Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Induction Point

Something happened in those few moments when the rhythm of the duel caught on. Jayce slowly began thinking less and less about his next counterstrike. The tension in his muscles fell away and his body reacted on instinct.

The duel became almost an out of body experience. Like he was viewing his own actions from a distance, watching them like Amani might. Too slowly, he realized why. He had surrendered to the Force and taken a back seat in his own body. In this state, his body moved more fluidly, gracefully ducking the droid's strikes or stepping just outside its range.

When Jayce attacked, he didn't so much as look for an opening as he just knew where it was. His mind empty of fear or anxiety, his parries and ripostes lacked the sudden jerkiness of his nerves getting the better of him. So when the droid shifted from Form II back to Form I, he adjusted his style as well, intercepted the strike, and then plunged a jabbing attack of his own towards the droid's central chassis.

The moment felt like an eternity; but it was just a moment, ending as quickly as it had come, leaving him wondering how the hell he managed to do that.

There was a noticeable moment in the duel, where Amani saw Jayce change. He discovered, consciously or subconsciously, a rhythm. No longer was the padawan just fighting to stay on his toes; He was fighting to win. His master stepped a hair closer to the mat, as if to study closer.

Kayjay might have had the upper hand on his maximum level. But he wasn't set to fight on par with a master right now, he was set to fight on par with a padawan. And in that moment, Jayce surpassed the training droid's programming. For all Kayjay's efficiency, he couldn't match the "human" element. The student's blade tipped the frontmost plate of Kayjay's frame, and that was enough. He stumbled back under the jolt of electricity, and fell to one knee as his systems underwent a momentary reset.

Then, the droid stood up, disengaged his training saber, and offered a bow, "Well struck, Padawan Rotsu."

"Indeed," Amani interjected, stepping up between them, "Not bad at all, Jayce. What happened there?" She inquired, hoping to get an understanding of his thought process.

Jayce felt dizzy. Dizzy, but good.

The compliment from Kayjay and his Master's agreement washed over him like a healing salve. He could do this. He could.

"I don't know," he told Amani truthfully. "I reached out to touch the Force and, suddenly, it was like I was watching myself from outside." Already, the memory was fuzzy. Like it had happened long ago to someone else. "The body was mine. The lightsaber. But the movements were too fluid, almost like a dance."

He glanced up at his Master with sudden anxiety, realizing her question hadn't exactly been a praising one. "Did I— do something wrong?"

He hoped not. He had not struck out in anger or fear. At least, he didn't think so.

Amani rubbed her chin pensively, "Well… out of body experiences aren't too uncommon to Force users. Having one while in combat, though…" She trailed off, not wanting to diagnose anything without a better understanding. She blinked out of her contemplation, registering the padawan's anxious question, "No, no. Not at all, Jayce," The mirialan waved a hand as if to dismiss the notion, "I was just curious is all. It was... abruptly noticeable, even as an onlooker." At least for her it was.

Whatever that change might be, they'd have to look into it further. But for now, Amani simply wanted to congratulate him on his victory, "You did well. We'll stop training there for today." Kayjay bowed again, and left the room. Then she bowed as well, and smiled, "You have promise, whether you see it now or not. I look forward to being your teacher."

The words of praise hit Jayce in an empty spot he didn't know he had. Words of encouragement from his Master. From Master to apprentice. He could do this. His dreams of being a Jedi could be true. He just needed to keep training. Keep pushing. Eventually, the Force would see him through.

He bowed to Master Organa in turn. "Your lessons are welcome, Master Organa," he said, an ounce of emotion creeping into his voice where there had been none before. "I look forward to learning all I can from you."

He still wasn't sure what had happened. Why the Force had carried him away so. But now he had a shot of learning, and a teacher to help him work his way through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom