Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest check: Mining/Excavation thread for phrik on Demonsgate

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
We've got a resource and we've got some people with hands in industry, they may need some of this resource for armor, weapons and droids.

Soon as I get a ship, I'm going down there to get some for personal reasons, who'll come with me to hell so I don't get my butt set on fire?

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
[member="Kami Meran"]

'course, just be sure to pack your sunscreen, preferably spf 1000, volcanic activity and such are really warm, can't wait to have you help me mine the phrik outta that rock(pun intended)

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Read up a bit BB, think we could fix up parts of the old mining op?

Aerin The Lost said:
[member="Kami Meran"]

'course, just be sure to pack your sunscreen, preferably spf 1000, volcanic activity and such are really warm, can't wait to have you help me mine the phrik outta that rock(pun intended)

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Read up a bit BB, think we could fix up parts of the old mining op?
You don't have ta be a Phrik about it.

[member="Aerin The Lost"]

I'd be interested. Mineing and collecting some phrik for my droid sounds like a good idea. :)

If we manage to survive and get enough of it, then it also sounds like a good investment for the future.

money-cartoon.jpg

[member="Aerin The Lost"], [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Isn't Phrik similar to marvels adamantium in that it can only be smelted/processed once? Wouldn't using mining lasers end up being counter-productive since it would heat up the metal?

-edit- I am heat resistant... not fireproof :p

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
from my understanding Phrik is only resistant to blaster fire and lightsaber blades because it absorbs part of the energy holding them together, don't know about single smelting. maybe we'll have to talk about it with the factory guys.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
welp, anyone wanna pitch in to get enviro suits for a couple of us?
edit: I'm driving, got a new ship, may as well break her in with a few passengers and 30 tons of rations

[member="Kami Meran"]
[member="Singularity"]
[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Blacktail

Captain of the Lost Dynast
I don't mind coming along for the long haul. As for manual mining... just tossing around ideas here but has anyone thought about unconventional ordinance as a means of quarrying the ore out? For instance, maybe we could use sonic cannons to shatter the weaker rock out of the way, then blast cap the ore away from magma. We could also use light composite beam lasers to surgically cut it out of the rock. Heck, we could even use salvaged repulsors to drive the less dense matter away with repeated concussions. In any of those methods we won't need mining lasers or manual picks. ;3

Oh. Also, my ship has plenty of room and amenities if anyone needs a ride or some space for a crate.

[member="Aerin The Lost"]

I could definitely use a ride. I have no ship haha :p

-edit- [member="Blacktail"]

Great ideas. :) I think the composite beam lasers to surgically remove the ore would be the best way to go about it though.

As Aerin The Lost said, Demonsgate is extremely unstable. Who knows just how bad things could get if we used explosions/sonic cannons.....

tumblr_mmeyv3fcMB1r5fez1o4_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom