Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open Market Interest Check: Faction Gear Contracts

Not sure if I've asked this of you before, but I've been trying to get someone more adept than myself for a while now to create an interesting little gadget:

A Material Disruptor that stuns organics, possibly using this as a basis.

The concept being, you can point a disruptor at someone, get the disintegration effect we so rarely see (on the armor) but the person (PC) inside is totally fine and ready to be captured (assuming the stun holds).

If it can't be done in a single shot, I imagine a quick alternating two round burst fire could do the trick. First round disintegrates a hole for the second round to land a stun.

I imagine it would be very useful for Bounty Hunters, and similar criminal archetypes.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Good question. We see from The Mandalorian that a disruptor type weapon can be selective, even if only for rule of cool. The victims of the Dadalorian's rifle don't completely vanish; scraps of clothing and such are left behind. This leads me to believe that the principle it works on targets a specific molecular bond, and that the energy it delivers isn't necessarily transferred well outside of its preferred medium. At a guess, I'd say it's probably designed to attack organic molecules.

Let's say we take that principle and shift it up or down whatever spectrum it operates on. Rather than disintegrating flesh, it could probably be made to work on inorganic material. If you shoot a piece of armor with it, the reaction renders it down to its constituent atoms without affecting the wearer directly, but if I had to guess, gives them a nasty thermal/kinetic energy punch as the bonds are broken apart. Not pleasant, but not fatal. It wouldn't be 100% effective, since things like beskar and phrik exist, but that's not a bad thing if it has to be balanced to get through the factory.

In other words, I think it's doable.

Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom