Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Depths (Templar, PM to join)

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
He might be falling into some money with his new position, but that wasn’t going to change Marek Starchaser. He was going to do his job, of course, and make things work between Haor Chall and the CIS, but he also was going to live his life. And that meant, apparently, mastering this Force side of him. It was going to help him survive in the future, after all, wasn’t it? That’s what his father always taught him. And that was what he learned from the Zeison Sha, as well.

Probably why he was still doing things his own way. Though, the extra funds were nice and he was able to put some money down on an MC15 shuttle. Not exactly Corellian engineering, but still, the Mon Cal crafts were able to be modified, and this one was set up for everything he needed. Marek was a Seeker of the Templar, and he was not going to needing to fight, just run, and transport. His ship could carry the cargo airspeeder, something he was hoping to swap out for a sportier model, and he wanted to lose two of the swoops, that would give more gear for him to carry, and return with.

He had a lot of plans, but right now, there wasn’t much going on. He was on his homeworld. Well, only really his homeworld by association and upbringing. Corellia was great, but Marek was a child of many other worlds. But he was here to represent his homeworld. While he had taken the trip to Dac to purchase his new ship, he had taken the time to do some diving, one of his favorite activities, and came up with shards of ultima pearls, perfect for his lightsaber.

Not to focus, but for the casing. To represent himself. He had done a fair bit of time on his own imaging his weapon. And the missing piece was the focusing crystal. He knew what color it was going to be, and where to find those.

Orange, the color found in the caves under the water on this world.

Lucky for him, his ship was from Mon Cal, time to test the water capabilities of it. Finding a landing zone not far from the water, and far enough astray that his combat droid wasn’t going to need to do much defense, he smiled. Landing was simple, and then he was prepping his gear. “You okay with water?” He smirked as he started to pull out the second set of air tanks. He wasn’t sure how long they’d be down, but the Force would help.

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I didn't have a ship of my own. I hated that fact. But even as that may, I was a Templar Seeker as well. Though with a Side job as a Ranger, I still liked my usual hunts for holocrons, or other materials to use. Such as Fireworm scales, and the jem that was placed under their tongue. With my lightsaber on my belt, I fitted my Green Templar ring to my right ring finger. Wearing my normal clothes of jeans and a black leather jacket with hood down. On the inside of my jacket was a pit holster that held the soon to be outdated Imp blaster pistol.

I was ready to help this man, @[member="Marek Starchaser"] I think it was? His name fitted nicely with his title of a seeker. Starchaser. Wasn't is also the name of a ship? oh well. The words of if I was okay with water, I simply stayed quiet as I didn't know if the man was talking to himself, or to me. Instead, I changed the subject. "Now what crystal have we come here for exactly?" I wanted to make sure that both of us were looking for the right thing. "Make sure we are on the same page, right?"

@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

The ship was nice. Marek wasn’t going to complain. Sure, it wasn’t Corellian engineering, but Mon Cal was just as well, sometimes better. And for his uses, it was. He could always buy a second ship once the paychecks from Haor Chall rolled in. That was actually a really tempting idea. One and one, best of both worlds. The CEC craft would be useful for any military operations, but the travel in the Mon Cal ship was nice. He would make it home yet.

Sure, he was new to the Order, but he did have his super secret decoder ring Templar Signet Ring. That was something important, maybe more important that finding these crystals. Running a hand through his hair, Marek checked the two oxygen tanks. Perfect and ready.

Taking his shirt off, to reveal his slick suit. Having a tank on bare skin wasn’t worth the marks and rubbing the skin raw. “Well, I was born here. Its as close to any home as I can claim, barring a ship and the Confederacy.” He spoke while he was checking the equipment. Once he felt confident that it was all set, he pressed to open the boarding ramp of his ship and began levitating the tanks. “So, there are crystals in the underwater caves, orange saber crystals. I’m looking for one of them.” He couldn’t remember if Kai had his own saber.

While the tanks fluttered when he bent to pick up the mesh bag with his swim fins, and dive knife, the Starchaser got the hang of it again. “I’d never park a Sea-Ee-Sea ship this close to the shore.” Small talk, right. Still, the CrossCurrent was right on the shore, not very far to get the tanks in the water now.

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I smiled and shook my head as the man started to put on swimming gear. As much as I would LOVE to do the same. I simply took off my clothes and as I did so, my body began to change. I was dressed only in pants as my body shifted by the abilities of my Shi'ido heritage. I didn't feel pain, but more so a weird changing feeling. Almost like someone was wearing brand new clothes that were too little too tight. My body was now of a Mon Calamari. Water based, and easily could swim. However, my feet were more of flippers than actual toes. Allowing me to swim farther and faster than Marek probably ever could.

"Now that's better." I spoke to myself. I then looked up at the man smiling as I grabbed my lightsaber hilt. Thinking before hand, I had a water seal put over my lightsaber for it to be used underwater should I need it. And right as I should. THe man wanted a orange crystal that was in the caves below the waterbound ship Nodding my head once in confirmation, "Alright sounds good my friend." As the bay opened water flooded into the hold. THe back was closed off to allow the rest of the ship to stay dry. I opened my hand and pushed it out of the door for him to proceed first.

"Your lead."

Corey's OOC

The slicksuit was fine for Marek. He really didn’t mind being in one, some people hated it, but it was just another bit of the water life that he had come to know and love. Every single world from Coruscant to Tatooine that had an ocean, had people who prided themselves on living near it, and it made it strange when his companion for this trip was shape shifting. “Yeah, I don’t think I’m ever gonna get used to… well… that.” The shapeshifting thing.

Though, he supposed on some companions, it could have its advantages. Right, this wasn’t that companion. Still, it saved on O2, and his other tank would be full for a while longer. That was a perk. Putting one set of the tanks back in the ship and moving the other outside, he let it fall into the water. Like the tanks were supposed to, the whole set-up floated, pulling his split fins from the bag, he held them by the heels as he strapped his dive knife to his leg. Finally, he needed to grab his spear gun.

Smirking at the Shi’ido who was holding the water back, Marek made to run into the water and kick up over to his air tanks. Now this was the way to do it. Slipping into his float-vest that had the O2 tanks attached to it, and checking his respirator and goggles, the Starchaser slipped his swim fins on. Haor Chall made a simple modification to allow Marek to remotely control the lift of his ship, and as soon as both were out, he made to close it. "Nice day for a swim, yeah?" And whatever adventure lay ahead.

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I smiled and chuckled as the man commented on my transformation into that of an amphibious species. Already in the water waiting for him. I watched as he jumped in with a tank on his back and fins in his hands. Proceeding to put them on, I activated my lightsaber. Checking that it would work, the Crimson blade flashed to life in the water. I smiled as the waterproof cover was holding up to its name. I then turned it back off as the question was said out loud of a nice day to swim. I smiled and nodded my head. "It is so."

I then let my grin widen as I put a little race on. "Lets see who can dive the fastest. The one with Tech, or natural body?" I then flipped backwards into the water and dove as fast as I possibly could. Letting the crushing weight of the water flow around me. Even here underwater I could breath as though I were on land. Which was great for me. I didn't have to waste money on buying O2 tanks or for the materials necessary to function.

Corey's OOC

Marek was definitely going to have to make the water-proof casing for his lightsaber. That was going to be the next bit, when he sat down to actually make his saber. Between the crystal, and the ultima-pearl fragments he had, his lightsaber wasn’t too far from being built. Just a few more simple things and bam, glowing blade of death. Not the brilliant red, but a fiery orange.

Who knew, maybe he’d learn to fight Jar’Kai style, and would be able to actually make one of the shotos, with the proper crystal. Old family process for making viridian synth-crystals. But first, this one, the one he saw in a dream. Or vision, was that more proper?

Tightening his grip around the spear gun, Marek nodded. “You’re on!” Calming his mind, Marek fell into the Force, he’d hopefully be able to reach to the Changling well enough, at least enough to find him. Probably no telepathy going on. Still something the Starchaser was working on. He knew his cousin was good with it, second nature, but Coren was just… Coren, he wasn’t a loner like Marek was.

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I could only smile as I was racing to the bottom. Trying to get close to where the cave systems could be. I changed my body angle. That to which I could see Marek as he was following me. I smiled as my Mon calamari sized head was acting as a knife through the water. Allowing for my body to become a bullet under the rough waves, and into the calm water underneath. I used no force powers, I didn't really need them at the moment. as I was nearing the bottom, I slowed down. deciding to not make Starchaser look like a complete slowpoke.

"Oh come on, I thought you would have been faster!'

Corey's OOC

Sure, it was going to take him some time, but really, Marek knew better than to fall into the trap the Shi’ido was, hopefully, unintentionally laying. Marek was trained to survive in the majority of the major climate zones experienced on most life sustaining worlds. By far his preferred were the tropics. He was only human, and therefore wasn’t really set to compete with the natives of any one type of climate. He knew that.

Still, it was a bit of a bother to him that he couldn’t keep up. “Alright, alright, shifter. You win!” Yeah, Marek wasn’t always the best at using names. “Speed innit gonna win this race, friend." He hoped that his smile translated over into his voice, and that it wash't 100% sarcasm. Luckily the current level of technology, and what he was able to now afford allowed for his rebreather to allow him to talk.

“Caves, my friend. They’re not going to run away, so I’m not in that much of a hurry.” Besides, look at the species here! Now if only he knew half as much as Kat. He really should get back into reading. He did a lot of it during his travels, but with the CIS life, things changed.

Kicking his legs, he kept descending into the depths. Where were these caves? The Force would bring him there, right?

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I smiled as the man gave in to my speed. However, I was not so easily thought that he would have given up. As a Templar we are taught to never give in. Despite this, I wasn't going to do anything about it. Though his comment about caves not running away I chuckled slightly. "Alright fine." I slowed myself down even more so then at his rate of speed made him at the same level I was. I looked around as he did, seeing all of this and wondering how long it took for something so grand and beautiful take so long to create in nature.

Grabbing onto my belt, a Utility belt that had a few things that we as Seekers should have, I had a flashlight powered by a battery cell. Very nicely made it was also waterproof! lucky me.

Turning it on, I flashed it down into the depths of the water and could only make out the cliffs in where we may have found caves. "Sometimes we need to use common sense to find things." I could feel that Marek was using the force to look for the caves. but even then, it was a time for him to train as well as I.

Corey's OOC

The thing with Marek, he knew when he was beat. And he knew what battles he could push, but really, when a fish was going to try to beat you in a swimming race, it was typical that you were going to lose. Besides, his eyes were on a different prize, the orange crystals at the caves. Who knew what was going to come up, and giving up on a race he had no chance of winning? That wasn’t giving up. That was preparing. Shaking his head, more to himself, Marek was sometimes singularly focused.

As a Seeker, Marek was ready for most. And as the son of the non-military Starchaser, he knew exactly how to get through most challenges. Sure, he couldn’t stand for military standards, but he could make this life work. And he really enjoyed it all.

Snapping a glowrod off his belt, the Aspirant looked down to the depths. The Force would bring him where he needed to, right? Getting down to a certain depth, he could feel the water chill. “Where is your crystal from?” Or was it not always a walk-about to find one for some people?

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

Even at the depths that we were entering, I could feel a slight chill, but with my natural fishy attitude, I kept warm and cozy. I flipped off the flashlight as we neared the cave, seeing that Marek had taken out his glowstick, I smiled. Letting him go in first to look for it would be proper since he was the one who needed the crystal in the first place.

The question came up for how I had gotten my crystal. I smiled and shook my head deciding to go into detail about my story. "I was trained by a Dark Jedi, and he loaned me one of his training sabers until I could find a suitable replacement. I never found one until the day he died. He knew that I was attached to his lightsaber, and so he gave it to me with his dying breath. Really soppy if you ask me, but I have an attachment to it. It works and functions like any other saber. So why should I change?"

it was rather "evil" looking if you wanted to put it so. A simple cylinder with three prongs at the emitter just for decoration. it looked rustic and dirty at first, but worked well and had no need of replacement.

Corey's OOC

There was a whole lot that went into being down this deep. Marek made sure he knew how prey and hunters worked. More in a way to keep surviving, but when he was younger on long trips with his folks, and with the HoloNet at his finger tips, he learned a lot. Like counter-current circulation in most cold weather and deep water species, kept them warm even in dangerously low temperatures. He wasn’t going to start doing that himself, sadly.

The caves were ahead. Marek was actually paying attention to them while listening to @[member="Kai Nariko"] go on about his blade. A Dark Jedi? Probably one of the smarter Force users in the galaxy, behind the Templar, of course. “Yeah, that makes sense. They are supposed to represent us, after all. And if its important, I’d say that counts plenty!” He was going to work on assembling a short lightsaber, and for that, he'd be using the Force to assemble a Synth crystal as was Starchaser tradition. But the first one was going to be real.

Taking a deep breath and clearing his mind, Marek approached the cave entrance. “Lets hope this cave is what we’re looking for.” He had enough O2 to make it a bit longer, but… well.

Looking up into the cave, he could feel it. Turning to look at Kai, he filled the Force with warning “Get bac—“ He was knocked over as the large serpentine creature rushed from the cave. When Marek fell over, the glow rod was knocked from his hand with the spear gun being knocked aside. Shaking his head, and moving even more sluggishly through the water, he looked up. Now he had to deal with that.

I smiled as the man went deeper into the cave. I followed him closely as he talked of how my thoughts made some sense. How a lightsaber is supposed to represent us and who we are. I liked what he had said. You know, maybe I will use that at a later date. Even as I thought more of this, he yelled out to get back, I stopped myself as a serpentine head busted out of no where. I went into action fast. Rather than fighting the beast in very close quarters, My hand lashed out to yank Marek away from the beast, and towards me.

My right hand shot out and sent a massive force push at the head, banging it against the cave. I grabbed onto Marek and led him out of the cave so he wouldn't be crushed. Once outside I let him go and looked back in. With the glowstick still there on the cave floor, I could see the small outline of the beast waiting for us. If we were going to get his crystal, we would have to go through that first.

Corey's OOC

This was why Marek was on this damned hunt anyway. The lightsaber had to mean something, and if there was any place in this galaxy he always called home, when he needed to answer it, it was Corellia. Sure, now it was anywhere in the CIS space, but his homeworld? That was the peak of the galaxy, the best place he could ever claim. Feeling his body move, Marek looked up. He needed to fight this. The cave was where he needed to go, why was Kai pulling him back?

Right, the creature falling. That was a good enough reason for him.

Looking at the creature, Marek was calling the Force to him. He knew what he could do here. If the Starchaser line was good at one thing innately, it was definitely telekinesis. And after training and fine tuning it with Master Verd, Marek was ready. “You’ve got my back, right? If this thing kills me, I don’t want it living much longer.” Marek smirked.

If he was searching for a sign, this was it. Calling the Force to him, he stepped back to the mouth of the cave. Reaching up, he knew he was going to exert himself, but he hardly ever did. Was it a trial? The Force out to make him prove himself? He stepped forward pulling rocks down from the roof of the cave.

@[member="Kai Nariko"]

I smiled as Marek decided to go back. Fighting the beast head on by using the force. But if he didn't notice it, the beast had come and probably burrowed in this exact cave. Crushing it with it's own tunnel would only distract it and piss it off. Even as he stood there. I was behind him ready to move into action.

As the rocks tumbled down upon the creature, My hands formed once more. My hands became that of claws of an unknown nature. Before Marek could even take another step, my body of a Mon Calamarian mixed with some demon arms rushed towards the beast. It's mouth opened into a screech that I had to stop. My left hand came in and gripped the upper jaw of the beast, and with my right hand, I gripped the tongue, and pulled with my own strength and that of the force.

Ripping it out entirely, I stabbed my claws up into the upper mouth of the beast. It tried to bite down on me, and as so, I was now stuck inside it's slowly closing mouth. "BRING DOWN THE ROOF!" I yelled at him. I just hoped that he could trust me and what I was doing. If he could crush down the beast's head with rubble, it could completely kill it. but as I was stuck underneath it, I would have to find a way to get out of there.

Corey's OOC

He supposed maybe even Shi’ido had a place in this galaxy, even when he wasn’t sure he knew how to handle them himself. Supposed it would probably be good to just avoid them at all costs on the field of battle. Who knew? With his new task as a CEO, that could be what he was supposed to be here to do. And that would keep him safe.

Why was Beast Mode man going after his prey? This thing was blocking him to the crystals, and it was his fight, wasn’t it? Who knew? This was the Templar, people worked together, and this was something Marek was going to have to get used to. He was going to have to trust others.

Looking up at the sound of @[member="Kai Nariko"]’s voice, Marek nodded to himself. Closing his eyes and opening up to the Force he pulled down on the rocks. He was going to have to hope that Kai was at least able to get out. Still, Marek wasn’t that confident. “Get out of there!” He called. This kill was his if he was going to get the crystal. He needed this, then maybe even he would run into certain death.

I smiled as I could hear the rubble in the water as the beast's teeth were getting closer to my arms. With the force I pushed up and then pushed backwards with the force as well. Leaving the beast alone, but with the slight cave in. It followed after me. I pushed with everything that I had and when I could go no more, I let myself go. Only to hear the rumbling stop and with my eye closed, I breathed in finally as I had been holding my breath in.

looking around to myself I was just out of the cave and seeing that it had crumbled in on itself. I smiled. "Looks like we are going to be digging now."

Corey's OOC

Marek was going to pull the whole cave down if he kept it up. What he wanted was to take the beast out. Knock it out, stun it, kill it. Make it a non-issue. Once that was done, he’d be able to get in, and find his crystal. Maybe there really was something to these hunts, where you needed to do something you weren’t used to. And for Marek, that would definitely be team work. Something he was going to have to d within the Templar.

When the cave fell in, he looked to his companion. Right, @[member="Kai Nariko"] was okay. Wasn’t it? “You alright?” Marek wanted to make sure of that, leave no man behind, and what not. “Can’t hear the creature any more.” Or was it feel? Regardless, he was going to call it a critter, but still, that thing did bug Marek’s cool. No reason to tease it.

But right, digging. “Hopefully any crystal in there isn’t destroyed.”

As for myself, I didn't know if I was okay. My hands reverted back to their normal, well Mon Calamari hands, and patting myself over I only had a few scratches from the falling debris. looking to him I could tell that I was alittle shaky, adrenaline was pumping into my bloodstream still. "Yeah I'll be fine, just alittle shaky." I then looked at the cave entrance, seeing that some of it was caved in, but most of the integrity held.

"I can't either, and crystals are hard, I doubt that it's broken." Crystals were known to last many types of explosions that were worse than just rocks falling on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom