Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In the Market For....

Willow and Ivy found it to be amazing that Kaiburr Kaiburr was given his own ship. And the fact that he could fly it on his own was even more amazing. The twins would certainly never have that for themselves. They couldn't even do something so simple as to cook their own meals. Or anyone elses meals for that matter. Manual labour wasn't a part of their skillset.

"You're very lucky."

"Yes, the other Sages must be very nice and generous in spirit."

To his question on where they wanted to be, Willow and Ivy both looked at eachother for a moment. No one had ever asked them that before, and it wasn't anything that they had really thought hard on themselves either. "We haven't been anywhere else. How are we to know that out there is worse?"

"Yes, if more crimelords and...scientists are making their way here to look for us; well without Broka to protect us, how would we be safe? There are lots of bad things out there, and many wars. It's better for us not to be caught up in it...Don't you think?"

He nodded in agreement about the generosity of the other Sages. "I'll certainly agree with you on that." he said. It was very true, he was taught how to use the force, he was given a droid body to use, of course this was not the same one. But he'd never have gotten this far without it. And he had a ship. That was something many could not say.

Apparently, this was simply all they knew. Which, he supposed, was also a common thing. They had a good point though, whether or not they would seem more free for a time, they could be in danger. It wasn't like it would be easy for them to defend themselves.
"Well that is understandable. There are worlds that are safer than Nar Shadaa, people who might want to help. But ultimately, I do see why you'd want to stay. Nar Shaddaa is not the best place, but if you feel safe, and if today was a bit of a rare event. Then I'd understand you not wanting to leave."

He tried to figure out how to get to Broka's palace through the lanes. He'd had to deal with lanes like this before, but Nar Shadaa was one of the most busy by far. "For me, leaving where I was was an...odd experience. I wasn't just leaving a location, I was leaving my species. It wasn't easy, but it worked out for me. That doesn't mean it's the same way for everyone of course."

Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

"Broka doesn't wish to lose us."

"Yes. The more loyalty that we show, the more freedoms that we getto have."

"Like going to the market. Although after he hears abouttoday, we might not be allowed out of the Palace for a while." It wasn't as though what happened was their fault. But still, being outside of the Sky Palace only confirmed the warnings that Broka and others had given them. It just wasn't safe out there for them. They were better off with full protection and while being under near constant watch.

They listened to Kaiburr Kaiburr as he spoke of his own experience with leaving home. He did of course, have a few more advantages than the twins did. "You have your own ship and know how to fly it. That really helped for you."

"Yes, we couldn't have any of that for ourselves."

He nodded his head understandably as they explained the correlation between loyalty and freedom. In a way, it was the same as any government. The more you relied on your government, the more they might be willing to let you know. Though, today might not be great right now. He switched lanes again, having to adjust for the fact not everyone here was obeying the rules the way they should.

They mentioned hi having a ship really helped him, but they didn't have that option. He looked out the viewport thinking it over, he could see the palace. They were close. "I'm not going to tell you what to do. Or make a decision for you." he looked over his shoulder to see them, "But if you want something from me, tell me. And I'll show you how to contact me if you decide something later. I'm not going to tell you whether or not staying here is the right choice. But I want you to know that, right now, it is a choice. Nobody has the right to have 'possession' of another, regardless how they treat them. Just remember, you can contact me, or tell me now, if that's not the choice you want. There will always be people out there who want to help."

The twins looked to eachother, their expressions clearly showing how they puzzled over Kaiburr Kaiburr 's words. To them they had very little in regards to choice. Sure they could choose what to wear or eat, even on where to go in the Palace sometimes. But in regards to leaving? The very idea seemed to bring them a bit of fear. Willow and Ivy promised not to dive into their own future, for what they had seen terrified them.

But how could they make Kaiburr understand without telling him? It just wasn't really possible.

"Kaiburr, there will always be people out there that want to hurt us...."

"And even....split us apart..."

"Broka won't allow that to happen. We are safer in his care."

"But perhaps we could use a friend?" The twins always had eachother, so real loneliness and isolation was unknown to them too. Yet they imagined that it made others just want to die.

Kaiburr felt that weird tug again. Sympathy and empathy. They were strong motivators. It was not easy to communicate with many beings. What he said and what they said basically had to go through a secondary interpreter due to the difference in species. That did not help with getting familiar with other races.

The two further stated their fears, but that Broka would protect them. They were probably right. And that felt weird to think. But there were certain people who just had levels of influence and power that allowed them to do things like this and somehow end up doing good out of it. And, it was their choice.

He heard their final comment. That gave him just a little satisfaction. He looked over his shoulder, "Then you shall have one." he told them.

He could see the palace from the viewport and started trying to get communications open to get permission to land,
"We shall be there soon. Do you want me to just let you out or come out as well? I do not know Broka, and I do not know how he might react. And if you want anything, even just to visit or talk, contact me. You may not be alone, having each other. But there is no harm in meeting new people."

Both Willow and Ivy smiled. Kaiburr Kaiburr agreed to be their friend, which meant more to them than anything else. Friends were rare. Especially for the twins. Their one friend was killed and it wasn't as though they had any in Broka's Palace. They only had eachother.

"How would we contact you?" They didn't own any datapads, nor dud they have access to the holonet. But that didn't matter anyways as they didn't have much of an education. Reading and writing was not really known to them.

He thought about their question as they began to head for a landing pad. He knew they were force sensitive, that could be the way. If none other were available. "Can you feel my presence?" he asked, "Not the droid body over my true body, the force that flows through me. If you can, then I may have a way. While teaching you telepathy would be an extensive effort, there may be a simpler method."

He waited to hear their response. There was plenty of reasons it wouldn't work, and plenty of reasons it might. It would still take some time to ensure they knew what to do, but not remotely as long.

"Oh yes Kaiburr Kaiburr , we can feel it."

"And we can see it too. The webbing that comes from you sparkles unlike the others." The pair viewed the Force in a different manner than others did. Perhaps it was just because of their biology and how their own connection doubled their strength. But they were used to it and knew nothing else.

Telepathy on the otherhand, Willow and Ivy knew that skill too. It was second nature to them and they had used it many times, especially when they were scared and needed to be unheard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom