Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Search of a Relic

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain was sent on a mission to retrieve a missing sith artifact on the jungle planet Kashyyyk. Along with him was the First Apprentice of the Empress. Apparently she came along to "help him out", even though Cain didn't need help with a simple mission like this. The two of them were riding in a gunship. It started to enter into Kashyyk's atmosphere. Cain looked at the woman and said "hey, I never got your name." He imagined that she would be stuck up and that she would think of herself "high and mighty" due to her status. He hoped not, because if she was, then this would be a long mission.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Sanctuary had her eyes closed she didn’t enjoy flying at all. She remained quiet the entire ride meditating and keeping centered. They flew down and as the ship landed the woman stood and adjusted her robes. She was being sent here to monitor the apprentice on his mission. Sanctuary had heard what he had said, but she wasn’t comfortable saying anything until they had landed.

“I’m called Sanctuary yours is?”

Slowly she removed her cloak and folded it. She left it on the chair she was sitting on, her body covered in a tight tunic laced with a single leather cord. She wore tight black pants and the typical knee high boots, moving towards the opened hatch.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain was curious on why it took her so long to reply to what he said. It was an extremely simple question. "My name is Cain Laatl" he said with a bow. He adjusted his lightsaber. He walked out of the ship and into the sunlight. He immediately felt warmth spread across him as her heard the chirping of birds in the distance. The sky was empty. There was nothing around them except for trees. Very tall trees that went up as far as the eye could see. The smell of wood and dew filled his nose. This was a planet full of beauty. This was a planet he would like. Cain looked back at Sanctuary and said "so why the delay when I asked for your name?"

Nodding her head, Spencer adjusted her lightsaber and her tunic while he spoke. Smiling softly, she stretched her arms upward over her head. She always did hate flying, it was too cramped. Looking out at scenery of the planet, she sighed softly. The planet had so many memories and she draped her arms in front of her body. Looking over towards Cain she shrugged.

“My name was given to me by the Empress when I became her First Apprentice.”

She paused for a moment and then pulled out her data pad to send the Empress a message letting her know that they had arrived on the planet safely.

“You’re full of questions aren’t you?”

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain looked at Sanctuary. "I have always been a curious one." She didn't answer, how strange. He would have to bring it up at a later time. For now they were on a mission. He decided it was best to not ask any more questions for awhile. Something wasn't right about this girl. She seemed mysterious in a way. Cain started to walk towards the forest in front of him when he realized he didn't know where he was going. He turned back around to Sanctuary "do you know where we are going?" He felt completely useless now. If he was by himself, he would be completely lost. He always hated depending on people.

Spencer looked up from the data pad and nodded. She had been to Kashyyyk before with another person. Before she answered she looked towards the sky and sighed. There was a hope that the knight standing in front of her came a bit more prepared. Seeing that he wasn’t she put a few choice words into the data-pad and pulled up a holomap of the planet.

“Well there are a few ruins marked here a bit deeper into the woods.”

She pointed at the small area that was pinging a few feet from where they stood. The Dark Jedi hoped that they would be able to get in and off the planet quickly, Kashyyyk wasn’t a place you wanted to be at night. Turning off the map she placed the data-pad into her pack and prepared herself for the journey.

“ It’s good to be curious, but being curious about me isn’t the wisest thing to do.”

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
So she is hiding something. How interesting. He was planning to learn her secrets someday, but not today. "The ruins are a good place to start looking. We should get going". Cain started walking. He was careful where he stepped, to keep the noise he was making to a minimum. Didn't want to attract anything. What a stupid choice to put a sith relic on a planet full of Wookies, which totally love the sith. Maybe they put it here for that reason. To keep it from the sith. Cain stopped moving. Something wasn't right. He listened, but heard nothing. Absolute silence. It came to him that the fact that there was no noise was strange. Not even seconds ago, there was birds chirping. Cain looked at Sanctuary and whispered "be careful, I think something is about to happen, but i don't know what". Cain started walking again, but he kept his attention to his surroundings.

Sanctuary looked around as well; there was something odd about the birds not making any more noise anymore. Pressing her lips together she pondered it, something had to be up though if the relic had started to emit the dark energy. Shaking her head, she waved her hand towards him, telling him to continue onward. The faster they get into the ruins the faster she could collect the artifact.

“If anything it’s probably the relic, Sith Artifacts tend to do that in the area they’re residing. Most living things dislike the dark aura.”

She moved ahead of him and started to move quicker towards the rubble of the ruins in the distance. They were drawing closer she could just feel it.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Cain followed behind her. She seemed anxious to get this over with. He didn't want to argue. He continued walking through the forest until he spotted a small entrance to a dark cavern. It was surround by small bits of rumble. He spoke to Sanctuary when they stood near the entrance "it's pretty dark down there. Too bad we don't have any type of technology made of light that can light up a the tunnel". He chuckled. She didn't seem as bad as he originally thought she would be like. She wasn't like him. That much he could tell. Well this was definitely where the artifact was. He could feel something coming from inside the ruin. He could tell the ruin was ancient too, because of the smell of rotten wood. hopefully it didn't smell that bad through the entire place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom