Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Inter/Stellar | First Order Dominion of Tholon

Juliana Alderdice

J
jb7zshK.png
Juliana turned to her master, now a man again, and bowed her head in acknowledgement of his instruction. She struggled to catch her breath, her glassy eyes watching the spider warily. She was terrified, pouring distress and anxiety into the Force as she had nowhere else to put it. The anxiety only ratcheted up when Varick laid out his plan.

Her part seemed simple. Almost trite.

But she struggled harnessing the Force for kinetic abilities. She winced at the prospect of what they were about to do. It would be hell for the animal, a punishment for the crime of doing what nature told it to. There was no malice in its heart; it was driven by pure survival instinct. But now they needed to survive; there were people in the settlement below them that needed to survive, too.

Juliana steadied herself and drew on the Force, waiting for the signal. She channeled the fear and stress and, when Varick gave the command, she summoned a Force Push the likes of which she had never summoned before, letting out an animal shriek of her own with the exertion of it. She stumbled forward, taking a knee and raised her head, ginger ponytail flicking out of the way to see that she had, in fact, been successful in her efforts. But would it be enough to thwart the creature? It had six other legs, after all...

The spider screamed its rage and pain, even more venomous goo blasting towards them though this time they were out of range. Jualian looked to Varick warily as she straightened to her feet. "Is it... done?" Those screams didn't seem to be ones of resignation or retreat.

Varick Lechner Varick Lechner

MwROg2L.png
The smile he received from Phoenix meant that Kurayami was managing to do something at least semi-useful on the backwater, podunk, mining planet. Not that he would say such things out loud yet but if this remained as uneventful as it had been thusfar, then he might just have to give voice to his sentiments. Stopping for a moment he sketched a bow in jest before answering her. "Glad to be of service Captain. I'll just need to know exactly how many of each explosive to order, then its just filling out the requisition forms and making sure that the request doesn't raise any eyebrows...hmmm, wonder who I need to bribe to do that. Or would that actually do the opposite of allay any suspicions? I'm not really used to the normal operations of military life anymore just bought them from the source for the past while."

Shrugging, he reached into his jacket and pulled out the flask, uncapping it before taking a long pull. Sighing as he went to put the flask back he thought to proffer it to Phoenix first.

"Want a sip? Don't worry I won't tell anyone, besides it would be stupid to rat out someone who is technically my superior. Oh yea, you're more than welcome to take a nip as well kiddo."

He nodded towards Gotz Redwall to let him know the offer was also open to him before taking the earpiece that Phoenix Edorath Phoenix Edorath handed to him. The soldier who had handed them to Phoenix was long gone by the time Kurayami looked up to thank him, oh well. No major loss there. and then came Redwall's assessment of Tholon. He couldn't help but laugh at how accurate it was. There was the thin veneer of propriety on the surface, but under that was a festering cesspit of corruption and exploitation. That wasn't why he was here though, it was something to do with finding and capturing some guy who called himself The Director.

The checkpoint, or what he assumed was a checkpoint, that they had been assigned to seemed to be extremely hastily put together. Either way, this was now their assignment and apparently it was relatively important probably. Unslinging the DC-17m from he shoulder he took up a position to the left of Phoenix, rifle held in a low ready position.

Resurgent Narrative

R
MwROg2L.png
Cptav6D.png
Information from Isobel Nakano had indeed flooded the streets, whispers were sent throughout the contingency of agents. The Army had been informed and sweeps would now be conducted by special operations, army special operations in conjunction with the other branches. Worked to sift through the city and Agent Sahani worked to blend in with the crowd. The Director by this point was no doubt feeling cornered, pinned - and if he managed his way off. Sahani knew there would be repercussions, she felt the chemical after wash of the tabac stick on her tongue as she inhaled yet another drag.
:: Sahani to Lotus, assets at your disposal special branch team on approach ::
Tholon's capital of Deephaven reminded Sahani of the mining colonies she had seen before and why she hated them. Depressing, and upsetting would have been an understatement. No doubt the First Order had plans to turn the coal into a diamond by means of various pressure. Still, Sahani thought a moment, it would take a lot of work.
:: Copy Sierra Six, rerouting assets to your location, packages on the way ending coordinates to you now ::
FOSOC would be sent toward Sierra Six, they'd have the ability to redirect the assets at their discretion. It was all part of welcoming Tholon their little Imperial family. She finished the tabac stick with a final drag and pluged it into a wall and watched as the embers were smothered by the cold brickface of the building and disappeared into an alley way.

Ares Havelock

A
MwROg2L.png
Ares, adequately recovered -- well, enough to get moving again -- crept back into the stairwell. The sounds he heard below were not encouraging. His ruse hadn't worked. They were in the building and making their way up. "Kriff. Kriff, kriff, krif, kriff," he spat under his breath. He turned and tripped over the top step, clattering to the ground noisily. He heard the sound of an alert below him and kept silent and still, waiting. They seemed to be moving. He hesitated, then leaned over the railing.

"There," one of the First Order forces said, raising his blaster.

"Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff," Ares groaned. He raised his own blaster, aiming it over the balustrade and fired. The man's faceplate melted and he collapsed, but there were more. He continued up the stairs, pausing to fire over his shoulder at the fire extinguisher on that landing, sending an explosive cloud of sight-obscuring chemical foam into the air, causing it to rain down on the stairs, making them slick and hazardous. He made his way to the roof and stumbled out onto the flat expanse of the apartment building's rooftop.

He thought he had made it unobserved, but he was wrong.

Isobel Nakano was watching through a nearby surveillance camera. She alerted the others. "He's on the roof of 1138 Hornwright. I've lost sight of him -- he's gone behind some kind of mechanical cabinet."

She scooted forward to the edge of her seat, her dark eyes narrowing. "Field Agent Sahani," said Isobel. "Can you confirm sniper report? Can we get them into position at... ahh, the Blackvein Financial Tower? That might be a good angle Sending coordinates now." She switched gears. "Vantoon, can you get your people there to back up Sierra Six?"

Ares crouched behind an air-conditioning unit on the opposite side of the apartment from the doorway to the stairwell. He waited. And when The Major The Major appeared, he raised his blaster and fired at her. "I'll give you 'rude'," he sniffed disdainfully.

Nima Vantoon

N
Nima and her squad her en route to the corner, when a flurry of information regarding the Director. Apparently, not only was he spotted, but they cornered him.

"He's on the roof of 1138 Hornwright. I've lost sight of him -- he's gone behind some kind of mechanical cabinet..."

"Vantoon, can you get your people there to back up Sierra Six?"

"Copy", she responded.

She looked at the men and unstrapped her shield. "Alive, if possible- Director Berik wants to talk to this one, personally."

She loosely grasped her lightsaber shotos, but not igniting them. They began to advance once more.

The Major The Major | Ares Havelock | Resurgent Narrative | Ryker Atreides

Quinlan Reade

Q
A brief frown of concern flashed in Governor Reade's expression but hastily he concealed it. Knights? Here? He didn't know much of them by way of reputation or otherwise but what he did know is that they belonged to those who called upon mysterious forces. It made him uneasy. Was this a move of intimidation on a part of the First Order? Perhaps their impending relationship was to be underscored by a hanging heavy club? Things to mull over in the privacy of his own head for the time being. "Ladies, Gentlemen." Quin listened to Renata as they ascended, nodding as she explained their system of governance. It was no small thing, no small act to sign away sovereignty in its own right to a larger entity such as an Empire - but it was exactly that promise that had led them to this point. It was that promise which had landed him back in a position of power such as this.

The now small group of persons had made their way up the sweeping staircase to an upper level, a wide carpet covering the floor as they traversed an ornate hallway. "This way, if you please." Quinlan motioned towards a set of double doors to the left. Cracked open, the room beyond was spacious - almost too much so for the small, out of place table and chairs at its center. "Apologies in advance, we're not quite moved in just yet." A forced smile stretched across Quin's lips. Having yet to respond, Quinlan waited for the others to be seated before he too joined them. "It's fortuitous that you're along Ms. Derzelas, medical services are one of my priorities here as you might imagine given both our geographic conditions as well as our heavy industry." his eyes traced from the FIMS doctor back to Moff Westaway. "I think that all sounds in good order. Our industry is strong as evidenced but we lack in a few key areas. Areas that I'd request assistance from your government for such as infrastructure, planetary defense, and not to delve too deep but there's plenty of legal considerations when it comes to existing law and Imperial Law. Weapons ownership, Tax burdens, tariffs." he trailed off. "All things to be sorted out in their own time. However, during this transition under the wing of the First Order I need guarantees that Tholon won't be subjected to another invasion like the last. We were able to survive but it's been hard on my people. I can't hop in bed with the First Order without some guarantees that we'll be protected given our resources and contributions to the cause." He paused once more, eyes resting on the Knight momentarily. "And of these knights. Tholon does not want them here." His words cut with an air of authority previously absent, less a suggestion and more of a stipulation of their agreement. "Barring that, perhaps it is an issue I could take up with your Supreme Leader - directly."

qKvDEP2.png

Matma stared back at Quinlan Reade, unblinking. He mulled over the words in his head. He wasn't quite not sure of the origins of the man's...trepidations against the Knights. Matma can certainly understand if the Governor encountered a group of Force users that abused their gifts. However, the Imperial Knights are an order that serves the public good- they hold no office, take no titles, and push come to shove, they go where they are needed by citizens of the First Order.

'And we aren't about to kow-tow to some jumped-up revolutionary. Is he serious? Who does he think he is?'

Outwardly, Matma was the picture of tranquility. He was here to safe guard Ariel Yvarro , Renata Westaway , and Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas - not engage in diplomatic negotiations.

Renata Westaway | Ariel Yvarro | Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas | Quinlan Reade

Renata Westaway

R
qKvDEP2.png
The Foreign Secretary clasped her hands together and frowned thoughtfully. "I'm afraid I may have to disappoint you, Quin," she said softly. "I can't offer you a guarantee that Tholon won't face an invasion, from the Ssi-Ruuk Imperium or from anyone else. That's not something that is in my power to give you, and if I said it was in order to get your signature on the dotted line, then I would be a liar and I would have made the Supreme Leader's government party to a lie. I value the integrity of this government too much, and frankly I value my working relationship with you too much to do that." She spread her hands, as if to show that she was holding no weapons, no hidden cards.

"What I can promise, and what I freely do promise, is that the First Order will defend Tholon against any threat to its stability and safety. As you can see, I, too, am more than aware of the dangers of invasion. I take it very seriously. But just as we are doing now, the First Order will use its manpower and technology and military equipment to safeguard this world." She paused and inclined her head, her one blue-green eye gazing across the table. "Which takes us to the First Imperial Knights. If you don't mind," said Renata, "I'd like to understand your objection to their presence."

She hesitated and pressed her fingertips together. "I ask because the Knights are here to help. They are servants of the state, a state that will include Tholon should you sign these papers." Renata indicated the leather folio. "Even now, they are participating in the dangerous work of evacuating the tunnels and disarming the bombs that the Director's partisans set. They are going into the oldest, most dangerous parts of the subterranean settlements in order to alert the residents there of the danger and to help them get out, because the communication and power infrastructure has collapsed and there is no other way to get them to safety."

Renata glanced over at Reardon and gave him a minute nod. The signal. He nodded and said, "Excuse me a moment, please." He let himself out into the corridor, reaching for his comlink.

"Given that," said the Foreign Secretary, turning her attention back to Reade. "If it were me, I'd feel more comfortable with the First Imperial Knights on Tholon than without, knowing that they were willing to put themselves in harm's way to serve its people. But perhaps there is something you see that I do not. What is the nature of your concern?"

Ariel Yvarro

A
qKvDEP2.png
Ariel had quietly followed Renata and the Governor, the subterranean world's splendor revealing itself ever so slowly. She plotted out what they would need, who to call, first and foremost the First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers. Reinforce the infrastructure already existing then carve out the new. Tram systems would need to be improved and implemented throughout the region. Redesigning the filtration system, the scent of rewashed air was horrible on its own they could do better. The First Order would do better and then FIMS would need to work and see how to rework the health system here.
It would all have to be looked over with a fine toothcomb. Step by step, piece by piece for Ariel had outlined a great deal for the planet already. Deephaven would serve its place as the historical marker of where this deal was made. It will be the industrial capital of the First Order and the political center of a new sector. Then the Governor made a call, two calls one for a promise that no government could ever truly make. The other regarding the Imperial Knights. Renata's words pressed forward, and Ariel remained quiet - there was a reason why Renata was in charge of the Foreign Office after all.
The young Galidraani woman did look over to the Doctor and then the Knight. A small look but a knowing one, and then her focus shifted as they followed the two people. Ariel's hands were behind her back as she continued to envision the future for both Tholon and the First Order.

Quinlan Reade

Q
The Moff gave the response he expected, it was a somewhat blatant tactic - his question. It had however produced the response he was looking for, at minimum a guarantee that the world would be protected. A standing army wouldn't be something he needed to consider, at least as such at this point. His expression hardened as conversation turned to the Force Users of the First Order. Ah yes, the fundamental question. What is the nature of my concern? Quin held his tongue momentarily, carefully choosing the words to use. "Tholon is an old world, embedded as deep in our tradition as we are under the surface here. History has not been kind to the lesser abled, those born of a normal existence. While I will be the first to admit the value of those abilities, I am not naive to the history of those inclined to manipulate this... Force." He tapped his finger gently on the table, trying to come up with the words.

"The Sith. The Ren. Even the Jedi." he mused. "I'm still wading in unknown waters here, so perhaps I spoke clumsily. It's not so much that these Knights of yours aren't welcome, full stop. It's more of a concern, my people's concern as much as my own you see?" He watched the Order's delegation quietly. Power like that was easy to corrupt, easy to abuse, easy to manipulate. History was wrought with examples, from the Galactic Empire of old to the Knights of Ren lead under Sieger, to the Sith Empire. You could dress it up any way you like but in Quinlan's eyes it was due reason for concern.

"You say they're different and that they're here to help. I see that, clearly, and I want to believe you but you must realize that there is valid reason for caution given the turbulence of the past when it comes to individuals of supernatural ability. Who do your Knights report to? Too often these individuals conduct themselves as if they are above the law based solely on their ability to manipulate the Force." A dark thought entered the Governor's mind, memories flashing back to the First Order's first visit to the planet. Flashing back to the death of his sister. Where were these Knights then? What now necessitates their presence as opposed to first contact? Doubts threatened to creep in and stifle him but he fought them back, forcing them to the back of his mind. "These Knights of yours wield great power. Whom then assumes the responsibility for them?"

OBJ 1

This the the Lieutenant Colonel didn't get a verbal confirmation as they sent another miner out. Someone of lower rank had that job designated to them. Once again, Omari had stepped out of the dropship and was overseeing the evacuation.

If the Tholon people didn't come into the fold of the First Order after this expenditure of military and medical support, then little would make sense to the once Black Ops Death Trooper turned back to stormtrooper marine. But thankfully, the world of government and bureaucracies wasn't one that he had to partake in, and if the day for that came, he would deny it, most probably.

Someone had to make sure the very same soldiers that were in those mines weren't getting sent on suicide missions needlessly.

"The evacuation is almost complete, Colonel."

Snapping his head to the side to the voice, his head bobbed. "Send word to the Tholon government. They'll be glad to hear it."

Within minutes Lt. Col Caceres would receive orders to be pulled out of the mines, along with the rest of the troopers that were sweeping the mines that weren't designated EOD technicians.

It really was a good day.

Gotz Redwall

G
MwROg2L.png

The former field marshal was pleased his companions shared his assessment. Anyone that thought fondly of a place like that was not someone Gotz wanted to associates with. He remained silent as the green women conversed with some of the local troopers, and quickly found himself puffing habitually on his pipe.

A brow was lofted as Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn made his offer. "Much as I'd love to partake, if I start now I won't be stopping." Gotz grumbled, a hint of displeasure intermixing with his good natured sarcasm. Other might take that as a joke, but he knew it for the truth that it was. He could function intoxicated - indeed he could even thrive if it came to violence, but his decision making more or less ceased to exist in the process.

This wasn't the place for that kind of thing. "I take it this isn't the best the First Order has to offer?" He asked no one in particular as he observed the 'checkpoint', or rather the assortment of random osik and tired sounding soldiers they called one.

This op was a bit confusing, and whilst technically he held the highest rank here, he wasn't about to assume such over those with more experience with the FO. He inclined his head toward Phoenix Edorath Phoenix Edorath , a puff of smoke curling up from his pipe as he awaited instruction.

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Fevris listened, as she always did, carefully and with attention. While her expression remained unmoved, the Doctor almost raised an eyebrow upon learning of Governor Reade's - and supposedly, Tholon's - distrust of the Knights. Fevris...understood the concern, as one more inclined towards hard sciences and that which could be explained through something other than this order's or the other's philosophies, the Doctor had found herself unnerved by force sensitives on more than one occasion. Specially since the day she had, albeit not intentionally, severed herself from the Force almost completely.

That did not mean, however, that she frowned upon force-users nor that she did not see the immeasurable value they held. Specially when their skills where in service of the people. The deep blue gaze of the woman met Knight Bernu's for a moment, while their interactions had been rarely anything other than the required greetings, he was a familiar sight by now and his presence did provide the Doctor with a sense of safety.

While she would remember to thank the man later, now her focus was required on the conversation at hand. Quinlan seemed like a capable individual, and she was sure the Moffs would address his concerns and requirements - her part would be played once the more pressing matters were discussed. Planetary safety and the Knights contribution to it being one of them.

"If I may say so, I do believe your concerns to be justified, Governor. The past is an unshakeable fact...just as are the Force and its many mysteries. I have shared your concerns in the past, but the truth remains that the Force and those who wield it will persist beyond those concerns. And, as is the case, I take great comfort in knowing the First Imperial Knights are committed to the service of the empire and its people just as much as we are," She gestured towards the Moffs. Then, she would wait until the moment came to address the topic she was here to address.

"As for FIMS, Tholon's citizens would benefit from the full services we provide to the empire should an agreement be reached. We have detailed our plan to work with Tholon's existing healthcare entities towards coordinating efforts plus development plans to either construct or renew facilities, properly equip, supply and man them." That was FIMS main objective whenever a new planet decided to join the Empire, but of course each of them had their own unique considerations to take into account.

"These have been laid out keeping in mind Tholon's industrial significance and accompanying working hazards. In addition, we are proposing the creation of smaller facilities in the more industrial areas to serve as first aid school centers so that all workers who wish to can receive medical emergency and safety measures training - a highly beneficial skill to adopt in their lines of work."

MwROg2L.png

Right in the face. Horrendous!

As the dead trooper collapsed the Major could only hope that it wasn’t too painful of a way to go, despite how awful a sizzling face could look and smell. Nevertheless she double timed up the stairs, emboldened that her prey was so close. The landing proved to be some deterrent, however, as the Chaser slipped and slid. She did maintain momentum despite the forward tumble. Her blaster rifle, not secured with a sling, fell free from her hands with a clatter.

No matter; it was barely worth her notice and she pushed on.

Following up after the target led her to the roof. It was a silly place to run, since this structure was taller than the surrounding buildings. So the Director either had an accomplice up here or was prepared to fight. With this in mind the Hunter jogged the final steps before the threshold, once again focusing her thrill into strange energy that flowed throughout her body.

Something inside her tensed, and then she charged through.

Ducking as the danger came proved fortuitous for the Major’s freckled face, with the bolt slicing past her ear, cosigning some strands of auburn to a state of ozone. She leapt over the next shot much like the stunt in the alley. Crashing into the Director wasn’t graceful, but it did enable her to knock his arm down as he fired again. Her weight and angle of hit knocked him down unto his back.

She felt justified in paying back his earlier kill by smashing his nose in with one fist before rolling over and pressing a shock baton into the target’s chest. It was rather simple at that point to maneuver him while some wattage ran through his body. Once he was cuffed, she leaned over to his ear while examining his face.

“Pleasure to meet you, Director.”

She followed that up by shoving the baton between his shoulders -which he shrugged so disdainfully today- and let him have another wave of the juice. She let it run through him for a bit in order to watch him twitch, but it didn’t make her feel any better about the trooper who was shot. The afterburn of adrenaline made her feel somewhat weak and shaky, not so much victorious.

Standing up, she called in the apprehension of the target across the network.

It was over, for now....

Nima Vantoon

N
MwROg2L.png

Nima and the OIS troops charged into the tower, blood pounding in her ears.

The time had come. They had this 'Director' cornered.

Her rage built up as she saw the corpse of the stormtrooper, his face smoking. Oh, this schutta was going to pay. They rounded the corner, getting to the roof and-

....Found The Major The Major most likely subduing a resisting Ares Havelock . Moments later, the call went out across the network- 'The Director' was in custody.

"...I need to make a comms call", Nima muttered, walking to a corner to call Orum Berik .

"Sir, Havelock is in custody, but I don't think we'll be able to take him now an-"

"Quite fine. His...utility for Project Harbinger was limited, at best. And that bring me to my next point- exfiltrate Tholon, and find your way into the rendezvous point. I will be taking an...expedition of sorts." The Director paused before continuing. "You may need to act as a representative for my-our- interests for a time. Come to be read in. This will take a while. Barik
, out."

skin, bone, and arrogance
qKvDEP2.png

[Theme]​
Natasi had been listening in to the negotiations since Reardon had requested that she make her approach to the planet. She was pleased that Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas was in the room; Natasi had heard nothing but favorable reports about the woman and her apparently encyclopedic knowledge of the medical infrastructure of the First Order. Her Foreign Secretary, Renata Westaway, and Moff Yvarro were both doing reasonably well, too. It was good to know that she was well-represented in the room.

But there were some things only Natasi Fortan could do.

She reached the royal residence and was ushered through security to meet Reardon, who quickly escorted her back to the conference room. Reardon paused in the entryway and said, "Governor Reade, may I present the Supreme Leader Natasi Fortan?" He stepped aside, admitting Natasi to enter and bowed his head as she passed. "Your Majesty, Governor Quinlan Reade of Tholon."

"Governor Reade," said Natasi. She stepped forward, between Renata and Ariel's chairs, and extended a hand across the table. "I understand you have some concerns about the First Imperial Knights. I appreciate those concerns; in my previous life I was suspicious, to put it mildly, about practitioners of Force religions, partly due to my religious upbringing and partly because of my experience with predecessor Sith Empires. As to your question, I believe you wanted to know who was responsible for the First Imperial Knights?"

By now, Renata had vacated her seat, shuffling down to a seat on the other side of Dr. Derzelas, and Natasi took the central seat. "The short answer is this: I am. The First Imperial Knights report to Knight-Commander Marionne Roule, and the Knight-Commander answers to me. The credit stops with me. I cannot control every action of every Knight, but I trust in the structures, the training, the culture we have put in place to govern the Knights and their training and operations. We have one excellent example with us here today," said Natasi, smiling over her shoulder at Matma Bernu Matma Bernu before she turned back to Reade, her dark eyes searching his features for a few moments before locking with his own gaze.

"As a leader, I know how unsatisfying an uncertain answer can be," she said, her voice lighter now, a slight smile gracing her lips. "But as a leader, I hope you won't let your concerns over the First Imperial Knights outweigh the opportunities that the First Order can offer to your people. We can do great things together -- that is something I can promise."

Quinlan Reade

Q
Despite his concern over the Order's Knights, Doctor Derzelas' discussion regarding the medical enhancements that a formal relationship would open up to Tholon and its people. She hit the nail on the head considering Deephaven's industrial prowess - and with industry came contamination except in the rarest of circumstances. Perhaps there's technology to gain in that respect as well. Quinlan would need to reach out to their economics representative as well. "Thank you Doctor." he said. "I do look forward to working together as we work on modernizing Tholon through our new partnership." Perhaps the most surprising part of the discussion wasn't the discussion so much as the interruption. Before he could digress down another route a sound at the door and the announcement of the Supreme Leader's arrival caught his tongue in his throat.

"Governor Reade, may I present the Supreme Leader Natasi Fortan?"
Balls. It had begun as merely a tactic but it seems his bluff had been called. His eyes darted quickly to the Doctor, then to Renata before rising to his feet. It couldn't have been the doctor, that left Renata. He gave her a wry grin as his attention turned to the Supreme Leader, her hand extended. "Your excellence." he gambled, extending his own hand and returning a firm handshake with a notable bow of his head. He waited for the Supreme Leader to be seated before responding quickly. "Yes, I did." He then sat and listened, studying the woman's features, eyes searching for... what? Emotion? Truthfullness? Quinlan had become fairly adept at reading people and their intentions over the last few years but even so the game of politicking was new to him - the woman's very visage spoke of genuine speech, her voice carried with it a tone of understanding. She was well polished.

Attention turned briefly to the Knight in the room, Quinlan's eyes following albeit briefly. It still made him uncomfortable but Natasi Fortan had unequivocally stated that they reported to her almost directly. He couldn't help but feel reassured despite his cynicism for their ilk. For a moment he tried to focus on that unease but it was swept away as the conversation continued, eyes meeting the Supreme Leader of the First Order's own. "I will hold you to that." he replied, holding gaze with the woman. No threat contained there within, no snide remark, merely a genuine promise that it was his duty to do so - not only for himself but for his people. For his sister. "I apologize for the state of things." he said, pivoting. "I certainly didn't expect a visit from.. Well, repairs are going a little slower than intended." he conceded the thought. "I hope you won't let that keep you from returning for a proper visit once we've cleaned up the mess left over by The Director?"

qKvDEP2.png
Natasi smiled politely and followed his gaze around the room. "Not to worry, Governor Reade," she said quietly, her dark eyes glinting with mischief. "I've been worse places recently. And as you know, much of what we once counted in our number have been digging themselves out of the rubble." She was about to say more when she noticed Reardon touching his earpiece, then leaning in to whisper to Moff Westaway, who in turn rose and approached Natasi.

"Your Majesty," Renata began. "First Order forces have confirmed that they have The Director in custody. He has been positively identified as Ares Havelock. The Bureau says he was a labor activist here before the war. And the majority of the civilian population has been evacuated from the tunnel complex. Efforts to disable the bombs are underway."

Natasi listened, then nodded. "Thank you," she said before turning her focus back to Quinlan Reade. "Speaking of The Director, my Foreign Secretary informs me that our forces have taken him into custody following a positive identification made by an operative that he held here. We gather he was trying to make it to a passport forger, but he was intercepted before he could make it far. We've also completed the bulk of evacuations and our people will begin disarming the explosives. It appears the crises are over."

She inclined her head and smiled across the table. "I'd be delighted to return whenever you feel prepared to have us," said Natasi. "In the meantime, shall we discuss Tholon's entry into the First Order?"

Quinlan Reade

Q
Quinlan couldn't help but overhear as Renata relayed the information. At mention of The Director his eyes narrowed, fists clenching below the edge of the table. Despite the good news regarding the evacuation efforts his mind threatened to wander till Natasi began addressing him again. Passport forger? We'll have to look into that. Now that the Director had been apprehended there would be a trial, though it pained him. "Well, your Order has proven their efficiency today haven't they?" he smiled. "Barring some specifics that I'm sure the eggheads can work out, I think we have an understanding." He bowed his head momentarily in deference. "Supreme Leader Fortan," he breathed. "On behalf of Tholon, I can say that we are ready. This joining will serve us both and I look forward to the future our worlds will build together."

A bit formal perhaps, or not formal enough? Hands moving towards a datapad, he tapped its screen a few times before pressing his thumb firmly upon a small rectangle outlined in red. After a quiet chirp he removed his finger, the biometric signature imposed upon the data file. "You'll find here a sworn statement along with my signature stating as such. I along with our people are putting our trust in you." he paused, making eye contact with the woman. "I fully believe your Excellency won't let us down and we shall strive to do the same."

qKvDEP2.png
Natasi's smile was broad as the Governor agreed to the terms and the Supreme Leader leaned over Renata Westaway's datapad to read through it. "Appreciative though I may be for your efforts, Foreign Secretary, I wonder if you might allow me to do the honors on this one? Our first expansion through diplomatic means of the new First Order. Fitting, don't you think?"

Renata deferred to her sovereign and set the datapad in front of Natasi on the table. The Supreme Leader peeled her gloves off carefully, setting them to one side, then picked up the datapad and pressed her thumb and signature onto the document. "Accepted by Natasi Josephine Fortan, Supreme Leader (or delegate)," she read out loud. She set the datapad down and reached across the table to shake hands with Reade.

"The press will want to do photos at some point with an actual piece of paper, but I think we can put them off for a little while as you continue to get your bearings. Now that that's done, perhaps you wouldn't mind showing us around the place. It's my first time on Tholon, after all..."

- Fin -​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom