Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Your Eyes... [Thurion]

3575c544-6c31-42a2-a9c7-7b4341a2b7ad_zpsu4vt8pke.jpg

.. In your bright blue eyes, I see your soul, incomplete.

Pelagon
On Board the Oathkeeper
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

----------------------------------------------------------

She turned to her husband searching his face to see what might be on his mind. Before them the view of Pelagon, the beautiful planet bathed in the light of eventide and a soft yellowish hue sparkled on the ocean waters which seemed to stretch endlessly toward the horizon. The city below nestled within the walls of an isle with extended platforms over the water which served the city in a functionary manner, with landing platforms and facilities for the use and convenience of the locals and visitors alike. In the distance residences seemed to float on the water, light shimmering with welcome light provided for those returning home from a days work, filled Coci's heart with a comfort she had not felt in some time.

Many years ago now, when they first started dating, Coci had taken Nina and Thurion to Corellia. Before it's destruction. She took them to her home, where she had grown up within the walls of House Sinopi and like any couple that love each other, it is a way in which to get to know your beloved more, to see them in a new light. Again Thurion and Coci returned to Corellia after the destruction, she had to see with her own eyes what had happened to her beloved home land, it was a trip that she will never forget, the sight of Corellia broken in two, toxic and death everywhere was more then she could cope with .. regardless of the efforts of those trying to rebuild it, Corellia will never be the same, there had been too much loss, pain and suffering for all Corellians. The planet might one day be rebuilt but the lives of those destroyed will never be. She was one of the lucky ones ... she had a life to live.

Yet, Coci felt a sense of displacement. Her Corellian wanderlust had had her on the move from an early age, after leaving Corellia to join the Army of Light, to Coruscant to join the Galactic Republic and enter the secret walls of the intelligence department, to Voss and the Order of the Silver Jedi, Tabaqui, Midvinter .. and although all these places held a place in her heart, they had been removed from her in some form or another. In her heart there was no sense of belonging to any place, and Pelagon would not provide that either, that is not why they are here, not for her.

It had been thirty years or more since Thurion had returned to Pelagon, he had hardly spoke to her about it, keeping that part of his life deep within his chest, and for good reason .. the pain of his soul, his heart had been cut deep and the scars of the events never truly healed for him. But now, they are much older, life experience now showed on their faces and in their eyes open for them both to read. The lines of happiness showed around Coci's eyes, her hair as black as the night sky now flecked with the first signs of graying and she was tired. She longed for a place in which to rest and be a wife, she deserved that much and the time was coming for her to do just that.

Her hand lifted to rest upon Thurion's chest, over his heart and she looked up into her beloveds face. "What are you thinking my love?", she asked with her head tilted to the side and she smiled.

When Pelagon came into view, Thurion's eyes were glued to it. This large, blue sphere held more pain and sorrow than any other, but they were old fears and old scars, some of which had been allowed to heal while others hadn't. He'd been reunited with his brother at long last, he'd forgiven his father for abandoning them, so what was it about Pelagon that made him feel uneasy? Feeling his beloved's hand upon his chest, Thurion broke his staring match with Pelagon and looked down into Coci's face with a soft smile. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a close embrace, resting his chin upon her head while caressing her long, black hair.

Again his gaze settled upon the aquatic world. What was he thinking of? "Home," he told her. "You. Our children. My brother, my father..." He pulled away ever so slightly from their embrace and gazed into her eyes, sparkling like black diamonds. "I've long since learned that it is the people that makes home what it is, not the place itself. Never has that been more obvious to me than it is now." He then leaned forward to place his lips upon hers as the ship descended upon the planet below. Pelagon held no special place in his heart. It had never been 'home' to him.

Once the Oathkeeper had set down on one of the landing pads, Thurion joined Coci by the exit with slight trepidation in his step. He had no idea how he'd react to seeing that place again after so long. Last time had not gone so great, when he returned here with Asha to put his past behind him. Despite being much older, he couldn't help but feel 30 years younger the moment he set foot on Pelagon "soil". His hand clutched hers tightly; he found himself in need of her strength and comfort.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

This was not first time to Pelagon, having been here twenty years ago, may had it been that long? She was pregnant with Théo, when she answered a calling from Sarah and had found the small home in which she once lived with Thrand and Thyrian. It was a strange trip, the family that lived there welcomed her in and the father of the two boys had 'visions' of her visit. A former Jedi Knight retired from the Order in order to raise his sons, had a locket for her. Thurion knew of the rest of that history. And as she took up position by her husbands side and felt the firm grasp of his hand, she looked out over the waters toward the city. "I know home is about family and not the place, but maybe it is one of the differences between men and women, I need a place in which I can be what I am .. to nourish and nurture those I love". Although she did not like to generalise, but yes, a place in which to do this is more important to Coci then she would ever let on to him.

Coci raised his hand and placed a kiss upon his fingers laced with hers. Her strength would always be his, always available for him to draw upon in times of need. His trepidation was felt through their force bond, returning to him would be her caring and comfort to help him face whatever ghosts would appear to him. With gentle encouragement, Coci lead Thurion along the walkway from the landing platform, which stretched across the calm waters. It was rather pleasant, the way lit with soft lighting which flickered on the water, silver. The water so calm it was like looking into a mirror, the reflections of the stars slowly appearing in the night sky greeted anyone that care to find them. There was no hurry in their purpose, and from time to time the couple would pause to take in the view and for her to wonder what lay beneath the waves. "Théo would love it here", she suddenly spoke of their son who has a love for the water.

She stopped Thurion by one of the feature lights on the way and turned her face to him, "I love you, remember that and nothing will hurt you", never here nor anywhere, her lips found his and lingered with full intent of expressing her love, time after time.

They entered the outskirts of the city.

After she'd stopped and kissed him, Thurion found himself unable to break eye contact with her, instead losing himself in those dark mirrors of hers. How lucky was he to have someone like her to love and hold, to turn to for strength and comfort. He leaned forward until his forehead connected with hers, and his nose rubbed against hers while he gazed into her eyes. "Ek elska þik," he whispered softly in the tongue of his ancestors. His arms had wrapped themselves around her, and for a moment he felt like never leaving this spot for anything in the world.

Eventually their embrace came to an end, yet his hand remained in hers as they wandered the streets of Pelagar, the capital of Pelagon. The sun had long since set on the horizon and the stars shone brightly in the blackened sky. There were not many people outside at this hour, and those few who were seemed to enjoy a leisurely stroll in no particular hurry. The city had a calm about it, one that he as a child had never appreciated or taken notice of.

Knowing exactly where to go - for little had changed in the many years he'd been away - Thurion led Coci through the marketplace where shopkeepers and stalls were in the middle of closing shop. "The last time I walked these grounds was with her," he told her as they strode past one particular stall where decades ago he'd the two brothers out by buying them a loaf of bread with what little he had on him. "Asha took me here a few years into my training to face my demons. I have never felt as vulnerable as I did then." His hand squeezed Coci's as they left the market behind and headed down one of the less trafficked streets.

"Not much further now." One more bend and there it stood, exactly how he remembered it. Last time it was still under construction, but now there were clear signs of it being in use, with lights shining through the windows. Thurion tensed up slightly, and was for a moment rendered immobile. "We're here."

This was a different part of the city, one she had not seen on her first visit here and as they walked along the clean streetscape she noted how calm the place was. It bustled with the usual way of life, for those that call this place home, some people hurrying home to be with loved ones after finishing their work for the day, others out seeking entertainment, and the market place quiet now as the most of the stalls shut up for the day having sold all their wares and goods. She felt relaxed here, no sense of any urgency or danger hanging over the city, there was no need to look over ones shoulder in case something lurked to threaten them. Yet, Thurion advanced with each step, growing more tense, she could feel it running through their bond and for reassurance her hand held his with a firm touch.

He spoke of the past, of the last time he had come here as a young boy with his master. Demons may have been faced then, but they had not been banished .. not entirely so. How could they ever be? That was evident enough with history of recent times, the reunion of brothers and fathers .. the loses and the pain. It was difficult to find words of reassurance, that all was well for she did not know what images were playing in his mind. "Ég elska þig af öllu mínu hjarta", she said softly only enough for him to hear them.

Before them stood a building warmly and welcoming to the senses, soft glowing light shone through the windows and their was the scent of food cooking which tickled her nose. The place before then so inviting but even she could 'see' the ghosts of time within the walls. She turned and looked into her husband's face, his eyes firmly fixed on the door with no outward show of any emotion, yet his eyes seemed to pierce the walls as if searching for something. In this moment, the sound of laughter filtered through the door and spilled out onto the street on which they stood, it was the laughter of children. She would wait for him however, wait for the time in which he was ready to enter the place.

For the moment Thurion felt content with simply standing there, examining every nook and cranny of the building and its surroundings from afar. The vivid image in the back of his head had the entire place engulfed in flames, yet all his senses told him such was not the case. Given the many years this imitation of the rundown place he had once called home must have operated since last he laid eyes on it, it looked well-cared-for; the surrounding flora appeared regularly watered and maintained, with neatly-trimmed, waist-high hedges lining the inside of the wooden fence. A few children's toys lay scattered about the porch, left sitting there with carefree abandon.

Slowly his hand reached out until it found the wooden surface of the picket fence, and he drew a long, deep breath as a sense of calm washed over him. "I'm ready," he whispered to Coci as his hand held onto hers. The unlocked gate swung open as they entered the orphanage grounds, and Thurion even made sure to close it behind them before proceeding towards the porch and front door. The laughter of children grew more prominent the closer they got, yet Thurion hesitated to knock on the door. Instead he bent over to pick up one of the toys, which upon closer inspection appeared to have been recently purchased given the pristine condition it was in.

"Hey, look! There's someone at the door," one of the children could be heard saying with great excitement, prompting Thurion to freeze in place. The next moment the front door flew open and a large group of small children - none looking older than five years old - greeted the two with a mix of astonishment and curiosity. Thurion merely stood there with toy in hand, and neither him nor the children seemed able to speak. Instead he handed over the toy to one of the little ones, who then smiled up at him. Finally one of the caretakers showed up, wiping her hands on the apron hanging from her waist. "Hello? Sorry, we were in the middle of baking." The woman appeared to be in her early twenties, and her eyes darted between him and Coci. "You're... you're not from child services, are you?"

Clearing his throat, Thurion finally managed to speak. "Erm, no. We're not." He turned to his wife and then back to the young woman. "I... grew up in the neighborhood and am revisiting my old stomping grounds, is all. I'm Thurion, and this is Coci, my wife." One of the children approached him and latched onto his leg, barely tall enough to reach up to his waist. "Oh, pleasure to meet you," she replied with a smile. "I'm Nemaea, one of the caretakers. I'm sure you must be weary from your travels, why don't you come inside and we'll get you something to eat? You can help out with the baking, if you want." There was a cheerful tone to her voice, and she stepped aside and held the door open for the two to enter.

Thurion swallowed hard before stepping inside, child still locked around his right leg and giggling from the short ride over the threshold.

She gently squeezed his hand for reassurance as they walked through the gate and into the small garden. These are moments that cannot be shared, the experience that Thurion had as a young boy would not be something she could remove for him, but although very painful even with Thyrian back in his life, the event that took place here would always be a scar on his soul, how could it not be? Such devastation to lives that should have known happiness, death had brought them both to this place, and ‘death’ revisited and removed another in the form of his brother. All Coci could do was to provide him the opportunity to finally lay this event to rest, and be there for him if Thurion required her love for support.

She felt his body tense up as small voices spoke noticing their arrival on the threshold. Before they knew it, the door opened and the warmth of the room within washed over her, the light of yellow glow they saw from the street, soft and welcoming. “Greetings Nemaea, please forgive our intrusion on this hour”, she offered with a smile, “And thank you for your welcome”, she said to the small child clinging to Thurion leg. Coci reached out her hand for the child to take, “Would you do me the honour to show me your home?”.

The young child hesitated for a moment, not really wanting to let go of Thurion, he had enjoyed to impromptu ride and hope it would continue for the duration of the tall man’s stay. Eventually, however, the child did and took Coci’s hand but continued to marvel at the tall mountain of a man before him. “Would you like to see where we play? And my bedroom?”, the young lad asked them both. But before the young man had his way, the carerer intervened, “Before you do that young man, let them have something to drink and eat and rest”.

The young girl lead them into the kitchen and provided a seat and some food for them to enjoy. The scent of the baking wonderful to the senses, which made Coci realise she was indeed, hungry. The tea was good too, and so she enjoyed the food given to them. The young boy, sat with them, watching their every move, taking them all in, especially Thurion. Finally, the young lady spoke to Thurion, “You said you once lived around here? I assume you are native to the Pelagon?”. As much as Nemaea loved her work, it was nice to have adults to speak to from time to time. Coci’s hand found it’s way to Thurion’s arm resting there for support, she turned to look into his beautiful blue eyes with smiling eyes of her own. It is his story, and she wanted to hear it as much as anything. Even though she knew it well enough ..

Thurion couldn't stay away from the lure of a glass of blue milk being served to him for long, and after a quiet sip or two his moustache would appear slightly more blue than usual. Realising this, he was just about to use the back of his hand to wipe it off when his eyes turned to the little boy sat next to him, watching him with great interest. He stopped what he was doing and instead picked up his napkin and used it to rid himself of the blueness around his lips. Knowing how impressionable children are at that age, he wasn't about to set a bad example. Thank all the gods he had Coci to help remind him when they raised their own son, although having spent so much time on Midvinter probably wiped the Théo's mind of any semblance of table manners.

"Uh, not exactly," he began answering her question. "My mother was born to a noble family on Alderaan and was handed over to the Jedi before she was old enough to walk. And dad, he..." His gaze dropped to the blue contents of his glass before continuing. "He was from a planet called Midvinter, a long way from here. They settled down here on Pelagon, over in the fisherman district. Dad worked in construction and mom became a doctor at the old People's Choice Hospital. That's about all I know about their time here..." Thurion looked to his wife as his hand squeezed hers gently, then back at the young woman listening intently.

"They had a child together, my older brother Thyrian. I wasn't born until five years later." He then turned to the boy at his side, who beamed an irresistable smile at him. Thurion smiled back and settled a hand in the lad's unkempt hair. "You remind me of my boy, Théodred."

The young girl looked at Thurion more curious then before, "So, what is your connection to this place", her eyes looked around the room as if looking over the entire building as she continue to prepare some food. Coci turned to Thurion, his hand still resting in hers and she pulled it closer to her and to her lap, her fingers playing with his wedding ring. This was his story to tell, and she would leave what details he wished to impart entirely up to him.

The young boy by his side did look a little like Théo at that age, and none less the inquisitive and full of wonder and adventure. Most boys are really she supposed. "I did not know your mother worked in a hospital", Coci finally spoke up to ease Thurion's tension as best she could. Sarah had been Jedi that much Coci knew for certain, but now it was clear she had been a healer as well. From here it must be his connection and strength to the art as well.

At this point Thurion guessed there was no point in dancing around the issue. He turned to look into the eyes of his wife; a source of neverending strength for him was to lose himself in her infinitely dark pools so striking and mysterious. In spite of knowing her so entirely, he'd never reach the bottom of those eyes of hers. "I didn't know, either," he spoke as his thumb caressed her hand in his, then turned to the young caretaker. "My mother passed away from complications when she gave birth to me. I was only told many years later by my older brother that she'd been a doctor herself." Best to let it all out, at this point.

"My father left after her death. He couldn't deal with the grief and having us around only added to his shattered heart. Too much of her in us, you see..." That had been the truth of it, but he had long since forgiven his father for his abandonment of him and Thyrian. Where had their lives taken them, had he brought them with him to Midvinter all those years ago? Would he have ever met the woman sat beside him now? Would he have ever become a Jedi, even? No sense in dwelling on these things, for doing could drive a man insane. There was just no way of knowing all the ifs.

"My brother was the one who raised me. We grew up on the streets, but Thyrian would never let me commit any of the acts required for us to survive; pick-pocketing, stealing, begging... All these things he would do to keep us fed, and me above all. It wasn't until years later that we were taken in by the caretaker of an orphanage." He gestured to the room they were in. "This orphanage. Only, at the time it was a rundown shed compared to this. Still, it was better than living on the streets. The first time I'd ever slept in a real bed..."

He then grew silent for a moment as he contemplated whether to speak of his brother's death and the burning down of the old orphanage. He decided not to, not with the child sitting right next to him. "I'm glad to see the place got spruced up since my time. It's the least they could afford these little ones."

Of course she knew of most of the details of her husband's life as a young boy. Over time together he had spoke of it, but never with such feeling and detail. Coci had always felt he kept things close to his chest in this regard and this she understood greatly. It is painful, regardless of the fact that Thyrian is back his life, the events that had brought them all to this point was still lined with the loss of loved ones. Time had been lost for the two brothers, but now time had given back to them and they will not part again.

However, the more he spoke of life for the two young boys, the more she got to know them both. Odd how after all these years together she is still learning about her husband, which is a blessing. She could sense his trepidation, a feeling of resignation running through his presence, and as each word passed his lips, Coci's eyes welled with tears. For once he spoke of the place, this place as once being his first home and knowing what transpired after, she understood his reluctance.

Her hand grasped his, threading her fingers through his and she looked into his brilliant blue eyes. "Your brother is an incredible person", she said softly and paused for a moment, considering what had happened to him thereafter. "Although life tore you apart and took you both to walk different paths, that path has now returned to you become the same one. Thyrian is a very good man, his heart only knows love".

And as this is true of Thyrian, it is more so for the wonderful man sitting beside her and it was inconceivable that it was possible, to her that in this moment her love for Thurion grew even more. "But the man beside me, I know to be .. extraordinary". She raised his hand to face, her cheek rested against it before she kissed his hand tenderly. It was difficult for him to come back here, to see what stands on the very spot in which he had lost Thyrian, but without their past they would not be the men they are today. No one is void of impression or what life experience gives us, it is the decisions that are made with this that define the man or woman. Regardless of what life throws at you, a person has the ability to .. choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom