Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Tune

She watched Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru become distant, bordering on hostile. Maestus studied her, more curious than ever about this strange woman.

Maestus felt as Alina attempted to sever her connection to the Dark Side. Her eyes snapped into slits, and she summoned the Dark Side to her, bolstering her already strong connection. She felt strength coming from Alina. Chaotic though. unfocused Maestus thought.

With effort, Maestus repelled Alina. She was breathing deep and hard by the end of it. And then she curled her lips into a smirk, and nodded approvingly.

Very well done. I can feel your strength in the Force.

Maestus nodded once to Alina, then turned and began inspecting more crystals a few meters further into the cave.

You'll forgive me, I trust, for my mental probing. It is ingrained in me to instantly search for weakness in those I meet. Most can not repel me, they simply aren't stronger than myself.

She paused in speaking, to study a faint yellow crystal. She reached up, plucking it as one would a delicate rose. She held it up to her eye for a second or two. Then it disappeared into the folds of her robes with the purple crystal.

How much training and teaching have you had in the Dark Side of the Force, Alina?

20201214_225131.png

INGA2ts.png

"More than you, if you're so willing to make enemies of strangers." Her eyes stayed narrowed on Maestus Maestus , the hate palpable in the air. Alina had little issue with people knowing her life or what she did, but getting in her head was a line crossed that wouldn't be so easy to take back. As the yellow crystal was lifted she reached out with that same connection. The Twi'lek proved to be too hard to sever.

The crystal was not.

The glow faded immediately, leaving it just a dull, lifeless gem.

"You do not have the strength to be so careless."

Maestus chuckle softly as the crystal's glow faded. As with all things useless to her, it was easily discarded. Dropped to the ground. She turned a slow circle back to Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . She could feel the hate rolling off her. Maestus nodded in slow approval.

Do not presume to think me weak, simply because you severed the Force to a crystal. That would make the assumption that the crystal held some sentimental attachment. Meaning, if you will.

She shook her head. Lips curling into something between a sneer and smirk. She would stoke the rage within her new companion. See what her power truly was.

That crystal was a mere tool. As are all the crystals in here. A means to an end. And when the means are no longer useful...

Her boot came up quickly and smashed down on the now useless yellow crystal. Her eyes remained fixed on Alina. The girl intrigued Maestus. She had raw potential that needed direction and honing. Maestus knew she could help. But she did not know if she could teach her fully. And there was also the consideration of whether or not Alina would be receptive. Maestus felt the blockade she had around herself, especially now.

I can feel your hate. Both with and without the Dark Side of the Force. Embrace it. Feel the raw power in a pure emotion. You musn't let yourself be consumed by it. For that is a weakness, and a failure. To be all consumed and let the emotion control and direct you is not the goal. To take those emotions, harness them. Bend and break them to your will. You will not conquer anything else, until you have first mastered yourself.

With that said, she sank to the floor sitting cross legged. Resting her hands lightly in her lap, she closed her eyes and opened herself fully to the Dark Side. Alina could feel the Force energy increasing around Maestus. Yet Alina would sense no hostility or evil intentions. It would appear Maestus was...Meditating.

20201214_225131.png

INGA2ts.png

"I presume you to be weak because only the weak talk about power and how to use it instead of showing." This ironically wasn't the first time she'd come face to face with a Sith who enjoyed telling her that she was untrained or unfocused. That she needed a lesson in the basics of how to channel the Dark Side. She knew all the tricks. The basics. More than any other Acolyte would. Because she couldn't use the Force as others did. Still couldn't.

Alina sensed nothing from Maestus Maestus . She could not sense the Force. Like how she could mute it in others, it was always mute for her. That was the cost of her power. But it wasn't completely uncontrolable. Where the Twi'lek decided to sit, Alina decided to leave. She took a single step forward, then wasn't there. In the blink of an eye she bypassed the other acolyte completely. A burst of speed that no human eye could follow. She was faster than what should of been possible as an acolyte. Much faster.

"Enjoy your crystals."

Maestus listened as Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru dressed her down. She shook her head, and stood up, pocketing the purple crystal. She made no attempt to stop the woman. She had moved too fast and had a head start.

Instead, she reached out mentally, reaching into Alina's mind. One thing Maestus knew about herself, was that she had a great strength of will. It was that, that she relied on right now. There was nothing malicious, or even painful about this instance. It was merely Maestus voice, soft yet firm.

There is no reason to go. I have no intention of getting into a power contest with you. You intrigue me. I'd like further conversation. Perhaps we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement.

If/When Alina pushed Maestus from her mind, she wouldn't fight it. She would let the woman go freely. In the meantime, Maestus resumed her search for crystals. She found another yellow one, pocketing it.

20201214_225131.png

370d9lz.png

"When you've learned manners, perhaps we can speak again." There was a venomous tone in her voice as Alina shot a glare over her shoulder. The warning had been clear. Enter the human's mind again, and they'd be enemies. Maestus Maestus certainly chose to push as much as she possibly could. It was a tipping point for the young acolyte. Her patience was gone, but she still didn't wish to fight. Why would she? That's not why she came here. Alina turned back away, heading towards her ship.

She was done here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom