Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Inquisitive Tournament

Force Users weren't entirely well liked among the Risen Empire. They were highly controlled for their gifts made them entirely too dangerous to be allowed to run amok. The near constant state of war that the Galaxy was under proved that. And so the Risen Empire sought them out, almost to the point of hunting them down. They had eyes in many places within their territory, and more still outside of it. If certain Force Users had skills that were deemed useful for the Risen Empire, they were often captured and brought to the Arena on O'reen.

Aeth Deschart was often there to oversee the battle or tournament taking place inside. For it was the survivors that would be chosen, chipped and given to their 'handlers'. The chips were implanted into the Force User's body, with the kill switch given to their 'handler'. At any point the 'handler' could press it, ending the Force User's life. Most Force Users became inquisitors, assassins or even hunters themselves. That all drpended on who they were assigned to.

It was their actions in the Arena that determined all of that.

snowpiercer-tv-show-jennifer-connelly.jpg

Kay stood infront of a handful of the latest 'collection' of Force Users. Her suit blue and white, almost representing how cold her heart had become due to the losses she had suffered. Her own Force Signature was shrunken down to that of a small tree nut; a skill that she had used often in her early years as a politician. Luzeri Luzeri , Quaela ( Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta ) and Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red were among them. Each of them had woken up in the cellblock in the Arena's subterranean level, chipped and shackled. All of their weapons were gone.

The guards on hand brought each Force User to their feet so that they all stood at attention before the Hand of the Empress.

"Welcome to the rest of your lives. You've all been chosen to participate in a tournament, a competition of sorts where the prize will be what element of freedom you may aquire. Each of you are chipped. Any attempts to escape and the chip will be activated once you leave this building, giving you an untimely end. Take a look around you. Your competition is eachother. And those watching will be sponsering their favourites. The higher the sponsorship, the higher the rewards for you. So it's in your best interest to do your best. Failure to do anything at all out of some sort of protest will only entice the Empress to see you all unfit and end your lives all the sooner.

You'll all be given a good meal and drink so that so that none of you are in a weakened state. In 90 minutes the tournament is set to start."
Kay brought up her datapad and stylus. "Now...state your name, your home planet and anything else you'd like the announcer to say in your introduction. First impressions are everything. Understand?"

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Aeth Deschart Luzeri Luzeri Quaela Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

Red woke up in a cellblock, with no memory of how he had gotten there. Of course, he was used to this sort of thing, plenty of people captured him for various nefarious reasons, so this was pretty standard for him. He felt drowsy, and slightly nauseous. He recognized his own symptoms and knew that he had been drugged. Once again, still pretty standard for Red. As his senses came back to him, he started examining his surroundings. They seemed to be underground, in a holding area. Red looked down at himself, he was shackled, and saw that all of his weapons were gone. Well, great, and he was fairly certain he had been chipped. Red noticed the other prisoners, all in the same state as him. Red saw multiple guards, and, he couldn't believe his eyes, Kay.

He knew Kay from a bit back. They had been acquaintances, yes, and Red had even more encounters with her family, meeting her daughter, Loreena, and having quite the expedition with her. He had even seen her back at a speed-dating show, which was odd. He knew that she was separated from her husband, and he had heard news that he had even died. Red could barely even sense her through the Force, it was like she was barely there. And, there was something different about her, something more... ominous.

"Kay? Is that you? What are you doing here? Why am I here?" He asked her as the guards brought the prisoners to their feet.

Then, Kay started talking. She even sounded different, colder, and more distant than the last time he saw her. Red listened to her. Tournament? Interesting. So they were chipped! Red knew it, and he knew that it most likely had a kill switch. He would have to be careful if he ever tried to remove out of his body, as he wan't afraid to do a little self-administered surgery.

Kay continued to speak. So the other people in here were also contestants, huh? Red looked over them, they all seemed to be Force users, like Red. So, if they did nothing, or if they resisted, they would be killed. This was a very delicate situation, and it would have to be handled carefully. "How can you do this Kay? What happened to you?" He asked her. This was not the Kay he remembered. Something happened to her.

She then asked for their names, home planets, and anything they wanted to say to say in their introduction. "Well, Kay, you already know, but you probably still need a response. My name is Subject 73, also known as Red. My homeworld is Planet 43654DG, but I heard that the new government there is naming it Cryptamec. What I want said in my introduction is that if you try anything, I will personally slit your throats, oh, and be sure to tell them that I am capable of doing that." He told her.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Quaela Aeth Deschart

Alesha felt consciousness returning, however, before she even opened her eyes she knew she wasn't alone. She felt the presence of other force users in the room, and sensed the guards. It took her a few seconds, remaining still, feigning to remain unconscious, until she realized what had happened. She was pulled to her feet and went ahead and opened her eyes to look drearily on those around her. Her body returning to its normal self swiftly. She was familiar with being drugged, and tortured, though this was only one of those two.

She knew exactly why she was here. Luzeri was already a part of the Risen empire. Had been for years. Unfortunately, there were some officers that simply hated her. Probably exclusively because of her force sensitivity. And perhaps, because it was so easy to put her down. No doubt this was the doing of one of them. Bad-mouthing and fake reporting her to their hearts content until she was essentially now being put on trial test of her abilities. She didn't have her standard weapon with her, the one perfect for scenarios like this.

She was already chipped, that part didn't really need repeating. In truth, she could have just been told where she was and she could have guessed the rest. She kept her head down, eyes glancing to the others. She looked at Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red as he addressed NPC Treasury NPC Treasury by name. He knew her name, and seemed to know her personally. This wasn't a new meeting for him.

He also gave his introduction, including a warning. She wasn't a master, not at all. She wasn't trained to be one. She however was good at something. She lifted her head, her face changing as she did so. She stood straight, "My name is Alesha Luzeri. I don't remember the name of my home-world I'm sure it's on file somewhere." she looked at Red, set to look him dead in the eyes. They didn't show fear for him. Just looked pained. As if she was going through a daily routine that was always unpleasant, but in which she saw no end. "I've been taught specifically how to deal with force users. This is not new to me. And the ability to kill one is not worth bragging about."

It was extremely short statement. Then she looked forwards again. It didn't mean she wasn't keeping track of him. Or the other contestant or guards present.

She was considerably shorter than Red. And one of her eyes was injured from the torture she'd gone through. But she didn't seem to show any change from waking up and now. No sign of anger, or frustration. She'd use it when the time came. Right now, it wasn't going to give her any help. She intended to keep most of her cards in her sleeve for now. No need to taunt, flaunt, or show her abilities that she had. Just wait. She hoped that they'd let her use a weapon, especially if they let her use her own or a type of lance or spear as she preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom