Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In All My Dreams I Drown

Sleep had always been a fickle friend for Melydia. Many a night would go by where sleep would pass the creature by as she poured over one project after another, only to crash for a couple hours and repeat the cycle. There was a chaotic energy about those nights, the sheer excitement of creation being enough of a boost to get her through the next incantation, the next application of alchemy before the sweet Sandman came by to whisk her off to drowsy town.

More recently, however, sleep had turned from hours of reprieve to those of dread. They'd all start similarly, a field of flowers, surrounded by friends, both made by time and by her own hand. And all would be well. All would be warm, welcoming. just about everything she'd look for in a friend. And then she'd pick a flower to give a friend a hug, only to look down a moment later to hands of crimson and a broken body of a friend at her feet. The screams that followed, oh the horrible screams. Often times, they were enough to send her jolting awake in a cold sweat, the residue of shame, of fear, thick on her gasping form. Needless to say, sleep did not return after such dreams.

They were frequent enough that she actively avoided sleep after so many. And she was worse for it. Dark shadows made themselves prevalent beneath her sockets, her very skin began to peel and tear off like bark. Every so often she'd begin to drift off, only to jolt awake, uncertain of her surroundings once more.

The dreams weren't all bad, in a way. When she couldn't jolt awake from the shock, she was locked into moments of persecution, of once-friendly faces turning against her. Yet just when she thought they'd spell out certain doom, when she could no longer run nor fly away, there was always one figure, a stranger (though perhaps not so much a stranger anymore) who would come to her rescue. Like a father would their child.

A few more sleepless nights, a few more of the dream - both the shortened and elongated versions - and Melydia wasn't certain how much more she could take. It was always the same area, always the same figure. And while some might chalk it up to coincidence or a sign of something to avoid, she found herself instead drawn to finding this field. Perhaps, if she visited it just once, the dreams would cease.

It was with that hope, misguided as it might be, and an oversized canteen with a needless amount of caffeine that she set out on this mission. To find the fields, or the person, or something more. Anything to make the nightmares stop.

illyrian300.png

P A R T Y
Tags: Melydia Gold Melydia Gold

Welcome to your nightmare.

From his palace on Illyria the Dark Side of the Force spoke to the King. In subtle whispers and shallow visions it showed him the next target, the next demon, the next apprentice.

It had taken weeks for Darth Malphas to secure the subtle visions of the Force and craft them into something he could understand. Finally, after so much time spent in meditation in the Black Waters, he understood the meaning behind the Dark Side's whispers. A single name was spoken inside his mind to echo a thousand times. Melydia Gold Melydia Gold . A creature born and bred from the Dark Side with the naïve mind of a small child. The poor girl was delusional. She did not yet fully understand the pure darkness in the galaxy.

Darth Malphas would open her eyes.

He extended his will over the Force through time and space and forced her to awaken. Now he could feel her traveling from one world to the next, guided by only the unseen hand of the Force. He'd sent her to a world between the Rift of The Confederacy and Silver Concord. A planet known as Shiffrin. It was a small world that few took notice of, however there was one thing there that the Sith Lord had found a use for. A simple, trusting species known as the
Sqor, they were nothing more than settlers from a distant planet in Wild Space but their use had become obvious quite early.

They were simple in mind and weak of will. Dominating an entire settlement of the beings had been the task of a child.

Now, as Melydia made her way to the planet, she would experience a welcome few had ever enjoyed. The Sqor were preparing their settlement for a delicious feast and wonderful banquet to celebrate the arrival of their new friend. There were fireworks, banners, and displays all over the simple town of wooden huts. These people, so easily manipulated, had been dominated by the Dark Side and were eager to obey the word of their unseen master.

It was sure to be a night to remember. A party just for Melydia.

By the time Melydia made it to Shiffrin, she was in a state of mania. Awake often, and shortly started back awake if not, the bug of sorts was absolutely miserable in the time it took to travel. She'd missed all sorts of sights, no doubt, in her journey. Both sights and would-be friends lost to desperation. An optimist would argue she could make the friends on the return trip, assuming there was one. And while Melydia was often buzzing with optimism, this was a rare occasion in which the only thing on her mind were the dreams.

So plagued that her mind and memory escaped her at times, it was a lucky thing she hadn't left without her
gear and satchel in tow. Armor too, though the added boon of it being quite literally attached made that significantly more difficult. There were moments, when her body simply couldn't take another wink of consciousness, where she'd wake shortly after that blasted dream ran its course to the feeling of the orbalisks closest to her face trying to attach itself to her cheek whilst she was unconscious.

When she did at least encounter the Sqor and their party already prepared, she was a bundle of nerves, not nearly as trusting as a well-rested creature might be. Yet even she found herself getting sucked into the joy they spread, despite the dread of dreams past weighing heavily on her shoulders. Perhaps maybe, just maybe, the nightmare itself was really nothing more than a bad dream. Perhaps, she'd found friends after all.

illyrian300.png

N I G H T M A R E

True happiness is the stuff of dreams.

It had to have been a dream. From the moment that Melydia landed on Shiffrin she was welcomed as a long lost sister. She was so loved and celebrated as few people in the galaxy had ever been. The people around her enjoyed her laughter, smiled at her expressions, and listened to every word with a practiced ear. They were her friends. As the night grew deeper, a large pyre had been erected in the center of the village where games, songs, and food was prepared for all.

It was truly a joyous celebration.

Far away from the light of the fires and the music that danced in the air a single man strode through the wooded areas surrounding the village. In the darkness only two amethyst orbs could be seen, hawk like eyes that gazed over the serene terrain. The village was a few miles from where the man stood, yet as his black boots came over a grassy hill he slowed his approach. Far in the distance were a few stray embers and a sunburnt hue to mark the village in the distance.

The Dark Side of the Force was powerful on this world that had been abandoned by the light. It was so easy to tap into the twisting nether and demand its compliance.

The hooded man raised his hands up above his head, clasping them one after another as he concentrated on the Force. His amethyst eyes closed and the planet itself seemed to respond with a chilling wind flowing over the terrain. As the cool air took Shiffrin the man pulled the hood back from his head with his lips curling into a content smile. A single hand extended out towards the village as the man's words drifted into the air.

"Now...bring forth your madness and unleash it upon her."

With his words the Dark Side flooded the village. It filled it with a simple madness, a hatred, a sickness. This disgust that flowed from one native to the next doubled and tripled until finally it was released upon one unsuspecting girl.

"Come to me, girl. Come to me an find salvation."

Melydia Gold Melydia Gold .

Melydia's running on, running on fumes now.
Melydia's totally fried.

She was slow to join in on the festivities, still half expecting everything to come crashing down around her. Yet as the party continued, Melydia found herself starting to ease up, lulled in by the sense of belonging. It was all she could want, the thing she actively sought out most of all for as long as she could remember. It was all too easy to sink into the festivities, lose herself in the revelry.

A breeze blew over the party, sending a foreboding shiver down Melydia's back.

The change in temperature was a sobering note, a sudden reminder of why she was here. "It's getting late, perhaps we should retire," she started, words drawing to an abrupt halt as she looked up at those surrounding her. Quick friends were just as quick to become strangers. The insectoid was quick to scramble to her feet, the panicked mania of before coming back in full force as she felt the sudden mood shift. It was just like the dream, uncannily so. She needed to leave. now. "We're sorry, we know not what we did to offend."

Her eyes stung as she took her leave, wings fluttering in a short burst of flight to put extra distance between herself and any Sqor that may pursue. She had no one to blame but herself for falling for such an illusion of belonging. But she was oh so very tired and so very alone. A dangerous combo to anyone. As she landed in the grasp, knees buckling underneath her as the exhausting landing took its momentary toll, the foliage that came in contact with her stabilizing hand was quick to shrivel, as if its lifeforce itself was sucked into herself.

This was the part, if she remembered correctly, where the newcomer, the Father of sorts would make their appearance. That's how the dreams went at least, right? But there was no one to be found and nowhere to go outside of away from the village. "We did not mean to cause trouble," she said with wide eyes staring at nowhere in particular. Her boots kept moving, though Melydia herself was more a passenger than active participant in the moment, leading down a path she could only hope would lead to deliverance. "We didn't know, we're sorry." She cast a quick glance behind her every so often, half expecting to have someone hot on her tail, the pang of disappointment thundering in her chest if it were not the case. Alone, again, likely for an eternity.

illyrian300.png

A W A K E N

Now, it was time.

The shadow appeared from nowhere. Melydia would run into it and immediately feel off put as she was thrown from her feet to her backside, slamming into the hard, cold ground. She had run so hard, run so fast, had she finally reached her unknown destination? A single hand gloved in black reached out to the girl, offering to help her from her stumble. "Poor thing." His voice was warm and welcoming even though the tone behind it was cold, dark, and low. He had raven black hair and glowing amethyst eyes, just as he'd had in the dreams. However, unlike her dreams the man was no shadow, no specter or abstract concept formed from the girl's young mind. He was flesh and blood before her and embodied the salvation she had sought for.

"You have been looking for me, haven't you?" His lips curled into a soft smile as he helped her to her feet. "I have been searching for you for some time Melydia." He held his arms open for the girl, offering a warm embrace, something he could sense she yearned. She was not unlike another apprentice of his, Danielle Mueller whose emotions were a necessary catalyst in her training. He manipulated the bond between them to further empower and focus her, just as he would do here.

However, before the girl could choose to accept or deny his embrace, they came for her. The Sqor who had turned on her now marched up the hill, an angry mob wishing to rip the girl apart, limb from limb. The man strode past Melydia, a single arm pulling her behind him protectively.

The mob roared out in anger, demanding the girl for whatever crimes that the Sith Lord had invoked into their minds. Some wanted to burn her, some wanted to hang her, and others just wished to rip her limb from limb. The man pulled the lightsaber from his waist, letting it come to life with a snap-hiss. The amethyst blade shined over the surrounding terrain, illuminating it in a purple glow. The Sith's eyes narrowed as the villagers took a step back. The man's left hand rose, clenching in a tight fist and one by one the villagers rose from the ground, clutching their throats as the Force constricted their necks.

There were a number of audible snaps before in a single moment, there was nothing but silence. The man's hand fell back to his side as he turned back to Melydia. "It's time for you to come with me, Melydia." He offered another soft smile. "I'm here to show you your new future."

Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.

Hitting the ground with a surprised cry, she only narrowly avoided landing on a wing. That would've been bad, more than bad, really, they were quite literally her best chance at an escape. She flinched away from the hand, her own rising up to shield herself that was surely coming, the dark side coalescing in her hand like ribbons as the orbalisks in her shoulder pumped another dose of adrenaline into her system.

When no attack came, her eyes that had squeezed shut when she fell fluttered open then widened. Before her was the man from the dreams, in the flesh, figment given form. "We...we know you," the voice of multitudes whispered, gaze turning from fear to incredulous. She took the hand offered, her own limb shaking from the haphazard combination of caffeine, adrenaline, and what felt like a lifetime of sleepless nights, absolutely wired. "We have been searching, yes, though we thought you weren't real. You were searching for us?" If the warmth in his voice was a flame, she would be a moth, though still, she hesitated. Such an evening of sudden friends and betrayals turned her weary and if the dreams had moved past meeting the shrouded man, she did not remember what would come next.

Yet the offered embrace seemed too good to pass up, or at least would have if not for the Sqor coming to collect. Easily falling in line behind her apparent savior, she looked upon the mob, eyes wide with abject terror as they called for her execution. But it didn't make sense, she hadn't done anything. No fixing, no hurting, nothing.

Pulled from the thoughts of panic by a telltale snap-hiss, she watched the blade more than the people as they were lifted by an unseen force, the purple illuminating her already pink-hued face. There was a moment, as the people fell one by one, where the thought of igniting her own blade and enacting her own retaliation drifted in one ear and quickly out the other as she continued staring, stunned to a temporary muteness.

And when at last all was silent and the man once again turned to her, the words she sought were slow to come. "Where are we going?" she asked, what vibrance she'd brought to conversation mere weeks ago long lost to exhaustion. "We are so very tired."

illyrian300.png

F A I T H

The lightsaber in his hand died, the amethyst hue falling back to a cool blackness in the night. With only the moonlight above them the dark figure began to pull his hood back up as the young woman spoke of their destination. The man turned his back to her, glancing back over his shoulder as he began to lead her away from the corpse covered hill. "Isn't it obvious? Home." His cloak gave off a faint shimmer as the winds died down and the cool night had just a bit less of a sting to it. They moved further from the hill and the village in the distance and turned deeper into the wooded area.
"Do you know that the Dark Side of the Force is, Melydia?" He asked her, speaking over his shoulder once again, his face half-hidden from the girl he'd saved. "It is an energy that binds all beings together. A power that few can comprehend and even fewer can utilize properly."
"It is the reason I found you." He revealed.
"Your dreams were my dreams. Premonitions of a future to come that we both anticipated anxiously. It called me to you as it called you to me." A lie. The Force had not called out to her. Merely Adron had utilized the Force to whisper to her across the stars. He had called to her and she had answered, the thought brought a smile to his lips. For a moment his eyes drifted down to his black gloved hand and he enjoyed a realization that was becoming more apparent.
My powers are growing once again. He clenched his hand into a confident fist before letting it fall beneath his cloak once again. "I believe the Force brought me to you so I may take you as my apprentice, teaching you the ways of the Dark Side so that one day your power will be as immeasurable as my own." As they moved through the brush there was an open field laying before them. This field held a single spacecraft that was in a landing position, with the ramp pressed into the planet's grassy terrain. On either side of the ramp were two men, armored knights who stood as still as statues, holding great Vibropikes in their shiny Phrik gauntlets. The man stopped his advance, turning back to Melydia with a soft smile. "I can take you with me to a new world. A world where I can properly teach you to hone your powers. My world, Illyria, would you like that Melydia?"

Home. Now that was a word she hadn't heard often and certainly not in relation to her. In fact, it was quite the opposite, with some Sith she'd encountered appearing keen to remind her that she was created rather than born, a creature more than sentient. So the idea of a home, of actually belonging rather than being a guest or specimen, had her quick to follow. Cautious, still, of course, with a hand kept near the blade at her belt should this too become a sick trick. But she followed regardless.

"We have heard of it, yes," she answered with a quick nod. "We were created of it, just as we too seek to create with it." Every aspect of her being, from the spines growing from her face to the clothes that clung to her form, were in some way altered by the Force. But much of it, those altered by her own hand, were simple, uncomplex. Driven by an almost innate urge to tinker rather than formal instruction.

"Were your dreams as terrible as ours?" she wondered, brow furrowing. She wouldn't wish such torture on her worst enemy. All-encapsulating, ever-present the moment her eyes closed. She wasn't entirely convinced this itself wasn't merely an extended version of the dream, with the punchline waiting around any corner.

As they moved beyond bushes and into the open field, Melydia came to a halt, weary of the guards and their weapons. Perhaps this was where the dream would come to an end once more. She took a couple steps back into the cover of greenery before stopping as the man, her protector, turned back to her. "We would not dislike that, no," she admitted, the cogs in her brain whirling at the strain of trying to keep thoughts straight in the moment. A teacher sounded lovely, especially if having one meant being able to create more of her friends. Like the ones she made on Dxun, though perhaps even better. "But we have so much work elsewhere, so many friends, would we be able to visit them?"

illyrian300.png

F A I T H

Were your dreams as terrible as ours?

For just a shallow moment the man let his eyes fall back to the young woman, nodding softly at the question she'd asked. "Yes." He responded before holding a hand out towards the shuttle. Then came the question of would she be able to work elsewhere and visit her friends. Adron was loathe to give any under his umbrella of power too loose a leash, there tends to be problems that arise when people make the connections of his apprentices.

"After you have completed the first phase of your training, yes." He nodded.

The man kept a hand on Melydia Gold Melydia Gold shoulder as he guided her towards the shuttle. A single hand came down to take the Melydia's hand as he smiled down at the woman. "Creation." He said to her simply. "That is your power. I will teach you how to properly focus it." Inside the shuttle, the interior was beautifully decorated. Gold, amethyst, and silver was beautifully placed along the shuttle. There was a single sofa in the center of the shuttle, which the King walked over to and sat down with a small sigh of relief. There was a number of foods and sweets prepared and the King gestured to the table with an open hand. "Enjoy." He told her before folding one leg over the other.

Once Melydia had settled in and the shuttle's ramp began to close, the King turned his eyes to the woman carefully. "You said you were created by the Dark Side. Do you remember who created you?" He asked, yet as the man spoke he tapped into the Force, searching deeply within the woman for anything more he could use against her, to bind her to the man. Creatures such as this were not often difficult to control, however there were some in their lives that could pose a threat. The being that created her could certainly be one of them.

Her brow furrowed when he answered her question. Not being able to go anywhere or tend to her friends? Now that just wouldn't do at all. She had so many friends to tend to, some being projects she'd taken a break from when it became clear that the dreams wouldn't let her work. If they were left alone, half fixed...She shuddered to think what might be left behind if she took too long.

"And how long is this first phase?"

She had more questions and concerns but the hand on her shoulder and later the one grasping her own meant she was content to follow regardless. Curious, intrigued both by the opportunity to learn and by the individual in general. While she personally wouldn't consider herself grotesque, the often-changing carapace of a form meant she was more often than not kept at arm's length at best. Those who didn't, well, they couldn't be bad, right? As foolish as it might be, to say the creature was touched starved would be an understatement. An ounce of kindness, affection, even, coupled with the promise of knowledge was more than enough to have her climbing aboard the vessel without voicing other concerns.

The glittering sights of various metals and gems were far from displeasing, too, though nothing could really beat a mossy log speckled with fungi. The various foods and sweets also had her wings fluttering in awe, the girl not needing to be told twice to enjoy. Though she did pause before consuming anything, looking up with an expression of sudden seriousness. "Is this freely given?" she wondered aloud.

At the mention of a creator, she paused once more, blinking several times as if trying to conjure up memories. What she got were but cloudy flashes, half bits of dialogue she suspected originated from an aide rather than whoever had done the creating. "We...we know not," her voice trailed off, lost in a memory before a quick shake of the head brought her back to the present and she had another question.

"You know of our name, but what are we to call you?"

illyrian300.png

L I G H T S A B E R

The young woman's questions were expected and so the Sith Lord was prepared to answer them. "A couple of weeks. We merely must ensure you are properly conditioned for the training ahead and ensure you will not be a risk to yourself." He told her. Was the food given freely? That was the next question and to that there was nothing more than a soft nod to confirm her question.

She did not know of her creator. This caused Adron to lean back against the sofa with a soft, barely audible sigh. Was this good or bad? Only time would tell. It was not the things he knew of that caused him worry, rather that which could not be accounted for that could always bring grief. For now he could do nothing more than accept the girl for what she was, alone. In time her creator would make himself known or his relevance would drift into the never ending expanse of the galaxy.

Either worked for Adron.

Finally she asked the man's name and that was when his amethyst eyes were fastened upon her once more. "I have many names and titles. The most important for you to remember is Darth Malphas. However you will address me as your Master for the duration of your training." He informed her, before snapping his fingers. A member of his guard approached him with a small black-bound book, holding it out to the man. After taking the book from the armored knight, the Sith Lord opened it, peering at its contents briefly before quickly closing it and setting it to the side.

"I believe you will be of great help to me and my plans. Together we will unlock the knowledge and power within you that allows you to create." He explained to her. "First, however there is a place where we must visit. Items that must be retrieved for you." Without warning his hand extended out toward Melydia. The unseen hand of the Force quaked and the lightsaber that was attached to her waist flew from it's place into the expecting palm of the Sith Lord. "This is a curious weapon." He spoke softly, his hand running over the ignition pad and brining the blade to life. As it came to life in his hands he chuckled softly, turning the hilt about in his hand. "Not badly assembled and not too heavy, though the design leaves much to be desired." He looked to the girl with a curious expression.

"Who taught you how to construct this?" He asked. Finally his curiosity came to an end and he deactivated the lightsaber. He paid little thought to the weapon as he set it down beside him, pointedly not returning it to it's owner.

"More importantly. Do you know how to wield it?"

She nodded as he answered her question. A couple of weeks wasn't too bad. Not great, but certainly better than a couple of months, for example. Though she had to wonder how she'd possibly be a risk to herself. She of all people should know her own weaknesses, after all. With confirmation that the food was freely given, she dug in though after feasting with the false-friends, it was far more grazing than consuming a proper meal.

Both 'Darth' and 'Master' were titles she'd heard before, keeping company among other Sith being perhaps the majority of her exposure to people outside of her projects. Nevertheless, the latter especially felt weird on her tongue. Something to get used to, for sure. As Darth Malphas - her master - continued to speak, her head tilted to the side. "What sort of plans?" She asked, fingers vacantly tearing at a piece of bread as she listened. "And what sort of items?"

She gave a surprised huff (not quite a squeak, though the starts were certainly there) as the weapon at her belt suddenly parted from her. She kept her eyes on the weapon as Malphas examined it, not quite protective like a creature guarding its child, but undoubtedly weary that the item would be taken from her permanently.

"We read of similar weapons once," she replied, voice drifting quiet as if she were trying to identify more exact details to present. "Archives on a world of tomb-sleepers. Korri-land? Something of that sorta name." His final question gave her pause. Well, she knew how to hold it, did she not? And what more was there to the weapon other than holding and swinging? "We think so?"

illyrian300.png

F U T U R E

What sort of plans?

The question had been echoed out to Adron time and time again. However his answer differed depending on who he was speaking to. He turned to the girl as she tore through a piece of bread. "I am a creator, like you. It is my destiny to create a Kingdom that will know endless security. My Legacy of power is paramount if the Sith are to survive." He explained to the girl, though he doubted she could quite understand. He wondered if he could manipulate their relationship even further.

"The items are a surprise. Items that will help your training and better attune you to the great nether of the Force." The King rose from his seat, taking the woman's lightsaber and clasping it to his belt beside his own. "I will hold on to this for now. A lightsaber is not something you have yet earned." He said before closing the distance between them. When she spoke of the world of the Sith he was quick to correct her with an arched brow. "Korriban?" He suggested.

He smiled softly before walking past the girl and finding a piece of fruit on the table. His hand found a small purple fruit with tiny whiskers covering it's thin skin. He held the fruit out to the girl and with the unseen hand of the Force it began to float towards her. "A lightsaber is an extension of your control of the Force. Wielding one improperly is no different from wielding the Force improperly. You must show me control and commitment, then I will reward you with the blade."

"Now. Take the fruit. Focus on the Force and call it to you." He told her.

Melydia's capacity for understanding was lopsided to say the least. A creature of collection, ever-changing, always observing, what stuck in her brain was a stroke of genius at best and utter tomfoolery most of the time. But she did understand a few things quite well. Creation, survival, that visceral urge to avoid being alone at all costs. That, she could understand. Respect, even. It was, after all, her own guiding force in nearly all things.

She nearly said something in protest to the lightsaber being taken, wanted to at the very least. Know how to use it or not, it was hers. Earning was never a question when she made it, why should it be now? But also what did she know if she was only an apprentice? The promise of getting it back eventually helped, if only a little, as did the curiosity of surprise items. "Yes, that place! With all the angry sleepers."

With Malphas' instruction, she gave an enthusiastic nod. "We know of control, yes." Reaching a hand out, Melydia called the fruit to her, letting it hover a couple moments just above her palm before allowing it to fall in her grasp. She studied the fruit with a vacant expression, momentarily forgetting the exercise as she observed the item once-alive. A wayward imagination took to thinking - what if it could be made alive once again? And with that thought and perhaps just a bit of unused energy, she watched as the whiskers turned to small tendrils, like roots. A moment more and her focus snapped back to the task at hand, looking up from the fruit with wide eyes and a bashful gaze. "We, uh, might've gone too far."

illyrian300.png

C R E A T E

When the girl took the apple from his hands he had not expected what came next. In fact he regarded her with a curios expression as she subconsciously initiated the mutation. The King watched in silence and interest as she corrupted it into something he was sure her mind saw as "more" perfect. He walked over to her, grasping the apple from her palm and looking over it with interest. He turned his eyes to the girl before offering her a knowing smile. "Well done, Melydia." He lowered the apple back to her hand before holding a single finger out to her. "From now on you must learn to focus your talents.... you will see shortly." He told her.

The shuttle trip through the stars was a few hours. During that time Adron explained to Melydia exactly what Illyria is and his plans to expand his Kingdom, yet aside from that he told her little else. It was not long until the shuttle was coming down on Illyria's moon, Avius. The moon was as large as a planet, orbiting Illyria and it was the place where the King had chosen to train his apprentices. As the shuttle landed on the planet's surface the Sith Lord turned to Melydia, gesturing towards the ramp.

"Before anything can occur with your training, we must test your abilities."

The Sith Lord turned to Melydia, gesturing back to one of the trees behind him. "Something more fitting of your skill." He told her. "Show me how you create Melydia." He urged her.

Wings fluttered and smile warmed at the praise, a kind word once being so rare to come by. Such was the life of those more monstrously inclined and the chance of life no longer being as such had the buggy one nearly giddy. "We are eager to learn more, yes yes," she said with a nod of enthusiasm, one of the apple's tendrils mutating to sprout a flower almost in conjunction with her words.

In the few hours it took to reach Avius, Melydia proved to be a diligent listener, perhaps more so than she would normally. The usually excitable being was often going from one project to the other with jittering abandon yet as adrenaline from the previous encounter wore off and she grew accustomed to new surroundings and people, the high-energy being was muted by exhaustion. As exciting as kingdom building was to some, her eyelids struggled to stay open and her mind wandered to less coherent avenues before snapping back in place with a jolt.

Exiting the ship, taking a long glance at her new surroundings, she stared up at the tree with wide eyes and a curious expression. "We can do anything to the tree-friend?" she asked, almost paralyzed by choice and a fear of doing the wrong thing, whatever that might be.

She was cautious in her approach, eventually taking flight to inspect the tree's branches. Once above, she perched on the sturdier of limbs, placing hands on the bark as she began to tap into the tree's being and begin her warped work. A few solid moments of nothing passed before slowly, the limbs that supported her began to move. They shifted and grew to create a slightly more traditional seat than the original perch, though not without an extra jagged edge about them. Flowers, red and orange and equally as corrupted in their appearance, began to sprout on various limbs. The lichen already growing along the tree's bark began to give off a glowing hue.

They were more than subtle changes, Melydia knew that. The likelihood of them remaining and the tree surviving at the same time was slim but nevertheless, it was a time to show off.

illyrian300.png

P O W E R

Melydia's childlike awe when the King offered her a chance to exert her powers caused him to chuckle a bit. He nodded, gesturing to the tree once again so she would know she had his blessings to continue on. As the young alien flew up to the tree's branch, the King watched her with some anticipation yet in the end he was so satisfied with what he saw that it caused his lips to curl into a smile. The ways he could utilize her were endless. She had the capability to completely alter the makeup of living matter and transform it into something else.

An army of organic soldiers, medical properties, they all began to flood into his mind, yet he quieted the thoughts. "Melydia, come down here now." He called her. When the small girl came before him he turned his eyes back to the tree.

Fatherly. He reminded himself.

His hand came down to run through her hair in a show of affection. "Very good." He told her with a warm smile offered to her. His hand came to her back as he guided her down a trail in the forest. "Melydia your talents are even greater than I believed. I wish to show you, as my master showed me, but it will take commitment and you must be strong." He turned to her, placing his hands on her shoulder while looking to her expectantly. "I see so much potential in you to craft new...friends."

"But we must be careful with your talents. You'd hate to make a mess, wouldn't you?" He suggested. He stood back to his proper height before gesturing to for them to continue down the trail. "Your talents will be of great use to me...but for now tell no one of who I am or what I teach you. We'll let it remain a surprise. My work and what I do must always remain hidden from the rest of the galaxy...we'd hate to spoil the surprise. Do you understand Melydia?" He asked her.

Jostled from her thoughts, called down by new directions, Melydia maneuvered out of the makeshift branch chair, letting gravity pull her down until her wings fluttered in the last moments possible. She was worried at first, fearful that she'd gone too far or in the wrong direction, apologies at the tip of her tongue.

She nearly flinched away from the hand in her hair, taken aback by the praise that followed. A moment of processing later, the worried expression on her countenance shifted, warming til she was the face of a fledgling star staring up at her master. "Really? It's only temporary right now but one day, one day our changes might be eternal." She nodded, a look of determination gleaming in her eyes. "We can be strong, especially if it means making new friends." The promise of friends was always a strong motivator.

With added emphasis, she shook her head at his question, quick to follow further into the forest, stopping once to pick up a pretty leaf as she went. "No, no, we won't make a mess. Well, we'll try not to. But sometimes messes want to be made and who are we to tell them no." Her brow furrowed at the last bit, though. No, spoiling a surprise would be no fun at all, but why make it a surprise? "We can keep it a secret, yes - we're very good at keeping secrets, at least from those who can speak - but can we ask why? And does that mean we'd have to hide our new friends, too?"

illyrian300.png

CONTROL

Melydia's question was an expected one to be sure. She was naive but not stupid. When she asked why the secret must be kept, the man continued to guide her through the forest. "You see, Melydia your powers, your friends are truly gifts to the galaxy. However a gift is best served as a surprise, plus there are some who may wish to steal your gifts. You would not want that would you? That is why I found you, so that I may protect you while we hone your abilities." He told her.

They continued through the forest until finally they found a small clearing. In the center of the clearing was a large flat rock. The King gestured for Melydia to take a seat on the rock while he began to speak. "Sit child. Now we're going to do a little exercise, something to hone your abilities." He explained to her. He waited for the girl to sit before his eyes glanced around curiously. They finally found what they searched for on the ground, just below him.

He bent down, pulling a small earth worm from the grass and setting it on the rock in front of Melydia. "Now. Let us say this is one of your friends, correct?" He let the worm move about while he spoke, pressing a hand to his temple. "Can you hear your friends thoughts? Talk to them?" He asked. "Because it is important that we make sure your friends can obey your commands." He told her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom