Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In scintillam vitae

Commenor Royal Palace,
Main foyer
It seemed like just a few months ago Natalie had met with Kay's husband to discuss the possibility of her company providing the CSA with weapons, droids and the like. While that had been achieved, she had long since moved away from the profitable business of dealing in things that killed people and was now developing her company's interests in producing something a bit more electrified, that would be, electricity.

*DRAMATIC LIGHTNING SOUND*

Standing patiently, she waited [member="Lady Kay"] to greet her and possibly take her into somewhere more private. Right now, she was here to discuss her company becoming more prominent in the CSA and this was the best place to do it, right in its capital city in its capitol building with the person with the most capital in the entire alliance, the one and only, Queen. Though not nervous as such she was a little more fearful at the possibility of being arrested for the amount of direct slander she had spouted to Kay in the past, though she had put her faith in the woman many a time not to be placed under house arrest.

All she had with her was her dreams, a briefcase and a class of water, feeling rather parched at how long she had been waiting, though in saying that she was actually a few hours early. She didn't need sleep though, money provided all the things she could ever require.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
To say that Kay was not looking forward to this meeting was an understatement. She had yet to get along with [member="Natalie LaForte"] at all. At first all seemed well at the start, with the woman being on the Senate. Yet as meetings progressed, it was becoming clear that Natalie wanted her job and to take her out of power. Fortunately the issue was resolved once the Senate was abolished. Fortunately.

Since then, every other encounter had been filled with tension. More than likely that was all on Kay's part. She was always on edge around her, waiting for whatever jab or insult would come out of her mouth. Yet still, Kay had to remain polite and keep the doors open. It was a part of their policy.

~Olivia, you can let her in now.~

The commlink on Olivia's desk in the waiting room that led to Kay's office came to life. The old woman looked to Natalie and gestured to the adjacent door. "The Lady is ready to see you now. You may go in."

Natalie strolled head strong into Kay's office opening the door and smiling to the woman.

"Long time no see, on better terms I do hope."

As the door closed, she slowly walked closer to the woman before setting her briefcase down along with the glass of water. It didn't take long for her to take out several documents, most of which were planetary planning permission documents.

"I'll cut right to the chase, IMF, that is to say who I am currently representing, has recently had a breakthrough into producing energy on a large scale projects. Now, I know your specialty isn't exactly power plants but I know a woman as intelligent as yourself would know a good deal when she saw one. As such, I'm asking for one itzy-bitzy little favor..."

She paused, thinking into herself, favor wasn't the right word to be using.

"Let's not call it a favor... a deal? I'm asking for a bypass to signing out and filling every single one of these documents, which takes up precious administrative time, to construct power plants on all current systems in the Commenor Systems Alliance. In exchange, any energy produced by said power plants will be provided to the public in close proximity a reduced rate of 20%. I don't know if this is within your power, but I do know you have a way with words."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as [member="Natalie LaForte"] came in quite determined. Though her walk was slow, so it made her wonder if the woman was nervous at all. It wasn't often that the two were alone together. "Yes, long time no see...."

She was about to do the customary thing of asking her how she was doing, when Natalie just spoke right up about cutting to the chase. Kay tilted her head to the side a bit as she made her request. "Energy plants? Some worlds have their own means of getting their energy through water. Or some through biological means. So tell me more abput what IMF have developed."

She gave no answer to the handwaiving of permits. More than likely that answer would be no. She didn't let [member="Mythos"] get away with not doing any paperwork after the Kwenn Station incident. So she wouldn't let a company get away with it either. Permits and other paperwork were there for a reason.

"Well, we've already established plants on several other alliance systems, the most recent being Deneba. Perhaps asking you to waver permits was a bit much, moreso I'm requesting what has already been done which is take unused government facilities, abandoned in other words, we'll pay for renovation and installation of equipment and then offer whatever is produced in site to the government or citizens of said planet it at a reduced rate, that exact rate dependent on the facilities provided."

She paused, opening the briefcase and looking at some of her notes, laying others on the table.

"Of course I know not every planet has such facilities, which is why we're going to be contracting construction companies to make them for us. As for the type of power we use, our company specializes in nuclear power, though we make sure to dispose of any waste products in wastage tanks which are then transported off world and shipped to Mygeeto to our dedicated disposal plant."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay had hoped that [member="Natalie LaForte"] was doing her research and not just constructing an energy plant and forcing others to use them when they had other means already established to create energy. Of course if the leaders of the worlds had already agreed to it, it wasn't her place to stop them.

"They'd have to be inspected of course. There doesn't need to be any accidents or corners cut for the sake of a profit. The paperwork will still need to be done, yet...I could have it delayed for those plants already in the works. Not a long delay, mind you, but enough to not halt the production that's already happening." Hopefully that was enough of a compromise. Kay wouldn't expect anything less if were even her own company wanting to set up shop somewhere.

But Natalie and Kay weren't very much alike. Not at all.

"Well, that will do just fine for now."

If Natalie was being honest, she wasn't and hasn't been doing her research, she had paid other people to do that for her. She'd failed anything even remotely close to energy in highschool, not that she passed much at all. Most of what was being built was being done by droids, specialized in the field and the actual facilities were just her sketches done in her spare time, nowhere near as detailed as the personal portraits she drew of herself everyday.

Though she assumed those tiny details would be best kept from [member="Lady Kay"]'s ears. She wasn't as arrogant, unintelligent or narcissistic as Natalie was.

"I'm assuming that'll be all, and as such good day to yourself."

Natalie stood up, bowed and went to exit the room, unless Kay wanted to speak to her further.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded. Glad that [member="Natalie LaForte"] wasn't starting some kind of rebuttal or counter offer. It was strange to see her so...compliant. And not an insult thrown her way at all. That was a shocker to say the very least. In fact it was strange. Maybe she was buttering her up or testimg the waters for more.

"No, no. That'll be it for now. Thank you. If anything comes up, I'll let you know." Hopefully there wouldn't be. Hopefully this compromise wouldn't bite her in the butt later on. Only time will tell. Kay wasn't exactly the type that could see into the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom