Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Into the Unknown

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Joran Del-Finn Joran Del-Finn

After arriving at the Cyrillia spaceport in her fighter, Valery walked down the long hallways and sat down at a table in the waiting room. She had agreed to meet Joran Del-Finn Joran Del-Finn here after they discussed the possibility to work together on a mission she had taken on. It required a good pilot and while she was an excellent combat pilot, this was more about navigating and safely flying through an incredibly dangerous region of space. It was known as the Hellhoop, and countless ships had already disappeared in the asteroid belts that surrounded it, or because of whatever was out there.

In the past, a dangerous cult attacked those who went inside but with their destruction, it seemed as if the region would quiet down. Yet, that was no longer the case — ships were still disappearing and after connecting with the Force for answers, Valery got the feeling something much darker was happening in there. So to investigate it, she planned to hire an expert pilot who could also hold his own when confronted with trouble.

That's why she had contacted Joran Del-Finn Joran Del-Finn .

So until he arrived at the spaceport, she would patiently wait with her gear ready.

Joran Del-Finn

Smuggler by day. Snuggler by night.
“You! Yes, You! You need droid, I can tell.” A tall grey-green scaled reptilian alien surrounded by pit droids shouted to Joran in huttese.

“How much then?” Joran asked the merchant. Joran was nearly as tall as the alien standing more than six and a half feet tall with skin the shade of burned copper.

“Best deal on the whole station.” The merchant said pulling out a datapad sure that he had a sale. “You be very happy.”

“I’ll have two. Get them loaded by the time I get back to my ship.” Joran had never in nearly fifty years of living and far more than half of that flying a space freighter, owned a droid but He had quite recently come into a windfall of credits thanks to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , a well regarded and imposing Jedi Master who just happened to be Joran’s ancestor from nearly a thousand years in the past. It was a complicated and confusing thing to get into but Joran was never one to look a gift tauntaun in the mouth.

After providing the droid dealer with the information the man would need to transport Joran’s new droids he made his way to a waiting area. His dark brown eyes framed by age lines scanned the room as he walked in. the room was not overly packed, this was not the most popular of stops it would seem, but that did not make it empty, There was a family of rodians, four duros standing around a towering ithorian and maybe a dozen pykes but his gaze lingered on a woman sitting alone.

“Valery? A pleasure to meet you in person.” He extended a hand to the Jedi with whom he had been scheduled to meet. Joran’s outfit was unremarkable, a long white sleeve shirt, a pair of cargo pants, and workman’s boots. The only thing that made him stand out was the two blaster pistols he had tucked in a set of shoulder holsters.

“Joran Del-Finn at your service. Well if we can work out a price. ‘S there anywhere more comfortable to negotiate? A bar or somefin?”

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

While she waited, Valery was idly looking out in front of her at nothing in particular, her mind drifting off to the upcoming mission or other things in life. It wasn't often she had time to daydream like this, but when she did, she made the most out of it. After a little while though, a voice drew her back to reality, and she found herself looking up at the incredibly tall man.

"Valery? A pleasure to meet you in person."

Valery blinked, looked up, and got up to her feet to shake the offered hand,
"That's right, a pleasure to meet you Joran," Valery said with a warm smile as she held a firm grip. While his outfit was rather simplistic, Valery stood in her typical Jedi gear, and her double-bladed weapon was visible on her belt as well — this wasn't some easy exploration mission, she was prepared.

"A bar?" Valery glanced around and nodded, "Most spaceports have cantinas, and I think I spotted one. This way, drinks are on me." With the man hopefully right behind her, she stepped into the cantina, which was likely the most crowded area of the spaceport. People of all species sat around tables with food and drinks, and even at the bar itself there were plenty getting drunk.

"Just a cup of tea for me, and...?" she looked at Joran, giving him the chance to order what he wanted. When the bartender knew what to prepare, he stepped away and left the two to themselves for a moment. "So, in terms of payment, what are you asking? The area we're going to is dangerous so I understand it'll cost more, but I hope we can work something out," she said with a rather charismatic smile.

Joran Del-Finn

"...This way, drinks are on me." The Jedi said before turning and walking away. He admired her athletic frame as she walked ahead of him, he was unsurprised at her beauty but she was younger than the impression he had gotten from their brief correspondence. They're always young, he thought.

"Just a cup of tea for me, and...?" she looked at Joran, giving him the chance to order what he wanted.

"Three fingers of brandy. Neat. Top shelf." The bartender just nodded and went about getting their drinks

"So, in terms of payment, what are you asking? The area we're going to is dangerous so I understand it'll cost more, but I hope we can work something out," she said with a rather charismatic smile.

He returned her a charismatic smile of his own. Bright, shining, practiced, and perfected over decades, it was a very winning smile.

"First, Love we drink." He said as the bartender dropped off their order. "A toast to fruitful business." He took a light sip of his brandy and savored its smooth burn.

"Second, I don't know what to charge until I know exactly what the job is but if you're eager to pay I can tell you besides this lovely drink you bought me, I need charge you for refueling fees, you'll have to cover my fee to be docked here and beyond that five hundred credits for my time as I sit and listen to your proposed proposition. 'S that sound 'right wif you, den?"

He had his most charming tone and smile to match as he took another sip from his glass and waited to hear her response.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery dipped her head to the bartender after Joran ordered his drink, and turned around to lean back against the counter while she looked up at him. He seemed to be a bit of a personality — it reminded her a little of Caltin, although she didn't know the man too well to be certain. Either way, she followed along and took a small sip of the hot tea.

"Second, I don't know what to charge until I know exactly what the job is but if you're eager to pay I can tell you besides this lovely drink you bought me, I need charge you for refueling fees, you'll have to cover my fee to be docked here and beyond that five hundred credits for my time as I sit and listen to your proposed proposition. 'S that sound 'right wif you, den?"

The woman tilted her head slightly and realized that this whole thing was going to cost her a lot. But because the mission was in the interest of the Jedi, it didn't come from her own pocket. She just wanted to make sure she wasn't throwing around credits too easily,
"Your expenses will be covered, the fee for this meeting included," Valery said to assure the man before she went for another sip.

"As for the job, I need a pilot to take me into a region of space called the Hellhoop. It's surrounded by an asteroid belt and incredibly hard to navigate through, but the real danger lies beyond it. Countless ships have disappeared there in the past, prior to the destruction of a cult that sat there waiting. But recently, there has been an increase in activity, and several ships have disappeared."

"I was tasked with investigating it, but I'm no expert at navigation. So I was hoping that you could be my pilot to get in there, and beyond that, I don't expect anything. But it's important that you're prepared to defend yourself, just in case something happens."

Valery then brought a hand up through her long hair to tuck aside some loose strands behind her ear, before turning to her tea again, "How does this sound?"

Joran Del-Finn

The Hellhoop?

Karking hell.
He should take his five hundred credits and say thanks but no thanks. Any captain that has been traveling the stars as long as Joran Del-Finn knew of the reputation of the Hellhoop. System ruining asteroids that waited for foolhardy pilots to smash their ships to smithereens and if one managed to make their way through untold parsecs of ship smashing satellites while system blind all they had to look forward to was vast swaths of nothing that hid dangerous cults, pirates, slavers, and mysteries that went far beyond tales told by explorers.

Traveling through an impenetrable field of asteroids to potentially face down a cult. Time was a flat circle.

Joran motioned to the bartender to top off his drink. Once the man was finished pouring Joran left a couple of credit chips on the bar so the Jedi would not think he was taking advantage of her hospitality.

“It sounds…open-ended,” Joran told her before taking another sip from his freshly filled glass.

“Tell you what, three thousand credit flat fee to take you through the asteroid belt after that? Depends on what kind of chit we actually find out there, could be nothing. If it’s nothing, it’ll be what? Let’s say three hundred credits a day plus fuel costs, amenities such as they are will be included, of course; a gift to you. If it turns out to be more than nothing, well we will cross that threshold as it comes.”

“More than fair I’d say, yeah?” Joran waited to hear her response. If it were yes, then they would toast once more if it was no, well then the toasting would wait until they were both similarly unhappy.

Last edited:

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

He was asking for quite a lot of credits, and it could easily become a lot more if the mission turned out to be dangerous. Considering the place they were heading into, that was a very likely thing as well, so this was going to be pricy. But if something out there was causing people to disappear in great numbers again, it would be worth the cost.

"That's... a fair deal," Valery said with a soft smile before she raised her cup of tea. It was an odd drink to use in a toast, but it was all she had. After their glasses connected, she raised her drink back to her lips and took a sip.

"I'll get the initial payment transferred and then I'll be ready to head out there when you are. It's not far from where we are now, so that should make things easier. Of course, if you want to make any preparations first, please do go ahead."

Especially preparations for his ship were important — the last thing she wanted was for it to sustain any damage due to poor preparations because she would have to pay for it. Other than that, he likely needed weapons and maybe even armor. There was no way to know exactly what was out there waiting for them, but it was almost a guarantee that some trouble would be in the hellhoop.

"Is there anything else you want to know or ask before we get things rolling?"

Joran Del-Finn

“Oya!” Joran knocked back the rest of his drink after Valery agreed to his terms. A successful negotiation was always worth celebrating even if he had agreed to potentially dive into a nest of angry gundarks.

“Once the ship is fueled, Love, we can be off. I’ll be going to make sure that everything is in ship shape. You’re welcome to come wif or take care of whateva other business you got.”

He left the bar not waiting to see if she got up to follow. He traced his way back down the same corridors he’d taken to arrive. Though the walkways were filled with life and the constant din of sound coming from chatting patrons or overhead speaker announcements was hard to ignore, Joran barely noticed them.

He was further away, twenty years in the past, sitting in a different bar, negotiating with different Jedi, agreeing to fly through a different asteroid belt. This time would end differently. He hoped.

His thoughts carried him all the way to his ship. The Perseverance was by all accounts an absolute beauty of a ship. A classically designed VXC-100 light freighter, she was a picture of antiquity but inside her systems were state of the art, all recently upgraded to whatever the latest market item was, thanks to Caltin’s generous inheritance.

“An absolute beaut, int she?” Joran asked the Jedi.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Once the ship is fueled, Love, we can be off. I'll be going to make sure that everything is in ship shape. You're welcome to come wif or take care of whateva other business you got."

"Just Valery is fine," she said, referring to him calling her love again, "But I'll come with you. I don't have anything I need to prepare and it might be a good idea that I familiarize myself with the ship." She offered him a smile this time and quickly finished up her cup of tea. After setting the glass away, she dipped her head at the bartender and followed Joran out of the cantina.

With him taking point, the two made their way over to the ship in the hangar area he was currently paying for. Valery wasn't really all too familiar with different ship types, but his seemed like the real deal, and it was certainly taken care of properly. It gave her an additional confidence boost in the mission because even a good pilot needs a decent ship to make into the hellhoop.

"An absolute beaut, int she?" Joran asked the Jedi.

"Very much so," Valery said as she looked the vessel up and down again. But she was more interested in seeing the interior, so the two went inside and she'd allow him any time he needed to get his ship ready, "Once we get going, is there anything you'd like me to help you with? The piloting is up to you, but I might be able to assist in tracking the asteroids."

She wasn't sure if that was going to be needed at all, but it didn't hurt to offer her help.

"If you prefer to have me just sit tight and leave it to you, that's fine as well," she said with a smirk, as she made her way over to the cockpit with Joran, so she could sit down, buckle up and get ready for the dangerous journey.

Joran Del-Finn

The two of them walked the loading ramp into his ship. His home since he was sixteen years old, Joran could walk the halls in the pitch dark and be able to stop and point out every scuff, scorch mark, or missing screw. Of everything Joan loved in this life, his ship, The Perseverance, that was the one thing to never leave him.

He had newer modeled ships with newer features and functions again courtesy of his familial relationship with the Jedi Caltin Vanagor but Joran was always drawn back to the ancient former slave ship that he had grown up loving. He wondered if the Jedi could feel the blood that had failed to wash from their past. He had never had the chance to ask N’tasha.

He led the Jedi Master through the ship giving her a tour of it.

“‘Ere we have the commons.” He said, stepping halfway into a fairly open room. The floors were tiled and there were five communal tables each with room for four to sit and a kitchen, with all the basics, upgraded to their finest quality of course.

“If you want to eat there’s food. Refrigeration unit spose to be the best on the market. Keeps food fresh three times longer than any other or some such, still to be safe, getting at the fruits and meats sooner than later would be smart, yeah? Bantha steaks in there, nooba fruit and django berries as well, bar comes stocked too, if that’s your sort of fing.”

That was very much Joran’s sort of thing. In the past he’d even had a rule where if a passenger poured themselves a drink, they had to pour him one as well. He decided he would let that rule slide with the Jedi here.

They continued on their tour heading toward the cockpit.

“This is crew quarters.” He gestured to a door as they went by. “Your welcome to them if you’d like or there is co-captains quarters further up the hall nearer to the controls and all that. Co-captains room would be open enough for your meditations but if you like to practice swinging your lightsaber, crew quarters are even bigger and probably the way to go.” Joran had transported his share of Jedi on The Perseverance in the past, so his insight on these matters was solid.

Finally they came to the end of the hall, at its head it branched off to three separate doors.

“That’s my room.” Joran said pointing to the door on the left. “Co-captain’s is on the right and this one in the middle…” the door swooshed open revealing the control room and pilots seats. A smile spread across the old spacer’s face. Memories lifted his heart, decades old scenes that replayed every time he opened that door. Giant dark blue hands on his shoulder as he sat in the pilot’s seat for the first time. Joran, barely more than a child looking up and seeing a great broad grin on the houk, who was his mentor’s face. A smile he had never seen on the face of his own father.

Joran took his seat and began flipping switches and pushing buttons, the engines of the ship firing to life.

“You’re welcome to the other chair or if you’d rather get comfortable in your room, you’re welcome to it. Your help if you're willing to give it would be greatly appreciated but in no way are you required to help me do the job you're paying me for.”

*************************************************************************************************************

Some time later the ship having flown through the void of space for some hours.

Joran stared through a cloud of cigar smoke out through the ship's viewport at a sea of floating mountains. Great towering oblong shapes made of frozen rock. It was like staring into the teeth of the universe itself and they wanted nothing more than to gnash and gnaw at him and his ship until there was nothing left, returning him and the Jedi back to the cosmos.

“Whatchu say den, Val? Chu, ready to go into the unknown?”

Last edited:

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

While she followed Joran through the ship for the tour, Valery took note of everything he explained. She wasn't really interested in meditating, training, or even eating right now though — her mind was entirely focused on the mission ahead of them, which was going to be quite the challenging one. Valery also wasn't used to having to place her trust in someone she hardly knew for such a crucial part of the mission, so she preferred to keep herself busy.

"You're welcome to the other chair or if you'd rather get comfortable in your room, you're welcome to it. Your help if you're willing to give it would be greatly appreciated but in no way are you required to help me do the job you're paying me for."

"This can be life or death, so I'd be happy to help," Valery said, as she walked over to the co-pilot seat and lowered herself in it. She understood where he was coming from with his comment about getting paid for this, but it would be beneficial to develop some trust and cooperation early during the mission.

Who knows what they were going to encounter out there.

The two then finally took off from the spaceport and spent a few hours traveling to the outer edges of the hellhoop. Valery took the time to run herself through a few mental techniques she learned to stay centered, but she also spent some time familiarizing herself with the instruments in front of her. If she was going to help him, that would help out a great deal.

But eventually, the dense belt of asteroids finally became visible, and Valery spent a moment focusing on the Force. She could feel the danger out there, and it was from far more than just the asteroids. They were at the right place, and now it was time to make the big step. If they were to go inside, there was no returning until the mission was complete.

"Whatchu say den, Val? Chu, ready to go into the unknown?"

Glancing over to him, she nodded,
"Ready as I'll ever be, take us in. I'll monitor the belt for movement or other strange things, but let me know if you need me somewhere else," she said as her focused turned to the instruments. "I don't expect too much trouble here, but once we're inside... I have a feeling something or someone is waiting for us there."

Joran Del-Finn

“Let’s not keep them waiting then.”

The Perseverance and its two passengers drifted along almost lazily through the sea of satellites or at least that is how it seemed to a casual observer. Captain Del-Finn had a half smoked cigar clenched between his teeth and hands clutched almost white knuckled on the controls as he guided his precious ship, his home, his whole life through the asteroid field. Some of the rocks were no bigger than a tauntaun and others dwarfed his ship, the size of some modest space stations. Imperceptible movements of the controls kept the ship from catching in the gravity fields of the larger asteroids and the occasional thunk let the crew know that one of the smaller chunks of rock bounced off the hull of the ship.

Every thunk or thud caused Joran to scrunch his face or clench his teeth, he had already bitten through two cigars, spitting and pulling paper and dried tobacco from his teeth. Normally the shielding should have kept anything from doing any real damage as the traversed the field but the massive magnetic energy that bounced between the ungodly metal and ice behemoths had caused the ships systems to go hysterical. Already Joran had got his money's worth on the two droids he had bought in Cyrilla's space station. Naming them "Clang" and "Bang", thirce the droids had to be called on to reboot the thrusters so that he and Valert would not be stuck floating amongst the rocks. The last time the engines went down however it took nearly an hour of Joran and the droids working on them before finally having to concede and divert power from other systems, namely the shields to get them moving again but in that regard the Jedi had proved her worth more than once being quicker on the uptake than his state of the art sensors and warning of potential danger. The Force truly was a wonder.

"So you do this much?" He asked Valery. "Travel wif men like me, I mean. There weren't no Jedi nor republic pilots, men with better reputations you could drag froo dis place?" Joran was not complaining, no, he was glad for the work but was still a bit curious about the Jedi who hired him. Joran had a history with Jedi beyond being related to one, having worked with several in his youth. The best of them was N'tasha, a Twi'lek Jedi who herself would've chosen to hire a smuggler instead of using more traditional means of transport.

Clang or maybe it was bang made a series of odd little droid noises and the systems in the ship flickered a few times before the sensor array flooded with information.

"Looks like we are coming to the end of the asteroid field."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"It's even worse than I imagined..."

Valery's eyes had the unique trait of her people that they were much more capable at looking through the darkness of space. They could pick up on the UV light from distant stars, or the Infrared light from universal bodies that radiated even just a little bit of heat. What it meant right now was that she could see the huge belt of asteroids very clearly, from the smallest chunks to the largest formations. So each small impact that happened, Valery saw coming from a distance away.

But still, hearing them and feeling the tremors through the metallic hull was something else. She wasn't really one to get overly nervous about anything, but this region of space had been called the hellhoop for a reason. Its reputation was well-earned, so even Valery felt tense as they got deeper and deeper inside.

There was no way back anymore, only forward to the very end.

"So you do this much?" He asked Valery. "Travel wif men like me, I mean. There weren't no Jedi nor republic pilots, men with better reputations you could drag froo dis place?"

Valery blinked and looked away from the window to focus on the conversation — that would likely be a decent distraction,
"I work with all kinds of people. There aren't as many Jedi as there once were, and military pilots are difficult to get for the odd jobs like this. As long as I can trust someone's skills enough, I don't mind working with anybody," she said with a slight nod. "So I suppose I do this often enough, although something as dangerous as this... probably not."

She chuckled to herself and turned her eyes back out through the cockpit window — they were getting close to making it through. "If you can, keep the ship steady just before we exit the asteroids. They create interference that help keep us undetected. But we can perform a quick scan ahead to make sure we don't run into trouble."

Joran Del-Finn

The Perseverance steadied it's course, almost coming to a complete stop near the edge of the asteroid field.

"Shields up!" Joran roared at Clang or maybe it was Bang after being struck once again with a hard thud causing the whole ship to shake and shiver. What was the point of a kriffing droid if it didn't know what to do before it was told. It took a moment before the gentle hum of active shielding filled the cabin space they occupied. Another thud but this time no shaking, the shields were holding up.

"Run scans" Joran instructed the droids who immediately obliged. It didn't take long for Bang, no, Clang to transfer the scan results to Joran's own screen.

"Hmm," he said, taking a large pull of his cigar and exhaling, filling the cabin with smoke. "Life support systems are on, power is weak though, no life to the engines but…ah, something alive." He said all this in not a whisper but a low voice to himself, like someone reading the holonews over breakfast.

"Take a look." Joran put the scan results on Valery's monitor.

"This, the kind of fing you came lookin for?”

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"This is exactly what I'm looking for,"

Valery looked over the scan results, and let out a soft sigh. It was a stranded ship with life support systems operational, but the most disturbing part was that people were still alive inside. That meant that whoever had caused it to be stranded left people behind to slowly die from whatever problem would overcome them first.

"Let's take a closer look and see if we can help them out," Valery said as she looked up at Joran. "But I also want to try and figure out what happened there. I have a bad feeling that they were attacked, so I want to know more about them, and if there's something I can do to stop it from happening again."

She then paused and sighed again, "I know that likely is going to cost extra because we can run into trouble, but this is important. No matter the price, I'd like you to come along and help me help these people."

Valery looked out through the window and focused on the derelict ship for a moment longer. Finally, she nodded and convinced herself it was time to get moving, "Can you bring us to a docking port and we'll get inside?"

Joran Del-Finn

No matter the price.

Joran could not help but smile at that. There was another young Jedi he had know that had the same way of thinking but neither she or Joran had known exactly how high the price would end up being.

"Can you bring us to a docking port and we'll get inside?" She asked.

“I believe that is something I can do.” Joran answered as he fired up the thrusters and took a cautious tact to getting The Perseverance over to the dead ship and docked. Before actually committing his ship to being stuck to the helpless one he attempted a hailing frequency a number of times. Nothing came through, no answer, no static, nothing. Either the comms were shot and that was possible or who or whatever was aboard was not able to answer.

Once the two ships were safely attached via airlock, Joran popped the door open from their side.

“Please don’t think I’m not a gentleman but I wager it’s best if you go first, L-” He stopped himself from calling her “Love” the habit was reflexive but even the first few times it had come out, it hadn’t felt right. Not after Nei.

“It looks like there is a control panel for the airlock door.” Joran said, looking down the tunnel. “But if the power is shot, it’s gonna take your lightsaber to get that thing open, that or I send one of the droids.” He pointed a thumb back toward Clang and Bang.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Please don't think I'm not a gentleman but I wager it's best if you go first, L-"

Valery chuckled at the fact that he caught himself and nodded,
"Oh no, I understand," she said as she got up from her seat to make her way over to the door, "Getting inside won't be a probl-" she stopped as the ship suddenly began to vibrate heavily from something. Her eyes shifted back to the instruments, and quickly to Joran after.

"A tractor beam."

From the outer hull of the derelict ship, a tractor beam made sure the Perseverance would not be able to depart. But even with it activated, comm channels were dead and they received no warning or message about what was going on.

"This is definitely a trap, but we aren't going anywhere with that tractor beam still on us. So... we'll have to spring it," she said before she finally walked over to the door and tapped against it with her fingertips. Almost instantly, large cracks formed in the metal and the whole door shattered into tiny fragments.

"Tractor beam controls are on the bridge, but we can try to find its power source as well. What do you think?" She stepped into a dark hallway within the large ship and looked around. There was no immediate sign that people were out there, but she could sense some, and their scans had pointed at numerous signals too.

Were they friend or foe?

Joran Del-Finn

That's not good. He thought as the ship began to hum and vibrate strongly.

"A tractor beam." Valery said to him, her eyes full of realization as the ship vibrated so fully that his teeth almost chattered.

"This is definitely a trap, but we aren't going anywhere with that tractor beam still on us. So... we'll have to spring it," The Jedi said.

"Aye, probably, or maybe they're just concerned that the docking port isn't stable enough to keep us connected." He suggested not at all convincingly. There was no doubt in his mind that she was right and that they were headed into something unpleasant. He messed around with the pistols he had holstered, two on his shoulders and on one on each hip, flipping the safety off on each gun and making sure they all had full power cells.

That's really not good. He thought as he watched the door shatter like it was made from children's building blocks.

"Tractor beam controls are on the bridge, but we can try to find its power source as well. What do you think?" She asked him as he followed her into her darkened hallway.

"Someone had to turn the tractor beam on, most like from the bridge. It would be rude to make them wait any longer, don'chu fink?"

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Aye, probably, or maybe they're just concerned that the docking port isn't stable enough to keep us connected."

"I wish," Valery said with a slight smirk. She knew that he understood what kind of situation they were actually in, but it was too amusing to joke around a little bit. She then stepped past the shattered door and looked around one more time. He agreed that the bridge was likely the best place to go, so they could not only deactivate it but also deal with the people responsible.

But just finding a power source was probably easier...

"Hmm, you're right. As much as I want to avoid too much trouble, I don't think we can this time. Let's go to the bridge." The woman looked at Joran one more time and nodded as he got his weapons ready. He seemed capable enough, and she was able to provide him with cover if necessary too. Something the people waiting for them likely didn't have.

Valery then began to lead the way through the ship, and at first, everything seemed rather quiet. But as they got closer to a junction ahead, she stopped and raised a hand to signal him to wait as well,
"We got a few of them waiting to ambush us there. I'll spring their little trap, and you engage while they are focused on me."

She wasn't going to wait and suddenly moved forward again. And as expected, several thugs jumped into the hallway and opened fire on her. Two violet blades ignited from her saberstaff, and she began to quickly deflect the incoming fire, while she hoped Joran could easily pick them off.

Joran Del-Finn

The Jedi's hand shot Io and made the universal signal to hold and Joran obeyed immediately. He had never worked with this Jedi before and despite the fact that she paid for his service she wasn't really his boss but Joran had been raised as a soldier since he was a wee bairn and spent many years working with different Jedi and so when Valery said wait, that's what he did.

"We got a few of them waiting to ambush us there. I'll spring their little trap, and you engage while they are focused on me." She told him, evidently sensing the danger ahead of them through The Force. Joran had no time to even respond with a quip or sarcastic suggestion before Valery had thrown herself into the fray, lightsaber drawn and blaster bolts flying.

Their attackers were not professionals. The timing of their blasts were erratic and he'd had better aim by the time he was nine. They'd also failed at rule number one in a fire fight: protect yourself.

All four attackers were huddled together hardly an arms length apart from one another, if Val moved her arms or adjusted her grip even a few centimeters she could've easily put these amateurs down cold. Maybe she wanted it to be a clean end for them and hadn't known they would be falling all over themselves to be the first one to die, though it was just as likely they had not been expecting to face a Jedi and a…someone like Joran.

If she had hoped Joran would take a non lethal approach to this engagement, she was going to be disappointed. The pistol from his left shoulder holster was pulled free and half a dozen shots later was tucked safely back in, smoke billowing gently from the muzzle. All four attackers lay strewn on the floor, two with a single smoking hole in their heads and the other two with a matching one in the chest . Six shots, six hits.

Joran pulled his communicator from his pocket, an idea having just struck.

"Clang. Bang. Copy, yeah." Nothing, not even static on the other end.

"Chit. Comma aren't just down, they being jammed. I figured we could send the droids to go find the power source for the tractor beam but I can't get through. Back to the bridge then or you fink we should split up?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom