Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Templo Dei Caeli

KMn8iFPl.jpg

Not far from the burgeoning reach of the First Order, lay Iktoch, a windy planet nestled between the Corellian Run and the Mara Corridor. The world was neutral and independent, just out of the arms of the Galactic Alliance, which was fortuitous for Ax’no as she did not need some governing body meddling in the affairs of the Caprine.

High above the fertile plains, carefully cultivated by the agrarians of Iktoch, stood the Grand Temple of Ax’no, and in a large bedroom situated in the interior of the temple, protected by the violent winds by thick stone walls, the Priestess readied herself for a new visitor.

“You haven’t had any guests to the temple in a long time,” remarked her handmaiden Toole, an Asti Caprine, largely untouched by Ax’no’s cruelty. Her other attendant Saira had not been so lucky. Her horns had not grown back since the Priestess cut them off and mounted them on the shoulders of one of her jackets - for disobedience.

“Let’s just say I’m feeling more like myself. For the last year, I’ve allowed the Caprine to become insular and myself complacent.”

“But your people still love you, and they do not seek much beyond the ground on which we stand. And your blessings, of course." Toole placed a cloak around her shoulders made of uskrod wool. They found themselves in the high winter season so temple fashion was more functional than elaborate or whimsical.

“But I do.”

A Master of Ren was coming.

She planned to show him her absolute power to harness an entire species to her yoke. If she could not coax them along, Ax'no would drag them.

And in turn, he’d show her how to make the galaxy kneel.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel was in the cockpit of the new TIE Silencer as he saw through the Glasteel viewport seeing the planet of Ikotch within his sights, still getting adjusted to his new flesh as he wore a simple black garb for more practicality within the Fighter, he also wanted to be rid of the Life Support Armor now that he was out of it. Why did he come here? It was simply someone had called him through the Force guiding him here, whether he knew who it was he couldn't say for sure as the roar of the TIE Fighter's Twin ion engine filled his new eardrums with that beautiful sound that he had missed. During the time in his armor for almost 2 years, his senses were clouded, as he still remembered the living hell it was like to be within it, but he had to admit it. It made him more powerful, and it made him feared, his strength in the dark side increased ten fold and his presence on the battlefield one that was filled with terror. But now he was flesh and blood that he could now see everything with his own eyes, but just because he was flesh and blood didn't make him weak by any means, if anything it made him stronger, as he felt new found power course his veins and his experience throughout the past two years only added to that, he was at his prime and he couldn't have been happier because of it.

He eased in the control yoke, as the Fighter slowly descended onto the barren moon. Kyrel just following the call of darkness that spoke to him, the call of the dark side. Whoever it was that called him, as he reached out with the Force he could feel that the person was indeed strong, strong as he perhaps, perhaps not it was difficult to say for certain but they broadcasted the dark force signature like a flame to a Moth. And like a Moth, he followed it eagerly. He finally saw a Temple of sorts on the fertile surface and knew that was where the signature was coming from, taking the fighter in for a landing he set it down gently turning on the landing cycle. After the craft was landed onto the surface, Kyrel stepped out with both of his sabers dangling on his belt as he landed on the surface, and besides seeing the magnificent structure in front of him he saw nothing but a fertile land filled grass and crops, momentarily impressed by how the surroundings were compared to other parts of the world that was barren. Kyrel didn't put much thought into it after a moment of looking around him, and so walked towards the structure marveling the architecture as he walked towards it.

As he finally walked down a pair of stairs that led to the structure he saw what looked to be servants, handmaidens of sorts as they were all female Ikotchi, one came to him not speaking but guided him through the structure expecting him to follow, with each step the dark side became stronger and with each step Kyrel grew eager to meet the being that called him here. Then she finally led him to a bedroom where a woman with blue hair and horns stood before him, he slightly raised a brow in curiosity as the handmaiden left, and Kyrel knew this was the person that called him as he spoke, his Accent a core world accent, like that of his mother who grew up in the Core Worlds, the tone sounding gentle but remained an inquisitive tone as he locked his dark eyes with her. "I suspect you summoned me here. And now we meet at last."

@Ax'no

Upon closer inspection, the Grand Temple of Ax’no had an aura of neglect about it. From afar, it was magnificent and stately, but up close there were cracks in the facade, stray debris on the floors that had not been swept away, and already parts of the colonnade were crumbling. The Caprine were not a starved and forgotten race, but their bounty lay in the land and not in the sky or in engineering as many primitive cultures reflected. The economy was stable but flat, and repair to her home was on the lower list of priorities.

The Priestess may have been an oligarch of sorts, but she acutely aware that a hungry population would quickly revolt against its leader. And the Caprine were firmly rooted in plenty at least from a survival aspect.

Toole left Ax’no’s room before her guest entered, and she was alone.

“Thank you for meeting me, Lord Kyrel.” She guessed at the title to be honest. The Ren structure had initially confused her, and still did to some extent, but the question of roles and succession could be asked later. Perhaps when the two were entangled in her bed, she mused upon viewing the handsome human.

Her gown made a soft swishing noise as she moved to a table where two glasses sat. Ax’no uncorked a bottle of wine and poured ruby liquid into both containers. She knew not of his new form nor the atrocities to his flesh which he’d managed to heal or conceal. The Caprine Priestess only saw a man who wanted the same things as she did.

“I have. Tell me about the Ren and your personal exploits. I’ve heard a little, but what I know has impressed me enough to hold this private council.”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel had found it odd that the strange woman had addressed him by his name. Not the given name of Thomas Kyrel the one that was him before he embraced a better path, but that of Kyrel Ren, the servant of the Supreme Leader, the Enforcer, the Jedi Slayer, the being who was perhaps one of the most powerful beings of his order. He was caught off guard that his brows for only a moment raised and his eyes widened but he fell back into a more neutral stance, giving her a nod as she filled two glasses with a sort of ruby liquid that he assumed was Wine. Looking at the ruby liquid giving it a slight flick of the wrist, he marveled the liquid as it rippled slightly against the glass as if it was a small ocean in his hand. He couldn't remember the last time he had wine as he had to sustain himself on a liquid diet and synthetic replicants of what Protein was. But now he could actually enjoy the intoxicating drink within the palm of his hands.
He glanced at it for only a moment more before raising it to his mouth, drinking it and savored the taste as it wasn't like the taste of hard liquor. He only took a couple of sips before looking at her sensing that she was extremely strong in the dark side, and questioned why the Force or even her had brought him here. Only time would tell the more he was here and so he would find out. The next thing caught him off guard was how she had wanted to know the Ren and his personal exploits. This made him finally speak, the gentle tone still made inquisitive than ever. "You know of my name woman, but how do you know of the Ren, and why do you wish to know this? He thought even more for a moment and realized he had no idea who the woman was beside her knowing of him and summoning him here. He finally gained some wits together and asked her slowly. "Who are you?"
@Ax'no

“The wine is made on Iktotch in the Caprine vineyards. Some say it’s too dry, but I’ve never been a fan of overly saccharine food and drink myself.”

The blue-haired Priestess settled into a multicolored, velvet divan and gingerly sipped her wine. With a fluid motion of her hand, she pointed to a similar one nearby for Kyrel to lounge upon.

“I do not know much about the First Order except that their reach is expanding. Rapidly even. But while I know of Sieger Ren and the young Ren. I cannot remember her name but a mere child...” Ax’no broke off into a husky chuckle signaling she did not think favorably upon the idea of someone that junior holding so much power. Even she’d come of age before she took the mantle of the Caprine Goddess.

She idly stroked one of her curled black horns, her fingernails clicking upon the keratin surface. “But you.” Her eyes widened, and he’d be able to see the jaundiced yellow of darkside corruption in her irises, a striking contrast to her blue hair. “You have slaughtered Jedi in heralded battles, like Kaeshana and on Hoth. Your name is what the galaxy associates with the Ren, not an old man and a little girl.”

She set her glass down upon a table and folded her hands together. With an enigmatic smile, the horned darksider finally said, “Instead of telling you who I am, how would you like it if I showed you?"

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel was curious of the woman she had showed him to a seat right in front of her and so he gave her a nod and sat on the comfortable sofa. Many questions were racing through his head as he looked right into her eyes almost draining the glass of the liquid.

He then listened more as she spoke of his battles and what the Ren were associated with especially when his name is mentioned. She then went on after giving him a flash of her yellow irises and went on in a cryptic manner of showing him something to which he leaned forward slightly. His tone still soft but made it known he was in no mood for games. "Then show me then stranger."

@Ax'no

The Ren drank deeply from the glass, signaling to Ax’no that he either enjoyed the wine, or was calming nerves or perhaps he was bacchanalian in nature and if so, he’d get along very well among the Caprine. While the Priestess remained chaste and controlled to her flock, behind the thick stone doors of the temple, her true nature emerged.

And even as he addressed her in a firm voice, the human before her was not as gauche as her former Master, despite his attempt to remain the sophisticated monarch he was. She admired that in Kyrel already. Ax’no sought allies who did not force subjugation from her. Furthermore she could not risk that kind of power struggle, not when the perception of her as an immortal Goddess was so important to maintain.

She nodded and rose, straightening out her gown with her clawed fingers. And then she stood before the dark-haired Ren, smelling of honey and gargrell flower. The Caprine gently placed her palm upon his broad shoulder.

He would see a vision of Ax’no as Briga Tinn, a young and knock-kneed girl being venerated by the Elders of the cult for her prognostications and then a fast forward to the ceremony where she’d literally become the Goddess of her race’s religion. He would also see a fragmented scene of smoke and destruction and a body lying there amid rubble and fire.

Sieger Ren. Dead.

That vision quickly segued into one of Kyrel himself and an army of troopers before him, Caprine warriors to one side and AT-ATs to the other, an unidentifiable field before them as they stood upon the precipice of war.

When she removed her hand, the series of mental pictures abruptly stopped. “I’m renown for my gift of future sight. Did you like what has been foretold?"

Of course, it would be difficult to tell if Ax’no truly had just seen the future or if in fact, the visions were some type of mind trick.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel was overwhelmed as soon as she stood forth and placed her hand on his shoulders, it then felt like he had been placed in the back seat of his own body as the images that flooded through his mind was flooded with intense images that it seemed like an eternity as it played in a flash forward. He saw the woman appear as a goddess the sight he found both beautiful and very shocking as well. A cult of some kind came next and then a ceremony. The next round of images was even more shocking than the last. He saw fire and smoke everywhere, bodies he couldn't identify but one stood out, in particular, it was the body of Supreme Leader Sieger Ren. The thought of him dead filled him with rage, self-loathing, and a feeling of failure. How could the Supreme Leader be dead? Why hadn't Kyrel seen this before?

This was not to be the last as before Kyrel could give into his rage the next image had brought him with utter disbelief, an army of warriors behind Kyrel, his blade ignited and Walkers in the background upon what seemed to be a Battlefield. For a moment Kyrel shook his head, but he did know that he craved more power, even with becoming the Enforcer of the Supreme Leader and Master of Ren, still, it was not enough. Kyrel wanted... no, he needed more and won't stop till he saw what he thought was enough. Then he shook himself out of such thoughts and prayed for the images to end, and then they did as he was now in the woman's bedroom learning her name was Ax'no through the visions he looked to her, and then he had remembered what he saw and then his yellow eyes flashed upon her as he said in anger as he got up and looked her in the eye even getting close to her face. "I do not like Blasphemy of the Supreme Leader's death. Those that speak or show such things are deserving of death no matter if power is too strong to resist"

@Ax'no

The kind of reaction that Lord Kyrel had to her visions was exactly the response that Ax’no craved. In the past she’d been called a “charlatan," or worse her precognition had been derided by the Sith, labeled a weaker and less useful skill.

Obviously the Caprine enjoyed being worshipped and adored, but any other extreme emotions like joy or anger over what she was able to allow her allies to see, they were just as welcome.

And the Master of Ren’s fury was a palpable presence in the stone-walled room.

As he locked his with her, she lowered her own eyes in a deferential way, allowing his rage to flow through her, feeding upon it to strengthen her own bond with the Force.

“I understand,” she said in a softer tone, her hand raising up. She placed it upon his chest, near to where his heart was, the organic muscle with its technologically enhanced accents beating so strong. “I cannot prevent myself from seeing the divination, but we can the course of history to stop it from happening. If your Supreme Leader is in danger than perhaps you are the chosen one who will ward off his demise.”

She withdrew her hand and settled besides Kyrel this time, her gown rustling like the sound of dry stalks in a silent field. “I present this gift to you. My gift of second sight. To use at your disposal. To become your personal augurer, even.” Ax’no nestled a little closer, testing the human’s personal boundaries now one inch at a time.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel was still unsure of what the woman was saying only feeling pure rage for the moment at what the woman had shown him. What she had shown him was treason of it's highest form, and those that spoke ill of the Supreme Leader should be dealt with immediately. He only stood they're trying to calm himself as it took every fiber of his being on not killing her this very moment. He only stared her down his yellow irises settling down to a dark hue.

She spoke of how it could have been a vision of the History that would take place, or perhaps it was nothing at all, but the notion that Kyrel couldn't understand was why she had thought he would have been some hero in some way. He was nothing more than a weapon, a tool to be wielded instead of the hand that wields it. But then he would give his own life to save the Supreme Leader.... After all like on Ossus when he had heard the ghost of his Mother speaking to him trying to convince him once more to accept the call of the light. He had said that this was all there is. And it was Kyrel had done too many things to be redeemed now.

She then placed her hand on his heart, and flinched as if he was going to attack her, but remained frozen unable to move when she touched him, as she then gave him something that was either a blessing or a curse, and although he was there still in reality. He could feel that this would have an effect for some time to come. As she spoke of giving him her power It took a moment for Kyrel to speak his tone slightly shaken. "Why have you bestowed this upon me?" And then it took him only moments to realize as soon as he said it she was leaning in closer ignoring his question and he did not know how to react, whether to remain or attacked and so he still remained there.

@Ax'no

While Ax’no worried about a swift and violent reprisal, once Kyrel’s yellow irises turned back to a vibrantly dark blue, she could fully relax. As though summoning her handmaiden into the room through telepathy, the brunette servant Toole, came in silently, topped up both wine glasses and handed the Priestess hers. She padded out of the room again on bare feet.

While the Caprine leader would defend herself if needed against a sudden attack by the Ren, she preferred to think that their meeting had been sanctioned by the Force and blessed by the Goddess Ax’no herself like some sort of galaxy serendipity. And the impulsive woman would prefer to hide her more violent gifts of sorcery unless provoked and indulge the baser desires which normally held her sway.

Still, the man was more beholden to his cult leader than she’d anticipated.

As he stammered out his confusion, the Priestess smiled, trying to reign back in some of the eagerness with which she pursued.

“Come with me and I’ll show you.” Ax’no lifted herself up off the couch and extended her hand to Kyrel, bringing him to a balcony that lay through double doors on one side of her bedroom. Using the Force, she buffered the wind upon them as it would distract from the main event.

The dark-haired human would see colorful lights in the sky before them, shades of verdant green and turquoise blue. They swirled and undulated more brilliant and breathtaking than any light show seen upon Coruscant or Zeltros.

“An aurora,” she explained. “I can also summon storms, tornadoes, typhoons. But my power isn't as strong as I know it could be. I seek your guidance and training as a Master of the Force.” With the calm breeze and the celestial glow around them, the Grand Temple resembled more of a goddesses residence than it had before. "In return, I stay near your side as your prophetess, whose skills you can use to gain an advantage, either on the battlefield or in political situations. You will also have use of my strongest soldiers and a hand in the Iktoch government, which would be another perk of our alliance."

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel for a moment was certain that something was going to come out of the little face off and that he would have to hurt her, however, in the same amount of time, the Woman's servant came in taking the glasses and refilling them before quickly making her way out the door. Consider the way that she had entered, Kyrel had guessed it was more or less some form of telepathy.
She then got up and with a new determined smile she grabbed his hand, which Kyrel reluctantly allowed as he walked with her towards the balcony, despite his anger at her for the Vision of the Supreme Leader, Kyrel then bore witness to the sky as he saw a vibrant mix of colors that came at once to them both, it was something unlike he had ever seen and for a moment was completely mesmerized by the spectacle.
She then spoke of how she had required a use for him as a Teacher, and in return, she would stick closely to his side and provide him with armies and all her skills as well as a hand in the Ikotch Government. Such a request made him raise an eyebrow as he looked to her thinking slightly to himself for a moment before responding. "If you wish then I accept woman I will teach you what I know of the Dark Side. But if you betray me even in the slightest. I will hunt you down and end your life as well as this Temple and your Servants."
@Ax'no​

“Why would I ever deceive or betray you?” Ax’no asked, her yellow eyes peering up from black, splayed lashes, her claws clicking on the stone railing of the balcony. While the Priestess had the gift of a silver tongue, she’d truthfully only betrayed her former Master once, and it was treachery of the heart, which she vowed never to enact again.

And it was too early to say whether she felt that deep kind of connection with the Master of Ren, but the Caprine knew she’d remain the ruler of Iktotch only if she stayed insular, married within her own species and did not seek out the advanced knowledge she needed to become a powerful sorceress. But the Goddess craved more and more, especially outside of the boundaries of her realm

Which is where the human would come in.

“You may order me around in front of my servants, but in front of the Caprine population you will need to show a little bit of reverence. You will understand tomorrow when The Third Moon Festival happens tomorrow and you’re my guest of honor.”
She supposed she needed to relay the various customs of her species regarding the Goddess Ax’no as well as just general information about her primitive race.

In a soft and yielding voice she asked, “Can you do that?”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel became relieved as she had said that she had no desire to betray him and never would, but she still made him all the more cautious as he had not known the woman for very long, and she could still be a threat at any time, for now, the best option would be to play along to figure out what she was truly after next to his skills regarding the Force.

He was still wary of the woman, so far she held great promise in regards to power, and her skill with foresight was impressive but if not a little blasphemous. Still, he had not known what she was after. His power, his influence? What was her endgame exactly? That was what he was determined to find out by the end of the little stint here on the planet

Then when she next spoke, She spoke of having him become a guest of honor at a festival for tomorrow, but he had not planned for such trips, and the way she spoke the last sentence made it seem as if she was dying for him to come which made him let out a small sigh. "I accept but I have had no lodgings for the night. Where must I stay?"

@Ax'no

Lord Kyrel agreed to treat her with the respect a Goddess deserved, and she in turn would show him the hospitality of the Caprine. Ax’no had been rumored to have many lovers over the years, but this was only whispered about by her inner circle and those inside the Iktoch government. Her people thought her to be as chaste as a nun, locked in a monastery.

Only wisps remained of the aurora, the brilliant colors fading until they disappeared into the blackness of the sky. The wind began to pick up as the Priestess ceased buffering it through the Force. It slammed into them, ruffling her gown, teasing their hair until the duo were forced back inside the Temple.

“Of course, you can stay here. There are guest rooms, and my handmaidens either Toole or Saira can help you settle in.” Ax’no retrieved her wine glass, making no move to call either of her servant Caprine back into her bedroom. “I certainly don’t mind your company, however,” she answered in a more vulnerable tone, which held much less of the velvet huskiness of her voice before. The blue-haired darksider sat back down upon the divan finally shedding the uskrod wool cloak that had covered her, displaying pale arms and a swan-like neck a bit incongruous with such sturdy, black horns upon her head.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel still remained wary of her, she seemed to hold the promise of power, but what else was she after. Was she after his power, his connection to the Supreme Leader, or himself he still had to be on his guard, for he only knew that the Force brought him here to this place, and what had stood before him was a strange woman A woman who did not appear as she had seemed to be. With the growing winds, they had retreated back inside to where Kyrel took a seat right in front of her.

She then removed the top part of her attire revealing her horns. Something of which Kyrel was not surprised in the Ikotchi species, but what she had was not unlike any other of her kind, which made Kyrel curious all the more and it had seemed that she was a goddess, but whether she was or not did matter. She seemed to have wanted more than just this life, and that kept Kyrel intrigued so far.

When she spoke of how he might stay, she suggested that he could take a guest room, and have a servant help him settled in, but then her tone changed to a more vulnerable one which almost made Kyrel sympathetic to her, she had wished to enjoy his company more, and with that he couldn't argue as he decided to at least relent and let his guard down as he said calmly. "Well then if you wish for me to stay with you a bit longer I do not mind."

@Ax'no

Truthfully, Ax’no was after whatever power she could grab ahold of, and she was not above taking it by less than honorable means. Perhaps her abuse at the hands of the Elders when she was being groomed for divinity opened the door for her to associate ascension with her physicality. Either way, she’d traded her body for Sith knowledge and nearly married Ankharbus the Great, but he refused to wed outside of his own species.

The Master of Ren acquiesce in a softer voice with less of the threatening tone she’d heard before. However, the Priestess did not get the sense that the human had much experience with the “fairer” sex.

Ax’no rose up and then knelt down, placing herself at Kyrel’s feet, an unexpected gesture for a supposed goddess. The Caprine were a highly social race of beings and while other sentients may have been distressed by the lack of personal space afforded, the Priestess shared the same trait they all did - she loathed being alone. It’s why Toole and Saira slept in her bed each night, but tonight they would not. Unless another arrangement was to be proposed.

She rested her arms upon his knee, her chin resting upon them, her curled ink-black horns incongruous to the innocence in her expression. “Is your company not sought out often?”

She meant by other women, but wasn't sure whether he would derive that from her question

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

What the so-called god-like being did was unexpected she came and knelt in front of him on both knees placing her horned head on his knees. He almost moved back in his seat wary that she might try to take the chance to kill him, but she simply lied there looking at him deep in his eyes, asking him if he had been sought after. He understood what she had meant in regards to the presence of women. Kyrel had not been around a lot of women. He indeed take on a lover which was Zesiro but that was the only one. He had his apprentice who was a female but indeed nothing happened between the two of them needless to say he and females was a subject not talked about often.
Kyrel looked at her taken back by the question at first before replying softly. "No... No it is not. I was a monster once. A mechanical monstrosity. So no you are the first in a long time." He said as he sat quietly not minding her being in his personal space for now as what he saw the woman seemed to want to do no harm, and so for the moment wasn't bothered by such actions.
@Ax'no​

“So jumpy,” remarked Ax’no. “Do you have that many enemies?” She wrapped her clawed hand around his calf. “Don’t worry you are safe here. This is my inner sanctum. You must have noticed the army of Balae warriors who are guarding this temple. We are very protected here.”

As he admitted that he had been a monster, the Priestess rose and sat beside him now. Most men liked it when she became somewhat deferential to them - a small hint that perhaps Ax’no did not even believe in her own divinity. But Kyrel seemed to appreciate her more on his level, which boded well for an alliance. This was what she sought - someone to stand at the side of, ultimately not kneel before them as she had with the Sith.

While she did not fully undress, the Caprine loosened her gown in the back to show the Ren her own scars. He could see her nude back was covered with a very thin layer of fur, hardly noticeable unless you were up close, but her sloping spine in particular was criss-crossed with a series of angry whip scars.

“I’ve been called a monster before too. I’ve also suffered, Kyrel. But we persevere.”

She finally took his hand within hers, lightly stroking a palm with her thumb.

“Are you still mechanical under that flesh?”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel relaxed as she explained that they were perfectly safe. It made him feel all that much better, and it also let him know that within her sanctum nothing could touch them, and all the more comforting. Kyrel may find a use for her after all as he saw her sat right beside him now what it appeared to them being equaled whether they were or not still remained to be seen.

When he saw her scars, he almost thought for a moment she was gonna reveal her body, and he felt primal instincts into his mind for a moment, before banishing such thoughts as he looked at her scars, her scars were similar to his own, but he was internal rather than external, and it started to have him believe that perhaps the two were more alike then he had originally thought. He traced them across her back for only a moment before she turned around.

She then to his hand and rubbed his thumb, asking if he was mechanical behind the flesh and he replied softly rubbing her fingers as well. "Only my hear but everything is still organic. Other than that I am fully human now."

@Ax'no

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom