Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In The Woods Somewhere

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

de06bw0-3dd4e295-3c7c-4070-b461-7beebdf12618.png

F E L U C I A - 1 9 0 0 - H O U R S

It had been sometime since the Terminus Job, And Joti found herself working with Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla yet again. The two had recently arrived on aboard Joti's Cabur Class Patrol ship, Which was now sitting behind them as they walked into a remote village. "Blue, You got that tracking fob handy?" Joti had taken to calling their duo "Red and Blue", As an ode to the Days she worked with the blue mandalorian Darsch Vizla, And the fact that Both Tan'yill and Joti had gone by their respective monickers in the past. It was nice running with a partner again, And bringing back the red and blue duo, different as it may be, Reminded her of better times. There was a hint of something else however, Something that Joti tried to ignore, but whether she liked it or not, Nipped at the back of her mind at all times. During the Terminus job, "Blue" had gotten a little closer than to "Red" expected, And this meant one of two things; Either that was just how Tan'yill was, Which was understandable and therefore nothing of concern to Jot, Or maybe it was time for red and blue to come together and make purple, So to speak... Either way, It was time to focus on business, Joti thought.
Coming up on one of the houses, A one eyed rodian exits the building, Too focused on a data pad of old weapon sales to really notice the two, Even despite the constant jingling sound emitted from Joti's loose rocket boots.

"Never mind," She says while grabbing the rodian by the back of the collar.
"Now, did the boss say he wanted him Alive or dead?"

Not that it mattered. Joti's attention suddenly shifts to the sky as a ship flies overhead. They were the only ones sent here, So this wasn't another assassin like Red and Blue, And Rodian was supposed to be too focused on hiding to have brought anyone else down here, So who the hell was this?
The unidentified craft gets closer, Revealing the blocky form of a dropship. And that's when she saw it. The side of the craft bore a single symbol: A crimson rancor. Was it unimaginative? Yes. Was the name of the gang that used this symbol equally unimaginative? yup. Had joti managed to piss them off early in her career. Oh yeah!

"Blue..." The side doors open suddenly, Revealing a group of pissed off gangers and a single mini gun. "GET DOWN!"
The Gangers weren't fools either, They knew what they were doing. Within moments, Joti's ship was targeted, Being torn apart in a hail of red blaster fire that took only seconds to make the thing explode violently, Taking one of the buildings and the majority of Joti's armoury with it. Not to mention, Her Astromech; K1-M1.

Joti herself had hit the deck, Probably bruising the one eyed rodian that was now underneath her. Her first instinct was to turn to Tan'yill, Using her implant to wirelessly and silently power on her HUD, which quickly scanned the Twi'lek for wounds and vital signs. "Blue, You good?"

"Oh chit- MY SHIP! oh, And k1... BUT MY SHIP?! KRIFFING BASTARDS!"
And that was the start of a very long day.

The colorful felucian flora rised itself around and above the village where the target would be located. As the hour came closer to late evening, the hot and humid air begun to change itself to a more comfortable one as the temperature slowly dropped degree by degree.

Walking a couple of steps behind Jot, Tan's hazel eyes shifted from looking where she sat her foot to contemplatingly gaze at the back of her armored companion. Who would have thought that, huh? That this cynical rutian twi'lek would find herself running with a partner again. After years of smuggling and working solo, and with a firm belief that it was the only sure way to do it if you wanted to get chit done and not be stabbed in the back whilst doing so, she had a hard time believing that she now was following this redheaded mando doll. Since meeting and working together for the first time on Ord Mantell not that long ago, they had got along pretty well. Even from day one. Sure, she had been pretty high on spice that first day, but that didn't mean that she didn't know what she was doing and that she didn't like the bounty hunters demeanors. They pulled evenly when they were together. What kind of sign that was, was up for the time to decide.

She unhinged the tracking fob from a hook in her smuggler's belt and was about to get a readout from it, when all of a sudden their target exited the small house right in front of them, stopping them both in their steps. They came to a halt, but with the nose deep in his datapad, the rodian comically continued and passed Joti almost walking into Tan, before Jot tugged him out of his daydreaming by grabbing his collar. He jumped and his one black eye met her hazel ones just looking straight at him with a cold neutral expression.

''Mm, that's a tough one to remember...'' Tan begun with a sarcastic tone, examining the rodian from top to toe with her eyes. ''Alive? Or was it dead?'' she continued like it didn't matter to her. Like it was her thing to decide, which of course it was not, but she liked to bring the rodian into the uncertainty of his own fate which from this exact moment laid in the duos hands. The rodian looked frightened enough when she with simplicity pulled the datapad from his hands, a small grin spreading on her face.

With the sudden appearance of heavy engine noises above them, the attention of both the predators and their prey was directed to a ship the sky. It made short work of their transportation to the planet, seemingly knowing who at least one of them were. Tan did not recognise the ship, and with the purposeful target of Joti's ship, she guessed it was some of her old acquaintances. They all hit the dirt and the shockwave from the explosion blew up dust around them.

''Feth... Is there something you haven't told me, Red?'' she said, and looked up at the ship now turned into a burning inferno.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Last edited:

dFJuflZ.png

"Well I can't spill All my secrets in one afternoon, Can I?!"

Well, Enough time with Hank and his kriffing knives and hey, Anything's possible. Arggh She buries her face into the ground for a moment before forcing herself to her feet. "My last partner, Mandalorian that also called herself Blue, She was being hunted by this one Gang. I was taking jobs for 'em but they never told me we were hunting Mandalorians... Long story short, I made sure they were dead and she wasn't... Seems I missed a few."

Standing up, She drags the Rodian to his feet with one hand, And offers the other to help Tan'yill up. "Those bastards will be back any second... We gotta figure out what to do with the Rodian fast and get the feth outta here before they make another pass and destroy this whole village..."

Looking up at the sky, Joti could see the dropship further in the distance before, Reloading the rotary gun in preparation to make another pass. If Joti was right, Than they'd probably just make a couple passes until they'd turned the entire village to rubble, But that'd give Joti and Tan'yill time to escape at least. From there, They had to survive the jungles and find another way off this rock. As Beautiful of a rock as it may be. This wasn't a comforting feeling however, As Joti had heard stories about the Acklays and other monstrous creatures that made this world their home. But it was either that handle the entire gang inside that gunship...
Joti was known to take risks, Tanking shots to her Beskar'gam, Fighting odds that'd make most reconsider, if she didn't already have a plan to deal with them, But her attitude had suddenly changed. She wasn't just fighting for herself now, but for her partner, And she wasn't about to risk Tan'yill's life by taking these guys head on like that. Why? Well, Joti had always looked after her partners, Even if it would be smarter to just let them do their thing till they'd outlived their usefulness. But out here, All people had in this business was Trust. And Trust went both way.

"Okay... I think we're gonna have to take our chances in the jungle and find shelter or another ship somewhere, Maybe another village. We play it smart and pick them off one by one. Sound like a plan?"

Her green-yellowish gaze intensified and almost started to glow while she were half sitting on the ground, her stare shifting from the burning inferno in front of them to the dropship of lowlifes that just had got them stranded on the planet. Cowards. If they only would dare to face them on the ground, Tan was sure that she and Jot could give them a fight that they would not forget. Rage boiled inside her.

Tan was pulled into reality again as Joti offered her gloved hand to help her from the ground. Glancing at her partner, she felt the inner rage instantly starting to subside. The redheaded mandalorian had that certain effect on her. How and why was unclear at this moment, she could not simply let the beast from the ring out of her. Not now, and not here. While still realy pissed off, she took her companions hand and then stared the rodian down.

''We need those credits, Jot... He's coming with us!'' she said and brusquely grabbed the rodian, turning him on the spot before she slammed a rope around his wrists and tied them tight. Like, realy tight. ''He probably knew he was being hunted.'' she continued and turned him around in another fierce tug, face to face with just a few inches between. ''Wouldn't be man enough to accept that you kriffed up and then ended up on the list! Probably setting this trap for us to walk right into...''

The rodian froze, his one eye looked like he was about to meet death and his only response being a pathetic frantic shake to the head. They were stranded. For now, at least. Despite being sorely tempted, nothing would be solved to kill off the unfortunate alien, though. Tan blinked, her fierce gaze coming back to normal as she looked at Joti.

''Sounds like a plan.'' she stated and nodded in agreement.

With that, and not forgetting their bounty, they hurried into the cover of the colorful felucian woods.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Last edited:

dFJuflZ.png

Joti had never seen Tan'yill like that before, And in all honesty, Even the young Mandalorian was concerned now. But, it subsided and they needed to move. Blue had the target, Which meant that Joti could focus on covering her partner and getting the feth outta dodge. Good, Things were simple for the moment.

Once they were in the clear, Joti began marching beside Tan'yill at a brisk pace, One hand on her holstered pistol, And the other on held out in front of her as she swipes away branches and leaves.

"I think we've lost them for the moment but it won't take long for them to figure out which direction we went, But we can lose them again in the darkness. It's almost nightfall anyway. We might need to find shelter for the night... I don't wanna skulk around at night and run into something big..."

Joti had heard stories of the Acklay and bull rancors that lived in the lush flowering jungles of felucia, Neither of which were creatures she wanted to deal with right now. There was a time a place to earn her signet and this wasn't one of them. This was the time to think about her own survival.
And yet...

"I know a cave or some chit ain't exactly pleasant, But I don't really have candles on me and finding a restaurant on felucia isn't easy. Not how I expected our first date" She cackles as she passes Tan'yill. For all the teasing though, Joti honestly didn't have a come back if Tan'yill played along. She was used to teasing all her partners who had historically shut her down, So she was used to getting on people's nerves for chits and giggles without having to worry about getting herself into romantic entanglements. One of the bitter sweet advantages to being a Mandalorian; No one wanted to get under the armour. It made life simple.

Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla

Tan'yill led the way into the cover of the lush wilderness while holding a tight grip around the rodians arm, dragging him with her resolutely. There must be a settlement somewhere within the march of a day or two, she thought. Once Joti jogged up beside her, her stress and agitation started, not instansly, but slightly to subside. The fact that they were two caught in this chit sent some degree of relief to the rutian smuggler, and not only that; Jot was comfortable to be around and actually kind of easy to like. It confused the former street thug and lieutenant from Coronet. While the redheaded mandalorian had not told her much about her past, if anything, sometimes Tan could see that there was a rather rough history hiding inside her partner, inside that outer shell of hers. A history which might not be that different from her own. A history of violence, lies and deceit. One of blood, pain and codes. Only that of another kind.

"I know a cave or some chit ain't exactly pleasant, But I don't really have candles on me and finding a restaurant on felucia isn't easy. Not how I expected our first date"

Red picked up the pace and walked past her. By cackling and bantering about their tricky situation, she put the finger on something that Blue had not expected the day they first met. Not if she had been completely sober, that was. Date, huh? That was one little something she had not been to for many years, like back-on-Corellia years and with Mitch, that piece of chit who had in the end turned her life to hell with his demand of control over her and a lot more. Fractions of her past that only her older brother and sister knew of. It was hard to tell if Red was serious somewhere in her sarcastic statement. If she was... Well, that kind of date would definately be a first one for the blue twi'lek.

For a moment, Tan glanced contemplative at the mandalorians back leading them through the jungle. She saw the rodians one eye shifting between them two in a confused manner. Tan gave him an annoyed side eye before again glancing at her partner and then around the side of them, casually keeping an eye on their flanks.

''You don't? Huh...'' she uttered and kept looking around their sides, every now and then letting her gaze go over Red's back. ''And I who thought I could count on you, Red! I thought we would celebrate our first bounty together in style? A good savoury meal, something strong in the glass, a nice place to crash afterwards... You got to work on your date planning skills, hun!''

As Red had bantered, so did Blue in a similary sarcastic manner, effortlessly hooking on and following her partners example.

The rodian gave Blue an even more confused look which she wiped off his face by giving him a hard tug as the trio made their way deeper into the jungle.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Last edited:

dFJuflZ.png

So that's how it's gonna be huh? "Well... * Sigh* Tell ya what, Blue," She stops, Turning to Tan'yill with a chit eating grin behind the visor "If we find any of that famous Felucian wildlife, We'll set up a fire and I'll cook you a Traditional Mandalorian Barbecue. How's that sound?" She laughs and looks over Tan'yill's shoulder, Using this opportunity to scan pulse the area and check the rear again.

"And, If we can find some berries or something, I'll brew you some Concordian Moonshine!" Oh yes, Of course she could brew moonshine. And a mandalorian recipe too, So you know that chit's strong.

With no sign of trouble behind them yet, She turns on her heel and continues marching on, Occasionally glancing to the side or stopping just long enough to scan one thing or another, All the while she was thinking about that drink...

"Say, Blue. You ever tried mixing a drink from Wasaka Berries before? Always wanted to brew something with those little berries. Get something that'll knock you on your shebs but taste sweet going down, Yeah? I've had 'em in pies, by themselves, mashed into a frozen desert, But never in a drink... I'm feelin' a little thirsty now."

Truth be told, Joti was just trying to pass the time while they scoured the jungle, But thinking of her favorite food was indeed making her thirsty. or... hungry? Both. Both is good. But now she was feeling a little awkward rambling about a berry found on kashyyyk while trudging through the blue and orange jungles of felucia, All the while the foliage seemed to get thicker and thicker as they got deeper and deeper into the jungle, Further and further away from society. Or at least, what constituted as society on this planet. It was like the jungle was slowly enveloping the two, Wrapping them in a cloak that shunned the light and prying eyes behind.
And yet, Joti couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, Like a thousand little eyes were gazing at them all at once. But not with malice, No. Curiosity maybe? Either way, They weren't alone.

Damn... I'm getting paranoid again...

Tan laughed together with her partner. Remembering their first meeting, her comeback was quick and to the point. ''Oh, so there was even more good chit under that poncho of yours? Not only guns and... well...'' she uttered, holding onto the last bit, Joti would know the reference just perfectly. She met Jot's deep blue gaze with her own hazel green-yellowish one, giving her a mischievous smile and bob of the eyebrows. ''A cook as well? Girl, I am in luck!''

Their friendly on and off banter sent a well needed comical relief to their shared ordeal. It had been terribly boring to be out here alone with the rodian in leash, but together they kept a close watch of their surroundings as well as keeping each others spirits up. They seemed to share the same attitude towards the sharp but friendly banter. Neither of them was especially fragile when it came to throwing sharp comments around.

''Whoo, Concordian Moonshine? Now, that's a drink I yet have to try... Heard it's pretty strong in alcohol. Seems like a hell of a drink to toast in? Do you shot it, or what?'' she asked and kept time passing with their conversation.

As they marched on into the thickening jungle, the first signs of the felucian fauna started to show itself in the form of harmless fireflies that tended to their own and flew around and past the trio. They were beautiful to look at as the night and darkness of the jungle started to show itself.

''We better find some shelter soon, Red... As you said, I don't realy feel like fighting something bigger than those flies tonight...'' she said and threw a glance back at the fireflies as they left them by their hive.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

dFJuflZ.png

The banter between the two was going well, Providing a much needed contrast to the life threatening situation they had found themselves in not long ago. It reminded Joti why she preferred to hunt with partners, Especially if they could hold a conversation. Some in her clan found it odd or out of place, But those days were long gone. Instead she kept the company or Aruetiise, Outsiders like Tan'yill here, And it had taught her that a pleasant conversation as good a way to pass the time as practice at arms or sharpening a blade. And well, Tan'yill had been easy to talk to so far.

"Haha! Yeah, Running into my shebs was the luckiest thing you've done on terminus. Now you have a candlelit dinner and a good brew to look forward to!"

"Just keep your hands off said shebs till after dinner this time, Yeah?"
She chuckles.
She wasn't sure that Tan'yill had meant it when she asked if those were weapons she'd felt under the cloak back on terminus. As far as she knew, it was more playful banter. Banter that the young mandalorian welcomed.

"Anyway, You take it in shots if you don't wanna get too karked up too fast. If it's sweet, Than it's easy to drink too much without realizing. You'd be either blackout drunk or fighting wildlife in nothing but your undersuit and bare hands before you know it" She cackles, Remembering the first time she'd tried the brew and something similar had happened.

The fireflies made for excellent ambiance, Both audibly and visibly, The glowing flock floating gently around them like starlight, A rather peaceful change in scenery, Causing her to look up and observe the floating bugs.

"Hm. This is great huh? I mean aside from the whole being hunted thing--- WOAAAh"

Joti misses a step against a small pile of rocks that she had missed, Tumbling off to the side and rolling down a small hill like a huttball being being kicked into a goal. After a short time, She tumbles down and finds herself in a small cavern tucked behind felucia's glowing flora, Surrounded by more fireflies at the entrance.

"I uh... I found shelter..." She calls out, Staring at the stone ceiling.

"Just keep your hands off said shebs till after dinner this time, Yeah?"

A genuine and knowing smile spread on her lips, looking down onto the ground as she chuckled along with Red as they continued their walk through the jungle. Indeed, she had caught the mandalorian rather off guard that time. A whole lot thanks to the spice and drinks, but truth was that she could not blame everything on that. Tan liked to pull peoples legs sometimes, and Joti carried an attractive ambience to her, even on that first early night stepping through that door on Ord Mantell.

''Hah! Yeah, I think I'll be able to do that, hun!'' she snapped back with mirth.

In an unguarded moment, Tan heard her mandalorian partner exclaim in surprise followed by a rough thump as she saw Joti fall and tumble down a small descent of the jungle. Dragging the rodian with her, Tan rushed forward to the edge to check on Joti.

''RED!! Are you alright?!'' she instinctively called out for her. Of course, with armor and being a tough enough girl, she somewhere doubted that Joti would have been much injured by a fall down a small hill on a jungle planet like this, with rather soft vegetation to dampen the fall. Tan certainly would not want to end up alone and lost in a dark damn jungle with the rodian to babysit. That was one thing. Her first thought though, and one that she somehow felt more important was that Joti was okay, because... Well, she was Joti.

Throwing the thoughts aside, she was relieved to see Joti move and hearing her call out the well needed finding.

Pulling the rodian with her, Tan hurried her way down the descent and into the small cavern. She forced the rodian down in a corner close by, instructing him to stay there and put a little emphasis to the words with a cold intense stare. It was pure suicide if the rodian considered to make a run for it and try to make his way out of the jungle on his own.

''Well, looks like it! Just what we need. Are you okay?'' she said and extended a hand to Joti to help her up.

The fireflies seemed unbothered by their presence and continued to light up the enterance in a soft green glow. Tan walked over to one of the walls and sat herself down. Leaning against the wall, she dug out two nutrition bars from her jacket and showed them for Joti.

''We have to pretend pretty hard to make this a candlelit dinner, but it's something. Come on, get your shebs over here...'' she said in a soft friendly manner that was rarely used by her, and made a motion to the spot beside her. ''So, we'll crash here tonight and hope it isn't a lair for something big, huh?''

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

dFJuflZ.png

She looks up at Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla for a second before taking her hand, Hoisting herself up. <"I'm good...Thanks Blue.">
Well, That was one moment she'd never live down. A Mandalorian and a Bounty Hunter, Nearly defeated by a rock... Thankfully she hadn't hurt herself during the tumble, Her Beskar helmet absorbing most of the harmful impact.

Taking off her helmet, She walks to Tan'yill, Sliding the helm under one arm and taking the ration bar and sitting down next to her, Taking a quick glance at the Rodian that threatened to feth him up if he moved. It just wasn't his day was it?

"Well, If it is a lair, Than we can kill it and earn a Signet if I ever have a clan or you become a Mandalorian" She chuckles as she takes a bite.

"Jokes aside, We could be in a worse place. Sure we have Bounty hunters after us and we're stranded on some overgrown moss ball... But... Well look at that view," She gestures towards the blue and orange flora outside and the seemingly harmless fireflies.

"For now at least, We finally a moment of peace and quiet... Maybe that isn't very Mandalorian of me but... I live for the fight, But moments like these. You have to have Both to really live."

Joti was in deep thought as she stared into the woods outside, One elbow against her knee and her chin resting on her fist while she smiled subtly.

"And well, It's nice to share it with someone I can trust for once."

It was a rare moment of clarity to the young mandalorian. For once, Her mind was focused on enjoying the here and now, Not rebuilding some fallen clan or Reclaiming her honour that always seemed so far out of reach. Hell, Not even the faces of her old partners could haunt her and ruin this moment. Simple Nature, Undisturbed by humanoids, Save for Tan'yill and herself.

Blue ruminatively opened the silver wrap of the bar and took a bite of it while she listened to Red's suggestion and the gentle words that followed. She seemed to throw a very positive light on their situation, Red. While Blue on the other hand could be somewhat cynical, combining the two different traits made for an interesting and quite even balance. She spared the rodian a quick glance. By the sheer looks of it, he seemed to fully understand the chit he was going to be in if he tried something. Good. That gave the two partners time for some relaxed small talk.

Blue chuckled lightly at the statement about her becoming a mandalorian. Never in her wildest dreams could she have thought about that, and now Red mentioned it like it had been a possibility for years.

''Are you saying that you want me in your clan, if you ever have one?'' she asked, with raised eyebrows looking at the mandalorian. ''You think I could become one...?'' she added, thinking of the things she knew about them. It was not much that she knew, just the common known stuff but somehow she felt that Red would be more than willing to teach her what she needed to know.

Tan leaned forward slightly, to look past Red at the beautiful forest that opened up outside the cave enterance. The fireflies lit up the colors despite it being late and dark. Some of the felucian flora also seemed to be phosphorescent, so it never went completely dark out there. It was beautiful, indeed. A moment of silence presented itself when the two reveled in the sight.

Trust. By the way Red said it, Blue guessed they shared a very similar experience of that word and its meaning. Being stabbed in the back was more or less a constant risk in her old life. A little less so in the life of a smuggler, but she had also kept running her own show for a while and avoided to work together with others just because of her old bad experiences.

''Yeah... Same...'' she said quietly with a gentle thoughtful nod. The feeling was equal. Since after their first mission together, Red had left a lasting impression of honesty and trust.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

(new post template!)​
Tag: Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla

xh15XBT.png

"Hmm. My clan..." She leans forward a little, Resting her elbow on her knee and her chin on her fist. The prospect of rebuilding her clan had been brought up by a lot of people recently. Maybe it was a sign, Maybe it wasn't, But she could never decide how she felt about it. She'd need more resources if she were to try and rebuild in the galaxy as is, Especially with the Sith holding Mandalore. If she ever tried it though...

"I uhm. I don't Have a clan right now, That's true... I haven't for a long time... It's not exactly common for Mandalorians either, We aren't really lone wolves, Not like the holo-vids would have you believe."

"But, Say I were to rebuild. I mean, You can fight, That much is clear. That's the first step, A Mandalorian has to have the ability to fight. Self Defense, As the creed says. Next comes Clan or Our tribe depending on which translation you read. Of the six tenants, It is arguably the most important. A Mandalorian clan isn't just a warband. We are Family. Aliit. It's defending your Family that separates you from being Dar'manda, Or Hut'uun. Cowards and traitors to their own kind, Just like My-"

. . .

There is a momentary pause as she catches herself, Giving Tan'yill a quick glance with a look in her eye that said she'd told her too much and was worried about her reaction.

"Anyway..." She glances back at the woods, Taking a deep breath and focusing on the scenery "I don't see why you couldn't, Assuming you'd even want to. To walk the path of the mandalore is a difficult journey. In most cases, It's a life filled with family, Honour, Tradition. But also Violence, Hardships, And the Hatred of outsiders that can't see past old wars... The second you put that helmet on, You're part of a galaxy wide brotherhood that is Respected, Hated and Feared. A useful weapon, But one that is double edged."

Blue listened intently to what Red said about the mandalorian way of life, their creed and the importance of the family. It sounded familiar in a way, and was a thought she could reconcile with, especially the way it presented itself now. Her own family had always been important, from her big brother and not long ago discovering her thought long lost big sister Star, she valued them over anything else, even if it didn't show everytime. It had been a time where she had valued the company and family of being with Mitch and his goons higher. Thinking about it, she had been a dog to him. That considered, Tan had some issues with imagening being part of some sort of a crime family or brotherhood again, but the way Red spoke about it realy gave the rutian twi'lek another point of view about it. Besides, Red had turned out to be someone that she realy enjoyed to be around, not only professionally. She could not deny that.

''Yeah...?'' she said and leaned down against Joti's shoulder, making herself comfortable against it for a moment. ''I... I couldn't say that I know what you're talking about, but I'm familiar with it...'' she said and looked out of the cavern at the fireflies that still was working their night shift. Tan catched a big breath before she spoke. ''I was in a gang in Coronet a couple of years ago, and... It turned out to be my biggest mistakse, yet... I know that you mandalorians are a completely different creed, not a random criminal gang for the majority of time high on spice, but... Yeah, I guess I'm scarred from back then... I would be honored to be in your clan, Red...'' Tan slowly continued and slowly slumped her head down the mandalorians lap. She glanced at the rodian that was in their custody.

''He won't go anywhere... He'll be karked if her does...'' she uttered and looked up at the redheaded warrior. ''Would you take the first watch, sweettheart?''

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Last edited:

94RDn8F.png

xh15XBT.png

"I... Yeah, Sure thing Blue." That was quite the admission. The kind that took a good deal of trust, Though she should have expected that kind of thing between the two of them. They'd shown each other a great deal of trust back on terminus, And it seemed they wouldn't be stopping now.

She caresses Tan'yill's lekku the way one would hair, Giving her an understanding look and then glancing up at the fireflies again.

"And for what it's worth, I've made mistakes too. I was addicted to Death Sticks awhile, Only been clean for a few years now. I've also hurt a lot of people. Most of them deserved it but there were that... Let's just say that I'm alone for a reason."

A little information of her own in return wouldn't hurt. She wasn't entirely sure if she was ready to talk about the fate of the clan on her own, But if Tan'yill brought it up, Well, She was one of the few people she'd willing tell.

But, That was talk for another time. It was Tan'yill's time now, And Joti wanted to be there for her.

"I guess what I'm saying is, I'd be honoured to accept you into my clan, Blue." She looks down, Giving the Twi'lek a warm smile.

Tan'yill was the first person since Darsch left to remind her that there was more to life than playing the lone wolf bounty hunter game. They'd only been on a few jobs together so far, But Joti could see herself partnering with her for the rest of her career. And well, Maybe there was something else... Yeah. It felt right too.

Tan could read the slight surprise that hide itself in the redheaded mandalorians voice when she was asked to take the first watch. This was one of their first missions together, but ever since their first meeting at Ord Mantell the two women had quickly got closer to each other and had done things straight from the beginning. Or was it just Tan that almost immediately had got under the mandalorians armor, so to speak, much thanks to the spice? Either way, after that initial presentation things between them had run smooth as a hovertrain in Coronet. It was a total surprise for the twi'lek smuggler that only had done a handful of jobs with others after she left Corellia and since her duro partner dropped out of the game. Now she laid there, in a cavern deep in the felucian jungle, with her head in the lap of a mandalorian and this target worth a hefty bunch of credits. Either one of them could just decide to set the other one up and take off with the rodian and the credits awaiting upon delivery. They didn't, and it was not only because they saw the impossibility of making it out of the jungle alone.

Upon feeling Red's hand caress one of her lekkus, Tan looked up when her partner spoke about death sticks and troubles belonging to the past. While it somewhere deep inside reminded her of Mitch, it felt... good. The gentle touch was as soothing as it was surprising. The whole situation was bewildering and never anything she could have imagined herself being in just a couple of weeks ago. Still, it felt so right. If there was such a thing as destiny, it could very well be at play.

''That's heavy stuff, you know... I wouldn't have guessed that a pretty mandalorian as yourself had been on that chit...'' she said and turned her head some to join Red in her admiration of the fireflies that held them company. ''Well... You're not alone anymore, Red. I guess my days as a lone wolf smuggler are over, too...'' she continued and looked up, meeting Red's smile with a lavender one of her own. ''I'd be glad to accept that offer...''

''Tomorrow we'll get out of this karking jungle, catch a transport off world and cash in for the rodian... Then we got to discuss that dinner and mandalorian moonshine...''
Tan said and reached to stroke Red's cheek. She could fall asleep anytime in her lap and not feel less safe than in her own bed. Did that mean that she would trust Red with her life? Apparently.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

94RDn8F.png

You're not alone anymore, Red.

Her eyes widened a little when Tan'yill spoke. If only the Twi'lek knew how much she needed to hear those words, Or that this was the first time anyone had ever said them to her. Hell, She was almost ready to cry then and there... Not very mandalorian of her, she thought.
But then it was fun and jokes again as Tan'yill brought up that dinner and drinks, Stroking the mandalorian's cheek.

"Mmm..." She closes her eyes, Enjoying the moment "We'll go somewhere nice for once. Maybe Naboo or that Confederate city they built on scarif. Canto bight if you're feeling fancy" She chuckles "But yeah. I think you're right. We're not alone anymore... Blue."
It might have seemed small to someone who hadn't lived the lives these two had, But to Joti, This little moment, Hidden in a quiet cave while saying something as simple as "You're not alone", Would stay with her for a lifetime.
Maybe it was a little soon but, She saw herself in Tan'yill. They'd both clawed their way up from low beginnings, Both struggled with addictions, Both been lied to and cheated... Beaten even. But, They'd both made it anyway. They'd both come out stronger for it, Even if damaged. They'd both come out better people, Who could share a moment of vulnerability together in a cave while being hunted by angry gangsters... Even the way they handled the situation and their humor was similar. That was the kind of person you spent your life with, Joti thought.

Maybe she would. Maybe she'd help her rise up to be a Mandalorian, Spend the rest of her days fighting beside her and rebuilding their way of life. She'd get to build someone into a mandalorian and expand her culture while spending the rest of her life with them, And the Twi'lek would get a fancy new suit of armour... Hah. Seems like a good deal huh?

"Hm. I bet you'd look kickass in the armour too." She says quietly, Smiling at Tan'yill one more time before taking first watch.

Their small talk about a decent meal, delicious drinks and good company; just she and her, made Blue no more than long for that moment. Not counting her brother or sister, she had rarely looked forward to spend time in such a way with anyone else. It was hard for for the formerly lone smuggler to comprehend the last weeks events and the impact and seemingly lasting impression they had left with her. Now, she was apparently about to go down a path that she had only heard rumors of. She would not skip on the invitation given to her by Red, though. With the guidance of her partner, she was prepared to do what it takes to succeed, the last she wanted being to disappoint her.

"Hm. I bet you'd look kickass in the armour too."

''Yeah, me too...'' Tan said tierd
in an equally low voice, smiling softly.

It was an invitation to something new, and if they would accept each others still rather similar flaws, they would go a long way. What it meant for them personally was yet to be determined. Right now, she could not think of a more comfortable place to fall asleep in and with those thoughts, her eyes shut close and she fell asleep.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Last edited:

94RDn8F.png

She lets out a happy sigh as she leans back, Making herself comfortable and sitting in a way that won't disturb Tan'yill. It had been a long day and the twi'lek clearly needed rest. She'd been shot had, Stranded on felucia, marched all day and ran after Joti afte she'd fallen into a cave and deserved that rest. Joti herself was content to just sit there with her for the night and put her troubles behind her, To remind herself that the hunters were still far off and that she'd be up and halfway to the next village before they even set foot near this cave. She could honestly sit back and relax with Tan'yill for the rest of night, And well, That's exactly what she did.
She gave her first watch her best shot but...

X1hvFfA.png

F E L U C I A - 0 6 0 0 - H O U R S

Owb4UPk.png
It was early morning when Joti awoke, Gently stretching her arms and enjoying waking to the natural warmth of the cave, Still lit by the fireflies near the entrance. When she opened her eyes however, They beheld a new source of light.
The two Bounty Hunters were surrounded by several native jungle felucians, Both their bodies and their primitive spears giving off a soft bioluminescent glow, Their fungal appearance was barely distinguishable from the native flora, Save for their suction cupped hands and feet, And the spear or sword-like weapons they had constructed from the bones of various jungle creatures.

Despite the grim appearance, The little aliens were merely half the Bounty Hunter's height, And though it seemed angered or startled, The language they spoke was a mixture of grunts and high pitched chirps.

One of them approaches Joti, Pointing it's spear at her and demanding she stand with a wary grunt.

Whatever they were, The Bounty Hunters were clearly trespassers, And they would have to answer to these... things, Or find a way to flee.

"B-Blue..." Joti nudges Tan'yill's shoulder "Remember when I said we weren't alone...?"

Despite laying on her partners armored thigh, Tan fell into a deep slumber after this rough day, her lekku giving her head some extra support. She dreamed of their ordeal and the previous mission to Ord Mantell, having a less favorable turn out than it had with mr. Winnfield trying to tie up loose ends with them. Being hunted across the galaxy by that man would realy be a pain in the rear that probably would have been hard to make go away and not something she would want them, her and Red, to go through. Things considered, the both women certainly have had their times of needing to stay below the radar of bounty hunters, old unfortunate acquaintanceships, crime lords and the like. At the same time she did not want Red to go through that, they were far from unfamiliar with violence, being a part of each others past and their current living, it felt like they could make it through just about anything. Fractions of the future was also played before her in her dreams.

A tierd sigh and slight grunt left Blue as she felt Red nudge at her shoulder, addressing her in a way that would make the twi'lek immediately raise her concern, if she was fully awake that was. Thinking it was time for her to take the watch, Blue turned onto her back and caressed the unarmored side of her partner.

''Hmm...? Miss my voice already, did you...?'' she asked in a tierd state before opening her eyes, her smile quickly fading into a face of surprise and concern when she saw the spear and the aliens before them. Blue was immediately snapped out of her tierd state. Though slightly dazed, she quickly pulled herself up and threw a glance back at Red.

Because of Blue's sudden reaction, one of the aliens brandished its spear an inch from her. She met the aliens dark gaze with her own hazel turning into a yellowish-green one. It was hard to see where it's eyes was, but Blue raised her hands slightly in a disarming manner.

''Yeah... But I didn't remember you mentioning anything about an invitation of these... things?'' she said and glanced at the rodian also confronted by one of the aliens, and then back at Red again. Somewhere behind the stress of the new situation, she could be mad at Red for clearly falling asleep on her watch, but she left it at the remark and understand that things could turn out worse if they began to argue.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom