Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Dark

The young woman was not entirely emotionally stable, but she was getting by. She lived day to day on Iridonia and followed a form of a routine there. Waking up in the morning, tending to her plants she was able to grow there and then training. After that a short break for food, maybe a rest and then training again until it was dinner time. After that, the rest of the day was hers to do with as she wanted. Quite often she would be found sitting under one of the few trees in the area.

Even though she was a master herself, there were still many things for her to learn.

Krest had introduced her to his blind apprentice and given him the opportunity to assist in her training. That had to really formally begin though. Time, duties and the weather had kept it from starting. A sand storm had been going on most of the day, but it cleared up in time for her to go outside and enjoy the fall of night.

Sitting under that tree, Jairdain was in touch with the nature around her. Iridonia might be a mostly desert world but it was far from lifeless. Here she witnessed the survival of the fittest. A rule that applied even outside of nature and carried over into life itself. She was one herself, but at this point in her life...it was one of her lowest.

Hoping for company, she wasn't fully expecting any tonight. So she sat alone and touched the earth around her, just feeling. Sensing the approach of Vaulkhar, she smiled. Maybe there was going to be company this evening.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

It is fair to say Vaulkhar took far too long to get ready. He hoped to start aiding Jairdain in her training earlier in the day, though with the sandstorm Vaulkhar was kept in the palace for training himself. Well, "training" was putting it too formally. He was ordered to prove himself to the Palace Guard by his master, Krest. So over the course of a few hours, he brutally made his way through each of the guards, beating one of them at a time until the point of exhaustion. He succeeded in the task set by his master, though he was sore all over and missed what he was hoping would be a efficient day of growth for the both of them. Unfortunately it was too late, but he couldn't stop himself from getting ready to go see her. He had too. Whether it was his own misguided feelings or something more, he knew if he didn't see Jairdain this evening, he'd thoroughly regret it. Finally, the half breed decided on some semblance of an outfit.

Vaulkhar stared himself down in the mirror, nodding. He wore simple garb, though his clothing were comfortable. His pants were a silken black, allowing room for movement while maintaining a level of softness he enjoyed. His shirt was a short sleeved white, which he could tie off at the top or allow to leave open a few inches. He opted for the latter, personally enjoying the feeling of the breeze on his chest. Vaulkhar slipped on his boots and his belt, allowing his lightsabers to dangle at his side as he made his way out. He strode through the halls and towards the palace's personally hangar. Vaulkhar set off quickly, racing in the direction of Jairdain's house. Several minutes passed before he parked the bike outside of her home and climbed off. He prepared himself to find her, though it didn't take long considering he quickly picked up on her brilliance nearby her home. He quickly smoothed out his clothing before striding over.

"Uh... Jairdain, it's Vaulkhar," the half breed raised an arm and waved, a pointless move but one he was used to making with those that could see him. "I hope you don't mind if I join you."

[member="Jairdain"]

If they could have seen each other visually, it would be noted each of them wore something similar. Maybe not in color, but certainly in style. Maybe because of the planet and its weather or it could just be who they were. Simple clothing, but comfortable and worked in this atmosphere.

Standing up, if he could pick up on emotions, then he would know his company was welcomed and wanted. Even though physical actions and expressions were lost, she still smiled.

Sensing his wave, it was returned and she started walking his direction.

"Not at all, Vaulkhar. I spent a lonely day locked up inside and missed out on being able to meet with you. Have you had dinner yet?"

It wasn't quite time to eat, but getting close for her. With nothing cooked yet, there would be an offer to make some for him as well. The other option would be to visit the town this home wasn't far from. With how unpredictable the weather could be here, it might be better to stay home.

"Would you care for something to drink? I have yet to eat myself and was about to make something. You are welcome to join."

The half breed managed to pick up on her emotion rather easily, immediately becoming more at ease as he realized his presence was both wanted and accepted. He moved towards her, listening to her brief explanation of her day as well as her question. He paused a short distance from her, within two feet of her for that matter. Vaulkhar could not be sure entirely why he did, though he knew he enjoyed the feeling of her radiance around him. When he looked down at himself he could see swathes of his dark energy washed away by just her presence alone, warming him to the otherwise cold galaxy. He turned his attention back to her.

"I've not eaten, no. I've spent the entirety of my day fighting Krest's palace guard to earn their respect."

At the mention of his earlier shenanigans, a semblance of pain leaked through his otherwise overjoyed persona. Physically he was bruised and recovering from a rather strenuous training session. Mentally he was not particularly happy he spent his day locked in combat rather than with her. At the invite, those negative feelings were quickly washed away.

"I would love a drink, perhaps even a meal, thank you Jairdain."

Vaulkhar raised a hand to reach forward, though he stopped himself immediately and allowed his arm to fall to his side. He wanted to feel her again. Though he could not bring himself to do so.

[member="Jairdain"]

"I am glad you weren't seriously hurt. Bumps and bruises are common, but would you like me to take away the pain?"

It was a genuine offer and not just because of the sympathy she had. Life was painful in and of itself, but if there was something she could do to help him she would.

when he accepted her offer for the drink, she nodded and realized he had never been inside her home. Its looks would make little difference to him, but he wouldn't know his way around. Having been in many places that were unfamilliar, she would guide him if he wanted her to. However, the getting there wasn't going to be an issue since the land was clear.

Unlike him, Jairdain did not hesitate to hold her hand out to him. She too craved the touch and it allowed them to get a better feel for the other.Instead of just seeing or feeling through the Force, that touch was physical and spoke quite loud at times.

"While I appreciate the offer, I think I'll keep them for now. Perhaps it is the former Sith in me speaking, but the pain builds character and strength within me I cannot turn away from."

Vaulkhar almost immediately reached forward to take her hand within his good one. His palms were smooth to the touch, surprisingly without callouses considering his life as a warrior and bladesman. His fingers sunk past her own and curled around her hand as he took in her touch with a small smile. He would make no moves to halt her as she guided him towards her home, instead he kept in step beside her wearing a relatively goofy smile. Vaulkhar leaked of happiness, excitement, and a comfortable content he had not known before this moment.

"I am keen on being inside your home, Jairdain. I am sure it is nice and cozy."

He peered towards her and opened his mouth to speak, though instead he paused and decided against it. He wanted to compliment her, something she could likely tell with ease. Sadly, he could not bring himself to it and instead remained silent as they moved towards her home.

[member="Jairdain"]

She knew all too well the pains of training and recovering from them as well as the reason for keeping them. It wasn't just how the Sith were, but even the Jedi had pretty much the same rule. The difference was in the training itself. The Sith wanted to enhance the strongest to beat the weakest with the chance of death. When it was done with the Jedi, there was no death in the lesson. Something maybe he was unaware of, but it really didn't matter.

Nodding in acceptance, when he accepted her hand, she smiled. Her own skin was smooth as well. Not being a fighter, she hadn't grown the calluses most fighters had. The life of more or less that of a consular was one that did tend to lead to physical battles. There was no way for Vaulkar to know of her mental scars and she kept them secret.

When he commented he would be keen to be in her home that smile grew and he would feel her happiness at his comment.

"It is rather simple, but I don't need much in all honesty. Places to sit, eat and sleep. It's modeled after the home I had built on Voss actually. So I know exactly where everything is. Have you ever been to Voss?"

The former capitol of the Silvers and now under the control of the Sith. She had been there twice since the Sith had taken over and did not think she would ever return. Unless there was a need for it.

"What would you like to drink?"

Their walk did not take long and Jairdain asked this as she opened the door for them. She moved out of the way for him to go in first if he wanted and once they were in inside closed the door behind them.

"And what were you going to say earlier? I said before, it is pretty useless to keep many things from me and I know there was something."

Her tone wasn't pressuring, but curious and she really wanted to know that answer.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar remained at her side as they moved, ensuring he did not outpace the smaller woman.

"Simple is fine. There is no need to over complicate something like a home," he paused after saying the word home, a tinge of sadness escaping him. Though he quickly picked up the conversation once more. "Indeed, I was a prisoner on Voss for several weeks until Thurion could meet with me to discuss possible training with the order, though the man who was going to train me disappeared unfortunately." Vaulkhar stepped in, offering a nod of thanks while doing so. "I wouldn't mind tea, simple enough and never a bad choice."

At her question he remained silent, moving to take a seat at the first chair he found.

"I wanted to say you are very beautiful, Jairdain."

[member="Jairdain"]

Happy he agreed with her that a home could be something simple, she noticed that little bit of sadness. When he answered her question about Voss, there was a small bit of sympathy and something not quite humor in her. Jairdain did not know much about Vaulkhar, but they did share being held captive on the capital world of their then enemies.

"I met him once along with his wife and child, but nothing more than that."

Nodding when he said he ​would like some tea, she went into the kitchen to start fixing that. With all the updated gadgets Krest had made sure were installed, that tea did not take very long. Returning with the cups for each of them, when he gave voice to what he had been going to say, she thought she handled the words well.

Luckily the cups were already set down on the table or very likely at least one would have been spilled. There was barely a heartbeat of delay before she could think of something...and what came out was...well rather generic, but there was surprise, happiness and a smile all mixed in.

"Thank you, Vaulkhar. I do wonder how I look to you."

Totally not able to actually drink the tea now, she sat at the end of the couch closest to the chair he had picked. What he said though brought some thought to her and that smile stayed. Not because of the compliment, but they opened the door to so much more. Jairdain did not know what she might feel for Vaulkhar in her current state, but wanted to find out.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"He is a good man, or was... I am unsure if he is still alive. Our conversation was brief but he supported my goal to find change, peace, and happiness. It is unfortunate my master abandoned me. I turned around and went back to subjugating planets under the banner of my father."

Vaulkhar went silent once more at that. He grit his teeth, jaw tightening in response to his clear frustration. From start to finish his time with the Sith and every attempt to breakaway had ended in failure and disappointment. It was clear the half breed was on the precipice of giving up for good, though he quickly masked those feelings and cleared his throat. His momentary coldness and self hate dispersing quickly as his attention focused back on Jairdain and her presence once more overcame the darkness about him.

"Hmm, how you look to me?" he considered that momentarily. "Imagine the warmest, most brilliant aura you've ever witnessed, rivaling that of the sun or the stars. That is how you look to me. A brilliant and radiant glow washing over me in warmth and acceptance. You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen Jairdain, I genuinely believe you are more than human. You have to be..."

He went silent and lifted his tea to his lips. He blew on it briefly before taking a sip of the steaming beverage, the heat not seeming to bother him in the slightest.

[member="Jairdain"]

"Thurion is still very much alive, but has stepped away from being active and devoting his life and time more to his family. Beyond that I don't know anything about him. He had pretty much left by the time I even joined the Silver's."

At the cusp between that of a child and adult, she thought she had found a home with them. Little did she know just how tough things were going to get for her. However the years had passed and she had recovered from those times. It seemed that whenever her life was going well, something came along and pulled the rug of stability out from under her. Right now was another one of those times and here she was hiding on Iridonia to try and heal.

As she thought and listened to what Vaulkhar said, she nodded and held a hand out almost absentmindedly. Not quite though, there was an intention behind it. He wanted help to break the chains of his life and she felt she could help him. It was also possible that by doing that he would help her. After she had left the sith and returned to the jedi, she had helped heal people and those actions had helped her.

Listening to him describe how she looked to him very likely intensified her glow. His words warmed her and some of them stood out with great clarity to her.

"I am no angel if that is what you are looking for. Thank you."

That light within h​er that he saw wasn't something she could see within herself. Her past, current mental state blocked it from how she could view what she really was. Vaulkhar could see it within her as she could see his longing to be something more than he was.

"Maybe I can help you at the same time you help me."

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"Perhaps you are not an angel, but you are something," Vaulkhar said softly as his blind gaze slipped down to peer at her hand. He could feel it as it waited for him to take it. The gesture was different than earlier. He did not need her guidance in sitting, she knew that. What she offered him at this moment was something more. Something that surprised him. Seconds of silent thinking continued before his hand moved downwards and closed around hers once again. He gently flexed his fingers, testing how it felt to him, enjoying her gentle touch, before his fingers finally slipped past her own and closed around her hand entirely. He enjoyed the feeling of her, she was both soft and warm to the touch. It was not until this moment that he realized he needed such a touch in his life. Something he could come home to. Something he could smile before resting his head at night and raising it in the morning. Something beautiful that would not turn around and attempt to kill him when he wasn't looking.

"While I appreciate the idea of you wishing to help me, Jairdain, I do not see how you could be of help. And I am unsure how I can," the idea of aiding one another on an emotional level was foreign to the half breed. Within the Sith, such simply did not happen.

[member="Jairdain"]

There were no words she could think of to say to Vaulkhar on what she could be. She was nothing more than a human. It did not really matter though, Jairdain knew what she was biologically. Her offer is what did right now.

Touch mattered to her and she knew what the Sith were like most of the time. A simple action could mean everything and that is what counted right now. He accepted her hand slowly, as if he was afraid it might turn into a serpent and bite him. When he did though and gripped her hand within his, that realization hit him in what it could mean.

Licking her lips as she thought of how to respond, there were a few more moments of silence between them. Thoughtful, warm, slightly confused and lost, these emotions swirled around the two of them. Both lost in a dark world and clinging to each other. When words did come to her, she spoke softly.

"Help comes in many ways. You may not know it now or ever, but I feel it is going to happen. For both of us."

Smiling now, her mind flipped back into something more logical that he might understand.

"In training, you will be helping me. Outside of training, like now I feel I will help you. I don't know how to either if I'm being honest, it is just a feeling I have."

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar seemed to relax somewhat as she spoke, seeming to sink back a bit into his chair. Since their first meeting the young man had always been rigged, alert, expecting an attack at a second's notice. Her words put him at ease, that was easy enough to note. The logic as well spoke to him in a way he did understand.

"Okay, that makes sense. I can offer you training to overcome something that currently holds you back. With strength in the saber you will find resolve and guidance in ways you've likely never thought possible."

His lips turned up in a wide smile as he sat back up, suddenly excited at the prospect of finding help. He quickly calmed himself, ensuring he did not fidget too much. His actions were not meant to be off putting in anyway, though it was entirely possible to him he'd come off as such. Which was no good.

"I will... I will accept, Jairdain."

The concept of help was foreign to the former Sith. And as she'd likely expect, the very idea of getting help was the enemy.

[member="Jairdain"]

When her words hit him and got understanding, Jairdain also smiled. Sensing that he was relaxing around her, it made her feel good. She was not that serpent that would strike him and he was beginning to accept that. Laughing slightly when he mentioned resolve, she did her own useless gesture and pointed at her head.

"Oh I have plenty of training in resolve. It actually makes me a little jealous of you being Epicanthix. My abilities don't effect you and you don't need any training to block them. Can they?"

Her statement was not meant to be insulting to him and with the smile in her voice, she hoped he knew that. The question was an honest one and how he answered would go a long way in her quest to help him.

As he accepted her help, even if she did not know how just yet, she continued to smile.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"Well, a master of your caliber could likely crack the average Epicanthix' mind with minimal effort on your end. However, due to my own training in the force against such techniques, it likely be impossible."

Vaulkhar shrugged weakly at that, his fingers flexing around her hand once more before settling. He was in no way insulted or bothered by the statement, he counted his blessings for his birth. Being the son of an Epicanthix and a Miraluka alike had many benefits, even if the earlier years of his life were grueling. And the recent years. Well, all the years really, but in the moment he seemed entirely unbothered by that.

"Unless I allow you in, that is."

There it was, the scariest thing Vaulkhar had likely ever said or considered. It leaked off of him in waves. The man had faced down entire armies in the company of a little more than a dozen men and women at his side. He'd faced his father, faced Grandmaster's of the Jedi Order. Yet right here, the idea of letting someone in frightened him considerably.

[member="Jairdain"]

There would be surprise felt at his answer as Jairdain had always assumed his race's mental faculties to be totally off limits to her. It did give her pause to think though and she wondered if she could accomplish it. Somebody that was trained to resist would prove a challenge, but a normal one shouldn't be an issue. Not that she would have any real opportunity to give an attempt at it. He was the first she had met personally.

He mentioned his own training and then one way she could reach him. The fear on him after he said it was both felt and seen by her. However, she did not recoil or pull away. Vaulkhar was the one that suggested it, he had brought this fear to home within himself. At the moment, she wasn't planning on exploiting it though. Not until that fear went away.

Trust needed to earned and while Jairdain had not done anything to indicate he shouldn't trust her, it still was not a given. That would take time and right now time was all they had. Calming and comfort came from her along with that acceptance he had always felt.

"When you are ready we can try. Not until then. For now, let's enjoy this tea and then dinner after."

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"We shall see."

Vaulkhar said softly, not quite disagreeing or agreeing with her statement. Some semblance of curiosity began to seep out of him, though he was frightened by the idea he also seemed at least somewhat interested. No one had entered his mind, as he ensured no one could see what tortured him. He raised his cup of tea once more and took another sip, relaxing further as the beverage found a home within him. His breathing slowly returned to normal as he took a moment or so to meditate and calm himself.

"What do you have in mind for dinner, Jairdain?"

His mood noticeably brightened as he turned his attention away from his prior thought process back to the evening at hand.

[member="Jairdain"]

"I would expect nothing less. In these days especially."

If the truth was known, Jairdain had never allowed anybody into her mind willingly. At least not outside of training. When she had been growing up and the kids had tried to force themselves in there...she had built up both natural and within the Force defenses that weren't easily broken. ​Telepathy was something entirely different and while it still required her to lower what she had to a degree, it was not a full opening.

She would not actually ever ask Vaulkhar to fully open himself. Something were meant to be kept hidden and secret. Even Jairdain had some such items that she wanted to keep buried. Looking at him through the Force, she felt that fear along with the interest. On the surface both were clear, but that fear went deeper.

"Why do you fear me?"

Using emotions to communicate sometimes better than words, she would attempt to give him some form of comfort. Like a warm blanket on a chilled night it would wrap around him if he allowed it in. A small attempt to lower his defenses even if Jairdain did not think of it.

"Something local. Nothing special, but it's perfect for the desert this world is."

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"I do not fear you, Jairdain. I fear the idea of people digging within my mind seeing what I have locked away and wish to forget. I trust you Jairdain, I've no reason to fear you," Vaulkhar lifted his tea once more, taking another sip of the beverage before setting it down having finished the drink entirely. He seemed to of fully relaxed at this point, with a mix of both the tea and the breathing techniques it had come much quicker than he anticipated. Did Vaulkhar fear anyone? The idea of it was ridiculous. His father was the most dangerous man in the galaxy and his family likely held the most power as well. Perhaps his only fears truly came from what was within him. Though he could not really be sure and it was not something he particularly sought to explore. Vaulkhar's blind gaze flickered back to her after his revere ended from the deceleration of what they'd be eating.

"That sounds good to me, I've not had a home made meal in years."

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom