Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply In the Depth of Darkness... I Studied the Blade

wb1.png

alexboarder.png
In the dimly lit training chamber, Braze stood alone, his senses heightened in anticipation of the forthcoming challenge. The air was heavy with a sense of anticipation as he prepared himself for a unique form of combat meditation. With each controlled breath, he let go of the weight of his troubled thoughts and surrendered himself to the dance of his inner turmoil. A blindfold covered his eyes, engulfing him in a world of darkness. The absence of sight forced him to rely solely on his instincts and the Force as he prepared to engage in combat with a training droid.

His muscles coiled, ready to strike, as his mind became a battleground for the swirling storm of negative emotions. Every doubt, fear, and insecurity raged within him, threatening to consume his spirit. But Braze was going to confront these demons head-on, to transform them into a source of strength and resilience.

With his training saber in hand, Braze held it tightly, feeling the familiar weight and balance of the weapon. The hum of the blade resonated in his ears, a comforting companion in the abyss of darkness. The droid came to life, its metallic limbs whirring with mechanical precision, poised to strike. As the droid launched its attack, Braze's other senses sharpened, compensating for the absence of sight. He listened intently, attuned to the faint sounds of the droid's movements—the whirring of gears, the subtle shift of its weight. He could almost feel the energy in the air as the droid closed in.

With each swing of his training saber, Braze relied on his instincts, trusting in the Force to guide his every move. His strikes were swift and precise, fueled by a deep connection to the energy around him. He could sense the droid's presence, its mechanical aura pulsating in the Force.

In the dance of combat, Braze moved with grace and agility, evading the droid's relentless assaults. He relied on his heightened senses to anticipate each strike, sidestepping with uncanny precision. The blindfold that covered his eyes became inconsequential, as his connection to the Force allowed him to perceive the droid's movements as if he could see them.

The training saber whirred through the air, its brilliant blade illuminating the darkness behind the blindfold. With each clash of saber against metal, Braze's concentration deepened. He allowed the Force to guide his movements, flowing through him like a river of energy. The droid's attacks became mere echoes, easily countered and redirected with calculated precision. It was a dance of anticipation, of harmony between instinct and training.

As the battle intensified, Braze's mind transcended the physical limitations of his blindfold. He saw beyond sight, perceiving the ebb and flow of energy around him.

In the darkness, he found a unique clarity...

44ab055d71dc36755a77cc732953c159.png

Tag: Braze Braze

Z9U36lL.png
Ko was back at the temple now, having remembered a particular favor he had to take care of before the conflict on Chaldea he found himself in. At first he tried to meet the fellow padawan in their dorm but they weren’t there. He figured the pale boy had to be in the temple though.

The Kel Dor took some time strolling around the complex. Checking the library, which was honestly the last place he expected Braze to be, then the cafeteria given that’s where they last met. It took him a while wandering the halls, to find out where the silver haired lad was.

Walking past one of the training chambers where he saw someone sparring with a droid. Almost instantly recognizing the padawan inside. They were blindfolded too. Nice. Ko figured they were training and exercising their trust in The Force by removing one of their senses. Watching them deftly maneuver their green blade against the droid. The tall Kel Dor simply crossed his arms and leaned against the door way, watching the younger padawan excel at what they were doing, typical Braze.

Part of Ko wished that his own presence in The Force wouldn’t distract his fellow padawan. But at the same time the added distraction might help. One couldn’t always rely on such a neutral and sterile environment when they got into combat. The world was full of minor annoying little inconveniences. Ko would watch, ready to talk with Braze whenever they were done to let him know his Math homework was ready for him.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

Initially as Braze focused on his combat meditation, his senses attuned to the movements of the training droid, he remained blissfully unaware of Ko's presence in the room. His every instinct was consumed by the rhythm of the battle, the dance between his training saber and the mechanical opponent. The room hummed with the energy of their clash, the training droid whirring and the sound of Braze's footsteps echoing against the walls. But amidst the intensity, a faint signature caught Braze's attention—a familiar presence that subtly weaved its way into recognition.

Intrigued, Braze allowed a fraction of his awareness to stray from the droid and reach out, seeking the source of the familiar signature. As his senses honed in, he felt a jolt of recognition. It was Ko, silently observing his training session. A smile tugged at the corners of Braze's lips, his focus shifting between the droid and his newfound goal. The distraction cost him a few grazes that seared him here and there from the droid as Braze moved just a fraction too late to entirely be missed.

With each strike and parry, Braze's mind worked in tandem with his body, analyzing and strategizing. He began to anticipate Ko's subtle movements, incorporating his presence into the mental choreography of the battle. As his blade swirled through the air, he couldn't help but wonder how Ko would respond to the idea of an invitation.

As if on cue, Braze's training saber deflected a blow from the droid, and he turned his gaze toward Ko. "Ko! I sense you there," he called out, a mischievous tone, "Why don't you join in on the fun?"

With an inviting gesture, Braze motioned for Ko to step forward and engage him in combat. The training chamber became a stage. Braze's senses sharpened, attuned to the interplay of their energies. He relished the challenge and the chance to spar with his friend. It seemed Braze wanted the challenge of two opponents whilst blindfolded.

Z9U36lL.png
At first the other Padawan seemed to be doing a good job at focusing on the task at hand. But gradually Braze appeared to lose sight of it before finally calling out to Ko. Looking down at them from where he stood, Kel Dor gave a shrug and stepped into the room.

“You really wanna do a two v. one while blind folded Braze?” Ko questioned as he unholstered his lightsaber hilt. He twisted a dial on the weapon, lowering the power of the weapon to that of a typical training saber to keep from hurting Braze. He watched as they continued to spar with the droid.

Ko wondered if Braze had something up his sleeve or was just being arrogant and foolish. Overestimating their own abilities seemed like it was the most likely reason. The Kel Dor stood back and kept his distance as he ignited his saber, bathing the room in more emerald light. Waiting a bit before finally making his move against the smaller padawan. Quickly Ko chucked his saber through the air at Braze. It gave a loud hum as it swirled through the air before making contact. Whether or not it did, Ko telekinetically summoned his weapon back to his hands.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

“You really wanna do a two v. one wild blindfolded Braze?”
"Yeah show me what you got Hot Coco~" Braze's focus sharpened as the training droid lunged at him, its metallic limbs moving with lightning speed. With a swift and precise motion, he parried the droid's strike, his training saber meeting the oncoming attack with a resounding clash. He could feel the vibrations reverberating through his arms as he pushed back against the droid's forceful assault.

But as the droid attempted a follow-up attack, something felt off. Braze couldn't hear Ko's familiar footsteps accompanying the training session. Confusion flickered across his face, momentarily distracting him from the fight. Nevertheless, instinct took over, and he quickly adjusted his stance, ready to defend himself.

With a sudden twist of his body, Braze moved to block the incoming saber, his training saber intercepting the dangerous arc of light. However, he didn't realize that Ko had thrown his own saber in an unexpected maneuver. As the thrown saber collided with his own, sparks erupted, illuminating the training chamber with a blinding flash.

The searing pain seeped through Braze's being as the thrown saber fell back from the collision, It had caught him on the side of his shoulder and then his thigh, leaving a burning trail across his arm, and an on searing welt over his thigh. He gritted his teeth- He did however let a pained string of exploitatives slip his lips as he spun his blade without turning deflecting three more shots from the droid. He twirled it around into a defensive pose immediately after and his ears twitched hearing Ko's saber move in an odd way that he was unfamiliar with.... Braze tilted his head in confusion but near effortlessly deflected two more shots from the droid. It was slow as teh cogs in his head churned... ". . . You're cheating aren't you?"

Z9U36lL.png
Ko couldn’t help but give a healthy laugh as Braze strung together a series of swear words over getting hit. His laughter got even a bit louder as the fair haired boy accused him of cheating. “Haha… Well you didn’t really establish any ground rules. So I just threw my lightsaber at ya.”

“I’d recommend that if you wanna actually spar with me, you don’t give yourself such a numerical disadvantage… Then again I’m really just here to let you know something. I just didn’t wanna interrupt your training earlier.”
Ko explained to them. He was willing to spar with Braze for kicks and maybe test his own metal given recent developments. Then again he wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to engage even in mock combat. But it could possibly be somewhat therapeutic as well.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

In swift and fluid motions, Braze gracefully concluded his duel with the training droid, his movements a seamless display of skill and precision. As the droid's mechanical limbs fell silent, he reached up to remove the blindfold, allowing his eyes to adjust to the familiar surroundings of the training chamber. With a quick assessment, he moved to reset the droid, ensuring it was ready for the next session.

His attention shifted to Ko as he mentioned a message. A mischievous sparkle danced in Braze's eyes, a playful grin forming on his lips. "Ah, a message from Hot Coco? I hope it's as sweet as a scoop of ice cream on a hot day!" he exclaimed, his tone filled with lighthearted banter. "You have my attention now."

With a flourish of his training saber, Braze twirled it in the air, showcasing his dexterity and control. The blade spun effortlessly before he caught it by the hilt, his grip firm and confident. As the hum of the saber faded, he powered off the weapon, allowing the chamber to return to its serene stillness.

Z9U36lL.png
Ko rolled his eyes at the silly nickname. He would’ve imagined that the boy would’ve known what he was here for. But seemingly forgot about their own favor or just didn’t care enough about it anymore.

He watched as Braze did their showy flourish. Letting them finish it before speaking. Looking down at him Ko replied. “Yeah it was about your math homework. Remember when you asked me to help you with it a while back. Well fortunately for you I got it done, before I even arrived at my assignment.” If he was honest he’d mention that it actually helped distract and calmed his nerves before it. Ko couldn’t have imagined that he would be able to have gotten it done after Chaldea.

“That’s really just why I was looking for ya, to follow up on my agreement to help earlier.” His tone was a lot more straightforward, not quite matching the more playful tone Braze spoke with.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

Braze blinked, a sheepish grin spreading across his face as he realized his forgetfulness. "Oh! Right, right, the math homework. Sorry, it slipped my mind for a moment there," he admitted, scratching the back of his head. "I'm glad you got it done though. I really appreciate your help, Ko."

His playful demeanor softened as he listened to Ko's straightforward explanation. He nodded, acknowledging the shift in conversation. "I apologize if I seemed a bit scattered. It's been a lot lately, but I'm grateful you remembered and took the time to help me with it, you're a lifesaver. How was your missive?"

Z9U36lL.png
He gave an affirming nod as the other padawan expressed their appreciation. Ko was glad that he could at least brighten someone else’s day a little, even if it was Braze. “I’d say you’re not alone in feeling that way. You know, a little scattered.” Ko recalled a discussion he was a part of, about pilgrimages. Specifically something that The Shield of The Jedi said to him and Loomi Loomi ...

"Many of you are still young. And I think it's time you're allowed to be young again."

Ko couldn’t help but feel like the Jedi Master would be disappointed in his recent exploits. Having not spent his time doing very age appropriate activities. He thought about how to answer Braze’s question. Letting out a sigh he looked away from the pale padawan. “It… It was rough…” Even without being able to catch his expressions behind his face mask, Braze would very likely be able to tell that their friend was hurting. “I haven’t really talked to anybody about it. I just don’t think I’m ready yet…”

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png
Braze felt a pang of concern as he sensed a flicker of pain radiating from Ko. He approached the older Padawan, unsure of what exactly had transpired. Having witnessed battles himself and experienced the weight of dark events, he understood that such experiences could weigh heavily on one's soul. Without much warning or further words, Braze instinctively moved closer to Ko, wrapping his arms around him in a tight, comforting embrace.

"It's okay," Braze whispered softly. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. But sometimes, it helps to share those burdens, to let someone in. If you can't find the words, maybe try writing about it. It can be a way to release what's inside."
He held Ko for a moment, offering solace and support. Braze knew that some wounds could run deep and that healing took time. He wanted Ko to know that he was there, ready to listen if and when he was ready to share.

"You don't have to feel alone," Braze added. Braze gently released the embrace, allowing Ko the space he needed.

Z9U36lL.png
What happened next felt rather bizarre for Ko. He wasn’t even really paying attention to Braze as he thought about what had happened. Before suddenly feeling himself get hugged by the fellow padawan. Looking back down at him, Ko was a little taken back by what was happening.

Braze was trying to comfort him. The skin around Ko’s mask also became much more red, having blushed some from the pale boy’s embrace. It pushed Ko more into the idea that Braze really was trying to be a more caring and respectful person. Even offering Ko some advice on ways to express his troubles. He still felt it was a little weird though that Braze was hugging him. Having never gotten much physical contact since leaving his homeworld.

Ko simply and somewhat awkwardly brought one of his clawed hands up and gave Braze a little pat on the head. After which he began to give the Kel Dor some space. “Battles are just… a lot more different than the occasional group highwaymen. Thanks Braze.”

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

"Yeah, they can be kinda... intense. " He offered lightly. Braze blinked at that the feeling of Ko's clawed hand atop his head. He blinked again... that felt kinda nice.. he hadn't been pet before had he? No no, he had been... when he was small and sick. It was something he remembered his mother did to comfort him when he was really small. He leaned into that soft touch briefly before realizing perhaps this was odd. He pulled away uncertain if he should be seeking that kind of comfort from Ko.

"You're welcome Ko. If you want to do other things to keep occupied I don't mind spending time with you either. " He offered, taking on a more chipper tone.

Z9U36lL.png
Ko’s pats were more so because he wasn’t quite sure what to do with his hands as Brazed hugged him. He didn’t quite feel like hugging him back, but didn’t want to just stand there awkwardly either.

“That would be nice perhaps. I’ve been upping my training more now. Jonyna has taken me under her wing now as a padawan. She’s been helping to hone my skills with more elemental manipulation. Which has helped quite a bit with keeping me occupied.” Ko replied some, he stepped back a bit and leaned against the dojo wall some.

“You were doing some blind folded training earlier, man, I haven’t done anything like that since I was a youngling. When they made us do blind blast deflection exercises.” Ko added, mentioning what Braze was doing earlier.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png
"Aye? The Pretty Kitty one? You're lucky she's very nice. I was approached by her for apprenticeship but I didn't really think I was worthy... I think you'll do excellent with her. Congratulations Ko, you've definitely earned the honor." Braze offered lightly thinking about it. and offering Ko a smile.

Braze listened to Ko's response, picking up on a subtle hint of skepticism in his mention of blindfolded training. A brief pang of self-consciousness washed over him, making him wonder if Ko found his chosen method childish or outdated. He pondered for a moment before responding, trying to maintain a lighthearted tone.

"Yeah, blindfolded training can seem a bit old-fashioned, I guess," Braze replied with a playful smirk. "But you know what they say, old tricks can still surprise you. Besides, it's all about honing your other senses and pushing your limits, right? Gotta keep things interesting and challenging. We could try together with both of us being blindfolded perhaps. It's a bit trickier fighting a real person as an opponent as opposed to droids. "

He shrugged, attempting to brush off any insecurity he might have felt. After all, he had chosen this method for a reason, believing it would enhance his connection with the Force and sharpen his reflexes. Braze didn't want Ko to think he was stuck in some nostalgic training routine without purpose.

"But elemental manipulation, huh? That sounds pretty cool," Braze continued, genuinely interested in Ko's training progress. "Maybe you can show me what you learned? I've started trying to manipulate wind as of late. "

Z9U36lL.png
“The pretty kitty one?” Braze’s words almost made Ko giggle a bit at that. Getting the feeling that Master Si wouldn’t appreciate being called a kitty. Recalling also how she told him that Braze was a padawan she approached first. Sparking a tiny bit of jealousy within the Kel Dor. Nonetheless the pale boy’s words were nice and supportive.

“Nothing wrong with expanding on the more classical training. I mean I still use Shi-Cho in with my lightsaber, although I’m trying to adapt more to Form VI for myself now.” Ko expressed, wanting to let Braze know that there was nothing wrong about training in ways some Jedi might see as having outgrown. “Also sometimes you can’t always rely on your sense of vision. Maybe it’s too dark, or you’re like me and a particularly humid environment can fog up your goggles.” Ko added to what Braze was saying. Mentioning some of his own struggles when it comes to having poor vision. That are somewhat unique to him.

“Seems like we’ve adopted practically opposite elements, I’ve been specializing more so in earth and rock myself.” The Kel Dor responded in regards to what Braze has been working towards. “But yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing some blindfolded sparring with ya. You never really know when that kind of training can come in handy.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

"How about we kick it up a notch and venture outside? We can use blindfolds and explore our newfound abilities with a bit more thrill and less accidental chaos. It could be a lot of fun," Braze suggested eagerly. The idea of blindfolded sparring with Ko already sounded entertaining, but adding an extra element to the training could make it even more exhilarating overall.​

Z9U36lL.png
Ko thought for a moment before grabbing a blind fold for himself. “I like the idea, but…” He paused for a moment, ever the responsible student he thought about the possible problems that might arise. “I imagine it wouldn’t be appreciated if I used my elemental powers even outside. Tearing up the courtyard by manipulating the stone foundation.” He would have to get his stone and earth from somewhere after all. He couldn’t just blast out gusts of wind like Braze could. Although he wondered if Braze was just call say that he's being the Fun Police now.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png
"So we would need a better location for our arena then if we want to do that?" Braze inquired with genuine curiosity, intrigued by the idea of practicing their skills in a new setting. "Where do you usually train for such exercises, Ko?" he asked, eager to learn more about Ko's usual training routines.

As the two discussed potential locations, Braze realized that their current surroundings might not be the best fit for what they had in mind. He hadn't initially considered the potential issues with using the nearby area, but once Ko pointed out the possibility of collateral damage from the earth manipulation, Braze's perspective shifted. He saw the logic behind Ko's concern and agreed that it was a valid point to consider.

Still, Braze couldn't hide his excitement and enthusiasm for the idea of training together. He was genuinely thrilled to have Ko's attention and to be included in something he found enjoyable. His impulsive nature sometimes led him to overlook certain details, but he was quick to adapt and consider alternatives when new information was presented.

"Perhaps we could find a more open field or a remote area," Braze suggested, his mind already buzzing with possibilities. "Somewhere with softer ground and less risk of causing unintended damage... I'm not so sure tehre are places like that around here are there?"

His eyes sparkled with excitement, and he eagerly awaited Ko's response.

Z9U36lL.png
“Well the last time I trained it was in a remote location on Cathar, so there was no real fear of collateral damage. I’m not skilled enough to trust myself to use such abilities in a concrete jungle.” Ko explained, have no desire to level a skyscraper by accident because he ripped apart its foundation.

Ko raised a questioning brow to Braze and asked, “Are you suggesting that we head off world? Since there sure are many fields out here. Well not any that would be wise for us to visit." If the two could even reach the real surface of coruscant it was probably just mountains of trash and massive lakes of sludge.

“Hmm, I know Vandor-3 is a decent terrestrial world, and that’s in the same star system. Nothing more than a sublight skip over form coruscant.” Ko doubted anyone would take issue with them venturing off the the local planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom