Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Intervention

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Hangar

It was a rather cold morning for the city district, for the veteran Jedi Master had long gotten used to the colder weather. It seemed the mornings on Naboo were far colder than he realized, however granted majority of his mornings were spent cuddling with Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte . A cup of caf out on the balcony overlooking the landscape. Those were the days that he had longed for, they days that they had deserved. With the children grown for the most part and out with their own adventures. It gave the couple more time for each other, granted majority of that time was spent in each others arms more often than not making up for lost time. While they were getting up their in age, their passion and love for each other had not ceased. She was just a radiant as she was the day their paths first crossed.

There was times however, when it was time to get to work though. Today was one of those days. Kahne had last spoken to his children barely a week ago. He tried not to keep to much tabs on them, as this was their time. He didn't want to come running every time they were in trouble, because they would just be babying them. There were times however that some parental love is what was needed. Kahne did not bring his personal ship, it was just him and Gala that came on this venture.

He wanted to surprise them, no doubt they might have picked up on his force signature already by the time he arrived in the hangar.

"Droids don't age Gala." Kahne said with a raised eyebrow "You should be beating me in this race to the end of the hangar." Gala let loose a series of beeps and a whistle. Kahne gave a soft light laughter as he glanced down towards his droid and smiled. "Fair enough." Many years she had been in his service. Kahne could see his daughter at the end, atop her starfighter. No doubt doing routine maintenance on it. She was so like her mother in that way. He was incredibly proud of her.

"I had no doubt I would find you here. Spitting image of your mother." Kahne chuckled as he looked up towards his daughter, Addison Porte Addison Porte

"Can you spare a hug, for an old man?" Kahne spoke giving her a slightly questionable look, however a smile on his face. Teasing his young daughter, she was missed terribly.

Last edited:

EXPLORATION
d7h50l2-fa0a9d74-42f0-4e1f-ba55-db871b015f2b.jpg

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Hangar
Kahne Porte Kahne Porte
div-orange.png

Ever since returning from Revenant Squadron's last mission, Addison had been questioning what she was doing, her path chosen. It just seemed the more the young Porte put into her flying career with the military, the less she got out of it. The Starfighter Corps just always seemed in transition. She never really knew what to expect next or if her tenure would be cut short by restructuring from the top.

And the Jedi thing was kind of in the same boat, listlessly adrift. Addy felt like she was spinning her tires so to speak and getting nowhere fast. Did her parents ever feel this way? Did Aiden Porte Aiden Porte ... Probably not. He had hit the temple running and had never looked back. She was so proud of her brother and his efforts. Though, sometimes was worried her twin was pushing himself a bit too hard. But what did she know as the two hardly saw each other anymore?

Addison was atop her X-wing in the Jedi temple's hangar bay, sautering a patch down to the starboard side upper S-foil when a familiar sensation tickled the back of her mind. She quickly finished the task to satisfaction, then turned off the welder and stood up, pushing the shield upright to see her father standing on the hangar deck before the snubfighter.

"DAD!" Addy exclaimed with a pleasant surprise etched in her voice followed by a big smile.

She walked carefully over to the edge of the closed strike foil dressed in an olive green jumpsuit, then lept down and discarded the welder equipment on a nearby cart before tackle hugging the pepper-pot graying man.

"You aren't old yet," the young Taanabian teased with a daughterly wink as she pulled back from the heartfelt embrace. A wave was given to her father's loyal and trusted astromech droid as she rolled up behind him.

"Hey, Gala! Gizmo is over at the charging station if you want to go hang out with him. He doesn't bite, much," she grinned, then her brown hazel eyes flicked back to her father's grey blue.

"So... What brings you to Coruscant, hmm? Council business? Can't believe Mom let you out of her sight. Or... are you in the dog house again?" It was an inside family joke, but it was a curious thing for the two elder Portes not to be together nowadays.

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:
Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Hangar
Addison Porte Addison Porte
Her reaction his him being there was probably something only a parent could understand. The joy on her face from his eyes made him incredibly proud. It mean more than she could ever know. He chuckled as they closed the distance and he caught her mid tackle hug and couldn't help but spin her around. "Sweet girl." Kahne said as he kissed her forehead and she backed up. The Master looked over to Gala as he nodded his head. "Go ahead Gala, enjoy yourself." With that said the droid happily beeped and whistled her way over to him. When droids were happy to see other droids, you knew it was something fascinating.

Kahne Porte, the father stood there for a moment, a brief second and within that second it was as if he had looked back on all of his time spent with his daughter. She had grown up beautifully, and she was incredibly strong. His eyes seemed to gloss over somewhat, as if he was on the verge of tears, but none fell from the Jedi Masters eyes. He hated that he hadn't spent more time with her as she was growing up. Kahne pulled her in for another embrace, a more gentle hug, but it was something that perhaps she may have needed but Kahne probably needed it more than she did. "Baby girl." Kahne cleared his throat as he back up for a minute and just smiled and a laugh followed. He could already hear her 'Daddddd' In the voice of an annoyed daughter. While she was grown up, he wasn't trying to embarrass her, he just missed her more than he had realized.

"What your mother doesn't tell you is that she lands herself in the dog house sometimes too." Kahne said with a stern tone, but in complete jest as he turned it around. "I came to see you, sweetheart." Kahne looked towards the starfighter and took a deep breath. He walked towards it a bit more as he gave it a look over. "You are doing a good job with it. An amazing pilot from what I hear, possible better than your mother." Kahne spoke with a whisper, as he gave her a small nudge and smirked.

"Do you want to grab something to eat. Get some ice cream or perhaps go for a walk?"

EXPLORATION
d7h50l2-fa0a9d74-42f0-4e1f-ba55-db871b015f2b.jpg

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Hangar
Kahne Porte Kahne Porte
div-orange.png

Addison melted into her father's embrace once again. She felt like her tilted world had been righted and all was well again. But emotions were getting the better of the youngest Porte as well as the oldest it seemed.

The Master Jedi inspected his daughter's starfighter and seemed impressed, throwing out a big compliment her way. "Aww, thanks, Dad, though I owe any accolades earned from the great teacher I had... Really in both of you," she answered with an appreciative nod. Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte was one of the finest pilots of her time and it was in Addy's genes so why wouldn't she follow in the woman's footsteps?

"Food sounds great... I'm starving actually. How about we take the airbus over to CoCo Town. The food here is just eh. Dex's Dinner had its grand reopening recently, and I could really go for some sliders. I wanted to go with Aiden, but our paths haven't crossed lately... "

With that said, Addison walked over to where her flight jacket was hanging off the ladder, then slipped it on, pulling the hair tie out from the ponytail worn and letting her dark chestnut tresses fall about her shoulders.

"You ready to go? The bus stop is just outside the temple on the main level," she said flashing a lopsided grin while snaking her arm around his before leaning her dark head against the man's shoulder. "I missed you, Dad."

Um9wLtZ.png

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Hangar-En Route to Coco Town Via Airbus

"We truly did our best." Kahne said with a small smile, however at the sight of his daughter and how far she had come, he couldn't help but beam at her. The Jedi Master in particular was modest in the sense where he never really liked to take credit, especially for training. It's just like dancing, you are there leading someone, but what they do afterwards is what determines who and what they are.

The food here is just eh

"Oh I know what you mean. I would've thought that the food would improve over the years. I wonder if they ever considered teaching Jedi cooking as a actually Jedi trade skill."

Dex's Dinner had its grand reopening recently, and I could really go for some sliders. I wanted to go with Aiden, but our paths haven't crossed lately... "

"That sounds amazing." Kahne said with a smile as he and his daughter made their way towards the great hall leaving the Jedi Temple, their destination the Airbus. The Jedi Master glanced around briefly as he just smiled. "Nothings has changed here...." Kahne said with a smile. "And they reopened Dex's diner?! I hadn't been to Coco town in many years." Granted the last time he was on Coruscant was a few years ago when he was called here by an old friend. But didn't really do any re-exploring of the city. "That is some nostalgia right there." And she mentioned Aiden and he nodded his head. The Jedi Master was incredibly impressed with how Aiden took the Jedi Temple, he hit the ground running so to speak. And that was honestly a big surprise to him given their last conversation about Aiden's uncertainty's.

"He sure has surprised me, your brother has. I'm glad he's finding his footing here."
Kahne said, while giving his daughters arm a squeeze.

"I missed you, Dad."

"I've missed you too kiddo."
He said leaning in to kiss the side of her head. "So, why don't you tell me what's going on?" Kahne said with a small smile as he looked over to her. He didn't get to his age especially being a Jedi for no reason. That and just the fact that this was his daughter, flesh and blood so he knew something was up. If she didn't want to talk about it, he wouldn't pry. "Just know I'm here, you can always talk to me."

EXPLORATION
tumblr_npbtf2vBiV1r83egao3_540.gif

CoCo Town, Coruscant
Destination Dex's Diner
Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

div-orange.png

"I know... Nothing too much is going on I can't handle," Addy replied to her father as they approached the airbus platform, which was the truth from a certain point of view. Maybe that was the crux of her problem though. Her life was somewhat going sideways and she really didn't know why or rather how to stop it without putting up a red flag and asking for help; stubbornness and independence ran in their family.

"Come on, Dad... We need to huff it if we're going to catch this bus," she called out jogging up the staircase with youthful ease.

The two Jedi just made it before the doors closed and the repulsarlift vehicle took off from the Federal or Senate District for the Collective Commerce District (CoCo for short) where Dex's Diner was located.

"That's the Galactic Museum over there," the brunette pointed out through the bus's window while holding onto the overhead bar with the other hand for safety.

"I've always wanted to go see it being a history buff and all... Maybe after we eat that can be our next thing to do together, hmm, or even take in the Skydome Botanical Gardens. It actually is not too far from the temple, just over in the Fobosi District. Well if you have time that is," she smiled softly just before the bus slowed and stopped atop the platform with the diner in view below on the street level.

"By the way, how long are you here for, hmm? Could get some sparring time in too."

Just like old times...

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:
Coruscant
Coco Town
Dex's Diner

Aside from all the foot traffic that was going by, he couldn't describe that he was still shocked about Dex's Diner. He had another reason now to come here aside from seeing his children. However that second reason could all be a bust if the restaurant turned out to be terrible. Which would be an utter annoyance for the Jedi Master. He had faith though that it would exceed expectations.

The Jedi Master on his word didn't pester more about the troubles of his young daughter. He knew she would come to him in time. If she came to him at all, she might have a talk with her mother. Which didn't bother him in the slightest, that was silver lining in having two parents.

"I am huffing, your the one that is lagging behind. And don't say your going slow because I am. I bet I can still beat you in a footrace." The Jedi Master said with a small smile. She mentioned the museum and then the botanical garden as they both sounded incredibly interesting. "Why no do both?" Kahne said with a small nudge to his daughter. "I'm gonna be here for about week. Figured that would give us plenty of time to catch up and have some fun and training, whatever it is you want to do. This is your week sweetheart." Kahne said with a big smile on his face.

EXPLORATION
render4.jpg

CoCo Town, Coruscant
Dex's Diner
Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

div-orange.png
"That's awesome, Dad... A father-daughter week, I'd really like that!" Addy answered rather ecstatically before the two Portes crossed the street over to Dex's Diner; the refurbished building looking pretty snazzy with a new paint job and a cool neon sign in the window.

The restaurant was fairly busy for mid-day with some patrons at the counter and others in booths. When one of the booths opened up, they slid in as soon as it was cleaned. A droid waitress came by shortly afterward and dropped off menus, then rolled off to get an order that was up.

"You're buying, right?" the young brunette asked flashing a lopsided grin at the Naboo before her dark gaze lowered to peruse the food items on the extensive menu. "Definitely hungry for lunch, but the breakfast stuff does look good too."

Decisions, decisions...

When the waitress came back to take their order, Addy wasn't shy. "I'll have a Coruscant Slider with protato wedges, a diet fizz pop... and a chocolate blue milkshake too. I mean why not... can always work it off later when I kick your hinny in the dojo," she winked at her father with a giggle to follow before handing over the menu to the droid.

"So what have you and mom been up to lately, hmm? I met a really sweet girl from Theed at the temple. Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn is a padawan too. We talked about maybe making a surprise trip to Naboo together, but seems life just got in our way. She's taking more of a counselor path or at least I think so. You know I still haven't actually been to the new place. Aiden Porte Aiden Porte said it was really nice and you guys set aside rooms for us."

Um9wLtZ.png

Last edited:
Coruscant
Coco Town
Dex's Diner

Kahne's smile grew ten fold it appeared like when he heard his daughters reaction. He really missed his daughter, and to hear her reaction made this all that much better.

"That's awesome, Dad... A father-daughter week, I'd really like that!"

"There you go, it's going to be a great week." The Jedi Master said with a small nudge to his daughter as he put his hand on her shoulder giving it a small squeeze. They booth opened up and Kahne took a seat opposite side of Addison as he began to peruse the menu.

"You're buying, right?"

"I suppose, I have to treat you every once in a while." The Jedi master said with a laugh and humorous tone, in reference to treating her every once in a while. While Kahne was not a big spender and was more frugal with his money and such. With that being said, with his job with Lock and Key mechanics. It had given him quite a bit of bigger spending limit. And of course, when it came to his kids, especially his princess.....he couldn't say no.

"I'll have a Coruscant Slider with protato wedges, a diet fizz pop... and a chocolate blue milkshake too. I mean why not... can always work it off later when I kick your hinny in the dojo,"

"Dang, you eat a lot"
Kahne said in jest and even chuckled as he ordered exactly as she did but with a vanilla milkshake. "We shall see, it should be some good fun." Kahne said with a wink her way.

She then mentioned about someone she had met, which was actually something he was going to ask her. If she had made any friends or how training and such was going. But it appeared that she was doing very well.

"That would be great sweetheart, we would love to have you. And there is two rather good sized rooms for you and Aiden. The place can still be extended and added on. There are several plans in the works. Details that we can fill you in on when things get more organized. But you know you can come anytime. No invitation needed or questions asked."
Kahne said with a smile as he looked upon his daughter with much pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom