Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Tune

370d9lz.png

Matukai was the belief of meditation with martial arts. During drills and practice to find a center and calm within one's self. For a Sith, this contradicted the emotion fueled training that they used to control the Force. Peace is a lie, after all. But for Alina, the Matukai was how she could best channel the Force as a weapon. Making her already trained body into a more powerful weapon than she could as a human. So she melded the two beliefs. Her own interpretation of the Sith Code. Her passion would fuel her power, but she would control it. She would be the calm of the storm while others would have no choice but to face the tearing winds of her wrath.

But to truly be in control of her emotions, she needed to face them. The neutral world of Isis became her destination with that goal in mind. A land of crystal caverns. Not the same as the caverns of Dantooine, but similar enough. And in tune with the Force enough to make her face the horrors of her recent past. The 'borrowed' ship she had landed close enough to an abandoned mine for these very crystals. There shouldn't be anyone around. Made it a perfect place to at least be alone when she tried to go through the thoughts she buried in the back of her mind.

The Acolyte hopped from her ship to the ground below, letting the crystal crunch under her boots. This was definitely the place. Her yellow eyes glared at the cavern before her. With what she wanted to do, she could already feel the terrible thoughts welling up in her mind, wanting to spill forward.

"Right. Let's go."

Slowly she made her way into the cavern, trailed only by the ghosts she had brought with her in her mind.

Crystal crunched beneath her ebony black boots. The wind whipped through cloak, black with red stitching. The wind lifted and twirled the hem as she moved. The hood on her cloak was down, and the Lethan Twi'Lek paused, tipping her head skyward. Her eyes the color of roiling lava, they peered carefully around her. She was tall and lithe, crimson skin covered in black Sith tattoos.

She looked ahead, maybe 50 meters. She saw what she was looking for. A cave. The entrance to her reason for being here. Crystals. Sure, she could go to Ilum, or Dantooine. But, everyone went there. And she had been feeling stifled lately. She needed to reconnect with the other elements. She was a child of fire. It strengthened her, fueled her. Her skin was hot to the touch.

She studied the cave entrance, and let her mind drift for a second. An image flashed in her mind. Fast as light, and it was gone. But she didn't need it to stay long, she had it memorized. It was the first piece of her plans. Her first design. A new saber. And the crystals she required were within grasp.

With a loud crunch, she pushed off and finished the short trek to the cave entrance. As she came to the top of a hill, she paused once more. Within eyesight of the cave entrance, was a ship. Apparently she wasn't the only one going crystal hunting today. Maestus deliberated only a couple seconds, before turning on her heel and entering the cave.

She trailed a gloved hand along the cavern wall. Able to feel a chill even through her gloves. As she walked into the cavern further, she elaborated her steps. Crunching the crystals underfoot louder than she really needed to. Her Lekku shifted slightly, undulating like snakes tails, then settling.

Who are you?

Her voice was clear, direct and firm. There was no fear in it, nor curiosity. She knew someone else was in the caves, her tone was simply matter of fact. She came to the first split in the system, and waited. Her head canted to one side, listening.

370d9lz.png

Already the screams of the fallen filled her ears. Alina wasn't forcibly trying to stuff the memories down. She was letting them fill her head. Letting herself feel what she had refused to feel since Dantooine. All those acolytes, slaughtered. Blown apart, cut down. Eaten. The Graug were truly monsters in her eyes. Something that needed to be culled. She was seated in a meditative way in a clearing within, going through her thoughts and memories one by one. She needed to face them. To get stro-

A voice not from her memories broke her concentration.

Alina sprang to her feet, glancing to the way she had come in. Someone else had come here? Her eyes narrowed as she waited for whoever it was to come into view. "Alina Tremiru. Who are you?

Maestus Maestus

You may call me MAestus. Now, step out so I may see you, Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Maestus waited for Alina to step out. It's true, she radiated Dark Side energy. It was nowhere more visible than in her eyes. They were black in the center, with red rings around the outside. She neither smiled, nor scowled, she simply was. Her cloak draped her lithe form, and at the bottom part in the cloak, matching black robes with red stitching were worn.

She felt the winds whisper in her ear. Memories picked at the fringe of her consciousness. Things she thought she had faced, in the past. She shook her head, a faint frown passing over her face for a nanosecond. Then it was gone, and the mask back in place.

She opened herself to the emanations in the Force. She felt without lifting a finger. Her mind and soul were doing the feeling now. And she could feel Alina's Force energy. Wild, chaotic, but it was there. She sensed turmoil, confusion in the acolyte. Perhaps....

20201214_225131.png

370d9lz.png

There was no reason to hide if the conversation would stay pleasant. Though, the odds it would once she was in sight was still unknown. It was better not to make enemies where she didn't need to, however, so step out she did. Alina walked from around the bend, hands clasped calmly behind her back. The memories she was trying to go through pushed back into the box she kept them in. For a moment Alina froze as Maestus Maestus came into view. For a moment, the memory of her friend, another red skinned Twi'lek like this stranger, being buried as the cavern collapsed around them all. Sacrificing herself to save Alina and another. They surfaced.

Anguish was clear on her face for a moment before she stamped it down, clearing her throat in the process. "Well, here I am. Do you have business in the caverns, or with me?"

She watched quietly as Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru stepped into view. With a calculating gaze, Maestus studied her intently. She could see the emotion play out on Alina's face. Curious.

She herself stepped closer, just a step. She wanted to ensure she was not hidden. Perhaps to help Alina feel more at ease. She offered something of a soft smile.

Ah, a pleasure to make your acquaintance., Alina Tremiru. This is a place of solitude and reflection, yes?

Maestus sidestepped, and trailed a hand over the crystals on the side of the cave, turning her back to Alina as she did.

Now, my friend Alina. Why are you here? You seem...Distraught.

20201214_225131.png

370d9lz.png

The lack of an answer had Alina's gaze narrow slightly. Did that mean Maestus Maestus had business with her after all? The young woman's face hardened to protect her thoughts from showing up on her face. Her arms crossed over her chest. Everything about her turned immediately defensive as she watched the Twi'lek move and speak.

"Fond memories." She wasn't lying, but she had no intention of going any farther into detail with a stranger who avoided stating their own purpose.

She chuckled softly. She had noticed the change in Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru demeanor. The sudden change in her expression. She gave a slight nod of her head, and moved slowly about the cavern.

I am called Maestus, my friend. I am here to find crystals for a project I'm pursuing. Forgive me if I am too forward, but you seem...Conflicted, for some reason. And please, I mean you no harm. I find little meaning in spilling blood needlessly.

A few steps away now, she turned to regard Alina evenly. Her words were true, Alina was in no danger from her. Apparently, the Sith was being...honest?!

20201214_225131.png

370d9lz.png

"I'm sure you don't." While Alina had no idea if Maestus Maestus was a Sith, she was still a stranger. Who seemed to know far more than Alina would of preferred. Were her thoughts that easy to read? Or had this Twi'lek been here longer than she noticed? It was unfortunate that the young human couldn't sense the intentions or thoughts of others. It'd make it far easier for her to know when to distrust and trust. For now, she opted for cautious trust. If the other woman was an enemy, there was no reason for them to announce their presence.

"Just dealing with some memories, that's all. Tell me more of this project of yours."

It is true, the Dark Side was strong within Maestus, and she did not hide it. It rolled off of her in waves. Pulsating, undulating. She took a breath, studying Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru for a moment before speaking.

I am working on designing and building a new type of weapon. Small, yet hopefully effective. It is...The next step, if I am to become stronger. More efficient. If I am successful, I will be able to channel the Dark Side more forcefully. More effectively.

She stopped speaking, and clasped her hands in front of her. For some reason, she felt no animosity towards Alina. That wasn't to say Maestus was fond of the girl. But she had no inherent urge to throat her right where the other girl stood. No, Maestus actually seemed calm, for a change.

20201214_225131.png

370d9lz.png

With Alina's lack of ability to sense others, she had no way to know for sure whether Maestus Maestus was truly a fellow Sith or not. Though, what was a fellow Sith? They weren't known to be good allies, not for long at least. The Twi'lek's answer for why she was there more than answered the doubt, though. Getting stronger in the Dark Side at least meant they focused on the same power in the Force.

"You mean a lightsaber?" It wasn't a far leap to assume that, given the crystal cavern behind the blonde woman. She raised a brow curiously none the less. "How do you plan to succeed in that?"

1611687522810.png

A dreaded voice called out from the dark recesses of the mind, it started as a whisper and echoed outward into rumbling thunder. It was a dark call, a mental beckon that left breadcrumbs through the Force for her to follow. Where it led was as unknown to her as who or what had called to her, the pressure eased as it's presence vacated her thoughts. All that remained behind was the trail and a feeling of power should she follow these invisible breadcrumbs to their source.

Maestus chuckled darkly, shaking her head.

No, my dear. Lightsabers are a everywhere. No, I seek something.....More. Consider this. The crystal in the saber produces something akin to an energy field, yes? From my research, I can not find any mention in the archives of using crystlas for anything other than weapons.

She moved slowly around Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru in a circle. Sizing up the woman. Predator observing prey. Maestus couldn't help that look in her eyes. Not anymore. She had seen to much. Endured too much to be anything other than a predator now. Once back in front of Alina, she stopped.

I seek to use the energy of the crystlas, once properly bled, into objects of defense. If a crystal can produce the energy sufficient to sustain a saber, could it not also be bent to produce an energy shield? Encased by the Dark Side of the Force, we would have the edge of the Jedi.

She strode to a wall, running her hands along the crystals. There was a slight hum in the air, perhaps from the crystals themselves. Her hand lingered over one crystal, before moving on to another. With a sadistic smirk, she grasped it and broke it off.

Turning it over in her fingers, she whirled to face Alina once more.

Tell me, Alina. What do you think of my idea?

20201214_225131.png

370d9lz.png

For a moment dread filled Alina's gaze. Her eyes went wide as she scanned around the area, not sure where this voice could of come from. Something that knew her name. Spoke in her mind. She knew just what could actually do that. Sith. Powerful Sith. She only caught half of what Maestus Maestus said, her worried gaze turning back to the blank expression she used to hide her emotions. Whatever it was, there wasn't time to investigate now.

"A.. Crystal shield?" It wasn't a bad idea. Lightsabers were one of the few things in the galaxy that could pierce most defenses. So turning it to defense had it's advantages. And weaknesses. "It's not a bad idea, but if it's a personal shield that surrounds you completely, you'll have to be careful of what you do inside it. Lightsabers reflect lightning, and being inside a bubble of the same energy could prove disastrous."

The sudden change of expression on Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru face did not go unnoticed. An eye quirked up. She wondered what the other female felt that caused such a reaction. She had no reason to suspect the truth, so her Master didn't cross her mind.

Are you alright? You look positively terrified.

She waited only a second or two, then nodded as Alina seemed to gather herself and ask questions. The girl brought up thoughts and cautions that Maestus had thought about as well. Surely, there would be drawbacks to creating such a shield. But the benefits, theoretically, outweighed them. Practical application would be more telling.

She walked to another opening, leading deeper into the cave system. As she walked, she also spoke. Though her voice became distant as she stepped further in.

You are of the same mind, concering the disadvantages. My ultimate goal is a protective field, form fitted to the body. I have yet to fine tune the details. But what you cautioned against, I agree. Come, there are more crystals this way.

o1yfhSr.png

"I.. Am fine. Just echoes." She couldn't very well deny something was amiss now that Maestus Maestus had called her out on it. But she didn't necessarily have to say what it was. She'd much rather focus instead on this project the Twi'lek was working on. At least she had a similar idea on what the weaknesses of this sort of shield would be.

"Do lead on then. I might find what I'm looking for at the same time."

Maestus lips twitched as Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru didn't divulge what caused her sudden change. So, Maestus reached into Alina's mind with violent force. She was searching for the cause. She also was testing Alina. Seeing how well her mental fortitude held up to intense probing.

When and if she ascertained thoughts from Alina, she would turn and continue deeper into the cavern. Lightly she trailed a hand along one wall. Pausing, she studied a green crystal, then decided to pass it over.

I am looking for 4 crystals. For a start, at least. This...Shield will require great amounts of power and energy to operate as I intend. I'm here for this first step.

She whirled around then, observing Alina through narrowed eyes.

I can sense the Force in you. What I can't decide is which side you favor. The Dark, or the Light. I also sense much confliction, or perhaps confusion? Please, tell me if I'm off base.

20201214_225131.png

o1yfhSr.png

Her surface thoughts all wondered what the voice could of been, but the second Maestus Maestus tried to dig deeper Alina's eyes flared with anger. Then, the Force died. In a rapidly expanding bubble Alina severed the flow, both to protect her mind and to make the threat clear. "Try that again, and we will not be on friendly terms." She made no move to follow after the Twi'lek now, completely on guard.

"I am Sith. Whatever conflict you feel has nothing to do with light or dark. And, more, it's none of your business."

Maestus watched Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru while she ravaged her mind. Or, attempted to. When Alina shut herself off from the Force and closed her mind, Maestus was impressed.

Come now, no need for hostilities. You are, as you say, a Sith. Do we not probe each other for weakness? Is that not our way, our tradition? I am curious though. What "voice" did you hear?

She stopped in front of another crystal. This was one glowed with an unusual color, a deep lavander. Holding her sharp nailed fingers over it, she let the resonance of the crystal wash over her. Yes, this one will do. And she plucked it, depositing it within the folds of her robe.

Then she took a few steps further into the cave tunnel, and studied Alina.

I can sense the Dark Side in you. Or I could, until you closed yourself off from the Force. Why did you do that, I'm curious. The Force is our tool, to be commanded and directed. Yet, you chose to cut yourself off from your greatest asset. Why?

20201214_225131.png

INGA2ts.png

"As I said, it is none of your business." Her glare never left. Maestus Maestus was the exact type of Sith Alina hated dealing with. The one to justify needless insults as usual Sith behavior. There was certainly no way she would tell the Twi'lek anything about the voice she had heard now. She kept her distance, scoffing in annoyance.

"You assume I'm cutting myself off. I'm not." Then she reached out. If Maestus thought it was appropriate to try and invade her mind, then she had just as much of a right to mess with the Twi'lek. The Force deadened under her influence, spreading, encompassing the other acolyte. Then further. Alina's eyes narrowed as she tried to completely cut off the other from the Force. "It's my power."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom