Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into Shadow, Under Shade

Pyro

P
"What kind of people?" Pyro glanced over at Ultimatum, who looked like he wanted to ask her something, then decided not to. She would ask him about that once her conversation was done.

"I don't usually get to travel, this is the first planet I've been to in at least a Standard year."

Pyro looked over to the bar where a young woman looked like she was going to have a heart attack, poor girl. she willed the room temperature to rise a few degrees.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Darth Pikiran"] [member="Vesta the Coward"]

[member=pyro]
"Many people.... crime lords, bounty hunters, jedi, sith.... so on" She responded to the young woman. "A standard year, it must be hard to get off your planet then, things to do. Where you from?" Kalyn responded.

[member=ultimatum] [member=darth pikiran] [member=vesta the coward]

Matreya

Damien nodded, offering his best calming smile, "I hear that there is a batch of stygium there. A few buddies of mine are all meeting up with me here to go purchase mining rights." He gestured to the Droid, "There, his name is Ultimatum, and he is quite the companion, if I do say so. Been in a few tight spots with him!" Hopefully by introducing the youth to his allies, she would see that he was not the danger she percieved him to be.

Was he harmless? Far from it. Yet, without the cause for action, or the draw of the Darkside that was known to arise within, he tended to never begin a battle unnecessarily.

Placing down a small chip, a hundred creds, he smiled again, "Buy yourself whatever you like. Don't ask what its for - its a spurr of the moment thing okay?" He ended his statement then headed for Ultimatu.

[member="Vesta the Coward"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Pyro"]

Ultimatum was leaning gently on the wall behind him, it was not a necessary gesture, but one that he hoped would keep a low profile and lower apparent threat to people who did look his way. He was intimidating enough as it was. He would have to build himself a less impressive body one of these days, maybe some small and cuddly if that were possible for a droid.... or at least something more human in appearance perhaps that would remove most of the fear.

He nodded to [member="Darth Pikiran"] as he got closer, he grinned as he humorously asked, "Hitting on girls in the bar? Is that an organic concept?" The last question was asked a little more seriously than the former, as he was still learning some of the organic humor tastes.

[member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Pyro"] [member="Vesta the Coward"]

Matreya

Damien laughed, "While, yes that is a custom, she is way to young for me." He said as held out a hand to Ultimatum, "Its good to see you. Your quite the ally in recent times." Damien murmured, then when he withdrew his hand he contemplated the few times they had worked together on separate projects. All beginning with crash landing together (we should go hack and finish that) down to that cortosis raid.

"I have a room we can talk in if its more comfortable." Damien muttered, waving a hand to mention Ultimatum's low profile.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
"I'm from Mustafar. My name is Pyro." Pyro smiled as she introduced her friend, holding out a hand so the lady could shake it. She liked this lady even though she was still wary of her. She wouldn't let her guard down yet. She turned back to [member="Ultimatum"] and saw a man coming up to them. She immediately sensed the dark side and him and got into a defensive position. She hated darksiders. When Ultimatum greeted him she stood up straight, but was still tensed up like a spring trap.

"Sir, I didn't think we were going to be working with darksiders." Her dislike for other Force users was apparent n her voice., but perhaps she was mistaken about this man.

[member="Darth Pikiran"] [member="Ultimatum"] @Kalyn Skirata

Matreya

Damien cast his gaze the smaller of the trio, and offered a grin, "Then leave." He said simply, then with a gesture began to lead Ultimatum towards his room, "Anyway, for those of us grown enough to perform, I brought enough of to purchase a few kilos apiece for us each. The stygium will need to be refined as well, and my company may help with that if need be."

[member="Pyro"] [member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum stopped one moment saying to [member="Darth Pikiran"], "I have enough money for more if needed. Give me one moment. I'll be up with you in a minute."

He turned to [member="Pyro"] and knelt down to her level, he had found that some organics responded well to be entreated at their own height rather than having to look up or down. He started quietly saying, so that few others would be able to listen in unless they strained or used the Force to enhance their hearing, "Remember when I said I would protect you? I meant that. On Mustafar there are so many Sith that come through, I have had to deal with every single one cordially and keep them busy with myself and what I can offer them in order to keep any thought away from proper exploration of the planet. I have taken trips off planet and it seems my personal 'gift' to almost always work alongside a Sith or Darksider. Most of the people who have helped me in dangerous situations have been Sith. I was kidnapped and a Sith helped conduct the rescue mission. I don't enjoy or particularly like the person's decisions, however I appreciate the fact that they assisted me when I needed it. I am not trying to say that all Sith are trustworthy to some degree or another, I still don't completely trust the Sith who saved me. I am trying to explain that we live in a particularly Sith filled portion of the galaxy. We, both of us, must learn to live with them, we cannot fight them yet. Perhaps someday the Jedi or the Republic will finally get some grip on this portion of the galaxy, but until then we must survive. Now if you don't want to continue that is fine, I can have PU take you home and I can keep a portion of Stygium back for you. If you wish to stay you will be a welcome addition to our team. There is no wrong preference. Only your decision."

He felt sorry for her. He could remember the first few times he had had to deal alongside Sith, he had hated it, every moment wishing nothing more than to turn and deal with the person then and there. However, he had more than himself to think about, an entire planet rested on his foreign policy decisions. Pyro had the luxury of not having to restrain herself, at least so far as causing interplanetary crises like he could. She could decide to hide from the Sith, he could not. He didn't regret his decisions, he knew now that there was truly no other way when it came to controlling a planet.

[member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Vesta the Coward"]

(We should, I can go back and continue and see who follows eh?)

Pyro

P
Pyro listened to Ultimatum and realized how selfish she had sounded. When he told her that he could have his droid take her home she immediately shook her head.

"No, no I have to do this, you're already doing so much, I have to repay you. Like you said I'm gonna have to face the Dark-side more than I wish but I can't put it off. I can't hide anymore or I'll go insane. Let's go, he's probably waiting." Pyro said her words at his same level of volume and turned to the young lady.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go now, it was a pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

@Ultimatum @Darth Pikiran [member="Kalyn Skirata"]

Matreya

Damien just happened to feel a bit of pity thanks to the fear from the earlier youngling, so he shrugged when Ultimatum spoke, and stepped ahead a bit. Once he reached the stairs he paused and leaned against the wall.

Utilizing his Force Shadow once more, he eyed the duo as they spoke. When they finished, he called from his position so as to appear he wasn't listening in, "Are you guys done yet? Made a decision?"

[member="Pyro"] [member="Ultimatum"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Vesta watched them go, turning the credit chit between her fingers. He'd meant to buy her silence, clearly. A muttered Dathomiri charm enhanced her hearing, and she caught the last of what the droid was saying. Without context, it made little sense, but sense enough to tell her she'd been granted a reprieve. Making no sudden movements, she headed upstairs. She would retrieve her axe. Then, if possible, she would run very far away.

Ultimatum smiled broadly as he said, "That is the right attitude. Let's do this." He finished by bringing his voice to normal speaking volume. He turned to [member="Darth Pikiran"] and said "We are ready. Lead the way."

He had a hindsight suspicion that perhaps others could have listened in, specifically any Force users, specifically Damien. However, Ultimatum decided that he could not truly worry about that because he could not be certain if he had been heard. He had to focus now, focus on the crystals and completing the starship.

[member="Pyro"] [member="Vesta the Coward"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"]

Kalyn heard almost every word the droid had said, and had it on recording too, there were sith about, she had to be careful, suppress her emotions, just for now. She then responded to the young woman
"Nice meeting you too kid." She responded to her.
She then pulled out her data pad, and typed a message to her droid, which was on the ship, to search for recent events on Mustafar, she had a feeling it was important, she also told him to contact black market dealers in the sector, see if anything was happening there. She then put away the data pad, and walked outside. leaning against the wall.

Pyro

P
Pyro followed close behind Ultimatum somehow reluctant and determined at the same time. She had to face her fear at some point in her life. Her body may only be four years old, she had the mind and soul of a young, battle weary warrior who had seen too much death sometimes. She decided not to say anything for the time being, for she would probably give an insult if she opened her mouth.

@Ultimatum @Vesta the Coward [member="Darth Pikiran"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"]

Ultimatum waited for a little before deciding it was time to head to the mines. After all, the quicker this was all done the quicker he could have the crystals installed into the ship and get the thing out of drydock. It had sat there too long, had collected dust for weeks too long. It was ready, he just had to get the last touches in place and this was the last important part.

He had to get this done and those that came with him would be given their share. It was his honor to share with those that had helped him reach his goal, and he would not fail to give. The mines would give their crystals and that treasure would be split between those with him. They would do what they wished with the crystals and he would put his into his master plan. They would play their role and he would play his game of holochess.

He walked slowly to the exit, nodding to [member="Pyro"] to come that way, and [member="Darth Pikiran"] to come if he still wished to take his share of the reward of their labor. He smiled as he spoke, "I hope that this will not be too trying and I hope that I was not too rough on you there." His voice was kind but somewhat sad, he did feel regret for perhaps being mean to one of his only true friends in the galaxy at large.

[member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Vesta the Coward"]

Matreya

Damien had simply gone upstairs, fallen asleep, and awoke when the others began to leave. (Lol that or his writer forgot to reply) Dressing in another elegant suit, he readied himself to leave, fixing his cuff links and dusting his shoes. Then he joined the others once more, heading to the door past Ultimatum.

Being in a Hotel so close to the mines made things easier, as it was but a brisk walk and they were there. Once at the entrance, Damien was met by a man in a hardhat who asked his business there. In response the Ancient Sith began speaking of prices, to eventually get a deal going that allowed a few kilos apiece for each - at a fair deal as well. Next came the price of using the men and machines, or one by itself; Damien decided to pay the price for both, to make things easier for the trio.

Honestly, working alongside other men who knew what they were doing could be pretty good.

Finally he turned to the other two and nodded, "You both ready??"

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Pyro"]

Ultimatum had followed [member="Darth Pikiran"], as a man who was more learned in talking with organics he trusted him to work out the details with the owner of the mine. Ultimatum could recall learning something about his original creator, he had done a similar thing on another planet to get some other crystals. The man had not bothered with hiring miners, instead using his own men. They had not gotten much for their time, that made Ultimatum smile. He knew the right people. Unlike his master.

When asked Ultimatum replied with a curt nod, "Yes." He turned to [member="Pyro"] and asked, "You ready too? Guess we will be mining, perhaps you can put that fire to good use down there." He tried to sound enthusiastic. He hoped that she was doing alright, this had to be a trial for her as much as it had been for him his first time. Probably more since he was a droid and could turn on and off those sort of emotions at will, though he rarely did.

"How long we got to work on that?" He asked turning for a moment back to Damien.

Matreya

"We have a weight limit. Not time." Damien replied and entered the mine, "If it takes a week, what we ordered is ours. It helps to control anothers mind." He offered a grin and then took a pick axe that lay on the ground nearby.

Walking a bit further in, he drew back the large tool and swung with a deafening clang.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum nodded. Well that was a much more efficient system. Controlling another's mind? Well he was a Sith, manipulation was practically part of the job description wasn't it. He smiled back nonetheless. "Very good. Let's get to it then." He moved to pick up a pickaxe and watched as [member="Darth Pikiran"] took the first swing. Ultimatum was looking forward to this, it would be the first time that he actually was mining for a material instead of mining to make space for something else.

He chose one of the picks, deciding that this one would do. He held in his hand for a moment, judging weight and other attributes which would allow him to calculate ideal swinging arcs and other such. He walked near to the dark Jedi, far enough away that there was little likelihood of them crashing into each other. He studied the rock for a moment, trying to see any signs of crystal or weaknesses. Finding nothing he brought the pickaxe up and swung with almost all of his might.

[member="Pyro"]

Pyro

P
Pyro let a flame ignite on her hand and stood a moment, red eyes staring into the blue flame, before smiling and bursting into white hot flames. The temperature alone would make any non-heat resistant species immediately break into a sweat.

"I'm ready." Walking over to the opposite side, Pyro began to cool down to blue so her flame wouldn't completely melt any metal or crystal she found, and started to throw small flame balls at the wall. She smiled in an almost maniacal way as she blasted against the cave wall, letting her fire cover her entire form.

[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Darth Pikiran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom