Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission In the Jungle, the Quiet Jungle | New Cov Attack

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
The trip to New Cov was a quiet one for one Jonyna Si, Jedi Knight. Being referred to as 'Master Jedi' was still a shock to her. Then again, not being openly hunted by Stormtrooper was still a shock to her. There was a lot for her to adjust, even if she kept her smile to hide it. She missed the gang... But hey, now she was a real jedi. Doing missions. Diplomacy. Oh Sylvar, she was nervous.

The ship she had chartered pulled into orbit, giving her a moment to look down on the jungle planet below, and in a single look, she felt at ease. The Jungle. Her natural habitat... As the ship entered the atmosphere, she used the codes to enter the biodome as instructed. Alright Hero, put in your polite face.

Getting to the planet was one thing. Finding the place she was supposed to meet this representative, was another. But, the cathar defaulted to the practice she had always done back in the day.

Go to the biggest building. From there, ask around.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

It is wonderful that the recent attacks on New Cov are being investigated. And not just by the Covie mind you, but by Jedi as well. Whether or not this is some kind of outreach project by an outside government, I will surely find out soon. There are some within the Board of Directors that are not keen on the idea. But if these attacks are the results of outsiders, than it is good to have outsiders involved in delving deep into the matter.

As I descend the steps of the NCBC building to meet the Master Jedi, I spot the grinning face of Eiden Mohanii watching me from down below. It takes every effort for me in order to keep myself from rolling my eyes, but I must. Most especially as he moves to join me on my way to the lobby. With his hands clasped behind his back and a slight bounce to his step, I can only assume that he is up to something.

"Off to meet the Jedi, are we Junior Member Terallo? I do hope that you pass along the Board's enormous thanks for their coming efforts in these trying times."

The tone of his voice makes my skin crawl, yet I keep my pace even as I walk. I do not give him anything but a glance while I respond. Eiden outranks me, a fact that he often delights in reminding me. And so I must be very tactful in how I proceed. "That I am Mister Mohanii. And I will be sure to pass along your message." I shall not be baited into an argument. Not today.

"I have heard whisperings in these halls of some that disapprove of these actions. You know as well as I do that the vote was almost split down the middle when it came to involving the Jedi. All that is required is a little bit of persuasion before all of this slips right out of your fingers."

"Do not presume to believe in rumors, Mister Mohanii. Only in results."

"That is your Father speaking. Have you no bouts of wisdom of your own?"

I have reached the door at last. I place my hand on the handle and turn it, ever so glad for the means of escape that it is. "Indeed. And when I wish to share them with you then I will. Good day Mister Mohanii." I keep my head held high as I step outside to await the arrival of the Jedi. I can feel Eiden's eyes on my back even as the door closes to seperate us. At least for now I will be left alone.

Tag: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

The trip from spaceport to the headquarters she had agreed to meet her contact at took much longer than Jonyna would like to admit. She hated cities. They were always like mazes, no symmetry to them. Always an artificial maze that felt like she was always going the wrong way. More than once, she had to ask for directions.

But, the building was always roughly in sight, and she had gotten there early for exactly this reason.

She took a moment to adjust her robes. She'd taken herself shopping since arriving, but this was a more official mission, so she kept her normal robes, satin white and gold trim lining them. She had brought a second pair of clothes in the pack she wore, but that was for when the mission started. She wasn't going to be able to run around the jungle in pure white, not without getting attacked at every corner.

But, eventually, she did find the building she needed to be at.

Approaching the staircase, she spotted her contact. A woman who looked...well above her status in every way. That unachievable level of wealth and power that her kind would never be able to reach. For a moment, she considered the thought. To be of the elite, and not born of a tribal race that had no place for people of that level of status. To have the ability to have her every whim catered to her...

It kinda made her queasy. She was never one to be that...materialistic.

She had to take a moment. Shake her head, her nerves. Re-center herself in her mind. Remember Jonyna, you're a real jedi now.

"Morning." Jonyna said, on instinct. By this point, it was near noon. So that was a lie, but at least she knew how to be polite. "I take it you're Ms Terallo? The contact I was told about? Jonyna Si, Jedi." She offered a slight bow as she walked up to her, the 6'1 Cathar towering over the 5'3 human. "I have a couple questions if you don't mind. Is there uh..." she paused, looking at the towering building in front of her. "...somewhere else we could discuss this? Somewhere private? Maybe over food? I haven't eaten since I got here..."

Last edited:
I see the Jedi approaching. It is easy to spot them as they tend to wear a particular style of robes. And this Jedi is quite tall.

I dip my head in response to her introducing herself. I then offer up a small smile with her inquiry that follows. "Good morning to you as well. And it is lovely to meet you in person, Master Jedi. If you will follow me I can show you to my office. I am certain that you will be pleased to know that I have refreshments on hand that are awaiting us."

I pivot on my heel and open the door. At first glance there is no sign of Eiden, but that does not mean that he is not lingering nearby. I lead the way in through the lobby and start up the steps, speaking to the Jedi as we walk. "There is a Jedi temple deep within the jungle, should you require it. However I must caution you in that the jungle is very, very dangerous. It is not just the monsters that reside there that are worrisome, but the plantlife as well."

DeadpoolMLP

"I might, but that'll be a trip for once I get all the info I need. And don't worry, I grew up in a jungle like this." The Cathar smiled, flicking her tail. "So, tell me. What exactly happened? I heard something about an attack, and that a group of mist-weavers were behind it, but that's about it. Tell me as much as you can." Jonyna spoke in a much more casual tone than any jedi other than herself probably would.

Perhaps there are other jungles on other worlds similar to those of New Cov. But I cannot be certain. I do not expect that I will wish to visit one of them at any right. I believe that I will prefer to visit worlds that are different from here. If anything it is to gain new experiences.

I do not answer her questions until we have arrived into the sanctuary of my office. It is of course what I was instructed to do by her request. And this way it will be out of the prying eyes of Eiden.

Once the door is closed, I gesture for the Master Jedi to sample from the treats, sandwiches and tea that are artfully displayed at the side table. "Please help yourself." I myself am not entirely hungry, yet I pour myself a tea all the same and then take a seat at my desk. I keep my posture straight, with my feet tucked underneath my chair. The cup and saucer sit balanced on my lap. "I was on my way home from Coruscant when it happened. I believe that it was just when the transport was entering the pipe that there was an explosion. The transport crashed in the jungle. I was the only one to survive it. Despite being injured I crawled out. Miss Valery Noble Valery Noble found me, as well as some others that I had believed to be a rescue party. Only they were not. They could change their appearance. I was picked up and carried off by one of them further into the jungle. I tried to fight back and be released, but to no avail. It was only due to the monsters in the jungle hunting us that I was left behind. My guards soon found me and brought me back to the safety of the dome. I believe that Miss Valery Noble Valery Noble fought with one of them. Did you speak with her about it?"

DeadpoolMLP

"Briefly. She said you'd be the best to inquire about all this. You said you crashed in the jungle. Do you still have a location for that crash? Best I start with the crash site itself." She figured the crash might be an act of sabotage. Not the first time she'd dealt with something like that, so starting from the ship itself would be best, at least in her own head. "Or did the ship get picked up already?" She hoped not. That would mean a contaminated crime scene.

"Only the bodies have been removed from the crash site. I am afraid that keeping them there would only invite the various monsters to tear the ship apart in search for more."

I take a sip of my tea in thought, before setting the cup and saucer on top of my desk. I then unlock one of the drawers and open it, bringing out a datapad which I also unlock before holding it out for the Master Jedi to take. "Here also is the data collected from the flight recorder. I do believe that it shows nothing out of the ordinary."

DeadpoolMLP

She paused, looking at the device she had been handed. "What about the flight dossier? They had to have records of who got on board originally. Unless it was stowaways..." She considered, a frustrated growl escaping her lips as she pocketed the holopad. "You don't happen to have any...enemies, do you? Before this, I mean. Someone who would want you dead? Maybe someone who wants your position..."

Jonyna was never one for politics, but she knew the jist of how these things worked. It was always a game of assassination and corporate greed. If anyone was gonna be behind this, it'd be someone within the company. Unless it was terrorists. She hoped it wasn't terrorists. Terrorists always made things messy. She would know, she was one once upon a time, technically.

"There was only myself, the pilot and my staff. I do believe that the explosion came from outside of the pipe just as the transport was about to go in."

In response to the Master Jedi's next series of questions, I find myself bringing up my cup of tea for another sip. Mayhaps I should have opted for wine instead. I will surely correct that later.

"When the incident occurred, I was not yet a junior member of the Board of Directors. Yet I was working on tasks set out by them in order to gain membership. My parents are full members themselves. There are a few familes that make up the Board of Directors. Each member is voted in with the final vote granted by the Board Chair. One can easily guess that there is a bit of a rivalry within the membership."

I would never have guessed in a million years that someone on the Board would stoop to such a level.

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna took a sip of tea, looking a bit more concerned at this point. "Do you have any suspicions of anyone in particular? If the people who did this were local, I might be able to track them back to their original employers..."

Jonyna thought for a moment before Liin Terallo Liin Terallo answered that, "...what kind of clothing were the shapeshifters wearing? While they can change their faces, cloth I'd imagine would be much harder..."

{{Apologies for the delay. I had been working a string of double-shifts}}

"There are various smaller companies on New Cov vying for the monopoly that NCBC has in order to gain control over the planet. Plus there have been numerous pirates and others looking to gain some biomolecules for themselves." I know that there are some within the BoD themselves could have a lot to gain with having me taken hostage. But would they do such a thing?

I have another sip of my tea as I am asked about the assailants' clothing, thinking back on that disasterous day. "They were dressed like our workers and harvestors. However I cannot be sure as the one that carried me created a mirage of sorts of myself and her for others to follow. That makes it difficult for me to ascertain what was real and what was an illusion."

I can only shake my head in response, for I have no first hand knowledge of such events.

"I have not heard anything, I am afraid. In the past pirates have tried to steal and have stolen biomolecules. Sabotage and attempted kidnapping of an individual is entirely new. I am not aware if there are any bounties upon me. Yet I do not run in those circles of knowing where to look, either."

DeadpoolMLP

Right. Another dead end. Come on Jonyna, think. It's not about just asking questions, it's about asking the right questions. Alright, let's start from square one again. "...you said they were dragging you off, yeah? Any indication as to where? You didn't overhear them talking at all during all this? I know it was probably very stressful, but any leads will be help."

Again I shake my head. "No. I was carried off alone while the others stayed and fought. I have no knowledge of where I was being taken to. But regardless they were not risking their lives too much. For as soon as the jungle awoke, I was abandoned."

The jungle has that affect. It becomes a common enemy, and in some respects it could be seen as saving my life. I was ever thankful that Karlo Kyrr Karlo Kyrr and his team found me to bring me to safety.

"I am sorry if what I know is not very helpful."

"No, no. This is a process..." Jonyna scrunched her brows. Think Stardust, think. "Maybe it'd be best to retrace your steps. Would you mind coming with me to inspect the crash? I know that's a bit informal, but...I'd like to get a first person account. Walk back what happened."

I raise my brows in surprise at the suggestion that I go out into the jungle. On purpose!

"I suppose that that can be arranged. However, there are specific restrictions that must be followed. My guards will be with us. We must go un the mid afternoon when the heat keeps most of the jungle at bay. And we cannot be long. Once the jungle awakens, we drop what we are doing and leave. Do you accept these restrictions?"

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

I nod in agreement. It should be all settled then.

"I should be able to free up some time tomorrow afternoon. Do you need a place to stay for the night?" I am unsure if those that have sent her on this investigation had given her accomidations as well.

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom