Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In a Bad Way: Carratos en Fugue

VanceCaydence

Engineer, Caydence Naval Yards
*Vance took note of the expression she used when she was about to reply. The son of Athen was no stranger to that look; when one's eyes said one thing, and their expression, another. When he was in his accident a few years ago, he spent most of his days in the hospital training his own smile to be so convincing. The elder Caydence didn't want anyone to know the defeat he felt, sitting there in his recovery bed, having to relive the pain of his shoulder being crushed almost daily. In that way, it was almost like being reborn the day that he found out he was going to receive his prosthesis. On that day, Vance was truly able to smile.*

*When Arrya turned to leave, Joanna was quick to approach him. The younger sibling waited until Arrya climbed up into her ship before tapping Vance's arm frantically and beginning the verbal barrage that Vance was quickly learning to expect of her.*

"Vance! She's a karkin' bounty hunter! Gotta be! I figured that she'd be some kinda slaver or somethin', but--ohmygodsshe'safrackin'bountyhunter!!!"

*The elder brother's brow furrowed as he feigned utter confusion.*

"Excuse me? What are you going on about?!"

"Seriously Vance! I saw her ship! She's got holding cells in there! And the panel she has in there? Full o' frackin' weapons, bigger than Ol' Blue on your hip!"

*Well, that certainly sparked Vance's curiosity. And he'd certainly get to the bottom of it all, but it'd have to come later.*

"That's not really our concern though, is it?"

"You mean you're not even the slightest bit curious?"

*Vance threw on a convincing grin, wrapping his arm around his sister's shoulder.*

"C'mon, little sis. We repair pirate ships for a living. What's a bounty hunter compared to all of that?"

"Well, what's she doin' way the flip out here? You ever stop to think about that?"

"Not my circus, not my Tach-monkeys...now stop fan-girling and help me figure out this nonsense you sent me. What's this about the ion drives?"

*Joanna started going over the diagnostic with him, and Vance noticed a certain gentleman approaching from the hangar doors. He stood a few dozen feet from them now, next to one of the other fighters in the bay.*

"Hold on, Jo-Jo..." *He gave a nod and a smile to the gentleman, who seemed to be wearing some sort of mask. Stepping in front of Joanna so that he was between her and the man, he called out to him.* "How are you doing today, sir? Anything I can help you with?"

*Joanna looked out from behind the larger figure of her brother, noticing the man. With everything that had happened over the past couple of days, it was no wonder that Vance was being more protective than usual. The hooded figure had the look of someone who could be from a pirate crew; which immediately caused a look of concern to come over Joanna's face. If the man was with Dirge's crew, he could be someone seeking retribution for the bar-brawl of the night past. She noticed that Vance wasn't moving for his gun, though, so that was a relief. The two of them seemed to stand there for a little longer, waiting to see what the man wanted.*

[member="Arrya Volan"] | [member="Tydus Wryeens"]

Tydus walked in slowly, hand behind his back and looking at all the tools scattered around the mechanics shop. He didn't seem like much of a space explorer, he thought to himself. What did he know though, at first glance people probably though of him as a droid. He waited for the Twi'lek to leave, then he began to walk up again, nodding to the women as she left. He placed his cybernetic arm on the old fighter he was standing next to as he walked forward, making a small metal on metal sound as he scrapped his hand by. Not damaging the ship, but he only imagined what it felt to feel something again.

The mans speaking to Tydus grabbed his attention, he almost forgot the reason he was here, he nodded slowly and placed his hands at his back again. Walked up to the man, and as he walked, he began to speak, "Hello, apologies if I scared you, I was told a Mr. Caydence was here, I wish to speak to the manager of this hanger if I could.

[member="Vance Caydence"] | [member="Arrya Volan"]

VanceCaydence

*It wasn't as though Vance could tell much about the fellow that had approached them. He saw the mask, and there was a sort of metallic luster to his hand. Prosthetic, maybe? Or perhaps there was more to the individual than was previously assumed. Either way, he seemed to ask for Vance by name. It wasn't entirely unexpected, so Vance just exuded his normal, trustworthy grin and addressed the gentleman's inquiry.*

"You've found me. The name's Vance." *Stepping forward to shake the man's hand, he continued.* "And what do we call you, sir?"

*Joanna stood off to the side of them now, hanging back near Arrya's ship in case the woman exited her vessel. One of the other techs stood nearby, and came by to make small conversation with her. Overall, this was the safest place that she could be. This was her home, and these people were family - even if they were just employed by the company. After a while, people tended to grow on you. It was just the measure of things.*

[member="Tydus Wryeens"] | [member="Arrya Volan"]

Ahh good, he found [member="Vance Caydence"], that saved him a lot of searching time, it so much easier when people are just truthful with him. He took a few steps forward so he could properly introduce himself, "Hello Mr Caydence, I'm Tydus Wryeen, I was told by some rather rude people that you would be interested in buying what I am selling, that is unless there's another Caydence that wishes to buy info of new space lanes in the Unknown and Fringe Regions."

Tydus looked around the ship real quickly, it was a nice little shop. There were people working around them, and a rather old ship just hanging out near the two of them. Behind the man was a younger female, now taking to another man, he figure that would be one of his sisters. He was use to working for rather shady types of people, so he was surveying the quickest route to escape should the time arise when this deal would go belly up.

VanceCaydence

*Vance considered the man's words, noting the way that Tydus seemed to glance about his hangar. If Vance were the paranoid sort, he'd almost assume that his guest was casing the place. But, that would have been a useless gesture. Everything within the Yards was monitored redundantly in more ways than most shipyards would even dare to imagine. Chalk that up to Vance's uncle, Caide. Regardless, the man had posed a question. Vance needed to consider what was being proposed.*

"Another Caydence? Well, I suppose you could say that. Usually, my brother Hunter handles most of our acquisitions and trade routes. If the information you have in your possession holds any merit, I'm sure that Caydence Naval Yards would be willing to compensate you for it. Do you have a sample of your info? Any guarantees that the intel is solid?"

*It wasn't as though Vance was trying to make things difficult. Any buyer worth their salt knew to ask the right questions when dealing with information of such a lucrative nature.*

[member="Tydus Wryeens"] | [member="Arrya Volan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom