Intent: To create Interceptors for the Agents of Chaos and to fill a creative itch I am feeling.
Image Source: CGTrader
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
Manufacturer: Agents of Chaos
Affiliation: Agents of Chaos
Model: iNf-46 Needle
Length: 10.5 meters
Width: 3.5 meters
Height: 2 meters
Defenses: very Low
Squadron Count: High | 16
Maneuverability Rating: Very High
Speed Rating: High
Hyperdrive Class: None
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Deflector Shield Generator
- Standard Ion Engines
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Repulsorlift Engines
- Standard Sensor Array
- Standard Targeting Systems
- Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
- Astromech Socket
- "Screamer" Active Jammer
- En Mass: The Needle is a strong, nimble intercepter able to be stored easily, deployed en mass. Thanks to their design they are ideal for swarm tactics and fighter-to-fighter combat. They are designed for rapid deployment and rapid exit from hangars to be ready to go in a moment’s notice.
- Rapid reload: The Needle’s payload underbelly has a magazine chamber for their payload, making reloading it as easy as ejecting one and inserting the other.
- No Hyperdrive: The Needle has no Hyperdrive, requiring it to be carried into combat by other, larger ships or for it to remain stationed on planets or space stations. If their ride were to flee--for some reason--then they would be left helpless for a ride back home…
- Weak Underbelly: The Interceptor’s payload of rockets, torpedos, etc, is basically exposed on its underbelly. The only thing separating it from the void of space is a half-inch thick sheet of Quadranium steel.
Built to fill a need within the growing forces of the Agents of Chaos, the Needle is a nimble, small fighter, designed to prick away at the enemy forces. Nyree got the idea of the vessel in the middle of a drunken rave when one giant, dolting fool stumbled in front of her, blocking her view of the stage, and one particularly great Go-go dancer. To make things worse, he smelled like the bad end of a bantha crap shovel.
“I hope you die, stabbed by a thousand needles!” she shouted. And, as all, misunderstood geniuses are, Nyree was taken way too seriously.
The shipwright who she was hooking up with at the Rave dedicated the better part of three months to make her dream a reality. He crafted, designed, and created what became the iNf-46 Needle, an interceptor worthy of the title. The first squadron of iNf-46’s spent their maiden voyage and proof-of-concept run carpet bombing and killing the man’s entire home town. After this poor shipwright was arrested for his crimes against humanity and subsequently executed, Nyree received an email from the shipwright professing his undying love and showing how he did it all for her. Attached were the schematics for the iNf-46 Needle’s creation.
Nyree of course, was completely surprised. It was just a fling--she’d forgotten about the whole date until she got the email but that’s showbiz baby. A woman of incredibly flexible morality, Nyree made a few modifications to the design to her own liking and sold them to the Agents of Chaos for production and use.
Now the iNf-46 is another part of the Agents of Chaos’ growing armed forces. They serve as great fighter defenses for larger vessels, incredible swarms attackers for the behemoths who have poor/no fighter defense, and solid planetary defense. Their advanced speed, agility, and weaponry makes them more than able to hold their own in decent dog fights--and in the event they encounter a ship too fast for them to take one on one, the iNf-46 has the advantage of numbers on their side. With a rapid reload option for their payload, the iNf-46 can make quick carpet or dash runs and scurry back for another run in a short amount of time.
Unfortunately, there is a price for basically strapping guns to an engine and calling it a ship. The iNf-46 lacks a hyperdrive, limiting its deployment capacity to what other ships can do for it, or where its home bases are located. Perhaps even more dangerous, their rapid reload ability leaves their underbelly vulnerable.