Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Search of Answers

Local Time: 13:21
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Objective: Travel to Vanquo
Ship: M-30S Krayt Gunship
Equipment: Loadout 1 (Minus the Backpack, Westar-M5 and Scatter Gun)
Tags: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

He had a lot of questions in his mind from all the encounters with the Jetii and Dar’jetii. He witnessed what they could do using the Force first-hand. He needed to learn what else they were capable of, so he could find or develop a countermeasure against their abilities when he faced them in combat in the future. He wasn’t sure where to start, until he remembered the Mandalorian Knights. They were not Jetii or Dar’jetii as far as he knew. They were a group of Mandalorian “Force Users”.

These Mandalorian Knights resided in the planet of Vanquo, in a place called the Sanctum of Duty. The planet was close to Mandalore. After he took off with his Gunship from Mandalore, he plotted a course to Vanquo and entered hyperspace. It would take long for him to reach the planet now. In the meantime, he reviewed the recorded combat footage he obtained from various encounters with Jetii and Dar’jetii. One of them was from Tatooine. The Dar’jetii he had encountered there had moved so fast, she managed to close the distance between them in a blink of the eye. The other one was from the wargames from Taris between the Mandalorians and the Silver Jedi Concord participants. One of them had managed to bend nature to his will and created a storm and had started to rain. Another jetii one during the wargames had somehow intruded into his mind and spoke to him. It was like a feminine inside voice. He of course couldn’t record that, but nonetheless, that was worrying. She also mentioned something about “reading minds”. That’s what he was worried about the most. Knowing your opponent’s next moves was certainly a major advantage. He was not sure how common of a trait this was among the Jetii. He was not sure if the Dar’jetii also possessed this ability.

He hoped to get some answers to his questions as his gunship exited hyperspace. His target destination was in sight. His HUD showed him related data regarding the planet. The terrain was primarily mountainous with large patches of forests with at least one moon. It looked like a beautiful planet. He checked the local time using his HUD. It showed 13:21. It was afternoon.

He directed his Gunship towards the known coordinates of the Sanctum of Duty before he made his entrance to the planet’s atmosphere. His HUD indicated his point of interest was about two hundred kilometers away from his current location. No matter, he would cover the distance quick with his ship.

---
Local Time: 13:31
Objective: Reach the Sanctum of Duty

The Sanctum of Duty was in sight now. He looked for a good place to land his Gunship while he circled around the Sanctum of Duty, keeping his altitude around five hundred meters from the ground. The structure very much resembled a castle, but it was incomplete. The signs of ongoing construction were visible. He didn’t detect movement from the outside, though. In a sense, it looked deserted. But there has to be someone there still. Right?

That’s what he hoped as he found an opening that was suitable for landing his Gunship. He gradually slowed down his speed and lowered his altitude while he approached his chosen landing site. He lowered the Gunship’s landing gears before he landed with the rear of the ship facing the Sanctum of Duty. He turned off the engines shortly after he landed and got up from the pilot’s seat and made his way to the ship’s boarding ramp at the rear.

He made sure to grab his datapad, the holodrive of the Sith Lord’s personal terminal and the vial that contained recombinant alchemical enzyme he recovered from his encounter with a Sith Lord on Coruscant from his bunks. Maybe they could answer some of his questions as well. He wasn’t sure what the Sith Lord named Ashin Varanin was doing there in that laboratory. The first time he saw her, she didn’t even strike him as a Sith Lord. He had his doubts up until the point where she spoke in an alien language, scaring off the Sithspawns he had encountered. Her disappearance into thin air was also intriguing.

He approached the boarding ramp controls by the ramp end of the main cabin and lowered the ramp after he exited his bunks. The boarding ramp lowered and extended down with a push of a button. He walked out of his Gunship and glanced at his surroundings. The vegetation around here was lush and the air was clean. It felt serene and peaceful. Maybe that was among the reasons why the Mandalorian Knights chose this planet and the surrounding area for their sanctum.

His HUD indicated he was five hundred meters away from the Sanctum of Duty. He started walking to his point of interest after he closed his Gunship’s ramp by pressing one of his wrist-link buttons on his left vambrace, making his way towards the structure’s entrance.

Last edited:
The sanctum of duty, her project of pride and joy, something for years she had dreamed of making but much political turmoil and hate for force users had delayed or even down right denied. But here she was within one of the halls of the sanctum walking past the workers and droids moving material or working on the structure itself. Stardust moved into the library which was the most important thing she had made a priority as it housed all the information shes gathered over several decades, things from fighting styles to notable force powers.

They had landing pads but they were out of sight/full, so when Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla landed came around with his gunship without sending a message a few of the knights she had act as guards for the moment quickly sent a message to stardust who was currently looking over a little bit of data from the library. Sighing she closed the entry and quickly made her way out to the main gate and only point of entry for the moment, she stood fully armored with her helmet in the netting as she looked to the ship design and sighed as she spoke to her guards

at ease, its union

With that she started to approach the newcomer and raised a hand to get their attention

su'cuy gar ner vod, what brings you to the sanctum of duty?

Local Time: 13:44
Objective: Travel to the Sanctum of Duty

The structure appeared much, much larger as he started to get closer with each step. It was magnificent. As he got closer, he detected movement by the gates. He gently pulled down his Rangefinder on his right side of his helmet to magnify what he was seeing. He spotted vode clad in beskar’gam. They appeared to be guards and somewhat startled. He should’ve notified them of his visit to the Sanctum of Duty. A new silhouette appeared shortly after, coming from within the structure. He recognized The Green Hand. Alor of the Mandalorian Knights, as he heard. He knew her name, but he had never met her in person, nor have they fought shoulder to shoulder against the enemies of the Union. He considered himself lucky to meet her though. He assumed she could positively have the answers he was looking for. Or so he hoped. He would see soon enough.

He gently lifted his Rangefinder and started to pick up the pace. He was about two hundred meters away from the gate. He crossed the distance a in little over ten minutes and reached the gates of the Sanctum of Duty. He was greeted by The Green Hand herself when he was within earshot distance from her and her guards.

su'cuy gar ner vod, what brings you to the sanctum of duty?

[“Su cuy'gar, ner Alor.”] He replied as he gave a slight nod of the head. [“Beautiful place you have here.”] He said while he lifted his head to look around. He looked back at the Green Hand shortly after. [“My name is Kranak. As to what brings me here, the powers of the Jetii and the Dar’jetii I’ve witnessed recently led me to seek answers to my inquiries concerning their abilities.”] He casually rested his hands on his holsters on the either side of his black Kama. [“Answers particularly in developing countermeasures against their powerful abilities.”]

He crossed his arms now, before he spoke again. [“I figured the Sanctum of Duty would be a good place to start.”] He was hoping this was the right place to start. To him, it wasn’t a bad idea. Though if he was unable to find what he was looking for here, he was not sure where he could go next. He very much doubted they’d accept visitors into the temple of the Jetiise. It was a sacred place for them as he knew. He would probably disrupt the peace there with his presence. Worst case scenario, he’d probably have to learn by trial and error, but he hoped it wouldn’t come to that.

Last edited:
its is, my clan takes pride in its home

She crossed her arms, raising her head slightly, tilting it as she listened and then got a smile and chuckled as she approached closer to eye him over see his worth before she nodded her head

probably the only place you'll easily get info regarding such matters, in fact it's why I've made the beskar brotherhood. To be able to combat fire with fire per say two can play that game

Nodding her head again she patted his shoulder and began to lead him forward

and lucky for you I've completed my library here at the sanctum and I'm adding new info every day, so you'll have plenty to pour over for days

To say stardust was excited was a understatement, she was eager to teach even if they weren't force sensitive or wanting to learn the force

Local Time: 13:45
Objective: Seek Out Answers

Its is, my clan takes pride in its home. She crossed her arms, raising her head slightly, tilting it as she listened and then got a smile and chuckled as she approached closer to eye him over see his worth before she nodded her head.
Probably the only place you'll easily get info regarding such matters, in fact it's why I've made the beskar brotherhood. To be able to combat fire with fire per say two can play that game

Nodding her head again she patted his shoulder and began to lead him forward

and lucky for you I've completed my library here at the sanctum and I'm adding new info every day, so you'll have plenty to pour over for days

<This will prove beneficial.> He thought to himself as a grin spread across his face under his helmet while he listened to The Green Hand. Kranak nodded to The Green Hand. She had a sense of excitement as she spoke. She sounded more than willing to share what she knew. He would be in luck indeed, if she had such a library here within the Sanctum of Duty. He would be sharing the recorded combat footage from his encounters with the Jetii and the Dar’jetii to show The Green Hand what he saw. He did not know the names of the abilities these Force Users had utilized. He’d have to show and describe what he saw to her.

He walked alongside The Green Hand as she gently patted his left shoulder and led him in forward, through the gates of the Sanctum of Duty. Her guards followed suit, a few meters behind them as they walked.

The massive complex was maybe 65 percent complete, what could be made out was a throw back to the castle of old, inside however hid the technology that kept the place running. Star flicked a hand to the guards to tell them to stay at their position as she was entirely confident in her own ability

I apologize for the mess, the sanctum isnt exactly fully complete but where its needed it is operational

The inside further in was like many jedi temples, wide hallways that rose up high, allowing passage of people without issue. Star took inspiration of that and learned from their past mistakes and had the place made with escape routes in case the main exits were blocked. Turning down a way they'd pass the quarters that the teachers, students, guards, and the brotherhood on general would stay, some would be personal rooms for the teachers while student were set four to a room, the brotherhood had barrack style which wasn't much a issue for the mandalorians. Stopping by a foor she pressed the console and let the door open to a decent sized library as many walked around getting info to read up on

it's no corusaunt jedi temple library, but the best in the mandalorian sector, here houses almost all the knowledge I've collected along with some donated bits from family and allies. As well I've included bits on how to fight like say the vong or even what to do if you find yourself without the force

This was her pride and joy, a large smile she couldn't help show as she took a deep breath and sighed before turning to him

for now however it's me teaching you how to combat force users and for you to show me the abilities you wish to know about

Local Time: 13:49
Objective: Seek Answers

The inside of the Sanctum of Duty contained a number of construction equipment lying around. They walked past several construction droids as they walked. The hallways within the interior rose high, with several rows of columns jutting towards the ceiling. Some appeared incomplete, seeing as there were scaffoldings covering several of the large columns, with construction droids working on them. The Sanctum of Duty was not yet complete. Right now, it wasn’t much to look at but Kranak was sure it would be something different entirely when the construction was finished.

The Green Hand signalled the guards following them with the flick of her hand. As Kranak looked over his left shoulder, he saw the guards stop following them and return to their posts. They turned to the left and passed by several quarters that were currently under construction. There were a number of building materials scattered to the sides of the hallway they walked through. Passing the quarters, they came up to a large double door. The doors opened to the sides as The Green Hand interacted with the door’s control panel, revealing the Sanctum’s library. Kranak saw several silhouettes clad in beskar’gam and robes dotted within the library. Some of them were searching for books on the shelves and some were studying at the tables they were seated at. The Sanctum of Duty construction was not yet finished, but the Library was and there were vode already studying. This really was probably the best place to start searching for the answers he seeked. He surely came to the right place. He turned his head to The Green Hand once she started to speak, listening to her.
“It’s no Coruscant Jedi Temple library, but the best in the Mandalorian sector, here houses almost all the knowledge I’ve collected along with some donated bits from family and allies. As well I’ve included bits on how to fight like say the vong or even what to do if you find yourself without the force.”

This was her pride and joy, a large smile she couldn’t help show as she took a deep breath and sighed before turning to him.

“For now however it’s me teaching you how to combat force users and for you to show me the abilities you wish to know about.”

He slowly nodded to The Green Hand, showing acknowledgement. He had several force abilities he would like to show that he witnessed during his work. He reached for his back right pouch by his War Belt and retrieved his custom datapad. During his down times he would upload his recorded combat footage to his datapad to review his actions when he had the chance. It was like a hobby of his. His main purpose behind this was to improve his combat abilities. He’d find and isolate his mistakes -if he had any- while reviewing his own combat footage and would try and improve on said errors in due time.

He entered his password for the datapad as he opened it for Star’s use and navigated through his folders and found the records in a short notice. He opened up the holovid from
Tatooine first. His would-be "patron" for a bounty was a Sith of some sort and ambushed him. The young Sith had revealed her name to be Alina before the fight had begun. His foe could move with tremendous speed. She had managed to cover the distance between them in the blink of an eye. His Scatter Gun was enough to do the job, but he assumed Alina to be an Apprentice of some sort. She probably hadn’t mastered her abilities yet, maybe. But if this was a common power among the force users, he would definitely be facing more experienced foes with the same ability. He assumed his Scatter Gun wouldn’t do the trick all the time. He would need newer methods of dealing with such an ability. That’s why he was here.

He handed the datapad as he opened the holovid for Star to watch. [“This is from Tatooine. A few months ago.”] He patiently waited for Star to finish watching the recorded footage before he spoke again. [“How widespread is this ability among force users, regardless of their alignment? Can all force users cover such distances in the blink of an eye like her? What methods can be utilized to counter this ability?”]

She took the data pad, looking it over, her face became troubled for a second before she rubbed her chin getting a thoughtful look on her face as she tilted her head back watching the fight and then closed her eyes

few months ago...hmmm...your lucky that you've got that scatter gun of yours and the armor of our people. You were lucky that it was merely a lower level sith

She handed it back to him, crossing her arms behind her back as she chuckled

the force grants a great deal to its users, one of the main things is enhanced sense and enhanced speed. We react faster to attacks and can channel the force into our bodies to increase our speed, it is a basic thing that any force user will have and the best way to combat it is well with what you did, but however flame based attacks and slug throwers are great as well

Last edited:
Local Time: 13:49
Objective: Seek Answers

The Green Hand took the datapad and started to review the footage he had obtained from that fight. He saw her become troubled for a moment, rubbing her chin with her free hand as he watched the footage. A few moments later, she closed her eyes as she tilted her head backwards after watching the footage.

few months ago...hmmm...your lucky that you've got that scatter gun of yours and the armor of our people. You were lucky that it was merely a lower level sith

He listened carefully as the Green Hand spoke. She handed the datapad back to him, accompanied with a chuckle.

the force grants a great deal to its users, one of the main things is enhanced sense and enhanced speed. We react faster to attacks and can channel the force into our bodies to increase our speed, it is a basic thing that any force user will have and the best way to combat it is well with what you did, but however flame based attacks and slug throwers are great as well

[“Understood.”] He said, accompanied with a nod of his head to her. So, he was doing the right thing using his Scattergun and the flamethrower mounted on his left vambrace. He started to think of new methods to counter their abilities. He wondered if setting up trip mines would work against them if placed properly, giving them no time to react until it was too late. Maybe he could also use detpacks equipped with radial detection kits. It sounded like a good idea.

The big guy had a different question in his mind now. In some encounters with the Jetii, he heard them speak to him in his own mind. One mentioned she could read their minds if she wanted to. Was there a way to counter this? Block them from reaching into your mind and read your thoughts, your next move? With that in mind, he asked his next question. [“I have encountered at least two Jetii that could speak to me in my mind not too long ago. One mentioned she had the capability to read one’s thoughts. How common is this ability among the Jetii and Dar’jetii? Is there a way to block them from one’s mind?”] he inquired, slightly tilting his head to the right as he did. It would be invaluable to learn a way to block them out of his mind if he could. If not, they would certainly have the upper hand in a fight against them, if they could read his next move and act accordingly in a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom