Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In Pursuit of Ghosts.

Hyperspace
En Route to Peace
Aboard The Hedge Knight

YP5QQ1m.gif

The endless stars began to stretch into innumerable beams of intense light as the hyperdrive of The Hedge Knight hummed to life and launched the old freighter through hyperspace. Sev leaned back in the captain's chair, an unfamiliar seat to him as it had always been occupied by his Master, and let out a heavy sigh. This was unbelievable. All of it. He looked down at the two lightsabers hanging from his belt. One was made of dark and twisted metal, pulsing with The Dark Side. The other, a familiar design, that of his beloved Master, similar in design to Sev's own that he had just lost to the depths of Nar Shaddaa. The dormant weapon radiated an aura of peace and ease. Sev ran his fingers over the intricate weapon, feeling the presence of his Master as he held the device.

There is no death, only The Force. The familiar voice echoed in his mind. Not in memory, but as if Master Lucius was speaking to him now, through the veil that divides the worlds of the living and the dead. The line put Sev at peace, as he hung the blade from his belt again.

The enormity of recent events weighed heavily on Sev. The sudden death of his Master, his first, lethal encounter with a Sith Lord, the discovery of this precious holocron, what did it all mean? What did The Force have planned for him? As always, The Will of The Force remained a mystery to mere mortals, a question only to be answered by the unforgiving passage of time itself.
All Sev knew, was that now, he was obligated to fulfill his Masters dying wish and bring this ancient holocron to The Jedi Order. Before his death, Sev's Master had told him of an old friend, Wyatt Morga, a wise and noble Jedi Master, who had called out through The Force to all the Galaxy's wayward Jedi, calling them to his newfound space station Peace. Sev had received the vision too, and him and his Master had planned to deliver the holocron there together. Now, destiny had shifted, changing that plan into a solo venture for Sev. His stomach churned with anxiety as The Hedge Knight whistled through Hyperspace. His Master had always spoken very highly of Wyatt, but who was this man? This Master of a New Jedi Order? Sev calmed his mind, hoping that the holocron would serve as a good first impression for this Jedi and that he would be able to help Sev find some new purpose in The Galaxy without his beloved mentor.

Sev then pulled the holocron itself from one oh his belt pouches. A small, but stunningly intricate object, like a crystal made of mirrors and metal, it hummed with The Force. Sev was entranced by the incredible beauty and innate power of the object, though he did not want to activate it. No, he was likely not worthy of whatever message it bore and he didn't want to risk it holding the soul of some Ancient Sith immortal, eager to possess a living form again. Sev simply hoped the gift of the holocron would be enough to earn the trust of Master Morga and his Jedi Order and hopefully a place for Sev within it.

What did that Sith want with this thing? Sev wondered to himself. The mysterious Sith Lord he had just slain had proven a powerful and lethal adversary, defeating Master Arpad and nearly killing Sev. Were it not for Sev channeling his anger and using his special... ability, he would likely be dead alongside his teacher. Hopefully, Master Morga would know more and the holocron's secrets would justify its heavy price. The grief of his loss and the enormity of recent events weighed heavy on Sev, these next moments felt pivotal, like he was at a crossroads and his life would never be the same.

With that,
The Hedge Knight snapped out of hyperspace, revealing the majestic space station Peace, glowing like a celestial gemstone in the darkness of space. Sev was in awe of the incredible sight. What kind of space station is this? Sev wondered to himself as he tried to put some origin to the strange architecture of the object. It was clearly ancient and mythical, whatever it was. Sev brought the Hedge Knight in for landing, transmitting the vessels' ID codes and reaching out through the Force, broadcasting a psychic message asking for guidance to those onboard powerful enough to hear it.

Sev was sure to bring with him the holocron, of course, the lightsaber of his beloved master, hanging at his right side as a temporary replacement for his lost weapon and the unholy saber of The Sith. Sev hoped that Wyatt might be familiar with the design of the dark weapon, perhaps even the identity of it's now incapacitated, owner. Sev brushed off his garb, a simple dark blue spacers jacket as best he could, trying to make himself somewhat presentable, though the sweat and grime of a struggle for life and death were still quite visible on him. Patches of his clothing were burned by force lightning and Sev's face bruised and exhausted. He had wasted no time in coming here, delaying only to wrap his Masters's lifeless body in a shroud. Sev would be sure to give him a proper funeral after this meeting. Perhaps he could have a resting place here, in the new home of The Jedi. Sev pushed such thoughts from his mind as he focused on the task in front of him. This was far more important, and a man as in tune with The Force as Master Arpad would care little for the fate of his mortal vessel now that he was one with The Force.

As the ship landed, Sev took a few deep breaths. This is it. He thought. The ramp of his heavily modified YT-2000 opened and he strolled out into the ancient hangar of the Peace, observing his surroundings with great interest. He had scarcely stepped off the ship when he felt an incredibly powerful presence approaching...

YP5QQ1m.gif

Last edited:
A Light Shining in Darkness
The ship was familiar - as modified as it was; and Wyatt could recognize it from anywhere. Ancient as the design was, it was The Hedge Knight; property of Lucius Arpad. Wyatt remembered more than a few times catching a ride on the vessel - even winning it in a game with Sabaac with the late Jedi. The memories brought a smile to Wyatt’s lips as he entered the hanger -​
And yet, it faded just as quickly. The man that stepped off the ship was not Master Arpad, perhaps as Wyatt hoped, but a man the jedi had never met. On his hip, however, he could sense that familiar sensation; a man he once knew last presence in this world, even if Wyatt didn’t fully know it yet.​
Where is Master Arpad?”, Wyatt said without a hint of manners, a wave of dreadful concern on his face. Despite all the Zen he practiced, he could feel that dark knot of fear in his chest.​

Sev was greeted by a man who radiated a harmonious energy. His intuition told him this must be Master Morga. Sev looked him up and down. He was handsome, but oddly unassuming with the exception of his powerful physique and radiant presence.

Where is Master Arpad?” The words hit Sev like a sledgehammer.

Sev paused, considering his words and desperately trying to moderate his emotions.

"My Master is... he's... gone. My name is Sev Pitborn. I was Padawan to Master Arpad."

Sev paused to collect his scattered thoughts.

"We were on a mission to Nar Shaddaa to acquire a rare holocron. We were... ambushed. A Sith. He managed to incapacitate me and slay my Master... I regained myself and managed to defeat him." Sev was proud of himself for not melting down with the recollection of events. Sev unhooked the Sith saber from his belt, holding it out to the Jedi.

"I took this from him." Sev could feel the hatred emanating from the weapon. It was as if the blade itself hungered for souls, even that of it's owner not sating its appetite. Sev knew a piece of that hatred was his own.

"I also managed to secure the holocron. I've yet to activate it, but the Sith seemed very intent on taking it. I assume it must be important." Sev finally stopped talking, his hand still extended, holding the unholy saber. With his other he produced the holocron, holding it up as well, as if to validate his words. In his anxiety, he had blurted out the whole story before the other man had even introduced himself, but it felt good to have finally included another soul in these tragic events.

"My Master told me to bring it to The Jedi Order with his last breath... I didn't know what else to do." With that, Sev fell silent, solemnly await a response from the paladin before him.

Wyatt took the saber, gripping it tight as his eyes closed. In a flash, he felt it - the emotions, the memory of Arpad being slain; the stab to the chest that sent his age old friend to the ground. There was no ‘image’ about it, Wyatt could feel that anger - feel the emotions, for every purpose he was there in that moment, and it threatened to take his breath.​
Yet, he didn’t drop the lightsaber. He could feel his eyes water, but there was peace in even this; as Arpad lived on in a man before him. Wyatt smiled, sad as it was, and nodded as he took the holocron;​
You made the right choice, Sev.”, Wyatt offered, though quiet as it was.​
My name is Wyatt Morga. Jedi Master and… friend of your master.”, he acknowledged.​
With a turn, Wyatt motioned for Sev to follow the elevator nearby; that would take them to the artificial surface of the planetary station. It held immaculate art, though aged as it was, and while Sev may not have recognized it - he could recognize its beauty. Aliens gilded in electrum, and Jedi symbols carved into durasteel.​
If Master Arpad thought this holocron was worth something - then we will have to see what it contains. I'll call a few of the Jedi Scholars on the station to help.”, he nodded, exhaling through his nose.​
There would have to be time set aside to meditate on the death of Arpad, to come to true terms with it. Wyatt could contain his emotions for now, but the fact was - he wasn’t so easily to pass someone’s sacrifice aside. The Jedi Code repeated in his head at moments like these;​
There is no Death; Only The Force.”, he offered out loud, and a reassuring smile to Sev, knowing they were thinking the same thing.​

Sev listened as the man spoke. Sev's intution was correct, this man was indeed Master Morga. Sev followed the man into an elevator, leading them to the surface of the station. Sev was entranced by it's incredible architecture; massive alien figures and arcane symbols of the Old Jedi abounded.

There is no Death; Only The Force.” The words echoed heavily in Sev's mind. The same phrase uttered by his master as he slipped into immortal dreams. Sev let a light smile break the corners of his mouth. Not one of joy, but one of loving remembrance. The fact that this great Master Morga had echoed the dying words of his mentor gave him some peace, knowing the truth in the phrase.

"I certainly hope it contains something worthy of his sacrifice..." Sev said solemnly. Sev looked at the Sith lightsaber that Wyatt still held, glad he was relieved of its burden. The darkness in the object was palpable and it's sinister influence was unwelcome in this sensitive time. Sev could tell it had little effect on Wyatt, a man so secure in his faith. It pained Sev to carry it. He hoped one day he would be stronger.

"I... managed to recover Master Arpad's body. I hope to give him a proper burial as soon as I can. Maybe if this place has a mausoleum? I think resting among the Jedi would give him great peace..." Sev hoped this was something that the station could accommodate. It would make sense for a place so ancient and holy to have a memorial for the fallen, but if they didn't, Sev would figure something out on his own. A final gesture of gratitude. Sev knew his Master wouldn't want some grand ceremony, but a resting place so strong in the force would be worthy of him.

"Master I must ask, do we know who built this place? I've never seen anything like it. It's... incredible." Sev asked as he continued to marvel at the enormity of the structure. Master Arpad had taught Sev a lot about the ancient Jedi, but this was unlike anything from those lessons.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

The station does have such a place…”, Wyatt nodded, reassuring the Padawan of his hopes.​
It was true - there was a mausoleum deeper near the Nexus of Jedi sworn to protect the Order, and the station even in death. Force Ghosts were the theory, but beyond the sensation many remained - none had truly witnessed them. Wyatt, however, enjoyed meditating there;​
He could feel those Jedi’s warm smiles. It would be a perfect place for a man like Arpad.​
When you’re settled, we can do just that. A few of the keepers will arrange everything, Sev.”, Wyatt offered before resting a heavy, reassuring hand on his shoulder.​
You don’t have to worry about anything. Just find your center, a rock amongst this storm. Its all any of us can do at times like these.”​
With a motion, the doors opened, and Wyatt motioned for Sev to follow as they entered a room with a few more Jedi; more than any day before. Some read, some helped their children learn the basics of lightsabers with sticks, others simply drank tea and enjoyed the peace of the area; with a garden in the center of the large hallway offering the briefest glimpse of greenery amidst it all.​
It was built by the Zeffo; but there isn’t much known beyond that, unfortunately.”, Wyatt mused as they moved through the building.​
Renovated a few thousand years ago by the Jedi. I understand more reasons for the Zeffo’s creation of the station are probably towards the center, those places are heavily guarded by Zeffo Guardians. I wouldn’t head down there for answers with some support.”​

Sev was relieved that he would be able to put his Master to rest soon. For him to lay in such a sacred place gave Sev a strong morale boost.

"Thank you, Master. I'm glad he can rest among the Jedi. It brings me great peace." It really did mean the world to Sev. All of this wouldn't really feel resolved until his Master had the funeral he deserved.

"I think the sooner I can find something to put my mind to the better. Now that I'm here, I want to make a difference." Sev was eager to contribute to this New Jedi Order. He knew that would make his master proud, and it would also put his mind at ease. Sev was always happier when he was busy and productive, especially when he was helping people. It helped to keep his dark thoughts at bay.

"Master Arpad spoke of the Zeffo on a few occasions. An ancient race of Force Users if I remember correctly? I would love to learn more. If you need someone to accompany you to the center of the station, eventually, I would be honored." Sev was many things, but a coward certainly was not one of them. He was excited by the prospect of exploring ancient ruins and doing battle with alien automatons. Such expeditions and adventures made him feel alive, and that was sorely needed in this time. Sev was always eager to learn more about the Force and it's history, as if he was making up for his childhood in the pits, where learning was a foreign idea.

"I have one last... important question for you Master..." Sev paused, considering his words. Unable to come up with a more eloquent or subtle way to phrase it, Sev decided to simply ask.

"What is my future here? Master Arpad and I had been preparing for my trials, but now, that's all for naught. Truth be told Master; I feel... lost." Sev hoped this wise Jedi would be able to use him for good, or give him some advice on what to do next. Sev was desperate for purpose, something stable to latch onto in this emotional tempest, a mission to steady his mind and a purpose in service of the Force.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Its… Normal, to feel lost.”, Wyatt offered with a sigh.​
They turned into a far smaller hallway, lined with rooms of various Jedi who had taken up inhabitants in the station. Inside there were families, Masters, Knights, even Padawans who had become refugees from the Sith’s Expansion; saved by the Jedi Orders reformation. It was all Wyatt had to live for, at least for now; to inspire the next generation.​
Your future will be to help the Jedi, establish themselves. To train the next generation, and to help fight back the tide of the Dark Side.”, Wyatt smiled.​
There are a thousand others I want you to meet, but that can wait… For now, I want to show you to your room.”, he offered as he pressed his hand to a panel on the side of the wall.​
Inside, a room was laid out - freshly cleaned, and rather bare; just enough for him to fill it with what he thought to be important. Wyatt took a step in and glanced about, between the bed - the desk, the closet, and the window that led to a personal hanger; all for Sev. It did him a bit of pride to know he helped set this up for them…​
There are padawans training about - If you’d like, I could help you speak to them while I get the masters in order. It might be best to relax for a bit - before we… Bury Arpad.”​

Sev looked at the plain room. To him, it was like a penthouse suite. The best living conditions he had ever had were his bunk on the Hedge Knight. To have his own room, his own space, complete even with a personal hangar was the epitome of luxury for Sev.

"Thank you Master. For everything. I'm eager to help our New Order however I can. I can't wait to meet my fellow Jedi." Sev could scarcely muster anything else. He was truly humbled by these circumstances. Just moments ago, he was lost and without hope. Without a home, without a purpose. The last line of advice his beloved teacher had given him had led him here, to a new home among friends. A final gift from his slain mentor. The calm wisdom of Master Morga had done much to ease his aching soul. Now, Sev just wanted to get to work. Only one last loose end remained to be tied.

"Master Arpad is... he's in the medical bay of The Hedge Knight. I left the security systems disengaged. They can... retrieve him whenever they are ready..." Sev paused, pondering his circumstances.

"Master. if you don't mind, I'd would like to meditate for a time. I need to calm my mind. It won't take me long... I just need to rest now; and get out of these rags." Sev motioned to his damaged outfit, frayed and burned from his fateful duel. A shower and some much needed rest was certainly in order. He wanted to look like himself at his Master's funeral ceremony. Needed to feel like himself.

"Master... Thanks again. Your hospitality and guidance are like gold to me." Sev gave a genuine, yet closed, half smile to the Jedi Master, the best he could muster in these circumstances.

"Just give me a few moments to collect my thoughts and get myself cleaned up and I will come seek you out. Then we can give my Master the honorable rest he deserves and plan our next move." As he spoke, Sev glanced down to the intricate lightsaber at his hilt, inlaid with platinum and electrum, glowing with the benevolent energy of his late Master.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Last edited:
Of course, Sev…”, Wyatt offered.​
I’ll await you, whenever you’re ready.”​
With that, Wyatt moved to exit - and the door slid behind him. He wouldn’t mind meditation now himself, to calm that rolling thunder in his heart; for another Jedi lost to the Sith was one too many, and it happened every day, every hour, and every minute. With a furrowed brow, he left the hallway Sev’s room was located in, and found a nearby caretaker -​
Please, go to The Hedge Knight and collect Master Arpad.”, he asked.​
And… prepare him for final rites. I want him in a fresh pair of Master robes.”​
The droid beeped back, and scooted down the way to the elevator as Wyatt moved to find his own center. For the moment, it was all he could ask for.​

As the door slid shut behind Wyatt, Sev let out a muted sigh. Alone, again, he paused for a moment. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes and snapped back to reality. He looked around the chamber and walked towards the bathroom. Sev stripped off his charred garments, revealing his chiseled, yet scarred physique. He turned on the shower to the hottest temperature he could stand and stepped inside as the room filled with steam. He stood and let the hot liquid cascade down his athletic frame, leaning against the wall with his head hung low. The grime of battle rolled off him, gathering in an oily, brackish swirl around the drain. He inhaled the steaming air deeply, clearing his lungs and his mind. He stood up strait and looked directly up at the shower head, slicking his short hair back as the water blasted the blood, dirt, grime and tears off his face. He spent a few more minutes washing and enjoying the hot water before stepping out and looking at himself in the mirror. He was clean, of sins and guilt. Reborn. He stared into his own eyes and at his scarred body, contemplating his future and past all at one. Again, he found himself drifting, and a sound of voices moving down the hallway outside his dormitory snapped him back to reality.

Sev exited the washroom and returned to the dorm. He found a set of simple robes, neatly folded among a few others stashed in the small closet. He put them on, reveling in the refreshing feeling of clean clothes and the pleasant, lavender scent of the outfit. The robes were simple, of the traditional Jedi design and while not tailored by any means, they fit him well enough. The material was light, soft and comfortable. Returning to the mirror, Sev checked his appearance, fixing his hair and adjusting his garments.

He returned to the room and retrieved his belt, fastening it over his fresh robes. He glanced at the lightsaber on his bedside table. His master was ever present in the visage of the object. He picked it up and ignited it. The blade shot forth with a distinct hiss, revealing the shimmering emerald saber of his master. He stared into the sage colored light and waved the blade around slowly in front of him. As it hummed through the air his mind shot back to his first sparring session with his master after building his original saber. As their blades clashed Sev remembered struggling with the unfamiliar sensation of a weightless blade, different from the vibrosword of his youth. His master implored him to use the Force, and as Sev gathered his focus, the blade began to feel natural, as if an extension of his own form. He remembered catching his master with a clever parry and riposte, nearly singeing him with the powered down saber. His master had laughed and complimented him. "I forgot I was dueling an arena champion!" his master had exclaimed with a laugh and a proud smile, as their blades continued to clash and dance in the cool mountain air.

The memory brought a tear into Sev's eye, the sensation of moisture on his cheeks bringing him back to the present. He regained his focus, deactivating the blade with a hum and hooking it on his belt. He returned to the sink and splashed some cool water on his face, removing the evidence of his weeping. He took inventory of his possessions, ensuring he was prepared and presentable, then exited the room.

The familiar hallway of the dormitory was busting with activity, as Jedi and refugees of all species, shapes and sizes milled about their business. A couple of small children sprinted past him laughing, almost colliding with him, clearly caught up in some joyous game. At the end of the hallway a couple of young Padawans stood talking, leaned against the wall and moving their hands as they exchanged boasts and tall tales.
Sev approached and waited for a pause in the conversation before intruding.

"Sorry to interrupt, but would either of you know where I can find Master Wyatt Morga?" The Padawnas looked up, signs of mild annoyance showing on their faces as their bragging session was interrupted. The recklessness of youth was clear in these students, not uncommon among Padawans, but they radiated a warm energy all the same. One of the Padawans claimed he had seen Wyatt pass by not long ago, likely right after he had left Sev in his room, headed towards his chambers. The Padawan gave Sev directions before returning to his conversation. Sev thanked them both and continued into the great hall of the station.

Sev followed the directions of the Padawans until his Force senses picked up Morgas familiar presence. Sev followed his intuition to a locked door which he assumed to be Wyatt's personal chambers or some kind of meditation studio. Sev knocked on the door, hoping he hadn't disturbed the Master. As he waited for an answer, Sev closed his eyes and prepared himself emotionally to lay his Master to rest, wondering if he would be able to live up to him.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Unfortunately for Wyatt, he didn’t have the time or good grace to settle into a meditation chamber. A few had been renovated in the last few weeks, but he only had visited them twice - once after they were completed, and once after Kintan. The room Sev had found was his own room; and as the knock came, Wyatt sighed softly as he set down the holopad he was typing on. The logistics of a new Order were rough on the Jedi Master - for despite his youthful appearance, he was well into his 160’s, and that alone left him flustered at the workload.​
The Force had told Wyatt of Sev’s approach, told him of the future moments - But Wyatt wouldn’t speak of them. The Future wasn’t privy to mortal’s impressions, and despite what Wyatt saw; it could easily change. It had so many times before, even if the next few were just a funeral - it didn’t do well to expect that future.​
Sliding open with a depressurizing hiss, Wyatt offered Sev a warm, welcoming smile;​
Feeling refreshed?”, he asked as he glanced down to the robes. Most Jedi didn’t wear such things anymore, many on the station still in their spacer attire - but it suited Sev, and for the moment, it would be perfect for a formal event such as this.​
Come, the Master’s should be gathered for the funeral.”​
With that, Wyatt headed off, taking the lead to guide Sev to the location; adorned in his own clean robes, a formality for the formal.​

Jedi Mausoleum
Aboard Peace
Post Theme

YP5QQ1m.gif

Sev followed Master Morga through the labyrinth of hallways that made up this mysterious space station. The men walked in silence, the air heavy with tension and grief. As they neared the mausoleum which was the be Arpad's final home, the designs and monuments surrounding them grew more and more intricate. As they entered the great hall of the mausoleum itself, they were flanked on both sides by statues of massive Zeffo, standing with heads bowed in mourning, cast in a shimmering metal of unknown make, still holding a stunning sheen after thousands of years. The Mausoleum was majestic, a resting place befitting of any Jedi Master.

As they walked down the main hallway, the space opened into breathtaking great hall, the mausoleum itself taking up a massive wall, seeming to wrap around itself indefinitely. Each tomb covered with intricate, sacred markings. They began with those of the ancient Zeffo, and slowly transformed into those of the Jedi proper, telling the tales of countless martyrs who had fallen in service of The Light Side and the greater good. At the base of this stunning monument, Master Arpad's corpse lay on a platform, on a bed of flowers, draped in ceremonial Master's robes. His body looked peaceful and comfortable on it's floral cushion, the expression on Arpad's face seemed to be that of someone in the midst of a deep and restful sleep, only his pale and lifeless complexion giving away the truth.

Gathered in a semi circle around the deceased master was a large congregation of Jedi Masters, all wearing their ceremonial robes. How many had actually known Arpad in life, Sev didn't know. None of the faces looked familiar, yet Arpad, like Morga, had lived an unnaturally long life and touched the souls of countless Jedi. Regardless, Sev was humbled and grateful for their presence, appearing to honor a fallen hero. The whole room hummed with light side energy, as the hooded masters bowed their heads in mourning.

The room was deathly silent. At the end of the vast procession of tombs, one lay open, it's black maw a blemish on the breath taking monument. Without doubt, this cairn would hold Arpad. A final home for a well traveled sage.

Sev and Wyatt took their place among the mourners, looking over the body. Sev looked around for a moment, waiting for someone to begin a speech or some other ritual. The hooded Masters simply continued to meditate, heads bowed in silence. Sev pause for a moment, then stepped out of the crowd, approaching his fallen Master. None of The Jedi reacted visibly, they simply continued their silent meditation, filling the mausoleum with a light energy so intense you could feel it physically. Despite his anguish, Sev felt calm, at peace, almost euphoric in this ocean of benevolent vibrations.

Sev walked up and rested his hand on that of his master. It was cold, like ice. Sev closed his eyes for a moment, communing with his Master's corporeal form for one last time. He then opened them and looked around, the Masters still entranced in their silent choir of meditation. Sev had never been to a Jedi funeral before, and he didn't know the conduct. He had buried many slaves in his childhood though, and those closest to the deceased had always said a few short words in mourning. Sev felt a strong compulsion to do the same, if only for his own benefit.

Above the table there was a few steps leading to a raised pulpit that seemed to be made for just that purpose. Taking the hint, Sev walked up the stairs and approached the platform. Each step was slow and deliberate, his face expressionless. He looked out over the gathered masters, hooded heads still bowed. Sev tried to pick out Wyatt, the only familiar face, but he blended into the crowd of hooded figures. Sev closed his eyes, took a deep breath; and began to speak.

"Great Masters..." Sev began. "I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being here, to help see my Master, Lucius Arpad, laid to rest." The formality had been the first thing to come to mind. In all his time since the duel, Sev had been treading water in a sea of chaos and uncertainty. He hadn't put any thought into a eulogy worthy of his late master, nor was he a public speaker, but he felt compelled to do his mentor justice with something, if only to give himself some closure.

"I know most of you don't know me. My name is Sev... Sev Pitborn. I was born a slave on a backwater moon, forced to work in the mines, and then later... forced to kill in the arena. I had long since resigned myself to a lifetime of servitude and brutality, when one faithful day, I was saved."

Sev paused and swallowed. He was so nervous he could faint, but his exterior remained stoic and focused. The masters before him stood silently and respectfully, heads still bowed.

"I don't know why, but one day Master Arpad arrived on my little home world, and for some reason was compelled to save me from my fate, at great risk to his own life. He never told me what brought him to that tiny, savage moon, simply that the Force had called him there. He took me from that place and showed me the Galaxy. He showed me The Force, he showed me love and friendship... he showed me everything. I know nothing I do can ever repay that debt, and in his time of greatest need, I failed him."

That last line hurt Sev physically. He wondered for a split second if it had slipped out, if it was inappropriate. Too late now, he thought. The Master's stoic mourning had not been broken, and Sev didn't sense an ounce of judgement from the mourners. Their light energy still filled the room, unwavering.

"I... I speak to my Master now when I say... Thank you. I'm sorry I wasn't stronger, more disciplined. But before you Master, and before all of you gathered here, I swear this vow. I will honor the legacy of Master Arpad. I will work tirelessly to heal our Order and to protect the defenseless in The Galaxy; As he did, and as he trained me to do. I will not fail him again, and I swear noble masters, I will not fail you."

With that, Sev looked up at the crowd once more, still silent in their meditation.

"Thank you, again. All of you." With that, Sev stepped off the podium and approached his master's body once more. He leaned in close and whispered, as if the dead Jedi could still hear him,.

"Good bye, old friend."

With that, Sev stood back up and quickly walked back into the crowd. He rejoined them, finding Wyatt and taking a place at his side. With that, the body of his Master began to rise, carried by the force along with his bed of blossoms, and floated slowly, majestically, into the empty tomb. He slowly disappeared into the darkness, carried by the combined energy of the gathered masters. Once the body had disappeared in the black, a massive plate of bronzium, decorated with sacred carvings, levitated over the opening, and sealed itself to the hole, joining the massive mosaic that was the mausoleum itself. After a moment of silence, the Master's began to filter out of the chamber, many stopping to place their hands on Sev's shoulder or offer him kind words, until only Sev and Wyatt remained in the holy catacomb.

"Well..." Sev muttered quietly to Wyatt.

"Thank you for this Master. For everything... I hope I can do my mentor proud and serve our Order, as he did." Unsure of what else to say, Sev awaited a response from Master Morga.

YP5QQ1m.gif

Last edited:
You’ve done more than enough, Sev.”, Wyatt smiled to him.​
Don’t ever think you’ve failed the Order, or your master. Remember what he taught you - There is no death, only the Force.”, Wyatt reinforced.​
The other masters hadn’t spoken up, and likely because some believed as he did - but Wyatt didn’t see death as failure, he saw it as a sacrifice. It was the most important part about being a Jedi - Sacrifice of life, of self, of ones own goals in favour of the majority. It was to choose the many over the few - the polar opposite of the Sith, even if they sacrificed much in the same way. He sighed and motioned him over to the bronzium slab that had encapsulated his Master.​
Internalize that lesson, Sev. Death is never the end.”, he reminded.​
Kneel, Padawan Sev.”, he offered after a moment, pulling his lightsaber from his belt.​
As Sev did, Wyatt offered a more solemn tone;​
“We are all Jedi. The Force speaks through us. Through our actions, the Force proclaims itself and what is real. Today we are here to acknowledge what the Force has proclaimed.”​
His lighstaber hovered above his shoulders concurrently, but as Sev didn’t have the iconic braid the order one required, Wyatt settled with the symbolism of a flourish.​
By the right of the Council, by the will of the Force, I dub thee Jedi, Knight of the Order.”​
Rise, Sev.”, he offered at last, pulling him tight into a hug as he rested the lightsaber back on his hilt.​
Temper those emotions, Jedi. Find your peace - and continue your Master’s lessons.”, he smiled - before letting go and walking out with the others. He imagined Sev would want a few moments to meet with his Master - whether Arpad still listened or not.​

Kneel, Padawan Sev.” The words took Sev by surprise, knowing there could only be one real reason for this...

Sev dropped to one knee and bowed his head. He heard the distinct hiss of a lightsaber as Wyatt drew his blade.

We are all Jedi. The Force speaks through us. Through our actions, the Force proclaims itself and what is real. Today we are here to acknowledge what the Force has proclaimed.

His lighstaber hovered above his shoulders concurrently, but as Sev didn’t have the iconic braid the order one required, Wyatt settled with the symbolism of a flourish.

By the right of the Council, by the will of the Force, I dub thee Jedi, Knight of the Order.

“Rise, Sev.”, he offered at last, pulling him tight into a hug as he rested the lightsaber back on his hilt.

Sev rose to his feet, in shock from the momentous moment that had just passed, in awe of his new reality. He could scarcely muster the presence of mind to bow to Wyatt, and thank him for this opportunity. Wyatt offered him one last line of advice before leaving the great mausoleum.

Sev was left alone in this holy place. Just himself and the honored souls of a thousand martyrs, including his beloved teacher. Sev stood in silence, the weight of his new rank heavy on his shoulders. He had trained for this moment for well over a decade, yet he had always expected his own Master to be the one to Knight him. Alas, The Force had a different plan. Sev looked down to his masters saber upon his hip, contemplating his training. His journey up to this point had been long and hard.

Sev walked up to the platform that had just held the body of his master, and the shells of countless others before him. He touched his hand to the stone, feeling the incredible energy within it, the echoes of a thousand fallen heroes, saints of the Jedi Order. He closed his eyes and absorbed the energy, before walking to the raised platform from which he had spoken his masters eulogy. He knelt down on his knees, resting his hands on his thighs; his preferred meditation posture. He bowed his head and began to empty his mind, as he had countless times before, simply allowing himself to become a part of the sacred Force around him, melting into the heartbeat of the universe. His memories flashed before him, as real as the day they happened, as his decade long journey with Arpad ended, and his new life as a Jedi Knight began. He remained there for hours, communing with the Force and the souls of the fallen martyrs, absorbing their wisdom and their lessons.

He left that great hall a Knight.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom