Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Interest Check] Revitalizing Starfighter Characters

I am curious as to what interest level there is in getting a group of characters to staff an organized Starfighter unit and perhaps participate in traditionally behind-the-scenes roles within the same unit (space traffic controllers are just as essential as pilots!). I recall [member="Valessia Brentioch"] mentioning having a fighter pilot alt, and I think I can vouch for [member="Fenix la Fortune"] being available as an alt.

If anybody else has an alt they would like to take out of retirement, or any new characters they would like to create, please let me know.

Likewise, and perhaps more importantly, I am looking for anyone who would like to participate in any kind of RP seminar/refresher course for RPing starfighter combat. Either here, or perhaps in the skype chat if interest is great enough. I know that fleeting/starfighter PVPing may seem off-putting because of the RP complexities involved (I know some people find it more difficult than Force RP!) but I would like to make the transition into the world of dogefighting as easy and enjoyable as possible.

The offer goes for people who may not be so much interested in making starfighter pilots, but would just like the chance to learn/practice in a different RP environment.

You could also recreate the 181st Fighter Wing who became rival to Rogue Squadron for many of their illustrious battles. Fitting, as there is a Rogue Squadron that is quite active on Chaos allied with the GA.

Personally, I'd love to see more starfighter jockies around. I'd have half a mind to create a pilot myself... but I make no guarantees of that.

Both excellent suggestions for the potential name, [member="Sentiri"] and [member="Asharad Graush"]! And no guarantees of alts are needed, hopefully the enticement of good, non-judgmental, not-overly-intensive role-play will send you over the edge into alt-town.

Also, [member="Rick Müller"] I am super familiar with JTAC on the USAF side, and more so with Combat Controllers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Combat_Control_Team) both of which would be perfectly suited for modeling our relationship between forces on the ground, and TIE/Bomber pilots, etc. That is something I absolutely want to flesh out and use in future RP, thanks for bringing that up too!

Dunames Lopez said:
SW canon seemed to portray CCs as if they were the higher-ups of starfighter command. Please, do tell me the difference...
CC, if we're talking about Combat Controllers still, are not the higher-ups of starfighter command (although I can understand the confusion!). They are more akin to like, Storm-Commandos who are calling in spotting for TIE Bombers to make bombardment runs, or precision strikes, etc.

It would be neat to have an organized and established link between ground forces in RP, our stormtrooper characters, and starfighter pilots who are RPing as bombers, etc. I figure if we're all on the same page before we begin threads, it can be very conducive to non-clustery RP threads. :)

[member="Dunames Lopez"]

[member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"] Good luck in this endeavor. We had a few dedicated Starfighter pilot characters when the faction first started, but since then, most of our interest has been confined to the army. Personally, I think it would be great if we had some Starfighter aces that went out there and made a name for themselves.

Whatever you guys do, everyone involved should definitely be part of the same unit. It will increase your spirit of brotherhood/camaraderie, and when one of you does well, it increases the reputation of your entire unit.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"] Thank you. The goal is to have everyone within a singular unit for the express purpose of stimulating an increased amount of roleplay within that group. A climate where it's more likely to have a plethora of reasons to run into each other's characters for RP purposes, as opposed to having everyone doing their own individual thing and coming up with stretched stories about why they're all together for individual events. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, too.)

[member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"] Sounds good. In my opinion the primary goal should be establishing a reputation and a sort of cult around a particular unit. Get involved in our battles, become known, make a name for yourselves. Become feared, that sort of thing.

Looking forward to it!

Marzena Choi said:
Oh man, now I want to make a new character >_<
I'm not one for twisting arms, but you should definitely do it! Even if it's a hardly used alt, I am hoping to over time make the experience as compelling as I can to make people want to stick around a little more. And worst case scenario, you would have a go-to alt to solo RP going crazy and flying into a sun!

[member="Marzena Choi"]

[member="Skjold Alexeyev"]

The real-world USAF analogue are both Combat Controllers, and another group called a Tactical Air Control Party https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Tactical_Air_Control_Party

I think for simplicity sake, both of these types/versions of the role could be conducted by dedicated stormtrooper/commando characters, and absolutely could include members of the Knights of Ren who may have requisite skills and background. I don't want to speak out of turn for the Knights, however, so I'm sure it would be on a case-by-case basis as allowed by their leadership. But I don't see why they'd be against the participation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom