Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interdictus-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
InterdictorClassSD-EGTW.jpg

Image by Ansel Hsiao
[SIZE=10pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] To develop a competent interdictor for the Sith Empire that can finally replace the particularly weak and fragile Captivitas-class Star Destroyer.
Development Thread: Working
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Model: Star Destroyer
Affiliation: Sith Empire
Modularity: Yes
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel(hull), Quadanium Steel(frame)
Description: With the Captivitas officially reaching the end of the line, being terribly difficult to defend in comparison to the
[/SIZE] ships it most frequently worked in concert with, Imperial R&D requested the development of a new breed of Interdictor, one capable of not only handling whatever smaller ships it pulled out of hyperspace, but also capable of surviving in a modern combat environment. The result was the Interdictus-class Star Destroyer, a modern interdictor with traditional Imperial flair.

The prototypes for this model of starship were based off the damaged, rusting hulks of Imperator-class Star Destroyers, formerly used by the original Galactic Empire. They were gutted and refitted with the latest technology, utilizing the same gravity well generators as the Captivitas. Two are in each spherical projection, allowing the Interdictus to redirect gravity wells in order to intercept multiple hyperspace routes at once. Improvements over the original Imperator design include a secondary bridge located beneath the primary one, and a new reactor as well.

Despite this, there are some drawbacks. The ships' shields are weakened if all eight gravity well generators are active. The ship is less well-armed than a comparable Star Destroyer, and carries only a token complement of fighters for defense. A final detriment is that there is only one Interdictus for every eight Captivitases, considering that the gravity wells used in each of the new interdictors were directly ripped from the hulls of the aging cruisers.
[SIZE=10pt]Classification:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Capital Ship
Role: Interdictor Star Destroyer
Height: 450m
Width: 1000m
Length: 1600m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor, Fusion Reactor(for secondary backup hyperdrive)
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 2 (Class 7 primary backup, Class 14 secondary backup)
Minimum Crew: 4500
Optimal Crew: 15,000
Armaments:
Turbolaser battery (30)
Twin flak gun (30)
Tractor beam (10)

Hangar:
TIE Taral (12)
TIE Rapier (12)
TIE Galaxy (12)
S90 MAAT (6)

Non-Combative Attachments: Sensors, shields, gravity well generators (8)
Passenger Capacity: 1500
Cargo Capacity: 15,000 metric tons
Consumables: 4 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 8
[/SIZE]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
I have read through the dominion of Heska and unfortunately that is far as my judgment on this will go. It is my ruling that there is not enough build-up in that thread to justify me approving this. In fact, there is only one mention of Circe or any other Sith focusing on the building of this ship and even that single post that I saw was vague and did not have any build up. I suggest that a new development thread be made that focuses just on the building of this ship, or that you start fresh in a new thread. For now though I must give the following stamp.

rejected.png

• For an inadequate development thread for a ship over 1k meters
Pending RPJ agreement

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
As I've specified in your Observer submission, your dev thread is insufficient as in effect you're not doing anything towards the development of this ship, whether that be finding new metals, building gravity wells, cannibalizing parts of old ships, etc etc.

Other than that note, as also specified in the observer submission, your backup hyperdrives are waaay too fast. Furthermore, I don't particularly like the idea of a back-up hyperdrive on an interdiction vessel in the first place. You've followed logical convention and under-armed the ship for a balanced configuration, both in hanger space and gun space, but gravity well generators also take a good bit of power. I really just don't think your ship has the space to maintain all of those systems.

Not to mention this is not only a Star Destroyer, which is costly to produce in and of itself, but also an Interdictor, which is expensive as well. Unless I see something to imply the Sith Empire has gained significant assets that allow them a lot more ease in building this will have to be unique production.

I'm going to have to ask for another dev thread that follows our standard conditions(and if it's a dominion, I expect a significant portion of other writer's efforts to be towards something that would manifest as a ship). I'd recommend the back-up hyperdrives be removed completely, but if you give me some really, really nice dev thread(s) I might be convinced to allow you one that's really slow. @Me when you've completed a dev thread and edited accordingly. Don't forget to add an artists accredit as well.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom