Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interviewing a Witch

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
Because the Star Tours Guide to Force Specialties needs devving due to the nature of Star Tours, and that the interviewees cannot be any of my alts, I need a witch for a 15-post commitment, to talk about the specializations among practitioners of Dathomirian witchcraft and how they differ from the main Force-traditions:

ICly the Star Tours Guide to Force Specialties is there to provide NFUs with an understanding of what kinds of FUs they could encounter in practice. (All too often Jedi Guardians/Sith Marauders, along with their subclasses, will be one's first encounter with FUs)

As for the actual content of the Guide, if you read the blog posts in Taking Off on a Star Tour which began with Star Tours Guide to Force Specialties in their titles, you will get a heavily summarized version of it.

Dunames Lopez said:
All too often Guardians/Marauders, along with their subclasses, will be one's first encounter with FUs
You are aware nobody actually uses the KOTOR/TOR class/subclass system stuff, right?

Nobody is a "Consular", nobody is a "Guardian" or "Marauder", that's just stuff for a handful of video games to justify stats and skill divisions.

Dunames Lopez

And yet the majority of FUs on each side of the Force seem to be played like Guardians (light-sided) or Marauders (dark-sided), when all their subclasses are accounted for. I know [member="Nabrina Vao"] is, while a Sith Acolyte, a nearly-prototypical Marauder, whereas [member="Darth Veles"] seems to be more of a Sorcerer (a subclass of Sith Inquisitor).

Of course, there are at least two known active Jedi Technicians in play: [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] and my alt Jessica.

I am volunteering for the Sith segment although I am far from your typical Maurader. How do you wish to do this one post per question or do you give me questions and I expound via mutiple posts?

There are also 300 more people on here that either play a combination of these "classes" or people who just do their own thing. Sure if you want to force the people on here into little narrow boxes you will definitely be able to, but that won't be a actual representation of the FUs on chaos. The idea of the interviews on the other hand is kind of interesting, but it would be more appealing (at least to me but figure there are more that think about this like I do) if it would be about the traditions in a more general sense, and the reasons for the characters to join said sect. Just my two cents.

[member="Dunames Lopez"]

Dunames Lopez

[member="Darth Abyss"] I could say that the guide is inaccurate because the categorizations are a little too "cut-and-dry" - hopefully it will allow me to do away with dev threads.

EDIT: Since it didn't work, I could always preface the book by saying that many FUs span across multiple specialties.

[member="Daxton Bane"] I'd prefer one post per question.

Dunames Lopez

Now that the request is Witch-specific... I have changed the nature of the request (and not just because Cathul is radically different from most Witches) Here any Witch is fair game so long as Cathul isn't the object of the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom