Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In my Family's Name

Runi nodded and made sure those that had accompanied her set to the task with haste.

"They will be delivered to those that need them. The Enclave will punish any pirates or gangs that attempt to interfere."
Those that weren't aware that Mandalorian punishment was severe would quickly learn it; though not all of them would survive the free education.

"If there are any products that we produce that would be of aide to you, you can always call upon us in return." True many products would be related to war, which Maeve would not like so much, but not everything. Even Mandalorians were diverse in interest, focus, and even hobby. The reputation as warriors was well earned, but like most peoples or cultures only part of their overall, true identity.

Tag: Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

"I would like to keep in touch with you , if that is ok" She was slightly hesitant because she wasn't sure how others would react one shaman Mandalorian was not a clan, nor was it all of the clans together.

"Perhaps I can show you some of things we have to support the warriors in the field during battle. We have mobile hospitals that set up quickly, I can train others on how to do it, or....maybe I can ask my mother to come. She's always good about training others, we develop teams of first responders and well....I just want to help.

She didn't want to sound like a school girl but the only thing she could think of, "just being around others of the clans helps me. Helps my trust issues. I can share my experiences with others to help with some of the injustices that Mandalorians are charged with without anyone really knowing them if Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra returns I can introduce you to her, she has a doctors without borders organization that I am sure would be willing to help in whatever way they can. Maybe clinics where needed, I can do that too. So many things we can do I don't know where to start it seems. I just want to offer it all and go from there."

Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

"Of course. The Mandokarla is open to all that seek its counsel. Myself included." Runi offered Maeve a small smile. "And I would enjoy continuing our conversation." A more personal offer mirroring what sounded like that of Maeve's; her choice in words did not speak of matters of business or duty, but of interest.

That soon followed. "Field medicine or even medical practice is well-received even by Mandalorian men and women. If not then, then many of the Outer Rim would be eager to learn such things. They remain hard-lived worlds where living off the land was a skill that saved many lives, but herbs and poultices are not quite as effective as well-practiced splints and refined medicines."

A slight nod followed Maeve's strong desires. "Mandalorians are like any other people. There is Light and Darkness in each of us, and some show greater favor to one or the other. It is our personal duty to conduct ourselves in a way worthy of the Manda so that others do not see us as ruthless monsters." The Shaman knew many reputations of their kind in the galaxy depending on the world or the person in question. There was nothing for any of them to do, but to strive toward honorable conduct and trust in time that others would see them for what they truly were.

"If Wild Space is too broad to mount and organized effort, concentrate your people and time on Hefi. People of the other worlds come there petitioning the Council for aid and leadership. Hear their plights and you will soon know where to begin." There truly was far too much in the galaxy to do for any one person; or even an entire Clan. "I will aid you in this, how ever I can."

"Aside from that, what is it you enjoy doing when not tending to the suffering of others?"
Runi smiled again in the hopes to convey a genuine interest of two women speaking freely. There was much to speak of duty, but equally important to know others personally.

Tag: Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

Everything Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida said seeped into Maeve's soul helping her to find a way out of the darkness that she had harbored for so long. A path that she could not find with her family it was personal and she knew she had to find her own way, perhaps this was the way.

"I think we could do Hefi first, then plot out where the settlements are in the Outer Rim, then I would know how to prepare and what to send to them. Each settlement may have a specific need. A droid that can do things is great but I'd rather have someone trained to be a bit more...hands on. A face that offers emotion rather than just a voice" Droids served a purpose and were very on point, but in healing others they were very clinical.

"What do I like to do. I have a terrible sweet tooth, I like to indulge in something I've never had and savor the moment of it. I enjoy walking and exploring new places, new things. I gues I just want to experience all I can it makes me feel like I'm part of the galaxy. Sometimes we see so many problems its hard to see the good, the bright and shiny so I enjoy the things that help me to remember there's more to life than my duty to patients."

More words than she usually spoke but it felt ok to do. "What do you do when you are not being a shaman?" Surely she had interests that helped support her mental well being, or could one be mystical all the time?

"Droids are adept at many things," Runi agreed, "but precious few understand those like ourselves. I welcome your desire to meet with people personally." There were some programmed to emulate or simulate Human-like interaction. Part of the reason Runi taught young members of the Mandakarla not to look down on creatures -- even droids -- because they looked inferior.

Quietly, the Shaman listened to Maeve as she answered Runi's question. A small smile played across the woman's lips. It was no surprise to hear the innocent things that seemed to lure the other out into the world. They were good things to hold on to, for a worthwhile cause; there was no shame helping others, but only if it did not come at the expense of taking care of yourself. There was a balance to strike even if it was never met in equal measure, but varied in either direction. Over all, one found time to focus on strengthening their self or relaxing in order to stand ready to help others once more.

"I embody a way of life more than a profession. When I am not in Resa or minding the business of the Enclave, I wander the galaxy in search of other Mandalorians in need or of those that might seek to take up beskar'gam in this life." That was the truth, but as before Runi did not feel that was enough. Having drawn out such a response from Maeve, to leave it at that might discourage further openness if it seemed the Shaman was being tight lipped. "I enjoy walking among the villages set high along towering trees, or walking along paths carved in the faces of mountains. Listening to the ancients tales passed down by storytellers from one generation to the next. And seeing farmers work the fields. Every now and again, perhaps indulge in smoking their leaf, or sampling their distillery." Runi chuckled. "They would take offense if I protested too much even the smallest offering."

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

She was combing the galaxy for other Mandalorians, "I can help you look for others too. I'm about a lot if I see someone I can tell you."

This conversation so easy really once all the emotions she harbored she let go Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida was not of the group who killed her father. If Maeve wanted to learn she would have to stop being blinded by her emotions.

But listening to Runi as she talked reminded her of home of her mother actually. The appreciation for nature and all it offered, the simple things such as a walk to enjoy all that had thrived and provided them air, food, and beauty. Perhaps Runi was an old soul and that was why she was a shaman for the clans.

It would be very easy to live among the clans if everyone was like her. But Maeve knew her life right now was not ready for the peace and quiet of a shaman. As a doctor she saw war on all fronts and now she had volunteered to go into other places to witness more of the same. But this time, should she say it, if she said it it would give voice to the longing she saw in the eyes of the refugees on Alderaan.

Helping the clans was helping family, friends, comrades, relatives all those words the breathed connection .

Offerings what they offered would help many.

"Can I stay here for a while?" She didn't mean just to drop off the supplies she wanted to stay maybe talk to a few others see how she felt.

Runi bowed her head slightly at the woman's offer. "Any of need of a guide in life or to a new home. I represent people, not governments. If Mandalorians do not wish to come to Wild Space I will not demand they do so. A Mandalorian is not made by where they are born, raised, or found shelter."

Some thought reclaiming Mandalore should take up all their focus. Runi did not. Not that if the opportunity presented itself she would dissuade people from pursuing it, of course; there was metaphysical strength in holding something deeply part of a people's history. Even so, Mandalore itself was just a planet. There were many planets. They gave rise to life and should be treated with respect. They shaped a people by what they had in abundance or lacked. But none of that was necessary for a people to survive or even thrive. Understanding. Purpose. Unity. These things brought and kept people together -- wherever they were.

"Of course." A smile touched the Shaman's lips. "Many run when they should walk." Though after a second Runi added quietly, "Though some walk when they should run." Maeve was welcome to do as she felt necessary, especially in service to others. One of the Mandokarla would hardly suggest otherwise. It was important not to become complacent, of course. From the look in Maeve's eye she did not seem ready to grow roots in any one place yet. Perhaps, someday, she would find that certain place; Runi just did not want her to tarry to excess before truly uncovering the Manda meant for her in this life.

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom