi Masters had learned to temper that side of themselves into a positive. Much like a sharp sword, it was only dangerous in the wrong hands. A sword with a careful edge could always be put to good use if you knew how to wield it. Jyfo's destiny would be no different. The good or the evil of his passions would come from his choices. Not his body.

"Such is the path of all Jedi before. Conflict is a part of every man's life. To control oneself is the good destiny of all men. And when you have mastered all your passions, you will indeed experience a new found harmony in both life and of The Force."

She nodded and stroked her chin. It was time to begin.

"Follow me to the lift, Apprentice. It is time to begin your training in earnest."

___

The Dojo

The 49th floor held four offices. One of which was a private dojo that overlooked the city beyond. It held little in the way of decoration and the floor was crafted of blue straw matting. A weave technique that could cushion any blow and break any fall. Even with it's wide glass windows peering into the city outside, this was the place to begin.

"To begin. From this moment on you will address me as Master and I will address you as Apprentice. Such is the way of our traditions. ...Now. Let us start with meditation. Please join me by the windows and sit down. We shall explore our Inner Self. This is the beginning of all pathways into the Force."

Roberts took of her jacket and remained in only her black operation's suit. Then she sat down with her back to the windows and beckoned Jyfo to join her.

"Now. Close your eyes and quiet your mind. Practice your breathing in a steady rhythm. In. And out. In. And out. ...Erase all the thoughts and concerns from your mind. Your sub-conscious will rise. But let it pass away. ...Focus on my voice. Calm your body. Let your spirit arise. Let the Force wash over you. Feel it. ...Feel the Force flowing through you. Connecting you to all that surrounds you. ...Breath. In. And out. ...In. And out."

She paused to let the silence take over. To let Jyfo meditate upon the Force.

"Now. With your eyes closed and your breathing steady. Describe to me how you feel? Tell me how you experience The Force."

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

Jyfo would've much preferred to practice combat techniques, but he silently admitted to himself that he definitely needed more work with the Force than work with the blade. A lot more work.

Listening to his Master's voice, Jyfo sat and tried to meditate. He breathed steadily, trying to empty his mind of thoughts. I never have been much good at meditating, he thought to himself before forcing his mind to be empty. Breathed in. Breathed out. He felt a glow inside him for a moment. It continually rose and ebbed. His muscles loosened and he relaxed further.

"I feel... like a shoreline. The Force washes over me, and then fades, and then comes back." His breathing remained steady. The glow slowly spread from his mind down into the rest of his body. "It's spreading throughout me," he said. Unused to the slow advance of the Force rather than a violent burst, Jyfo shuddered and felt the connection falter. He focused again, and reset his breathing.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen watched and listened. Both inside the Force and without. Jyfo was doing well.

"Good. Now reach out and beckoned the Force to your side. Call to it with your mind. Let it be your constant companion. Do not resist. Open your mind and let it become a part of you. As it always has been."

She let the silence return once more. Let it's quiet ring distill upon Jyfo and his learnings. This was his time. His moment. Karen would need to let him experience the Force for himself.

"Now. As you call the Force to your side. Tell me how you feel? Tell me how you experience the Force as your ally."

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

Jyfo began to sweat. The Force felt so close to him, like he could just reach out and touch it. Yet every time he tried to grasp it, or use it, it seemed to move just far enough away so that he couldn't reach it. A stray thought came to him. You can't force the Force. Jyfo couldn't help smiling. He went back to concentrating, focusing; instead of trying to make the power of the Force go to him, Jyfo let it come to him willingly. Sure enough, he felt the surge of awareness and strength as the Force filled him.

"I feel strong. Like my abilities have been increased. I can feel everything in the room. It's all connected."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen again busied herself with watching and listening. Both inside and outside of the Force's currents. She could feel Jyfo as he struggled within himself. The temptation to grab on to the Force and struggle with it to obey. Or the blissful simplicity it was to relax and the let the Force come to him. To embrace his natural harmony. To gain, himself.

"Good. Now open your eyes and return to the surface. Take a minute to walk around and regain your thoughts. Reflect upon how you feel and how this experience has changed you. Focus on the man you want to become."

Karen stood up and walked around the room herself. Taking a minute to look out the window and upon the great city below. Even here in the middle of a bustling metropolis, Jyfo had found inner peace.

"Tell me Apprentice. How do you think you can use your meditations to live a better life? Can the Force help you in everyday things? How do you think you have changed today?"

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

Jyfo slowly rose and reflected on the experience as told. He felt hope rising within him. Even though he just barely got a taste of the Force, and he hadn't had to get upset to feel it. Jyfo suddenly felt very content.

He smiled. "I think meditation will help me greatly, especially with learning to embrace the Force and not take it. Honestly, I'm excited to train. This is probably one of the best decisions I have made. I feel this is a positive step in the right direction. The journey may be long, but this is what I want."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen turned from the windows and smiled,

"Good. That's what is important. You have a firm destiny ahead of you. Something that you must choose for yourself. The Force will guide you here. Remember to seek it often. Remember to meditate daily that it might walk beside you every day. Patience. Think. Use the Force. ...These are the words that will prosper you."

Roberts nodded to herself and retreated to her jacket. Inside she withdrew a Datacron that contained my archives. This would be Jyfo's personal textbook.

"Here. Within this datacron are numerous articles about the Jedi histories. Inside you will find topics and I recommend for you to browse them at your own leisure. Learn and grow, and discover this journey for yourself. And remember? ...There is always more to learn. Hehe."

She paused to consider their training thus far,

"Tell me Jyfo? Do you believe you have grasped the art of meditation? Do you firmly believe that you can access the Force whenever you want to? ...Do you feel ready to proceed?"

___

*ooc: That datacron now represents your character's ability to access Wookieepedia and My Blog. You may now assume that your character has access to all these things IC. Learn to use them. :D

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

"Thank you, Master," Jyfo said as he received the datacron. "I will use it often." I never had anything like this back home, he thought amusingly. The whole of Jedi history in his fingertips. It was simply fascinating.

"And I do feel like I have learned how to meditate. I will be sure to do it early and often. I feel I am ready to proceed." Jyfo bowed and awaited his Master's next teaching.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smiled and nodded her head. Good. He was ready to move on.

"Excellent. I myself was trained as a Jedi Knight on Tython during the early years of our new Galactic Republic. Roughly 7 years ago. During that time I have learned many skills and traditions of the various Jedi Orders. So my next question will be? ...What would you like to learn next?"

She giggled and put her jacket back down nearer the door. Being an Independent Force Master, Karen did not use the traditional teaching methods of the Ossus Jedi Academy. She simply taught her students whatever they wanted to know, anytime they asked.

"If you are not comfortable asking for specific skills? Or you would simply like a chance to read and study first? ...You are free to do so. We are in no hurray. Fondor is a big city, after all. I can easily wait. Hehe."

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

What do I want to learn? Jyfo had to think carefully. He had decent skills with the lightsaber, so that could be postponed, but he had yet to really learn a Force skill. He now knew his answer. "If you don't mind, I would really like to learn some basic Force techniques, like how to push and pull things. Basically, telekinesis."

Jyfo had tried practicing that on his own years ago, but most attempts were ineffective. Learning telekinesis seemed like a good place to start.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Good pick. Early movement techniques and telekinesis lessons would put Jyfo on par with any Jedi Padawan. It was a very appropriate path to take.

"Sure. Give me a moment to visit the other office. I'll be right back."

Three minutes went by as Karen left the dojo to visit the corner office of the 49th floor. When she returned, Roberts was caring three sphere-shaped Sweeper Droids. The kind commonly used to clean a business office during the night shift. They were deactivated and quite heavy.

"Okay. These will work perfectly."

She set down the three spheres and then took a seat on the mats. Arranging the droids out in front of her in a simple line.

"Let's start with meditation again. Sit down across from me and clear your mind. Feel the Force, flowing through you. When you have returned to your center. Your peaceful place. Then reach out with your feelings. See if you can begin to perceive this room and contents through the Force."

She nodded.

"It may take you some time to adapt to your Force Senses. Be patient as you stretch out with your feelings. Seeing through the Force is no easy task. Percieving your surroundings could take a moment of getting used to."

Karen motioned for Jyfo to begin.

[member="Jyfo Draav"]

Jyfo

Jyfo complied and sat down again. He fought the nervous excitement down and focused on clearing his mind. One by one, his thoughts fled and his mind gradually emptied and he was calm. Slowly, he felt the Force beckoning to him. He remembered to not reach out it to it, but let it come to him. Soon it embraced him. His awareness began to increase. Instead of the darkness of his closed eyes, the dojo started to form in his mind. He felt just as if they were open and he was scanning the room.

In his mind, Jyfo found the four walls, [member="Karen Roberts"], the three spherical droids; he could almost feel every edge to them, their texture. It was... incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom