Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public In a forest by a lake.

Korum Krov left his ship, in a clearing in the middle of the woods. He Pulled himself over roots, under the shade, and through the trees on his walking stick. He enjoyed the sounds of the birds around him, though he had no clue what kind of birds they could be. He had asked his astromech to set course for Nar Shaddaa. And as nice as it looked, was no sprawling metropolis. He'd have to get them Inspected before trying to rely on them for directions again. It was however, a nice change of pace, to walk along a stream on a planet he hadn't figured the name of.

The river Korum was following had reached a lake. He stopped to stare over its shinning surface, After awhile he began to look at the banks and began making notes in his head "...Maybe... ...there..." he thought "I should check if anybody else is around, or try and figure out where I am. Though, I suppose it couldn't hurt to stay here, just for a little while." the opportunity to enjoy this calm lake was one he wouldn't pass up. So, Korum sat down supporting his back on the trunk of the tree looking towards the lake, while resting his walking stick down in the soft grass beside him. He then pulled out his wood carving knife and a small piece of wood, and began humming to himself while he whittled.

Korum had stayed for hours enjoying the peace and quiet of the lake. He'd turned the wood into a small figurine of a m'onnok that he placed into a pocket on his belt. It appeared to be dusk now, though he did't mind much. The night would be a nice change, however if he met someone he might accidentally scare them in the darkness. Standing up He began to brushing off the wood chips off his lap and on to the grass. After getting most of them off Korum picked up his walking stick off the ground getting ready to start getting moving.

Korum checked if anyone else was around, and when he saw none he began to stretch. He twisted his body around, and then snapped it back violently. Sitting for that long had made him stiff and that loosened him up quite a bit. He then looked towards the opposite bank, and into the forest "I wonder, I haven't seen many animals I hope that there aren't many nocturnal predators." he thought. Korum began walking around the lakes edge. When he'd reached the other side and stood at the start of the tree line he stopped for a moment, before heading deeper into the forest.

The King closed his eyes as the Sun started its' descent. It was good to take a break from the constant stress brought upon his shoulders from the many administrative duties of being a king. He tried not to think about the Empire when he took these rare vacations. He cut off all communications except the emergency channel. He didn't need to hear about the inflation of having a new currency, or the random psychopath in the fleet. One wouldn't think a small Empire presiding in a fleet would have so much upkeep yet it seemed just as hard as it would be if the Empire owned half the galaxy. It was his dream to unite the galaxy, but the difficulty gave him nightmares.

That's why he was here. But the day was ending, and he needed to return to the daily struggle. People depended on him...believed in him...and that was enough to make him wake up every morning. With dusk approaching, he arose, taking one last look at the large lake in the woods. It seemed massive, yet from space it had barely been visible. He frowned as he was reminded of his job yet again. The lake was like the issues in the Empire: He was here, and the issues were far away, almost invisible. Yet once they were on the doorstep they became massive.

The relaxation was officially dead as he made his way toward his ship.

Korum had been walking for a while enjoying the silence dusk had brought with the birds in the trees stopping their songs. It was then when he saw something moving ahead of him, off to the side. It was heading in the same direction as he was going, so he began to walk quietly picking up his pace moving towards whoever or whatever it was. He was curious if it was a person, but didn't want to shout or make too much noise and discover that it had been an animal that was less than friendly.

Korum was now no less than 20 feet away and he was certain that it was a man. He could make out their dark hair as well as the fine clothes they wore, though that was all he could make out from looking at their back. Korum wondered what someone else was doing out here if they had gotten lost or lived here. When Korum had gotten close enough to reach out and touch him, he decided to greet the man. "Hello," He said breaking the silence they had walked in. "Who might you be?"

Tags: Korum Krov Korum Krov

The man startled The King who instinctively reached for his blaster only to quickly fix his mistake and raise his right hand to show he meant no harm. The question was a simple one, if you weren't a wanted man, or king. Not only was Heath the king, he was a wanted man on several different planets. He needed to lie, at least at first.

"I'm just a small businessman that needed a vacation. Sorry if I alarmed you, I wasn't expecting anyone else to be out this late."

A simple lie, hopefully a good enough one to convince the man. Heath kept his hand near his blaster in the case that this was a Bounty Hunter or criminal of some kind. What were the chances of a normal citizen being out this late, on this planet, near this lake? There was a good chance that the man was indeed an assassin, and with the light quickly fading Heath couldn't tell if there were any others lurking in the shadows. This was certainly not the ideal situation.

He awaited the man's response, meanwhile he kept his eye on the area behind the man. He had a bad feeling about this...

Korum had watched the man's hand reach down before he stopped. He could tell that he man was uneasy and he couldn't really blame him. Being in a forest at night with a Dark figure they hadn't met would be enough for most to run. At the mans response Korum chuckled a bit, thinking it odd he'd apologize to him. "Nor was I." Korum responded.

Korum noticed the man's eyes were fixed directly behind him. briefly, he turned around checking to see what he was staring at, but he only saw trees. He turned back looking at the man. he thought that it was odd for a business man to carry a blaster on vacation but decided against asking him. Instead, asking "Could you tell me what planet this is."

There didn't seem to be any others, and the man was acting friendly. It wasn't enough to make Heath let his guard down, but it was enough to make him more comfortable with the situation. The planet was Rishi, a tropical planet near Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddah, and what used to be known as "Hutt Space." That was another reason to be worried...Hutt Space was still a hive of scum and villainy. It would be a small trip to Rishi for any assassins. "Rishi, the nearest major locations would be the Old Hutt planets. How'd you get here?"

By ship. How else? Korum replied giving a half answer. The businessman said Rishi which meant he hadn't missed his original destination by too much. It also meant they were on the edge of CIS territory. That wasn't the worst place he could have ended up. He assumed, then that the man worked for the CIS as well. Korum noticed the man's guard hadn't dropped with his hand still near a blaster. Which was understandable, but he had no interest in being shot tonight. so he tilted his head and nodded towards the gun saying "Did you come here to hunt?"

He felt stupid, of course the man had arrived by ship. He meant to ask why he was here, but the fact that the man didn't know where he was made Heath wonder if he'd been abandoned here. The question of if he hunted or not was surely due to his defensive stance with his hand around his blaster. He felt bad, he hadn't meant to be so defensive. That being said it was certainly justified. Kings had many enemies. Heath especially.

"No" the King said with a smile, lowering his hand away from his blaster. "Though I considered it. I've only hunted a few times in my life. I tend to be busy so I stick with short vacations such as this one."

While he had lowered his guard he kept looking around occasionally. It was now almost completely dark, he needed light but had brought none as he expected to be on his ship by this time. He needed to go, the planet could have predators that come out at night and the possibility of assassins was still high. However he couldn't simply kill a conversation, right?

He decided to directly ask the man why he didn't know where he was.

"So, why don't you know where you are? If you arrived by ship, why are you out so late? Surely you have somewhere to be as I do?"

Korum felt more comfortable now. Due to the businessman lowering his guard, and from the night fully setting in. The man's response was interesting to him. He thought it a bit odd that someone would bring a blaster on vacation, but being out in the wild might have made it necessary. The man seemed still seemed a bit wary, though he thought it was because of the darkness that now surrounded them. Korum responded. "Well, that's a lot of questions. I was headed for Nar Shaddaa, but... my astromech got the coordinates wrong. I stayed this late as I was enjoying the beauty of this planet. And no, I don't have anywhere else to be. Other than here."

Korum looked around again following the mans eyes into the woods, before staring at them. "Now, I have a few for you if you don't mind?"he asked rhetorically. "Do you know if anyone lives here? do you need some light? And what sort of business are you a part of, Sir?"

Tag: Korum Krov Korum Krov

It was fair, a series of questions answered, another series asked. Everything made sense, though Heath didn't like the fact that the man said he was headed to Nar Shaddaa. Now, to answer the questions...

"I'm sure some people live here, just not near by. As for the light, certainly, I wasn't expecting to be out this late. My business is a droid repair and manufacturing business back on Coruscant."

Of course he had lied about his business, but it should hold up. There were hundreds of businesses on the city-planet of Coruscant. He had likely come up with the idea of a droid repair area due to the man mentioning his own droid's malfunction combined with the extensive use of Droids by The Elysium Empire. Hopefully the man wouldn't ask anything regarding the actual repair of droids...Heath knew little to nothing about that. Perhaps he could offer to take the droid to the "shop" if he needed to.

He was finally getting relaxed with the conversation, the man didn't seem to be after him, or even know that he was King Heath Valhoun and not some businessman. He was a bit surprised by that in truth. He was a relatively known man, popular among the people and unpopular among the nobility. Still, he could only be so influential with the limited resources of his Empire. That on top of the darkness made it logical that the man didn't recognize him.

Hopefully it stayed that way.

So the man said he was from Coruscant and worked with droids. Strange that he'd chosen a vactation spot so far from alliance Territory, and apparently from the Inhabitants of Rishi as well. Clearly he wasn't just a mechanic, it was obvious from the way he dressed. He looked more the management type, and so Korum decided against asking for help in fixing his droid's error. He made sure no one else was around before taking a lightsaber hilt from the back of his belt and Ignited its red blade, in an effort to Illuminate their surroundings. "There. I apologize if that startled you, but I seem to have forgot a flashlight." smiling at the end of his sentence.

The woods around them now glowing a faint red were filled only with the sound of a low hum and a things off in the distance taking flight. Korum spoke "I.. Do hope I haven't taken up too much of your time, sir. If you can Remember where your ship is I'd be happy to light the way. I wouldn't want you to get lost in this darkness"

Heath had visibly jumped as the man ignited a red lightsaber. Once again his guard was up. A red saber usually meant the user was a Sith...the more immoral of the two sides. Heath didn't say anything about the blade, instead only motioning with his head in the direction of the ship and saying "Of course, I appreciate your assistance."

Heath began toward the old Imperial Shuttle a couple hundred yards from here. He kept his distance from the Sith, still a hair uneasy about the lightsaber. He wasn't sure what to think, on one hand the man seemed friendly and hadn't attacked him yet. On the other hand it was late, Heath was a King with no guard, and the man was apparently a Sith. If he had guards and it was daylight he would probably be much more comfortable.

Just suck it up Heath, we aren't far now. He thought to himself as he continued to walk toward the ship. He felt like there was going to be a catch...something had to happen. He'd need to stay alert.

Korum now knew the man was probably lying, though about what he'd yet to find out. The man had jumped at the sight of the red blade seeming wary, but not questioning. He thought a man from the capital city of the galactic alliance would have ran, froze, or at least questioned him on the weapon he now held as a glow stick. No. the man was most likely from somewhere else. But, why lie? Korum nodded at the direction the man gestured, beginning to walk with him. In one hand his walking stick and the other the lightsaber.

Thinking of a way to learn more, Korum began to chat with him. "So how long have you lived on Coruscant Mr... ?" He trailed pretending to search for the mans name. "I don't Believe I caught your name."

"Victor. Hans Victor." Heath said, yet another lie added to the growing pile. "I've lived on Coruscant for six years, started my business as soon as I could. It started to grow two years back, now I'm looking at the possibility of opening another building. I may not, I dunno." The only true part of his statement was that he didn't know. He needed to try to stop lying before he made a mistake, such as an inconsistency in his story. Sometimes the bet defense was more offense.

He decided to take the offense and ask the man more questions. "I like your laser sword, how'd you get it?"

Heath knew it was a lightsaber, not a lasersword, but sounding more uneducated could be useful. What he didn't know was how the man received it. Was he a Sith? Was it crafted, gifted, or stolen? His answer would reveal a lot...if he told the truth.

Hans seemed to be more comfortable, giving more than Korum had asked. It sounded like he was fairly new to Coruscant, called the lightsaber a laser sword, and now seemed curious about it. He might have jumped to conclusions in thinking he was less than honest, but something still didn't sit right. "Well, It's not exactly a... polite thing to discuss Mr. Victor. But, to make a long story short I killed the Sith that owned this blade." He gestured to the lightsaber with his walking stick. It was something he often had to lie about, and he always kept the story the same.

Korum then began to presume and pry saying "You must have great pride in what you do Mr. Victor. Tell me, why come out here all this way to the edge of CIS territory just for a short vacation?"

He had killed the Sith? Heath was curious now, but he couldn't ask too directly, he needed to make it seem like the Sith were mythic to him. First he needed to provide an answer to the innocent question of why he came so far from Coruscant. It was a normal question, he was indeed pretty far from the city-planet.

"I like to stay away from the more populated areas, plus it was a relaxing star-trip. But I'm a bit intrigued now, aren't the Sith unkillable by most? How did you manage?"

Han's response made sense. Korum was now mostly certain he had been mistaken, and decided to let his worry go for now. As, the man acted though he had barely heard of the Sith. He had expected Han's question, nodding slightly at it. The answer would be another lie, but he didn't have a choice. So, he began to tell a tale.

"You are correct Mr. Victor, It is not... easy to manage. It took five years of careful planning to bring about their death. But, I am nothing if not patient. I took my chance on one of the Empire's mining worlds. You see, they'd been having riots that the local law was failing to deal with. A prime place for the Sith to be sent, wouldn't you say? So, before they arrived I found Caves where rioters would often regroup, and I lined the walls with high grade explosives. Then, I waited. Detonating the bombs once the Sith was deep inside. Burying them alive."

Korum now looked at Hans, still walking.

The lightsaber hummed, filling the few seconds of silence before Heath responded to the man. Up ahead the ship could be seen through the trees, the crimson light reflecting off the moist leaves. If the man's tale was true, Heath could use someone like him in The Elysium Empire. He couldn't reveal everything. Not now, it was too late, he had lied too much. But perhaps he could catch the man's name, and watch him, then he could decide if he was worth recruiting or not.

"That's very impressive. How did you retrieve the saber from the ruins?"

Hans had called the weapon a saber. Korum was suspicious again, as it was only a few moments prior when the man asked about it using the term laser sword. Although, this time he was much slower to jump to conclusions. Perhaps the man simply couldn't remember the name at first, perhaps he'd been worried about the weapon and had just played dumb, or perhaps the man heard him mention it in his story. But, he was fairly certain he didn't. "The saber? You forget Mr. Victor, the purpose of the planet was mining. I had anything I could ask for to dig this saber out." he made sure to put an emphasis on the word to see how the man would react.

Korum noticed a ship now visible between the leaves. It was dark, but he could make out the outline. It didn't seem to look like any alliance ship he'd ever seen, or any civilian ship for that matter. looking up at it he asked. "A fine ship from what I can see. Is it yours?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom